April 25, 2024, 09:17:31 AM

Author Topic: THE PLACES YOU MUST VISIT BEFORE YOU DIE  (Read 8945 times)

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
THE PLACES YOU MUST VISIT BEFORE YOU DIE
« on: March 05, 2008, 07:02:29 PM »
De wife have to be credited for dis find..... I read it an I just had to post, it doh have much to it but when you look at the places on de list yu jus know dat Trini is some place special and we from dey....

Travel
10 Places You Must Visit Before You Die: Part I
Travel in The Soko
http://www.thesoko.com/thesoko/content.html?name=News&file=article&sid=1294

There are some places you just have to visit in your lifetime! Jenny Ferguson reveals which ones.

How can you boil the world down into ten must see places?  The short answer is you can’t, and the long answer is to read on and find out why these cities made the list; there’s something unique and breathtaking about each one of them. 

Within each city you’ll find highlights of events, attractions, and experiences that make these cities the top 10!  This two-part special will not only delve into of the world’s greatest places, it will also open your eyes to other parts of the world. 

If you’ve seen 5 out of 10 of these places, consider yourself an avid traveler!  If you haven’t done much traveling, chances are one of these stellar locations may be just the place to take your next vacation! 

10)  New York City, USA 

New York is one of those cities you have to visit at least once. Although the Big Apple might not seem like something you’re interested in at first, it's something spectacular. Just think: you've got great shopping, great eats and great people with personality. Drop by the Metropolitan Museum of Art and check out the permanent collection.  My favourite is the Costume Exhibit! Once you’re done at the MET, head down to Times Square.

It’s not all about the main sights either: check out a movie, catch a show, take a walk through the park or admire the scenery. Your trip won’t be complete without a baseball game at Yankee Stadium. But hurry, they’re already building a new Yankee Stadium, set to open in 2009. 

9)  Paris, France

You haven’t lived until you’ve been to Paris! This iconic city of romance is a must. Paris will always be for lovers, with its beautiful palaces and amazing gardens, so make this a must-see with your significant other! The food is spectacular, especially the bread, the wine and the cheese.  It's worth going just to experience the food.

While in Paris you can spend your day sipping hot coffee as you stroll alongside the Seine, or you can walk around the downtown area, taking in the local busy scene and shop in the many little boutiques. 

The Louvre will always be my favorite museum; it used to be a luxurious residence for the royals! Notre Dame is another of Paris’ gems; go there at night to see it light up the Seine. But let’s not forget that Eiffel Tower, which will never cease to amaze!

8)  Cairo, Egypt 

Cairo, the most popular city in Africa, is unique. Egypt has been home to the Pharaohs, the Romans, conquered by Islam and briefly by the French. Situated near the infamous Nile river, Cairo has become the place in history where entire civilizations were born. If that doesn’t make a place special, I’m not sure what does!

The first thing which comes to everyone's mind when Egypt is mentioned are the Pyramids, which are not to be missed. Hit them up old school with a camel ride. Explore Khan El-Khalili, Cairo’s fantastic bazaar: from tea, to carpets to anything imaginable, can be found among the shops. Practice your haggling skills; you’re going to need them! 

7)  St. Petersburg, Russia

Peter the Great’s infamous city was built on a series of islands, sort of like Venice, so it’s a marvel to see.  Plenty of old history lives in St. Petersburg: from the numerous palaces to the Aurora, a ship which has come to symbolize the October Revolution.  And in St. Petersburg you can admire the twilight all night long, due to the “white nights” effect.  It’s perfect for a romantic stroll, or for admiring the beauty of the city at that fleeting time of day.   Here in Canada, we only get a few minutes of this marvel! 

Catch this twilight experience from May to July.  Like Paris’ Louvre, the Hermitage is not to be missed.  Their permanent collection is enormous and features some of Europe’s greatest pieces of art.  While you’re there, don’t forget to take in the rooms, and halls themselves; this once was the winter home for Russia’s ruling family! 

6) Trinidad and Tobago

A small set of islands in the southern Caribbean sparkles as the home of limbo and calypso. With a long history of slavery the population of Trinidad and Tobago is culturally diverse with African, European, Indian, Middle Eastern and Chinese cultures having left a significant mark on the country. 

