April 29, 2024, 11:29:42 AM

Author Topic: Barca Fans: The bright spot on a horrible day  (Read 4624 times)

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Barca Fans: The bright spot on a horrible day
« on: March 03, 2008, 09:09:33 AM »
Barcelona lost 4-2 against Athletico Madrid therefore Real widened the gap back up to 5 points.

Barca's defense was horrible, they had no answer to Aguerro who scored 2 on the night. I doh know what Frank's plan was resting all those players because I don't think that Celtic will be any trouble on Wed in the Nou Camp.

The only bright spot was R10's bicycle kick that was brilliant considering the speed at which the cross came.

video = http://mysoccermedia.com/

Més que un club.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Barca Fans: The bright spot on a horrible day
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 09:11:34 AM »
Ah keep hearing about this goal, heard it was a beauty....!

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 09:17:38 AM »
Thanks Dis,
keep strong Barca
Tell Real we coming ;)
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 09:21:07 AM »

click on the link under the pic it's about the 4th one down

the goal was actually number #1 on ESPN sports countdown this weekend
beating out NCAA basketball and all dem other sh!t

Més que un club.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2008, 09:44:38 AM »
He coming back slowly. He seems to be ejoying his game more and more.....which is good.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2008, 09:48:25 AM »
Thanks Disgruntled.... ah look for it on youtube, but dey take it off because of copyrights!

Yeah meh co workers was telling meh about it being in sum other countdowns also...

Yuh have stern goal from this weekend also  ;D j/k j/k....

Good looking out bredda....

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2008, 09:55:32 AM »

click on the link under the pic it's about the 4th one down

the goal was actually number #1 on ESPN sports countdown this weekend
beating out NCAA basketball and all dem other sh!t

this espn is something else yes...

they showing fabio aurelio goal, and as the ball coming out to him a big stats window pop up at the bottom of the screen blocking him out..  so you never actually see when he kicking the ball, u just see the ball arrowing into the net... steups

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2008, 10:25:19 AM »
Gruntled..doh study it. Breaking down Real lead was always going to be a choppy process. I never get a tief head wid dat 2 points. Just remember it was 9 points not too long ago. So five is good..De only thing that sour meh is Real Madrid first goal was offside by a mile. But say what..Barca get two tief goal to beat Zaragoza a few weeks ago. Cyah complain. Atletico is always a tough team for Barca..At the Nou camp Barca beat them 3-0 earlier this season, so except for the strange 6-0 spanking Barca hit dem last season (on de road to boot), splitting the two games with Atletico is a vast improvement over years past when Barca couldn't beat them home or away. Barca still put out a strong team against Atleti but Rijkaard had to rake a calculated risk with Messi. De youth injury prone and Barca have 4 games in less than 2 weeks that will make or break the season. He absolutely cannot fu** up against Celtic..cuz season done if they mess dat one up. Dey go make Rijkaard walk de plank if dey throw dat away. Also, the only ting Rijkaard hasn't won with Barca is the Copa Del Rey. I feel he taking that Valencia semi 2nd leg real serious. Then you have Villarreal (bogey team #2) at home in La Liga. Cannot afford to drop points at home. Is 4 games back to back that will define Barca season...If I had to rest Messi for one, it would probably be the Atleti game in truth. Not sure why Yaya didn't play

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2008, 11:27:09 AM »
So much talk about Ron's goal but really people should be talking about At Madrid performance as a team and certainly Aguero. What a performance by this young player. Overall I enjoyed the game (though not the result), however, for those who love attacking football. This is a collectors edition.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2008, 02:05:20 PM »
Thanks Dis,
keep strong Barca
Tell Real we coming ;)

