March 29, 2024, 03:23:10 AM

Author Topic: Post ah movie thread  (Read 275265 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Post ah movie thread
« Reply #930 on: July 20, 2012, 09:13:23 PM »
Yes, the team name was even the Mean Machine, must've just been a remake.

Those cheeky Brits...

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #931 on: July 21, 2012, 12:45:00 AM »
Yes, the team name was even the Mean Machine, must've just been a remake.

Those cheeky Brits...

Exactly what it was, hence the name "Mean Machine."
The football (soccer) version.

Enjoyable flick.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: July 25, 2012, 08:50:55 AM »
The Dark Knight Rises ... boss movie. I have to rank it up there as one of the best "comic book super hero" movies if not the best to date.  :beermug:

The only downside was the audio. Some dialogue was unintelligible. Two much growly, raspy speech from Bane and Batman.
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: July 25, 2012, 09:04:53 AM »
watched safe house lastnight, good story line, nice action, decent flick  :beermug:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: July 25, 2012, 10:30:05 AM »
The Dark Knight Rises ... boss movie. I have to rank it up there as one of the best "comic book super hero" movies if not the best to date.  :beermug:

The only downside was the audio. Some dialogue was unintelligible. Two much growly, raspy speech from Bane and Batman.

I think this Batman focussed more on story than effects. It was very good. Rare to see Batman looking so vulnerable.

Bane was a great character. The actor, Tom Hardy, co starred in a Star Trek movie years ago as they younger copy of Picard. It is unbelievable how this man has bulked up over the last decade.

VB

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: July 25, 2012, 02:11:49 PM »
The Pact, much better than I expected.  It's a horror about some missing women. Not sure what pact they talkin about though.
The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada, pretty good and I never heard of it before IMDB suggested it to me.  Tommy Lee Jones is the main character.  It's about an illegal alien who got killed in the desert.  Good actors besides Jones too.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 02:17:56 PM by Peong »

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: July 25, 2012, 02:43:39 PM »
Anybody vibesing the new season of Breaking Bad?

This is the 5th and final season, but it is split between 8 episodes first half and 8 more episodes second half, 16 to come in all.

First 2 episodes was good... Mike moving like ah dread badman.. I interested to see the direction they take the series now that Gus out the picture. Interestingly enough, the first 2 episodes seem to be focusing on specific characters and we not seeing much of the other characters that had their own storylines going like Saul, Hank wife, Walt family etc.  I guess they still setting the stage.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: July 25, 2012, 03:57:52 PM »

This is the 5th and final season, but it is split between 8 episodes first half and 8 more episodes second half, 16 to come in all.

First 2 episodes was good... Mike moving like ah dread badman.. I interested to see the direction they take the series now that Gus out the picture. Interestingly enough, the first 2 episodes seem to be focusing on specific characters and we not seeing much of the other characters that had their own storylines going like Saul, Hank wife, Walt family etc.  I guess they still setting the stage.

yeah, that opening scene from episode 2 was mad. from "franch" to the auto defibrilator. walt turn into a real creepy MF. skyler have some fight though - ah feel she have a few stunts to pull again. and mike making moves - all this talk about walking away and inexplicably he back in?!

but lydia - wda?! she seem like a marie antoinette - real unstable.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: July 25, 2012, 04:18:51 PM »

yeah, that opening scene from episode 2 was mad. from "franch" to the auto defibrilator. walt turn into a real creepy MF. skyler have some fight though - ah feel she have a few stunts to pull again. and mike making moves - all this talk about walking away and inexplicably he back in?!

but lydia - wda?! she seem like a marie antoinette - real unstable.

The season 4 finale show me that Walt is ah sick individual. If i didn't see it i wouldn't ah believe he went to them lengths, and he still toting Jesse on a string.

Mike hadda jump back in because he realize after the meeting that if his fellahs doh see their money, they will cave in and sell him out and then he going down.. That is what went on with Mr. Chow and the other fellah that got sent for him.

But Mike expressions (or lack thereof) does kill me. He doh cater, the scene in the interrogation room was epic.

Only thing i struggling with is this having to wait every week for an episode. I really preferred to watch out a season back to back on my own timing.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: July 25, 2012, 04:44:41 PM »
Allyuh take that Mad Men talk tuh ah separate thread nah... allyuh doh know de meaning of "movie" or what?  :busshead:

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: July 27, 2012, 10:28:54 AM »
Went and take in the Dark Knight Rises last night in Movietowne, 1030pm flick...

After hustling down there thinking i would be too late and have to fight up with crowd and end up in pit looking up 90 degrees, i was real surprised to find that the cinema was only about 1/4 full... I don't know if its that whole scene in the US that deter people or the late movie on a Thursday night, but for a movie this big i woulda thought it woulda been much more pressure like how it was with Avengers.

The movie as expected was boss.. Bane as a villain was excellent, in fact only marginally less dread than the Joker.. Nolan really carry us down to the depths of despair and hopelessness in this one, which I find was great. Agreed that some of the dialogue from Bane was inaudible with the raspiness.

Can't really say much more without being a spoiler.

Will be interesting to see where they take the Batman franchise given that this is the last in the trilogy.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: July 27, 2012, 10:55:37 AM »
The season 4 finale show me that Walt is ah sick individual.

Yuh lorse mih dey? how so?

seems to me gus force he hand,,is either gus had to dead first or walt  and he family gettin dus out
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: July 27, 2012, 12:58:58 PM »

seems to me gus force he hand,,is either gus had to dead first or walt  and he family gettin dus out

You eh realize what Walt do the youthman in that final episode?

DISCLAIMER: Anyone who didn't watch the series yet, do not click link below

http://www.aoltv.com/2011/10/09/breaking-bad-vince-gilligan-season-4-finale-walt-gus-jesse/

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: July 27, 2012, 01:40:29 PM »
Went and take in the Dark Knight Rises last night in Movietowne, 1030pm flick...

