April 16, 2024, 01:11:50 PM

Author Topic: William Gallas a headcase or just passionate?  (Read 7320 times)

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
Re: William Gallas a headcase or just passionate?
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2008, 10:13:08 PM »
Gallas carrying like ah lil biatch..de replay show Clichy play all ball ,shud never be a penalty IMO ,but how de arse he go cry like ah baby for dat ...steuppppsss !!
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2008, 06:59:00 AM »
Gallas carrying like ah lil biatch..de replay show Clichy play all ball ,shud never be a penalty IMO ,but how de arse he go cry like ah baby for dat ...steuppppsss !!

stress gets to you soemtimes maybe, but its hwo he comes back from behaving liek that that makes the difference, i am sure he would have given all to get the points for his teammate eduardo, and to see it given away so cheaply, clichy and flamini dropped concentration and f**ked around with the ball BUT clichy got all ball.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2008, 07:49:52 AM »
Since Gallas used to complain at Chelsea about having to play left back, even though it was clear that the entire defence was virtually impregnable with that formation, I have had serious questions for his character...

He don't strike me as a team player... His antics leading up to his transfer away from Chelsea confirm that..

Furthermore this is not the first time he throw ah tantrum. Used to be so when Chelsea loss too, that led to Mourinho saying, "Some people deal with pain differently to others.. I am not one to cry but doesn't mean that the pain is not the same"

For me, I dont want no captain showing dem traits of instability..

Even if Clichy get ball in that tackle, that don't take away from the fact that he do shit in the first place and cause the penalty. But that is not the time to act out ah whole big hissy fit and run to the next half in front a whole stadium to belittle yuh teammate for a mistake he make.. It have a whole 3rd of the season to play, that was unnecessary.. That is the time to pat him on the back and pick him up off de ground... "You've done fantastic this season mate, but everyone makes mistakes" kinda vibes nuh..

To me, that wouldve shown the measure of the kinda captain he is, but that petulant display show me he is still ah ass..

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2008, 07:58:45 AM »
May be he having problems at home???

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2008, 08:12:39 AM »

i proposed this same theory when thierry left arsenal....

lost champs league final
lost world cup final
injured for most of the season
marriage breaking up (wife got the biggest sport personality divorce settlement)
so for him london carried bad memories and decided to forge on in a new country and league and leave the experiences in UK behind, so emotion off the pitch has an effect

but yes he handled it very badly, but its how he acts from now on that will show you the true test of his mettle and character
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 01:36:30 PM by GunnerStunner »

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2008, 08:38:53 AM »

i proposed this same theory when thierry left arsenal....

lost champs league final
lost world cup final
inured for most of the season
marriage breaking up (wife got the biggest sport settlement)
so for him london carried bad memories and decided to forge on in a new country and league and leave the experiences in UK behind, so emotion off the pitch has an effect

but yes he handled it very badly, but its how he acts from nwo own that will show you the true test of his mettle and character

I thought the same thing of Henry... he would have 1001 excuses but would never take blame for bad performances, especially in the last few days at Arsenal...

Gallas may be  a drama Queen, but which french man don't like to be... so...

One of the reasons I have not like them in the last few years is their lack of fight and their quickness to cry... Individually some of the best, entertaining ballers in the league... but full of excused and heart...

giggsy11

« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2008, 08:45:22 AM »
For all who say that Gallas was showing some passion.

Arsenal team-mates tell William Gallas: Act like our captain
Daily Mirror- Exclusive by John Cross 27/02/2008

(What's this?)William Gallas has been hit by an angry dres sing room backlash from his Arsenal team-mates.

They told the Frenchman his crazy antics after Saturday's game at Birmingham were "not the behaviour of a captain". The Gunners skipper lost the plot after his side suffered a major setback to their Premier League title hopes. Gallas broke down in tears, sulked on the pitch and even went up the other end as Birmingham's James McFadden netted a last minute penalty.

But Mirror Sport can reveal that Gallas carried on his behaviour in the dressing room and had to be calmed down by several senior players, some of whom questioned his leadership at St Andrews.

Gallas did not stop ranting, raving and shouting as he showed signs of cracking up. Gilberto, Mathieu Flamini and Emmanuel Adebayor were among the players to step in and calm down the French defender.

Several other players were upset that Gallas went to the opposite end of the pitch rather than support Arsenal keeper Manuel Almunia as he faced McFadden's penalty.

But Gallas will not face any action from the Arsenal hierarchy. It is believed boss Arsene Wenger is ready to excuse Gallas's antics because they followed the trauma of seeing teammate Eduardo suffer a horrific broken leg after a challenge by Birmingham defender Martin Taylor.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2008, 11:50:44 AM »
Since Gallas used to complain at Chelsea about having to play left back, even though it was clear that the entire defence was virtually impregnable with that formation, I have had serious questions for his character...

He don't strike me as a team player... His antics leading up to his transfer away from Chelsea confirm that..

Furthermore this is not the first time he throw ah tantrum. Used to be so when Chelsea loss too, that led to Mourinho saying, "Some people deal with pain differently to others.. I am not one to cry but doesn't mean that the pain is not the same"

For me, I dont want no captain showing dem traits of instability..

