March 29, 2024, 07:45:56 AM

Author Topic: Post ah movie thread  (Read 275301 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Post ah movie thread
« Reply #1140 on: June 15, 2013, 10:54:06 PM »
Was real disappointed in Superman... too many holes in the plot.  Logic breaking down all over the place, and I ent even talking about he superpowers... that yuh have to take for granted.

Also saw After Earth and real like it.  I don't think the critics like it too much and don't think it doing well at the box office, but I real like it.  Will Smith came up with a masterpiece that not even M. Night Shymalan could fack up.  Jaden Smith will be an marquee star in a couple years.  He still green in parts but he have superstardom in he future.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: June 17, 2013, 01:26:26 PM »
What were the plot-holes in Supes? I might have been too distracted by Henry Cavill to notice. :)

But I didn't really like Russell Crowe as Jor-El or how they imagined their characters - both her and Lara. And I didn't like the way they made Krypton look - actually, I didn't like very much about the whole Krypton scene(s).

But I did think Cavill did a fine job a Superman and I like the female villain. She was decent.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: June 18, 2013, 10:36:07 AM »
What were the plot-holes in Supes? I might have been too distracted by Henry Cavill to notice. :)

But I didn't really like Russell Crowe as Jor-El or how they imagined their characters - both her and Lara. And I didn't like the way they made Krypton look - actually, I didn't like very much about the whole Krypton scene(s).

But I did think Cavill did a fine job a Superman and I like the female villain. She was decent.

SPOILER ALERT!!

If ah go into too much detail it would spoil it fuh others... but think to how he and Lois became close, she shouldn'a even find out what she find out.  Then he going from having no clue how to fly... to not only flying but levitating (some next level shit) in the same frame.  I too didn't care for the Krypton scenes.  Jor-El was a scientist (Moorish? leh we see if yuh get dat one ;D) ... Zod (as he was all too happy to remind Kal-El) train all he life as a soldier to fight.  But get he ass cut easy by Jor-El and had to resort to some coward move to kill him.  Also Kal-El is de one with de super powers but he let Kevin Costner run back to de truck to get de dog in de middle ah de tornado?  Makes no sense. 

Some of these I guess is more logical inconsistencies that artificially contrive to move the plot along, rather than true "holes", but these were just the ones I remember off the top of mih head.  Overall I thought Cavill was good as an actor and from an action stand point it was good... ah little too much Hancock fuh me in how they was destroying the scenery, but not a big complaint.  My biggest complaint was in the writing... the story sucked.  Why he wearing ah suit and cape by the way?  And de symbol on he chest stand fuh "hope"... what about de other symbols on Jor-El and Zod and dem chest?  Wey dem mean?

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: June 18, 2013, 10:52:57 AM »

SPOILER ALERT!!

If ah go into too much detail it would spoil it fuh others... but think to how he and Lois became close, she shouldn'a even find out what she find out.  Then he going from having no clue how to fly... to not only flying but levitating (some next level shit) in the same frame.  I too didn't care for the Krypton scenes.  Jor-El was a scientist (Moorish? leh we see if yuh get dat one ;D) ... Zod (as he was all too happy to remind Kal-El) train all he life as a soldier to fight.  But get he ass cut easy by Jor-El and had to resort to some coward move to kill him.  Also Kal-El is de one with de super powers but he let Kevin Costner run back to de truck to get de dog in de middle ah de tornado?  Makes no sense. 

Some of these I guess is more logical inconsistencies that artificially contrive to move the plot along, rather than true "holes", but these were just the ones I remember off the top of mih head.  Overall I thought Cavill was good as an actor and from an action stand point it was good... ah little too much Hancock fuh me in how they was destroying the scenery, but not a big complaint.  My biggest complaint was in the writing... the story sucked.  Why he wearing ah suit and cape by the way?  And de symbol on he chest stand fuh "hope"... what about de other symbols on Jor-El and Zod and dem chest?  Wey dem mean?

obvious yuh never watch Super TAS or JLU or Superman Doomsday.........city blocks was gettin clear way normel.... normel..... look up any full length Superman flick from d "Timm-verse"
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 10:54:45 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: June 19, 2013, 05:51:01 PM »

SPOILER ALERT!!

obvious yuh never watch Super TAS or JLU or Superman Doomsday.........city blocks was gettin clear way normel.... normel..... look up any full length Superman flick from d "Timm-verse"

Yeah, Superman is supposed to be able to move "faster than a speeding bullet" he could have saved his father...*thinking back to Smallville - he saved Lana from a tornado in Season 1 and still didn't 'reveal his secret'.*

But I think some of the furore or shock has been around the fact that he actually _____ Zod...
www.westindiantube.com

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #1145 on: June 21, 2013, 04:56:31 AM »

SPOILER ALERT!!