Oh s**t WC, ah forget yuh is ah Barca fan 2 yes  :beermug:. Well it doh seem tuh have much of us on dis forum, like how de Man U, Chelsea and Arsenal fans and dem all over. But wid we lil group we cud still make some noise round here man. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2008, 03:37:16 PM »
yeah the defence was ah embarrassment, i swear them men had on fig skins dread

sweet bicycle  kick if u look closely on the replay u can actually see the ball  jus flicking a strand of the defenders hair as the ball jus cleared him
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2008, 03:41:03 PM »
So much talk about Ron's goal but really people should be talking about At Madrid performance as a team and certainly Aguero. What a performance by this young player. Overall I enjoyed the game (though not the result), however, for those who love attacking football. This is a collectors edition.

watch nuh...kun aguero = poison!...dat man do it tuh zambrotta an puyol...wheyyy sa...d argies have it dey hav it

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2008, 11:32:14 PM »
Was it Puyol that Aguero put on de ground for his second?
De man had a great game.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2008, 04:12:03 PM »
Another crappy day

Barca was beaten by a Villareal team that was pure class. Every man in yellow was tops..but I'll give Senna man of the match imo. They tief de man a goal too in the end. Should have been 3-1. Barca hand the league back to Real to 2 games. That 8 point gap is presha.

Hope they can overcome Valencia in the Copa Del Rey to get the season back on track. But Barca looked pretty tame today simply because they were outplayed and outhustled. Whoever said Barca doh need Xavi better check again. Man is on a mission. But no result today. Thuram and Milito get exposed plenty today..especially the Frenchman. Abidal probably had his best game in a Barca shirt.

Oh well. So it goes. Better side won fair and square.

Sempre Barca

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2008, 04:16:19 PM »
 :whistling:
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2008, 04:27:59 PM »
Another crappy day

Barca was beaten by a Villareal team that was pure class. Every man in yellow was tops..but I'll give Senna man of the match imo. They tief de man a goal too in the end. Should have been 3-1. Barca hand the league back to Real to 2 games. That 8 point gap is presha.

Hope they can overcome Valencia in the Copa Del Rey to get the season back on track. But Barca looked pretty tame today simply because they were outplayed and outhustled. Whoever said Barca doh need Xavi better check again. Man is on a mission. But no result today. Thuram and Milito get exposed plenty today..especially the Frenchman. Abidal probably had his best game in a Barca shirt.

Sempre Barca

Come  now my friend Filho you could do better than that. We beat Barca many times before but this was history in the making here ...never before at Camp Nou ! I know you have always valued good foot ball and was oine of the few to agree that Villareal was a good team ....unlike Palos and dem ...wonder what de have to say now ?
Again I would l;ike to remind .... Rijkard has lost the plot and his days are numbered. Maybe Barca should try to get Pellegrini. I keep saying that he is one of the most underrated coaches in spanish football ..not for much longer though.
I really should be ribbing Plaos on another thrtead but too muck wuk to do dese days ...
Go  submarine i

Offline bigwrig

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2008, 04:49:25 PM »
Great weekend I must say. Real win and Barca lose at home.

Next week go be interesting cuz Messi injured and now Iniesta suspended for picking up another yellow today

Offline stillmatic

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2008, 04:57:26 PM »
What is Barca's bright spot today?

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2008, 05:02:02 PM »
henry really hot and cold dread

but milito, this man does dive into tackles and gett beaten very stupidly
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2008, 05:28:22 PM »
ouch ;)
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2008, 05:40:50 PM »
Another crappy day

Sempre Barca

Come  now my friend Filho you could do better than that. We beat Barca many times before but this was history in the making here ...never before at Camp Nou ! I know you have always valued good foot ball and was oine of the few to agree that Villareal was a good team ....unlike Palos and dem ...wonder what de have to say now ?
Again I would l;ike to remind .... Rijkard has lost the plot and his days are numbered. Maybe Barca should try to get Pellegrini. I keep saying that he is one of the most underrated coaches in spanish football ..not for much longer though.
I really should be ribbing Plaos on another thrtead but too muck wuk to do dese days ...
Go  submarine i

seamless performance by the Yellow Submarine. I think Senna made one bad pass all game and he deserved his goal that was wrongly called offside. Thought Barca was going to win it after Xavi equalized...with sheer will and home field advantage. They were looking good for a spell. But the passing and organization of Villareal was class today. Plenty individual skill as well. Pires as a playmaker? Great performance. Matti Fernandes looked great until he got tired. And hats off to Guille Franco. One man soften up Thuram and Milito bad today. Hats off..When Villareal pay like that you have to be a more direct team..and Barca does not play direct football well. Madrid does it when they have to. They know how to dig out wins when they can't outpass you. Barca never seems to know how to switch that gear..

