April 18, 2024, 05:40:44 PM

Author Topic: Post ah movie thread  (Read 276892 times)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Post ah movie thread
« Reply #1020 on: December 25, 2012, 11:36:27 AM »
Men rel giving Django ah hard time. Rel Tabanca thing with Spike Lee.

Jamie go win an Oscar cause black people hatin'

Why Spike giving Jamie thunder?

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #1021 on: December 25, 2012, 11:55:26 AM »
Life of Pi
I don't know if to applaud or steupse.
 ??? ::)

Yeah?  I real psyched to see it. 

Saw it. Good film finish off kinda tame. But all in all good film.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: December 25, 2012, 01:56:41 PM »

Tarantino too liberal with he use of the 'N-word'... in all his movies.  That and folks think slavery shouldn't be treated with in a casual manner. Even Spike Lee's cousin (director of The Best Man and Undercover Brother, and an acquaintance of mine) weigh in to say that he didn't think it was an issue. I dunno I might go see it still.

Saw Hobbit... took moms because she love them LOTR movies, as do I.  I wasn't impressed though, but she loved it.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: December 25, 2012, 03:44:24 PM »
Anyone see "Killer Joe"? 

Really depicts poor white southerners as trashy.. I guess you can call it "whitexploitation"

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: December 26, 2012, 04:43:20 PM »

Tarantino too liberal with he use of the 'N-word'... in all his movies.  That and folks think slavery shouldn't be treated with in a casual manner. Even Spike Lee's cousin (director of The Best Man and Undercover Brother, and an acquaintance of mine) weigh in to say that he didn't think it was an issue. I dunno I might go see it still.

Saw Hobbit... took moms because she love them LOTR movies, as do I.  I wasn't impressed though, but she loved it.

Since last year I gear up to see the Hobbit and up to now me eh even see the cinema door.  >:(
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: December 26, 2012, 09:07:10 PM »

Since last year I gear up to see the Hobbit and up to now me eh even see the cinema door.  >:(

Hobbit was enjoyable, good fix for the LOR fanatics. Obviously they have a sequel planned.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #1026 on: December 27, 2012, 12:31:56 PM »

Hobbit was enjoyable, good fix for the LOR fanatics. Obviously they have a sequel planned.

i thought the hobbit was great, better than fellowship, good film...

django was average imo, i was expecting more from it, tonight im seeing les miserables, should be good

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: December 27, 2012, 12:42:40 PM »
Man with the Iron Fists:

not bad. But heard they left more than two hours of it on the cutting room floor.

Would really like to see the uncut version.

I eh want to spoil it but one moment the black fella getting mannersd, next he is a big fighter with Shaolin skills.

VB

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: December 28, 2012, 04:23:41 PM »
Django - go see it. Some superfluous scenes but overall, enjoyable if you are a Tarantino fan.

The "N" word was liberally sprinkled throughout the movie, but given the context, it worked.

Stay till the very end for a small bonus shot. It comes after the final credits play.

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: December 28, 2012, 11:22:21 PM »
Django - go see it. Some superfluous scenes but overall, enjoyable if you are a Tarantino fan.

The "N" word was liberally sprinkled throughout the movie, but given the context, it worked.

Stay till the very end for a small bonus shot. It comes after the final credits play.

Alright I'll go take it in. Some posters mentioned it was long but I hope it isn't dragging too much.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: December 29, 2012, 09:58:08 AM »

Alright I'll go take it in. Some posters mentioned it was long but I hope it isn't dragging too much.

I think it was close to 2 hrs and 45 min. There were some video shots that lasted several seconds (most shots in modern movies seem to last 3-5 sec before changing to a different camera angle).

The longer the shot, the more the actors need to 'act' as there is a less dependence on editing to fix mistakes.

I thought that Foxx and Waltz did great jobs in many of the scenes that involved the two of them only. I suppose some viewers may find this annoying and 'dragging on' but for me, these shots and scenes highlighted the abilities and Foxx and Waltz.

