March 29, 2024, 03:47:41 AM

Author Topic: Ken Elie accepts NE Stars coaching job  (Read 1108 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ken Elie accepts NE Stars coaching job
« on: March 03, 2008, 06:24:59 PM »
Ken Elie accepts NE Stars coaching job       
By Randy Bando...(TTpro League)

Former WASA head coach Kenny Elie has accepted the task of mounting North East Stars with the ‘big guns’ of the TT Pro League and he will begin with the 2008 season.

Elie has signed on a two year contract with the option of another two years as confirmed by NES manager David Farrell on Monday.

“We really targeted Elie as the man for the job and we got him,” said Farrell speaking with ‘ttproleague.com’.

Elie was merely an onlooker during NES screening sessions conducted by Technical Advisor Anthony Rougier during the last week. But on Saturday, for 2006 FA Trophy winning coach accepted the job with the Sangre Grande based Pro League club.

Ironically, Elie’s 2006 FA Trophy win came against North East Stars in the final.

Farrell admitted that his staff had a number of potential coaches to fill the position, but Elie was ahead of the list and that North East Stars are delighted to acquire him.

Delighted to move into the professional arena, Elie is hoping to guide North East Stars back to their glory days of 2004, when they won the League Championship.

“This is a very important step in my career,” said Elie speaking with ‘ttproleague.com’. “It is important for me as well as North East Stars. My first objective will be getting North East Stars to be competitive and to be able to compete with the more experienced clubs on a consistent level.”

Elie said that with the new management structure of North East Stars, success is imminent.

Realistically, Elie says that there is a lot of work to be done with North East Stars just as with national football in general.

“What we need is a consistent high intensity football if we are to become professional. I am of the view that we (Trinidad and Tobago) are in gaps with professional football and much in terms of our culture. What we see as professional football and what we play as professional football are different,” said the former National U-15 coach.

Last season’s head coach, Guyanese James Mc Lean who led NES to the TT Pro League Championship in 2004 will be in charge of Youth Development.

Mc Lean will take charge of the U-18, U-16 and U-14 teams this season. His contract was extended on an annual basis after 2007. Mc Lean will work together with Elie with the Reserves and this was confirmed by Farrel.

“Our reserves will be working closely with the Pro Team,” said Farrell. “And we will want both coaches working with the Reserves because this team will be the closest to our feeder team.”

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
Re: Ken Elie accepts NE Stars coaching job
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 09:30:26 AM »
since jaggy leave them when they beat de warriors for beenie first game this side fall off de map.
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

1]; } ?>