April 26, 2024, 02:25:51 AM

Author Topic: Cox fails to make good impression  (Read 1350 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Cox fails to make good impression
« on: March 10, 2008, 07:28:49 AM »
Cox fails to make good impression
By Alec Peachey (Kent Messenger)

GILLINGHAM defender Ian Cox failed to impress during his first game back since January in Saturday's 4-0 defeat at Hartlepool.

Cox returned to the side after Garry Richards was handed a three-match suspension following his sending-off against Brighton on Tuesday.

Gills manager Mark Stimson said: “I don’t think he had the best of games. With all his experience and know-how of the levels he’s played at, I think he would probably admit he’s not had his best game.

“I think he could have done a hell of a lot better with the second goal. The third goal caused me a bit of concern. Unfortunately he’s not picked up the man who scored the header.

“It’s hard to pick on Ian because he’s just come back into the team and people will think I’m picking on one of the old boys. I’m not picking on him at all because he’s been a good pro.

“It’s just whether we’re on the same lines and we want the same things sometimes. That concerns me.”
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Cox fails to make good impression
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 12:37:09 PM »
keep going Cox
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Cox Leaves Gills
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 11:25:18 PM »
Gills swoop to bring in Ba
teamtalk.com

Gillingham have signed Ivorian striker Georges Ba until the end of the season, pending international clearance.

The 29-year-old, who was a free agent after being released from Israeli side Maccabi Netanya, will have six games with the Gills as they face a battle to avoid relegation from League One.

Meanwhile, defender Ian Cox has left the club by mutual consent in order to find regular first-team football.

The Trinidad and Tobago international made 169 appearances for the Kent outfit but has found opportunities limited behind Danny Cullip, Simon King and Garry Richards.

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2008, 03:46:12 AM »
Sad news at Priestfield.

Coxy was a favourite who was 100% Gillingham and gave sterling service.

Maybe he was slowing down, but his passion was without question.

Coxy is a true gentleman, a loving family man who always had time for us supporters.

He was a model professional and a great club captain, rarely getting involved in dissent towards referrees.

His leaving the club is just part of the crumbling ediface that has become Gillingham F.C.  Since the new manager, Mark Stimpson, has arrived, he has systematically dismantled the remainder of the Championship side and seems to be shaping the team for League 2 or even conference football.

So far we've seen the likes of Steve Lomas, Duncan Jupp and Craig Armstrong paid off and Efe Sodje & Delroy Facey sent on loan.

Half way through a season, he decided to completely rebuild the team which has led to the awful decline in league status.

There is no longer any heart in the club, and this shows in performances.

I expect to see Aaron Brown, Nicky Southall, Kelvin Jack and Gary Mulligan all depart the club in the close season.

The only positives are that loanees Danny Cullip and Kevin Maher seem to have brought along some passion and new signings Miller and Nutter look promising.

It is a bizarre situation when you recognise more of the opposition that your own team, as was the case yesterday vs Carlisle!!

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2008, 08:54:01 AM »
Season ent done yet and Cox gone, Sam gone, Norville left.

Who next? Boucaud? Johnson? Birchall?

Good luck to Cox to find a new contract/club at this stage of his career. Might have to drop a division
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2008, 11:36:39 AM »
Adios
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2008, 09:29:46 AM »
Birchall probably leaving soon. Imagine Coventry release about 8 players and he still cah make the bench...
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

1]; } ?>