Check out Carnival for a great expression of Creole culture: from food to dance, you’ll find it all here the week before Lent. Make sure you enjoy the country’s calypso music and I dare you to try to limbo! With a beautiful warm climate and a great vibe, Trinidad and Tobago make the top 10!

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
Re: 10 Places You Must Visit Before You Die: Part I - Travel in The Soko
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 07:37:06 PM »
you forget the rest:

5)  Fiji

A country of 322 islands, Fiji is one of the greatest exotic honeymoon spots in the world.  But you don’t have to be a honeymooner to experience Fiji’s beaches, rainforests, coral reefs, and everything else it has to offer. Be sure to treat yourself to some locally grown fruit, as it doesn’t taste any sweeter or fresher anywhere else!

Beqa Lagoon is not to be missed because the barrier reef provides fish in every colour; you can’t help but be mesmerized. Try snorkeling or Scuba diving to see the underwater sights, or visit Horseshoe Bay Beach, which has been called “one of the finest beaches in Fiji” by expert Patricia Schultz, author of 1,000 Places To See Before You Die.

If you love gardens, Taveuni Island, nicknamed the Garden Island is the place to be to see how volcanic soil has invigorated the local flora and fauna.

4)  Morocco

Even if you only go to Morocco to eat, you will leave a happy traveler! Due to Morocco’s long history and the influence of outside civilizations, Morocco is a lovely blend of all sorts of spices, cultures and religions. Be sure to try the couscous.

If you haven’t seen Casablanca, the Moroccan city is a must-see! While exploring one of the world’s largest artificial ports, be sure to take in the Hassan II Mosque. Half of the mosque is actually build over the sea; there’s a glass floor for worshipers who want to pray over the ocean!

If you’re up for it, arrange a trek into the world’s largest desert, the Sahara, to experience Morocco’s best.

3) Alaska, Anchorage and Beyond!

The cold shouldn't keep you from seeing Alaska. The beauty of the landscape is a strong draw. Mount McKinley, and the surrounding Denali National Park should be among every tourist’s must-see Alaskan sights. A two-hour drive north of Anchorage puts you among the six million acres of wildlife reserve.  Just imagine all the Alaskan wonders you’ll see on the tundra.

For another Alaskan cultural experience, check out the Iditarod, a dog-sled race across the country, starting in Anchorage, which takes place in early March. If you’re interested, you can bid for a spot on one of the sleds to experience the rush of the first 11 miles!

2)  Brazil’s Rio de Janeiro

With the nickname “The Marvelous City,” there’s little doubt why Rio de Janeiro makes the list! Clear, turquoise water, white, sandy beaches and a great tourist friendly atmosphere will never make you want to leave. Check out Ipanema Beach for great surfing and even better sunsets!

Be sure to plan your trip to coincide with Carnival to experience Rio at its best.  With the world’s largest Carnival celebrations you’ll find great food, spectacular samba music and the marvelous spirit of Rio! Put some time aside to visit Corcovado, the mountain gracefully looking over the city; a 38-meter statue of Jesus overlooks the entire city and it is prominently featured, no matter where you are!

1) Tokyo, Japan

At the top of the list, we find, mega-metropolis Tokyo. With a population of about 12 million people, the “Eastern Capital” is really a city that never sleeps. You have to be an early riser to catch the action at the world’s largest wholesale fish market; activity in the market all but ceases by 11 a.m.. Be sure to catch the auction starting at 5 a.m., which is perfect for jet-lagged tourists.

Later on in the day, visit the Imperial Palace, home of the Emperor and his family, for a glimpse of lush gardens and beautiful buildings. Don’t miss Mount Fuji.  Although not in Tokyo, it can be seen on a clear day! Take some extra time to visit the extraordinary sight  If you’re brave, take a hike and join the few who have conquered the mountain!

Bonus:  Your Home Town as an Adult

This might seem a little odd in a list of places you must visit before you die, but it's always important to go back to your roots. Living in a city, town, or mega-metropolis is a completely different concept than exploring it as a tourist. Chances are, you've never played the tourist in your hometown. What is your city known for? Narrow a list down to the top five.

Visit old favourites: the city zoo, the best Thai restaurant in town or the city's famous monuments. And be sure to see something new.  If you've never been to that old drive-in theater downtown, it's time to go see a movie. Explore how your hometown has changed from your youth.