The more I reflect on the movie, the better it becomes.

Tarantino also had a cameo ... 

SPOILER ALERT

SPOILER ALERT

click and drag from here ...and got blown up with dynamite ... to here

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: December 29, 2012, 01:00:43 PM »
Just found this BBC video review of Django

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-20802041

Tarantino interviewed.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #1032 on: December 29, 2012, 02:58:16 PM »
Just found this BBC video review of Django

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-20802041

Tarantino interviewed.

django was sorf in comparison to true grit when comparing westerns in the last few years and inglorious in comparison to QT's last few flicks

AirMan

« Reply #1033 on: December 31, 2012, 12:06:39 AM »
I understand where Spike Lee is coming from... anyway a lot of people sayin de movie overrated

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #1034 on: December 31, 2012, 01:15:43 PM »
I understand where Spike Lee is coming from... anyway a lot of people sayin de movie overrated

it is overrated, nothing special, didn't have that wow moment.... anyways thats just my opinion, others loved it, some even went to the extent to say its the best movie of the year.

imo, best actor is going to daniel day lewis with lincoln, best film, sadly may go to les miserables another overrated feature, was expecting a lot more frorm that film as well.

still need to check the master with phoenix and the sessions

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: December 31, 2012, 04:46:41 PM »
Caught Les Mis today.

Russell Crowe - not sure why he was chosen to play Javert. His singing was forced.
Anne Hathaway - I enjoyed her performance and the emotions she brought to play.
Samantha Barks as Eponine. She was brilliant, the best singing performance in my view.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: January 01, 2013, 07:27:31 AM »

django was average imo, i was expecting more from it, tonight im seeing les miserables, should be good

first 1/2 hr should have remained on the editing room's floor. A waste of friggin time and a total buzz kill from the start. Jackson tried in vain to capture the audience as he did with the "Ring" trilogy and failed in comparison. The final hour of the movie was not bad, but I do hope things pick up in 2 and 3. I think part of the problem is that there wasn't a likeable character and romance as in Rings.

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: January 01, 2013, 06:57:04 PM »

first 1/2 hr should have remained on the editing room's floor. A waste of friggin time and a total buzz kill from the start. Jackson tried in vain to capture the audience as he did with the "Ring" trilogy and failed in comparison. The final hour of the movie was not bad, but I do hope things pick up in 2 and 3. I think part of the problem is that there wasn't a likeable character and romance as in Rings.

Nah the problem is that they trying to squeeze 3 movies out of a book that was shorter than any of the 3 LOTR books. I sure there will be plenty more filler to come in the other movies.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: January 01, 2013, 07:11:33 PM »
Nah the problem is that they trying to squeeze 3 movies out of a book that was shorter than any of the 3 LOTR books. I sure there will be plenty more filler to come in the other movies.

Up to now I still doh know why Gandalf show up at Bilbo house.  Why him of all Hobbits?  The song and dance shit with the elves coulda been skipped in my book.

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: January 02, 2013, 08:14:50 AM »
Saw Django Unchained last night...
great movie....great soundtrack...exactly what I expected out of a QT movie....maybe that's why people not liking it?  It never felt like dragging on, cuz with QT movies a lot of his scenes involve just plain old banter....since Reservoir Dogs breakfast scene and PF's royale with cheese....gives an opportunity for the audience to understand the mindset of the character based on the opinions and responses in generic conversations....

Foxx and Waltz had great chemistry and Foxx especially did an excellent acting job.  A little disappointed with Samuel L Jackson, didn't play that role too well in my opinion. Thought his acting was sub-par according to what he's done in the past.

Missed the bonus at the end!  Didn't see this thread.  Will have to look online for it.  Excellent movie nonetheless.
whey boy!

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: January 02, 2013, 10:39:02 AM »
great movie....great soundtrack...