Even if Clichy get ball in that tackle, that don't take away from the fact that he do shit in the first place and cause the penalty. But that is not the time to act out ah whole big hissy fit and run to the next half in front a whole stadium to belittle yuh teammate for a mistake he make.. It have a whole 3rd of the season to play, that was unnecessary.. That is the time to pat him on the back and pick him up off de ground... "You've done fantastic this season mate, but everyone makes mistakes" kinda vibes nuh..
To me, that wouldve shown the measure of the kinda captain he is, but that petulant display show me he is still ah ass..

Ah hope when Man U run past them, these kind of sentiments could be appreciated. Cause in this game of House of which they pay players million of $s you have to be careful not to hurt any of the house mates feelings when they F*#K up big time. So when the kids are put to bed and Daddy (ManU) doing to Mammy (Arsenal) what dady does best at night, Arsenal fans don't complain.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 29, 2008, 04:48:43 PM »
piss orf yuh ent win nutten yet
hold yuh tounge till may

go watch MLS football isntead of being ah glory hunter

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 29, 2008, 05:05:12 PM »
Was Gallas reacting toward Clichy for conceding a penalty or rather toward the fact that Birmingham got a penalty at that late stage?

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 29, 2008, 06:28:09 PM »
peong stop being ah politican ::)

head case
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 29, 2008, 06:52:39 PM »
Arsène Wenger has re-iterated his belief in the "outstanding leadership qualities" of William Gallas.

The Arsenal captain is under the spotlight after last week's game at Birmingham when he watched the home side convert their controversial injury-time penalty from the other end of the pitch.

The 30-year-old was perhaps a surprise choice to take the armband at the start of the season but, according to Wenger, has responded to the responsibility manfully. Though he did not endorse the actions of Gallas at St Andrews, the manager give his compatriot full support.

"Ideally he should not have responded like that," admitted Wenger at his Friday press conference. "But it was not to blame anybody.

"He is a guy who is highly committed and sometimes when he goes overboard he can respond like that. He's an explosive one [and] when he is fed up, he is fed up.

"We'll keep all [discussions about that] internal. We are a team who is the most consistent in the League and, as well, we are a team, because we are young, we don't know exactly how to behave to look really good. However we are, as well, maybe more genuine. I know William is not young but he has the commitment of a very young boy, believe me!

"His leadership qualities for me are outstanding, even if on that occasion he used his commitment in the wrong way. You want people in this job who care.

"What I hate the most in this job are people who are always nicey nice and behave well. But at the end of the day they cheat a little bit with their commitment. I prefer sometimes a guy who goes overboard without hurting anybody who cares about winning. That is William, he cares about winning."

giggsy11

« Reply #42 on: February 29, 2008, 07:22:00 PM »
Arsène Wenger has re-iterated his belief in the "outstanding leadership qualities" of William Gallas.

The Arsenal captain is under the spotlight after last week's game at Birmingham when he watched the home side convert their controversial injury-time penalty from the other end of the pitch.

The 30-year-old was perhaps a surprise choice to take the armband at the start of the season but, according to Wenger, has responded to the responsibility manfully. Though he did not endorse the actions of Gallas at St Andrews, the manager give his compatriot full support.

"Ideally he should not have responded like that," admitted Wenger at his Friday press conference. "But it was not to blame anybody.

"He is a guy who is highly committed and sometimes when he goes overboard he can respond like that. He's an explosive one [and] when he is fed up, he is fed up.

"We'll keep all [discussions about that] internal. We are a team who is the most consistent in the League and, as well, we are a team, because we are young, we don't know exactly how to behave to look really good. However we are, as well, maybe more genuine. I know William is not young but he has the commitment of a very young boy, believe me!

"His leadership qualities for me are outstanding, even if on that occasion he used his commitment in the wrong way. You want people in this job who care.

"What I hate the most in this job are people who are always nicey nice and behave well. But at the end of the day they cheat a little bit with their commitment. I prefer sometimes a guy who goes overboard without hurting anybody who cares about winning. That is William, he cares about winning."

Awwwwh, how sweet.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 29, 2008, 08:13:54 PM »
William Gallas a headcase or just passionfruit?
  :rotfl: :rotfl:

"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 29, 2008, 08:41:28 PM »
Found this on one of the Spurs fansites under "Great Gallas protests"  ;D .

Personally I doubt Gallas would have been cool enough to hang with the A-Team and we all know how Mr. T pities fools!!

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2008, 07:48:41 AM »
GRAY: Arsenal skipper's behaviour disgraceful
by Andy Gray, RivalsDM

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/7857128/'I-would-have-turned-on-Gallas...'

The behaviour of William Gallas on Saturday beggars belief. In all my years in football I don't think I have ever seen a captain behave with such contempt towards his teammates.

A good captain would have been putting his arm around Gael Clichy and assuring him that one mistake didn't matter. Instead we saw him pathetically stood on the half-way line, far away from the action should the penalty have been saved and needed clearing.