So now that you know the places to go, it’s time to get going! Talk to a local travel agent, or do some more research online and start planning a must-see adventure. Bon voyage!

for the religioius people Israel and / or mecca might be on the list... ;)

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 07:44:42 PM »
ah went to 4 places on that list

trutrini i bet yuh make that whole list twice.
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

truetrini

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 08:21:44 PM »
Boy Morvant, been to cairo Luxor in egypt, been to casablanca and Marrakesh in Morrocco, been to Fiji, it rain straight for 9 days lol  and I was dey fuh 9 days.  That was tears.  straits of mallacca  we patrol dey fuh 4 months.  dey doh like we at all yuh know.  lol
been to T&T..hahahahaha  west pac nice too bad ent?

Been to Alaska twice.

Been to Japan, visited tokyo but more tme in Okinawa.  seen paris, and NY never been to Rio doh....:)  but ah have plans

« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 08:28:46 PM by truetrini »

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008, 01:03:19 AM »
you forget the rest:

5)  Fiji

A country of 322 islands, Fiji is one of the greatest exotic honeymoon spots in the world.  But you don’t have to be a honeymooner to experience Fiji’s beaches, rainforests, coral reefs, and everything else it has to offer. Be sure to treat yourself to some locally grown fruit, as it doesn’t taste any sweeter or fresher anywhere else!

Beqa Lagoon is not to be missed because the barrier reef provides fish in every colour; you can’t help but be mesmerized. Try snorkeling or Scuba diving to see the underwater sights, or visit Horseshoe Bay Beach, which has been called “one of the finest beaches in Fiji” by expert Patricia Schultz, author of 1,000 Places To See Before You Die.

If you love gardens, Taveuni Island, nicknamed the Garden Island is the place to be to see how volcanic soil has invigorated the local flora and fauna.

4)  Morocco

Even if you only go to Morocco to eat, you will leave a happy traveler! Due to Morocco’s long history and the influence of outside civilizations, Morocco is a lovely blend of all sorts of spices, cultures and religions. Be sure to try the couscous.

If you haven’t seen Casablanca, the Moroccan city is a must-see! While exploring one of the world’s largest artificial ports, be sure to take in the Hassan II Mosque. Half of the mosque is actually build over the sea; there’s a glass floor for worshipers who want to pray over the ocean!

If you’re up for it, arrange a trek into the world’s largest desert, the Sahara, to experience Morocco’s best.

3) Alaska, Anchorage and Beyond!

The cold shouldn't keep you from seeing Alaska. The beauty of the landscape is a strong draw. Mount McKinley, and the surrounding Denali National Park should be among every tourist’s must-see Alaskan sights. A two-hour drive north of Anchorage puts you among the six million acres of wildlife reserve.  Just imagine all the Alaskan wonders you’ll see on the tundra.

For another Alaskan cultural experience, check out the Iditarod, a dog-sled race across the country, starting in Anchorage, which takes place in early March. If you’re interested, you can bid for a spot on one of the sleds to experience the rush of the first 11 miles!

2)  Brazil’s Rio de Janeiro

With the nickname “The Marvelous City,” there’s little doubt why Rio de Janeiro makes the list! Clear, turquoise water, white, sandy beaches and a great tourist friendly atmosphere will never make you want to leave. Check out Ipanema Beach for great surfing and even better sunsets!

Be sure to plan your trip to coincide with Carnival to experience Rio at its best.  With the world’s largest Carnival celebrations you’ll find great food, spectacular samba music and the marvelous spirit of Rio! Put some time aside to visit Corcovado, the mountain gracefully looking over the city; a 38-meter statue of Jesus overlooks the entire city and it is prominently featured, no matter where you are!

1) Tokyo, Japan

At the top of the list, we find, mega-metropolis Tokyo. With a population of about 12 million people, the “Eastern Capital” is really a city that never sleeps. You have to be an early riser to catch the action at the world’s largest wholesale fish market; activity in the market all but ceases by 11 a.m.. Be sure to catch the auction starting at 5 a.m., which is perfect for jet-lagged tourists.

Later on in the day, visit the Imperial Palace, home of the Emperor and his family, for a glimpse of lush gardens and beautiful buildings. Don’t miss Mount Fuji.  Although not in Tokyo, it can be seen on a clear day! Take some extra time to visit the extraordinary sight  If you’re brave, take a hike and join the few who have conquered the mountain!