I right there with your first paragraph. The method she used to find CK was dotish. Secondly that have nothing to do with the way Superman meet Lois Lane.

When I see the son let the father go back and that is how he die... I just shake my head.

I try to give them a bligh on how Jor El beat up Zod. I tell myself even a scientist have skills in other areas .. he tough.
But when Zod leggo all dem lyrics how he was predesigned to protect Krypton and trained all he life, the truth is neither Jor El or his son should've been able to handle him.

I understand they take a little literary license now and again like Fishborne as Perry (the Editor) but to have CK just bounce up in the daily Planet and Louis already know who he is....Have some damn respect for the history of the Superman comic.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: June 21, 2013, 11:28:43 AM »
I think they just decide to dispense with the farce that ah pair ah nerd glasses could disguise his appearance.  But she following Clark into de tunnel and he eh hear she?  Worse yet, he eh even think to check and see if anybody follow him?  De scene on the rig was cool though, that one I'll give them.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: June 21, 2013, 12:07:05 PM »
I think they just decide to dispense with the farce that ah pair ah nerd glasses could disguise his appearance.  But she following Clark into de tunnel and he eh hear she?  Worse yet, he eh even think to check and see if anybody follow him?  De scene on the rig was cool though, that one I'll give them.

Well everybody should know who hot reporter CK is in the future because he eh hiding he face at all.

At leastwith Christopher Reeve, they change the hairstyle big time for CK and with a little literary license you could go with it.
My padnah have a geek friend who does look like Eddie Murphy but nobody think he is Eddie Murphy.

At least the battle between the superhumans was one of epic proportions. And meh boy had a superman like physique.

VB

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: June 21, 2013, 08:39:17 PM »
Louis was pissing me off, showing up at every action scene and in no time. The part in the fight scene at the end she left the street and ended up in a building far away in which SM was doing battle. She was just in every damn thing. why did she have to be in the plane at the end too, what was her purpose being there? On a personal note, they could of find a prettier woman to play her role, and a Brunette one too.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: July 06, 2013, 09:20:10 AM »
Just Take in Cloud Atlas.

Beautiful visually, and it will reward repeated viewings with minute details that all mesh together (like use of the colour red in The Sixth Sense) The stories can be a bit hard to follow at first, but they all come together in the end.

The multiple roles by multiple actors is also a little mind-bending, but I'll comment on a few.
1. Jim Broadbent is excellent.
2. I didn't know Hugh Grant could do that.
3. Hugo Weaving really gets his teeth into playing a bastard.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: July 08, 2013, 09:46:03 AM »
took in night watch and day watch - russian fantasy films. decent films based on a book trilogy. it sounds like the 3rd film isn't going to be made; with de sh*t dat getting made nowadays they cyah do much worse than greenlight this one but these production companies seem to have a different set of rules.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #1151 on: July 08, 2013, 03:17:30 PM »
took in night watch and day watch - russian fantasy films. decent films based on a book trilogy. it sounds like the 3rd film isn't going to be made; with de sh*t dat getting made nowadays they cyah do much worse than greenlight this one but these production companies seem to have a different set of rules.

timur is too busy to do a 3rd, he has 6 projects in development...

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #1152 on: July 08, 2013, 03:18:57 PM »

SPOILER ALERT!!

I right there with your first paragraph. The method she used to find CK was dotish. Secondly that have nothing to do with the way Superman meet Lois Lane.

When I see the son let the father go back and that is how he die... I just shake my head.

I try to give them a bligh on how Jor El beat up Zod. I tell myself even a scientist have skills in other areas .. he tough.
But when Zod leggo all dem lyrics how he was predesigned to protect Krypton and trained all he life, the truth is neither Jor El or his son should've been able to handle him.

I understand they take a little literary license now and again like Fishborne as Perry (the Editor) but to have CK just bounce up in the daily Planet and Louis already know who he is....Have some damn respect for the history of the Superman comic.

VB

the 1st and 2nd act was good, the 3rd act fell apart, hence the low ratings from the top critics, i agree with their stance, star trek was better, in fact the best movie ive seen in the last few years is flight and lincoln

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: July 08, 2013, 09:51:00 PM »
Olympus has fallen and White House Down were similar to me.. I think I will go with Olympus has fallen, because of the way they took over the White House. It was much better than the way they did in White House Down.

