April 19, 2024, 12:48:13 AM

Author Topic: N.Y. Times Story  (Read 971 times)

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
N.Y. Times Story
« on: March 10, 2008, 06:53:50 AM »

Subject: Fwd: N.Y. Times?

A man is walking by by the zoo when he sees a little girl leaning into the lion's cage. Suddenly, the lion grabs her by the cuff of her jacket and tries to pull her inside to devour her right in front the little  girl's screaming parents.

The man runs to the cage, hits the lion square on the nose with  a powerful punch. Whimpering from the pain the lion jumps back letting go   
of the girl, and the man brings her to her terrified parents, who thank him endlessly.

A reporter has seen the whole scene, and addressing the man, says: "Sir, this was the most gallant and brave thing I saw a man do in my   
whole life."

"Why, it was nothing," said the biker, "really, the lion was behind bars and I knew God would protect me just as He did Daniel in the   
lions den long, long ago.  I just saw this little kid in danger, and acted  as I felt was right."

"I noticed a bible in your pocket." said the journalist.

"Yes, I'm a Christian and was on my way to a bible study" the man replies.

"Well, I'll make sure this won't go unnoticed. I'm a journalist,  you know, and tomorrow papers will have this in first page."

The journalist leaves. The following morning the man buys the paper to see if it indeed brings news of his actions, and reads, on first
page:

'Right Wing Christian Fundamentalist Assaults African Immigrant and Steals His lunch.'
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

1]; } ?>