Bonus:  Your Home Town as an Adult

This might seem a little odd in a list of places you must visit before you die, but it's always important to go back to your roots. Living in a city, town, or mega-metropolis is a completely different concept than exploring it as a tourist. Chances are, you've never played the tourist in your hometown. What is your city known for? Narrow a list down to the top five.

Visit old favourites: the city zoo, the best Thai restaurant in town or the city's famous monuments. And be sure to see something new.  If you've never been to that old drive-in theater downtown, it's time to go see a movie. Explore how your hometown has changed from your youth.

So now that you know the places to go, it’s time to get going! Talk to a local travel agent, or do some more research online and start planning a must-see adventure. Bon voyage!

for the religioius people Israel and / or mecca might be on the list... ;)

Thanks man I actually didn't go to the other page because I jus stop at TNT :beermug: :beermug: :devil: :devil:

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2008, 03:45:20 AM »

Been only to NY, Paris and TT from that list, almost end up working in Anchorage this year.

But been to Istanbul for 2 days recently and it is a marvel, apparently in the grand mosque which is like a museum there is the head of John the Baptist.

Need to go back and really do the tourist thing will have to ask VB for advice.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2008, 03:53:25 AM »

Been only to NY, Paris and TT from that list, almost end up working in Anchorage this year.

But been to Istanbul for 2 days recently and it is a marvel, apparently in the grand mosque which is like a museum there is the head of John the Baptist.

I have only been to NY and TNT.  I going to make it my business to take my wife to all dem places, but before dat I have to hit up all dem small islands and check dem out......Nuff travelling go pass, I go be brokes by de end  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2008, 05:53:37 AM »

I have only been to NY and TNT.  I going to make it my business to take my wife to all dem places, but before dat I have to hit up all dem small islands and check dem out......Nuff travelling go pass, I go be brokes by de end  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

Small island travel get rell expensive now, yuh should compare costs to going on the continents as compared to the small islands you might be surprised.

The hardest thing for me with travel (apart from the cost) is the hassle with visas.
For Turkey trinis doh need visa, when ah went there the american and brit ah was travelling with had to buy visas on arrival when ah tell them I doh need one they bet mih ah bottle of scotch, guess who get drunk ? ;D ;D :beermug:
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2008, 09:21:44 AM »

LOL nice one, yeah I was hearing de prices but I have to see.  Does it have ah website we could check for prices?

Small island travel get rell expensive now, yuh should compare costs to going on the continents as compared to the small islands you might be surprised.

The hardest thing for me with travel (apart from the cost) is the hassle with visas.
For Turkey trinis doh need visa, when ah went there the american and brit ah was travelling with had to buy visas on arrival when ah tell them I doh need one they bet mih ah bottle of scotch, guess who get drunk ? ;D ;D :beermug:

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2008, 02:06:54 PM »

I call yuh three and I raise yuh 4  ;D TT, TOKOYO, NY and  Alaska

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2008, 02:11:51 PM »
Boy Morvant, been to cairo Luxor in egypt, been to casablanca and Marrakesh in Morrocco, been to Fiji, it rain straight for 9 days lol  and I was dey fuh 9 days.  That was tears.  straits of mallacca  we patrol dey fuh 4 months.  dey doh like we at all yuh know.  lol

Been to Alaska twice.

Been to Japan, visited tokyo but more tme in Okinawa.  seen paris, and NY never been to Rio doh....:)  but ah have plans

Just to comment on yuh West Pac talk, it nice but them blasted people like to take us mostly to Asia. This year I heading to some Ports, like  Australia not sure where in Aus tho, Bahrain, Dubai, Japan, Thailand, Singapore, Hong Kong, Hawaii, that's all I heard so far.

truetrini

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2008, 02:43:34 PM »

Been to Alaska twice.