Lone Ranger was alright, and Johnny Depp* is a fantastic actor

Indespicable Me 2 kids loved those yellow minions and I personally cracked up with the singing scene.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 09:53:23 PM by triniairman »

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: July 11, 2013, 01:46:03 PM »

iz not him, iz fox.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #1155 on: July 12, 2013, 12:26:07 AM »

iz not him, iz fox.

its not fox, its timur, fox would do it on a drop of a dime, Timur is busy, very busy.... no time for a 3rd...

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: July 12, 2013, 01:46:46 PM »
Biggest hit of the summer so far:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/iwsqFR5bh6Q" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/iwsqFR5bh6Q</a>
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: July 12, 2013, 08:01:31 PM »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/iwsqFR5bh6Q" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/iwsqFR5bh6Q</a>
lol its on space channel rite now gonna take it in lol .

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: July 13, 2013, 07:06:46 AM »

lol its on space channel rite now gonna take it in lol .

Lol! Reminds me of this movie that was on Sci-Fi a few times. 

Offline OutsideMan

• Many bad things. *Sips Scotch*
  • Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: July 18, 2013, 08:00:27 PM »
Just Take in Cloud Atlas.

Beautiful visually, and it will reward repeated viewings with minute details that all mesh together (like use of the colour red in The Sixth Sense) The stories can be a bit hard to follow at first, but they all come together in the end.

The multiple roles by multiple actors is also a little mind-bending, but I'll comment on a few.
1. Jim Broadbent is excellent.
2. I didn't know Hugh Grant could do that.
3. Hugo Weaving really gets his teeth into playing a bastard.

Tru' dat...Cloud Atlas was a great movie.
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline OutsideMan

• Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: July 18, 2013, 08:08:51 PM »

SPOILER ALERT!!

I have to agree with you on the plot holes in SM.  Saw the movie a thought the same thing basically. 

Besides the pretty good acting, what was pretty cool though was the small brief visual references to Wayne Enterprises, and Luthor Corp...this was mostly noted during the fight scenes.  So basically they tied-in the whole Superman and Batman 'relationship' in the DC universe, potentially setting up a Justice League movie down the road. 

Another cool thing was that they paid some homage a bit to the old 'Smallville' TV show, by re-introducing the 'Pete Ross' character, who was Clark's best friend in the first 3 seasons on Smallville.  Although they didn't depict Chloe Sullivan (from Smallvile), they actually referenced her family briefly in the earlier part of the movie also.

All in all, despite the obvious holes in the plot, it was a pretty decent re-imagining of the SM franchise, and a much MUCH better offering than the disastarous 'Superman Returns' movie from 2006. 

IMO, 6 out of 10. 
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline OutsideMan

• Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: July 18, 2013, 08:11:25 PM »
Star Trek - Into Darkness was a BOSS movie though --- and one of the few ST movie in which the first offering was great, and the follow-up offering was even better.  They definitely got it right with the last 2 ST movies.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: July 18, 2013, 08:36:03 PM »
Pacific Rim was rel good. Great film that was terribly marketed. Almost didn't go and see it.I especially liked that for once the female lead wasn't one of those over-bearing, 'balls-busting', 'I can do anything better than a man' sort of character.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: July 19, 2013, 07:47:43 AM »
Pacific Rim was rel good. Great film that was terribly marketed. Almost didn't go and see it.I especially liked that for once the female lead wasn't one of those over-bearing, 'balls-busting', 'I can do anything better than a man' sort of character.

I saw your post on FB... about 20 minutes before I saw another friend's post that it was a complete waste of her two hours, or however long the movie was, lol

Offline mal jeux

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: July 19, 2013, 09:13:04 AM »
Star Trek - Into Darkness was a BOSS movie though --- and one of the few ST movie in which the first offering was great, and the follow-up offering was even better.  They definitely got it right with the last 2 ST movies.

with the new reality they have so much more to work with. add advance in technology (fx) and a young and vibrant crew and you have a winning combination. remember that old star trek movies were tv actors who where put in longer version tv shows.
"How many times do I have to flush before you go away?"

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: July 19, 2013, 11:12:25 AM »
Hard work is the key to success

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: July 19, 2013, 03:23:20 PM »

I saw your post on FB... about 20 minutes before I saw another friend's post that it was a complete waste of her two hours, or however long the movie was, lol

That friend has no imagination.  :P
www.westindiantube.com

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: July 19, 2013, 05:51:45 PM »

Toppa just saw it today. Enjoyed it.

VB

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: July 19, 2013, 06:26:23 PM »

Yuh shouldn't need imagination tuh enjoy ah movie :P

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: July 19, 2013, 06:33:41 PM »

Yuh shouldn't need imagination tuh enjoy ah movie :P

-___- Just go and watch it. :)

And yeah VB, it was surprisingly good. :)
www.westindiantube.com

1]; } ?>