April 15, 2024, 10:51:56 PM

Author Topic: Post ah movie thread  (Read 276565 times)

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Post ah movie thread
« Reply #960 on: August 24, 2012, 08:25:09 AM »
I was rewatching Santana videos and it reminded me of another movie I saw a few months ago, Meet the Feebles.  Its directed by Peter Jackson (the same one who did Lord of the Rings) and its the same kind of genre as Santana, with puppets, though sort of different (dark) humor.  I thought it was pretty good...did anyone else see it (its 20+ years old)?

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: September 05, 2012, 07:01:56 PM »
anybody ever check out "Person of Interest" damn good Vigilante\antihero type series fairly strait forward but in have nuff twists to keep d brain tease junkies interested........the d action damn good. a friend of mine turn mih unto this site is per episode torrents for d ones dat doh dig streams or ketchin ass to find good stream sites....jus run ah search.
I pity the fool....

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: September 05, 2012, 07:40:28 PM »
Somebody mentioned Incendies.  Damn that was good.  Best drama I've seen in a long time.  And it lost in the best foreign film category so  that winner have to get watched too.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: September 06, 2012, 06:31:27 AM »
anybody ever check out "Person of Interest" damn good Vigilante\antihero type series fairly strait forward but in have nuff twists to keep d brain tease junkies interested........the d action damn good. a friend of mine turn mih unto this site is per episode torrents for d ones dat doh dig streams or ketchin ass to find good stream sites....jus run ah search.

agree . good first season.  Looking forward to season 2. Airing Sep 27 2012
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: September 06, 2012, 06:47:09 AM »

agree . good first season.  Looking forward to season 2. Airing Sep 27 2012
ok then, will be waitin patiently, I handle d first season in d space of 3-4 days ::) :-[ ;D after ah see ah advert for the DVD an' get curious :devil:
I pity the fool....

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: September 08, 2012, 11:27:31 AM »
Finally saw The Grey... decent movie, some good suspense.  Them wolves are some devious fackers... whoever did the animal wrangling was boss.  Liked the crash from the cabin perspective... that was good, terrifying.  I find it a little hard to believe that he didn't realize where it was he ended up though... he senses dull or what?  And the scene with the rope bridge... how the wolves cross de river ?Felt kinda cheated when it was all said and done, but good stuff.

Also saw The Rite... steups.  It arrite, but try as they might, nothing comes close to The Exorcist.  If satan heself coming then yuh'd expect some more fireworks man.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: September 22, 2012, 07:44:08 AM »
Saw "Lawless" last night and really enjoyed the flick. Thought the acting was good. Based on a true story, so it had an realistic edge
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

AirMan

« Reply #967 on: September 26, 2012, 12:40:49 PM »
finally seen "Act of Valor" few days ago..good but overrated

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #968 on: October 05, 2012, 02:46:59 AM »
Loopers. Flipping good movie. See it.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Tierra

• Jr. Warrior
  • Football unites
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: October 09, 2012, 04:34:22 PM »
Any reviews on Taken 2

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: October 10, 2012, 07:17:20 AM »
Somebody mentioned Incendies.  Damn that was good.  Best drama I've seen in a long time.  And it lost in the best foreign film category so  that winner have to get watched too.

Yeah that was a boss flick. Tension right down to the bitter end.

If it has not been mentioned already allyuh should check out a film called Amores Perros (Love's a bitch). IMO Probably one of the best flims made anywhere in the last 15 or so years.

A next one many of ya'll probably done see already....Confederate States of America....was damn good. Its a historical documentary, comedy and reality TV rolled into one. Its about what America would be like today if the South had won the war and kept slavery legal. Big big flim.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 07:35:24 AM by ZANDOLIE »
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: October 10, 2012, 07:27:09 AM »
Anybody went and see Cabin in the Woods?

Is a horror/comedy/satire. That movie is real tears. Recommended.

That was off the hook! Talk about unpredictable. Add scifi/action/adventure to the description.

Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: October 10, 2012, 08:08:37 PM »
Anybody went and see Cabin in the Woods?

Is a horror/comedy/satire. That movie is real tears. Recommended.

That was off the hook! Talk about unpredictable. Add scifi/action/adventure to the description.

Hah yeah that wasn't so bad.  Good ending.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: October 11, 2012, 05:30:40 AM »

Yeah that was a boss flick. Tension right down to the bitter end.