Just to comment on yuh West Pac talk, it nice but them blasted people like to take us mostly to Asia. This year I heading to some Ports, like  Australia not sure where in Aus tho, Bahrain, Dubai, Japan, Thailand, Singapore, Hong Kong, Hawaii, that's all I heard so far.
so yuh is ah mad man or what?  dem is some boss places yuh going..enjoy Hong Kong and Thailand and Signapore..I was dey too...real nice...yuh go play yuhself.  ;)

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2008, 02:47:54 PM »

Been to Alaska twice.

you on drugs and obviously doh know how sweet australia is. thailand nice but it hard to differenciate between men and women. japan besss. hawaii is a waste tho

truetrini

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2008, 02:50:46 PM »

Been to Alaska twice.

you on drugs and obviously doh know how sweet australia is. thailand nice but it hard to differenciate between men and women. japan besss. hawaii is a waste tho

like yuh bull ah man dey boy?  hahaha oh gardo, I know ah fella name Howard who do dat, he was on board and in my section too...oh garod..ah hope yuh crop ah feel fuss.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2008, 03:40:13 PM »

Been to Alaska twice.

like yuh bull ah man dey boy?  hahaha oh gardo, I know ah fella name Howard who do dat, he was on board and in my section too...oh garod..ah hope yuh crop ah feel fuss.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: just to clear something up, I not saying them ports not nice, I been there before, I just tired going there. On another note when I was in Thailand in 2006, Meh breddrin get catch with one ah dem shemales and he did not know till we tell him it was ah man  :rotfl: :rotfl: talk bout kicks we get on that man, he wanted to fight we after.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2008, 03:59:04 PM »
aj jamaican feller dance with one whole night and everybody did know and didnt tell him nuttin :rotfl: :rotfl:

truetrini

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2008, 06:33:00 PM »
aj jamaican feller dance with one whole night and everybody did know and didnt tell him nuttin :rotfl: :rotfl:

meh aprdner Howard did vomit, he kiss de ting up whole night, ah talking deep tongue dragging/sucking eh, de man say she/he/it had ah fire hydrant in its draws...ah nearly dead.

de man ahd de balls tuh tell we de story oui. :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2008, 07:07:54 PM »
Why yuh say Hawaii is ah waste? I find out dey cool, unless yuh talking about ah specific island.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2008, 07:11:15 PM »
Why yuh say Hawaii is ah waste? I find out dey cool, unless yuh talking about ah specific island.
maybe is the highly built up areas you should keep away from and stick to the less busy islands
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2008, 07:18:57 PM »

i talkin strickly from a military perspective. to me it not exciting enough.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2008, 03:20:10 PM »

Na boy! I have to disagree with yuh there, when I was in Hawaii, I had rell fun, I hit some nice clean beaches and Ah club, the greatest was I was out beyond meh Liberty time and bounce up meh chief in the club, at first I get frightened but then the man start calling drinks, he tell meh doh worry, he will tell the Divo he authorised over night Liberty for meh ;D. Also Hawaii have rell Shemales too, so be careful.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2008, 04:10:57 PM »

Na boy! I have to disagree with yuh there, when I was in Hawaii, I had rell fun, I hit some nice clean beaches and Ah club, the greatest was I was out beyond meh Liberty time and bounce up meh chief in the club, at first I get frightened but then the man start calling drinks, he tell meh doh worry, he will tell the Divo he authorised over night Liberty for meh ;D. Also Hawaii have rell Shemales too, so be careful.

need i say more

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2008, 05:38:16 PM »
Number 1 on this list of places to visit should be a World Cup in which your country is playing in..

I doh think it gets much better than that.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2008, 08:26:02 PM »
Thanks 2 d SW saw Paris and on my 3rd trip 2 d US I did d NY tingy
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2008, 09:03:00 AM »
Florianopolis- Brazil...a hidden gem.

Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2008, 09:15:44 AM »
Nou Camp

Més que un club.

Offline mal jeux

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
THE PLACES YOU MUST VISIT BEFORE YOU DIE
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2008, 05:28:18 AM »
Saw this on Yahoo Travel this morning.

Which one of our destinations has been home to the Romans, conquered by Islam and later by the French?

The world is a big place. Many cultures have lived and left their mark on every edge of this planet. Some people can go their entire life without leaving their home country, or even their home city. Imagine all the places they haven't experienced? Travel, I would argue, is the spice of life. Things are just a little bland without it. So spice it up and see some of the greatest places on Earth along the way!

How can you boil the world down into a few must-see places? The short answer is you can't, and the long answer is to read on and find out why these cities made the list; there's something unique and breathtaking about each one of them.