Wouldn't be so hard on Rijkaard. Still in the semis of Copa Del Rey and quarters of the CL. La Liga ent done yet either  ;)

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2008, 05:42:49 PM »

UEFA CL quarter finals

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2008, 06:36:31 PM »

UEFA CL quarter finals

>:(

That was Tuesday.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2008, 06:46:18 PM »

UEFA CL quarter finals

>:(

That was Tuesday.

actually...it's every day until the final whistle blow for the QF 2nd leg :)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2008, 08:06:51 PM »
Another crappy day

Sempre Barca

Go  submarine i

seamless performance by the Yellow Submarine. I think Senna made one bad pass all game and he deserved his goal that was wrongly called offside. Thought Barca was going to win it after Xavi equalized...with sheer will and home field advantage. They were looking good for a spell. But the passing and organization of Villareal was class today. Plenty individual skill as well. Pires as a playmaker? Great performance. Matti Fernandes looked great until he got tired. And hats off to Guille Franco. One man soften up Thuram and Milito bad today. Hats off..When Villareal pay like that you have to be a more direct team..and Barca does not play direct football well. Madrid does it when they have to. They know how to dig out wins when they can't outpass you. Barca never seems to know how to switch that gear..

Wouldn't be so hard on Rijkaard. Still in the semis of Copa Del Rey and quarters of the CL. La Liga ent done yet either  ;)

Filho is Guillerme Franco u say get on?

I always thought that man was one ah de shittiest forwards in europe..

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2008, 08:58:24 PM »
Another crappy day

Sempre Barca

Go  submarine i

Filho is Guillerme Franco u say get on?

I always thought that man was one ah de shittiest forwards in europe..

Never saw him put it all together like he did today. Always showed flashes but today de man started as the lone forward and soften up de Barca back line. Real run hard, hold up de ball nice and good touches. Plus he pelt his frame lil bit and had Thuram and Milito swinging elbows and crying to ref. He got in heir heads and yuh kow dat was his instructions. He could have gotten a red card for a swing at Milito but I don't think the ref wasn't impressed with Milito dropping and clutching his face 10 seconds after the mildest of contacts was made. But the intent was there and some refs mighta eject him. But take a look at the piece of skill he drop for the first goal. Collect a ball and turn Thuram on the top of the box, then turn up Milito and leave him on his ass..beat Valdes and get taken down for a penalty which Senna dispatched...Good game by Franco all round
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 04:22:24 AM by Filho »

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2008, 09:10:52 PM »
Seen...

cause if it wasn't for that fellah Franco, Villareal might have had a Champions league trophy imo..

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2008, 02:35:49 AM »
A man named Franco mash up Barcelona again? :rotfl:

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2008, 04:34:36 AM »
actually i believed is milito get turn up 1st, then abidal then valdez bring him down

i thin the race over now we have to juggle three competitions while madrid have to focus solely on la liga with a nice cushion leagued

my biggest concern is we getting licks in we own house,, "i cant use d phrase u cant come into the lion's den and expect to beat the lion" anymore

and the bright spot is cock teeth back and wearing the arm band too, we need either eto or henry to catch form too
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 05:19:20 AM by freakazoid »

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2008, 05:56:21 AM »
Barca is a mentally weak side. We can't seem to get the results we need. We give up too many points. That Atletico game last week was upsetting to me. We were in total ontrol and just fell asleep. Madrid will take the league again. Thankfully we're still in the CL and Copa del Rey. We haven't faced the toughest sides in the CL so I won't read too much into the fact that we're in the last 8. It's been thoroughly mediocre this season.

1]; } ?>