If he had been my captain I would turned around and asked him if he was the same player who had been so poor against Manchester United the previous week - that he had no right to give anyone else grief after he had been torn apart by Wayne Rooney the week before. In that game, he was not only rubbish defensively, but petulant and a long way from what a captain should be.

I always wondered about Gallas as a captain - I thought it was an odd choice and a risky decision from Wenger when there has long been question marks about his attitude. Will that decison haunt Arsenal as the pressure is cranked up towards the end of the season?

Wenger may say that Gallas' reactions show that he cares - the likes of Cesc Fabregas, Mathieu Flamini and Emmanuel Adebayor care, but we didn't see them kicking hoardings 50 yards away from their team, did we?

Of course, the players were shaken by what happened to Eduardo but that cannot be used as an excuse in this title race. If anything, they should be using this as inspiration. The last thing he would want is for them to throw away the title.

If it were Manchester United who were three points clear, you would be saying that they had the title in the bag and rightly so. But because this is Arsenal, and they have a team full of players unaccustomed to winning titles, there's a slight niggling doubt.

They have an inexperience in those final few furlongs and we saw evidence of that in the second half on Saturday even before the penalty. There was a little lack of confidence that manifested itself in Emmanuel Adebayor failing to square to Nicklas Bendtner for a goal that would have made it 3-1. You just got the feeling that even with ten men, Birmingham would nibble away at them.

They will be happy with the fixture coming up on Saturday even though Aston Villa are in good form. They are at home, in front of 60,000 fans, on a lovely pitch suited to their passing style. Villa are also a team who are - almost to their detriment at times - not at all combative and will allow the Gunners room to play.

The pressure is certainly on though as Manchester United are at Fulham and you can only really see one winner there, especially with United playing with real verve as they did against Arsenal and then Newcastle.

It's certainly the ideal situation for us neutrals, with United as the hunter and Arsenal as the hunted. I still wouldn't discount Chelsea but their fate may depend on how well the club can cope with this week's problenms. If they can galvanise, they have a chance...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2008, 08:28:00 AM »
Seems like everybody is more worried about what's going on with Gallas than the people who matter the most...his Arsenal team mates.  Kinda funny, like watching a Special Olympics race you don't know if to laugh or hand out lollipops to you kids.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2008, 12:29:57 PM »
GRAY: Arsenal skipper's behaviour disgraceful
by Andy Gray, RivalsDM

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/7857128/'I-would-have-turned-on-Gallas...'

The behaviour of William Gallas on Saturday beggars belief. In all my years in football I don't think I have ever seen a captain behave with such contempt towards his teammates.

A good captain would have been putting his arm around Gael Clichy and assuring him that one mistake didn't matter. Instead we saw him pathetically stood on the half-way line, far away from the action should the penalty have been saved and needed clearing.

If he had been my captain I would turned around and asked him if he was the same player who had been so poor against Manchester United the previous week - that he had no right to give anyone else grief after he had been torn apart by Wayne Rooney the week before. In that game, he was not only rubbish defensively, but petulant and a long way from what a captain should be.

I always wondered about Gallas as a captain - I thought it was an odd choice and a risky decision from Wenger when there has long been question marks about his attitude. Will that decison haunt Arsenal as the pressure is cranked up towards the end of the season?

Wenger may say that Gallas' reactions show that he cares - the likes of Cesc Fabregas, Mathieu Flamini and Emmanuel Adebayor care, but we didn't see them kicking hoardings 50 yards away from their team, did we?

Of course, the players were shaken by what happened to Eduardo but that cannot be used as an excuse in this title race. If anything, they should be using this as inspiration. The last thing he would want is for them to throw away the title.

If it were Manchester United who were three points clear, you would be saying that they had the title in the bag and rightly so. But because this is Arsenal, and they have a team full of players unaccustomed to winning titles, there's a slight niggling doubt.

They have an inexperience in those final few furlongs and we saw evidence of that in the second half on Saturday even before the penalty. There was a little lack of confidence that manifested itself in Emmanuel Adebayor failing to square to Nicklas Bendtner for a goal that would have made it 3-1. You just got the feeling that even with ten men, Birmingham would nibble away at them.

They will be happy with the fixture coming up on Saturday even though Aston Villa are in good form. They are at home, in front of 60,000 fans, on a lovely pitch suited to their passing style. Villa are also a team who are - almost to their detriment at times - not at all combative and will allow the Gunners room to play.

The pressure is certainly on though as Manchester United are at Fulham and you can only really see one winner there, especially with United playing with real verve as they did against Arsenal and then Newcastle.

It's certainly the ideal situation for us neutrals, with United as the hunter and Arsenal as the hunted. I still wouldn't discount Chelsea but their fate may depend on how well the club can cope with this week's problenms. If they can galvanise, they have a chance...

Andy Gray is another arrogant Scottish football know it all the likes of Alan Hansen both are biased to particular teams manu and liverpool respectively

might as well as CNMG's Robert Dumas to that list of UNBIASED sports reporters, who gives the impression he wants to touch him self when talking about manu

1]; } ?>