Within each city you'll find highlights of events, attractions, and experiences that make these cities the top 10! This two-part special will not only delve into of the world's greatest places, it will also open your eyes to other parts of the world.

If you've seen 5 out of 10 of these places, consider yourself an avid traveler! If you haven't done much traveling, chances are one of these stellar locations may be just the place to take your next vacation!

New York City, America
New York is one of those cities you have to visit at least once. Although the Big Apple might not seem like something you're interested in at first, it's something spectacular. Just think: you've got great shopping, great eats and great people with personality. Drop by the Metropolitan Museum of Art and check out the permanent collection. My favourite is the Costume Institute Exhibit! Once you're done at the MET, head down to Times Square.

It's not all about the main sights either: check out a movie, catch a show, take a walk through the park or admire the scenery. Your trip won't be complete without a baseball game at Yankee Stadium. But hurry, they're already building a new Yankee Stadium, set to open in 2009.

Paris, France
You haven't lived until you've been to Paris! This iconic city of romance is a must. Paris will always be for lovers, with its beautiful palaces and amazing gardens, so make this a must-see with your significant other! The food is spectacular, especially the bread, the wine and the cheese. It's worth going just to experience the food.

While in Paris you can spend your day sipping hot coffee as you stroll alongside the Seine, or you can walk around the downtown area, taking in the local busy scene and shop in the many little boutiques.

The Louvre will always be my favourite museum; it used to be a luxurious residence for the royals! Notre Dame is another of Paris' gems; go there at night to see it light up the Seine. But let's not forget that Eiffel Tower, which will never cease to amaze!

Cairo, Egypt
Cairo, the most popular city in Africa, is unique. Egypt has been home to the Pharaohs, the Romans, conquered by Islam and briefly by the French. Situated near the infamous Nile river, Cairo has become the place in history where entire civilizations were born. If that doesn't make a place special, I'm not sure what does!

The first thing which comes to everyone's mind when Egypt is mentioned are the Pyramids, which are not to be missed. Hit them up old school with a camel ride. Explore Khan El-Khalili, Cairo's fantastic bazaar: from tea, to carpets to anything imaginable, can be found among the shops. Practice your haggling skills; you're going to need them!

St. Petersburg, Russia
Peter the Great's infamous city was built on a series of islands, sort of like Venice, so it's a marvel to see. Plenty of old history lives in St. Petersburg: from the numerous palaces to the Aurora, a ship which has come to symbolize the October Revolution. And in St. Petersburg you can admire the twilight all night long, due to the "white nights" effect. It's perfect for a romantic stroll, or for admiring the beauty of the city at that fleeting time of day. Here in Canada, we only get a few minutes of this marvel!

Catch this twilight experience from May to July. Like Paris' Louvre, the Hermitage is not to be missed. Their permanent collection is enormous and features some of Europe's greatest pieces of art. While you're there, don't forget to take in the rooms, and halls themselves; this once was the winter home for Russia's ruling family!

Trinidad and Tobago
A small set of islands in the southern Caribbean sparkles as the home of limbo and calypso. With a long history of slavery the population of Trinidad and Tobago is culturally diverse with African, European, Indian, Middle Eastern and Chinese cultures having left a significant mark on the country.

Check out Carnival for a great expression of Creole culture: from food to dance, you'll find it all here the week before Lent. Make sure you enjoy the country's calypso music and I dare you to try to limbo! With a beautiful warm climate and a great vibe, Trinidad and Tobago make the top 10!

See the world!
The world is filled with wonderful sights: cities, buildings and experiences which cannot be missed. Each place on the list has something to make it a cultural icon. It's time to start planning your trip! Will it be New York City, the great metropolis? Or does your personal style gravitate more toward Egyptian art and haggling in bazaars? Either way, you won't be disappointed with any of the places on this list.

Source: http://ca.travel.yahoo.com/guides/Other/432/the-places-you-must-visit-before-you-die?p=2
"How many times do I have to flush before you go away?"

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
Re: THE PLACES YOU MUST VISIT BEFORE YOU DIE
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2008, 08:46:50 AM »
ah cyar see mehself in gay parie.always said i'll visit egypt though.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2008, 04:03:52 PM »
Hawaii
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2008, 04:19:48 PM »
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

1]; } ?>