If it has not been mentioned already allyuh should check out a film called Amores Perros (Love's a bitch). IMO Probably one of the best flims made anywhere in the last 15 or so years.

A next one many of ya'll probably done see already....Confederate States of America....was damn good. Its a historical documentary, comedy and reality TV rolled into one. Its about what America would be like today if the South had won the war and kept slavery legal. Big big flim.

see: http://youtu.be/EViGaTSnqRw

* broken up into 5 or 6 parts, but they are all there if anyone is interested in watching.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: October 11, 2012, 05:33:03 AM »
Any reviews on Taken 2

Not sure why they spoiled a good thing with this one. Basic fight scenes, story line was terrible and his daughters role was not well written. Ms ting driving stick like ah boss and couldn't even pass she drivers test. They should have stopped at part 1.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #975 on: October 11, 2012, 09:15:44 PM »
Any reviews on Taken 2

Not sure why they spoiled a good thing with this one. Basic fight scenes, story line was terrible and his daughters role was not well written. Ms ting driving stick like ah boss and couldn't even pass she drivers test. They should have stopped at part 1.

Agreed.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

AirMan

« Reply #976 on: October 12, 2012, 08:29:18 PM »
Seen Taken 2 last week..not bad, nothing special
This movie is next for me.. http://myvoicetv.net/video-new-django-unchained-trailer/

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: October 13, 2012, 03:40:14 PM »
Any reviews on Taken 2

I think it was the father shifting gears for her. I agree though, the movie was a waste of money for me...wayyy to predictable.

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: October 13, 2012, 08:18:26 PM »
Seen Taken 2 last week..not bad, nothing special
This movie is next for me.. http://myvoicetv.net/video-new-django-unchained-trailer/

I had a chance to read the script for Django a while back and could not put it down! I hope Tarantino do the script justice. Based on the themes people going to get vex, but I can't wait to see it.

Offline Tierra

• Jr. Warrior
  • Football unites
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: October 14, 2012, 08:26:58 PM »
Thanks for the heads up, Django looks good I mean the main cast alone will pull a crowd however this film would not be for everyone.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: October 23, 2012, 08:55:43 AM »
The Dark Iron Rises  ;D

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/5EjG-1U3wqA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/5EjG-1U3wqA</a>
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: October 23, 2012, 10:16:15 AM »
I dunno if anybody mentioned Safe with Statham.  I real enjoy dat.  The fight scenes were powerful and "Mr. Bohannon" kick some ass too.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: October 23, 2012, 12:39:43 PM »
There's also Iron Sky, about Nazis on the moon.

I just take in Iron Sky. Good kicks.
Closer to Mars Attacks than any serious sci-fi.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Py_IndUbcxc#!" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Py_IndUbcxc#!</a>
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #983 on: October 25, 2012, 12:31:26 AM »
I dunno if anybody mentioned Safe with Statham.  I real enjoy dat.  The fight scenes were powerful and "Mr. Bohannon" kick some ass too.

Just take it in.

Nice action.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: November 01, 2012, 06:09:11 PM »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: November 04, 2012, 03:05:10 PM »
anybody see SkyFall yet ah hearin good things about it...........it only showing in Imax in trini for now, general release is 11th ah tink
I pity the fool....

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: November 05, 2012, 06:17:26 AM »
Wreck-it-Ralph....AY!! stop rollin allyuh eyes

Ah take  mih kid to see it and end up enjoyin it more than him

If yuh is ah ole Games World/Atari/Colecovision junkie....yuh go real enjoy the retro refrences
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: November 05, 2012, 04:06:12 PM »
anybody see SkyFall yet ah hearin good things about it...........it only showing in Imax in trini for now, general release is 11th ah tink

I might go check dat out this weekend... Life of Pi up next after that.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: November 05, 2012, 09:58:20 PM »
Watched Flight over the weekend. Denzel was pisssing meh off with his bad habit....I kept saying this man is a backside!! I get turn off from drinking that day, because of this movie lol

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: November 05, 2012, 10:09:52 PM »
Watched Flight over the weekend. Denzel was pisssing meh off with his bad habit....I kept saying this man is a backside!! I get turn off from drinking that day, because of this movie lol

Read on FB that some boycotting the movie b/c they eh like Denzel character.  Why they didn't boycott "Training Day"?  Jackasses.

1]; } ?>