After hustling down there thinking i would be too late and have to fight up with crowd and end up in pit looking up 90 degrees, i was real surprised to find that the cinema was only about 1/4 full... I don't know if its that whole scene in the US that deter people or the late movie on a Thursday night, but for a movie this big i woulda thought it woulda been much more pressure like how it was with Avengers.

The movie as expected was boss.. Bane as a villain was excellent, in fact only marginally less dread than the Joker.. Nolan really carry us down to the depths of despair and hopelessness in this one, which I find was great. Agreed that some of the dialogue from Bane was inaudible with the raspiness.

Can't really say much more without being a spoiler.

Will be interesting to see where they take the Batman franchise given that this is the last in the trilogy.

Most likely they'll just reboot it again... new director, new character lead... new interpretation on the story. Will be real hard to top Nolan's trilogy though... I remember watching Batman Begins and being completely blown the %^&* away by the technical details, cinematography, Bale's acting... just a real nice storyline, visually stunning, great acting everything.

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: July 27, 2012, 05:09:51 PM »
I remember being sceptical about Batman Begins until I took it in when it came out in cinema. I actually believed that I could be that hero. For me, Batman Begins was better than The Dark Knight. I've watched Batman Begins over 20 times and once it's on television I stop what I'm doing just to sit and watch it. Christopher Nolan is truly a gem of a director. Hope he also makes Superman into a trilogy.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #945 on: July 28, 2012, 11:48:43 AM »

http://www.aoltv.com/2011/10/09/breaking-bad-vince-gilligan-season-4-finale-walt-gus-jesse/

The only other way out for Walt at the end of eason 4 was to go to the DEA. That's one theme BB has developed consistently is Walt's pride. That man eh easy atall. Is to the point is no longer about family, is about him.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 12:02:08 PM by ribbit »

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: July 28, 2012, 11:53:00 AM »

The only other way out for Walt at the end of eason 4 was to go to the DEA. That's one theme BB has developed consistently is Walt's ride. That man eh easy atall. Is to the point is no longer about family, is about him.

Allyuh know dey have a BB thread, right?

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: August 03, 2012, 07:01:41 PM »
Saw Savage. Movie did not give the book justice. decent flick though, kind of pulp fictionish
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: August 06, 2012, 07:44:01 PM »
Took in Total Recall last night....Not a bad flick to watch on a boring Sunday evening. I saw that a sequel to "Taken" is coming out, that look like it will bad ass

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: August 06, 2012, 08:01:10 PM »
The Proposition (2005).  Well I really enjoyed this one.  Guy Pearce as an Irish mofo in a hard part of Australia in the late 1800s.  Badass movie, and I only stumbled upon it because I was checkin out what other movies Pearce was in.  Take it in.

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: August 06, 2012, 08:08:26 PM »
Took in Total Recall last night....Not a bad flick to watch on a boring Sunday evening. I saw that a sequel to "Taken" is coming out, that look like it will bad ass

A sequel to Taken? Yuh mean that man daughter get kidnap again? She doh need to ever leave the US again.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: August 06, 2012, 08:33:24 PM »
Saw "Dark Knight Rises"... good flick.  Still think "The Dark Knight" was much better... but this was also excellent.

Saw "Total Recall"... too bad it can't be totally recalled.  Waste ah time movie.  Had its moments, but I rate it merely enjoyable, as opposed to being good.

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: August 06, 2012, 09:05:05 PM »
Saw "Dark Knight Rises"... good flick.  Still think "The Dark Knight" was much better... but this was also excellent.

Saw "Total Recall"... too bad it can't be totally recalled.  Waste ah time movie.  Had its moments, but I rate it merely enjoyable, as opposed to being good.

I thoroughly enjoy Dark Knight Rises last night... I think even more than TDK... but I haven't seen that in a while.

I thin it was better than Avengers
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #953 on: August 06, 2012, 09:28:59 PM »

A sequel to Taken? Yuh mean that man daughter get kidnap again? She doh need to ever leave the US again.

i think liam neeson and his wife got taken this time and the daughter is going to rescue them....not sure how that going to work

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: August 06, 2012, 11:52:21 PM »

i think liam neeson and his wife got taken this time and the daughter is going to rescue them....not sure how that going to work
From what I saw, it looks like the wife gets taken by the family/organization members who he killed in part 1.......
Clip here ---  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpaT8NzkLgE

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: August 06, 2012, 11:58:45 PM »

Fully agree, thats why I said it was not a bad flick for a boring Sunday evening. The original was better IMO.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: August 07, 2012, 12:33:11 PM »

I thoroughly enjoy Dark Knight Rises last night... I think even more than TDK... but I haven't seen that in a while.

I thin it was better than Avengers

Boss, you thinkin just like me. I think it was better than both prior Batman movies and the Avengers, and I say this having loved all three. I liek that Batman was the focus here. TDK, while great, was more of a "Joker featuring batman" movie. I thought this one had more dire consequences, which I liked and thought Bane was a scarier proposition than Joker (not a better villain, just scarier).

But both had me on the edge of my seat. Literally
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: August 07, 2012, 12:34:36 PM »

I hope not, cuz that sounding like shit. But keeping an open mind
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: August 12, 2012, 10:36:45 AM »
007: skyfall trailer........hope dey revert to Casino Royale style fights and chases....d "bourne style" from QOS eh wukkin >:(

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/6kw1UVovByw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/6kw1UVovByw</a>
I pity the fool....

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: August 12, 2012, 10:53:46 AM »
Yeah I thought Quantum of Solace failed.  About to go take in Bourne Legacy in a bit.

1]; } ?>