Here is the full soundtrack with commentary by Tarantino ...

http://www.unchainedsoundtrack.com/

My favourite was Jim Croce's "I Got a Name".  So unexpected.

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: January 02, 2013, 11:36:43 AM »

Thanks for the link...been listening to the tracks on youtube....this is much easier.
All country music aficionados, whether having seen the movie or not will appreciate the soundtrack....

"I got a name" is a big track....My fav track is the Django theme...couldn't get it out of my head
whey boy!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #1042 on: January 02, 2013, 01:03:43 PM »

i disagree bro, you needed to establish the ranks of the dwarves from the onset, jackson did that, people have not really seen how dwarves interact or communicate with one another, eat drink, it was needed, leaving that out would take away rather than add to the story, back stories are needed for storytelling.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #1043 on: January 02, 2013, 01:11:32 PM »

Up to now I still doh know why Gandalf show up at Bilbo house.  Why him of all Hobbits?  The song and dance shit with the elves coulda been skipped in my book.

you need to be more observant, gandalf referred to a family member of bilbo who he knew personally and who went on adventures and wasn't afraid of a dangerous trek, bilbo's ancestors were fallohides who were close to the elves and were different than all other hobbits, bolder and more adventurous, bilbo isn't an ordinary hobbit

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #1044 on: January 02, 2013, 01:15:04 PM »

Thanks for the link...been listening to the tracks on youtube....this is much easier.
All country music aficionados, whether having seen the movie or not will appreciate the soundtrack....

"I got a name" is a big track....My fav track is the Django theme...couldn't get it out of my head

my father plays his stuff sometimes... good music :beermug:

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #1045 on: January 02, 2013, 01:24:19 PM »

that was the best song by far... class :beermug:

truetrini

« Reply #1046 on: January 02, 2013, 02:30:54 PM »
Gandalf never explicitly said why he had chosen poor Bilbo to join him and the dwarves in their expedition. Being wise and proud he did not like to explain his reasons to anyone.

"Of course there is a mark," said Gandalf. "I put it there myself. For very good reasons. You asked me to find the fourteenth man for your expedition, and I chose Mr. Baggins.

Just let any one say I chose the wrong man or the wrong house and you can stop at thirteen and have all the bad luck you like, or go back to digging coal."

He scrowled so angrily at Gloin that the dwarf huddled back in his chair; and when Bilbo tried to open his mouth to ask a question, he turned and frowned at him and stuck out his bushy eyebrows, till Bilbo shut his mouth tight with a snap. "That's right," said Gandalf. "Lets have no more argument.

I have chosen Mr. Baggins and that ought to be enough for all of you. If I say that he is a Burglar, a Burglar he is. or will be when the time comes.

There is a lot more in him than you guess, and a deal more than he has any idea about himself. You may (possibly) all live to thank me yet. Now Bilbo, my boy, fetch a lamp, and let's have a little light at this."

The Hobbit, An Unexpected Party

truetrini

« Reply #1047 on: January 02, 2013, 03:10:59 PM »
anyway the sound and dance routine was in keeping with the original The Hobbit story by Tolkien

http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~rmanning/homepage/prokudin-gorsky/img0000/lotr.pdf
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 03:15:15 PM by truetrini SC »

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: January 02, 2013, 04:57:45 PM »
Review of Les Mis

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: January 02, 2013, 07:06:27 PM »
you need to be more observant, gandalf referred to a family member of bilbo who he knew personally and who went on adventures and wasn't afraid of a dangerous trek, bilbo's ancestors were fallohides who were close to the elves and were different than all other hobbits, bolder and more adventurous, bilbo isn't an ordinary hobbit

And you clearly are no ordinary jackass... Gandalf never explained why he chose Bilbo.  Saying that he once knew a relative of his is hardly an explanation as to why he chose to put the mark on Bilbo's door.  Now go back and scour the internet and see what other irrelevant drivel yuh could find.

1]; } ?>