March 28, 2024, 08:16:48 PM

Author Topic: Arsenal vs Wigan  (Read 2804 times)

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
Arsenal vs Wigan
« on: March 09, 2008, 12:00:58 PM »
0-0 at the end. All the commentators blaming the pitch (which was real poor) for Arsenal performance. But watching the game fatigue seem to be more of a factor. Hleb look real bun and same with Fabragas, Clichy, Flamini & Adebayor. Wigan was all blood and guts, long time I eh see a team so happy to draw, they deserved it.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Reaper2004

• Warrior Nation Enforcer
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Arsenal vs Wigan
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 12:04:27 PM »
This really is a weekend to remember WHEYZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 12:07:33 PM »
Wigan was all blood and guts, long time I eh see a team so happy to draw, they deserved it.

you mean not since june 10th 2006? ;D
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2008, 12:14:57 PM »
What's up with all those pitches in a mess? Like the grounds staff fatigue too. The pitch was horrible. All the same though, if you're a big player you have to adjust.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Reaper2004

• Warrior Nation Enforcer
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2008, 12:16:13 PM »
Wigan was all blood and guts, long time I eh see a team so happy to draw, they deserved it.

you mean not since june 10th 2006? ;D

PWNED!!!!!!!!!!! WELL SAID MIDKNIGHT!!!

giggsy11

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2008, 12:20:43 PM »
What's up with all those pitches in a mess? Like the grounds staff fatigue too. The pitch was horrible. All the same though, if you're a big player you have to adjust.

Nah, dey commentator said dey does play rugby every week on dey pitch! Ah could see how it take away from Arsenal passing game, plus Arsenal hah some lightweight players like Hleb and Farbergas so dat couldn't ah been easy on dey legs. Oh yeah, Bentdner is a shitsnake! Wigan give as good as dey get and deserve dat point.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2008, 12:57:33 PM »
Arsenal just give us the trophy   :devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2008, 01:13:58 PM »

Nah, dey commentator said dey does play rugby every week on dey pitch! Ah could see how it take away from Arsenal passing game, plus Arsenal hah some lightweight players like Hleb and Farbergas so dat couldn't ah been easy on dey legs. Oh yeah, Bentdner is a shitsnake! Wigan give as good as dey get and deserve dat point.

Wigan is a Rugby league town, football is secondary and nothing tears up a pitch quite like rubgy.

I expected the pitch to be a talking point but the result is down more to the Arse being off their game today....of course you'll never hear that from whiny Wenger.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 03:35:59 PM by PantherX »

giggsy11

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2008, 01:31:23 PM »

Ah glad dis weekend over boy, the only good ting come out of it is the Gooners drop points. United jus upset mey wit all the shit dey play yesterday. All dem players need tuh shut it about winnin this and dat and jus focus on playin smart and good football. Back tuh the league. Ah done.

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2008, 01:51:39 PM »
like is only this week Wigan became a rugby town? everybody does go there and play on that same pitch. tis' the same pitch Arsenal beat them on last 3 years. somehow, is only today "pitch" comin into question.... ah wonder why  ???
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2008, 02:16:55 PM »

Ah glad dis weekend over boy, the only good ting come out of it is the Gooners drop points. United jus upset mey wit all the shit dey play yesterday. All dem players need tuh shut it about winnin this and dat and jus focus on playin smart and good football. Back tuh the league. Ah done.

the ref good rob we too
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2008, 02:39:51 PM »
like is only this week Wigan became a rugby town? everybody does go there and play on that same pitch. tis' the same pitch Arsenal beat them on last 3 years. somehow, is only today "pitch" comin into question.... ah wonder why  ???

Apparently you didn't see the game.

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2008, 03:19:26 PM »

Apparently you didn't see the game.

watched it from beginning to end  :)
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2008, 06:27:02 PM »

Well you see more dan me...I missed the first 20 mins, but that field was horrible.  Look like they herded cattle on it right before kickoff.  Their touches were off the entire game, and for a team that is reliant on the short passing game that was a major hurdle to overcome.  Wigan is not only used to the pitch, but also their game is more kick and chase.  Seems like you're insinuating that Arsenal were making excuses for what was a poor performance...but to me poor performance aside, that field was like Wembley following the NFL game in October.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2008, 06:39:30 PM »

Well you see more dan me...I missed the first 20 mins, but that field was horrible.  Look like they herded cattle on it right before kickoff.  Their touches were off the entire game, and for a team that is reliant on the short passing game that was a major hurdle to overcome.  Wigan is not only used to the pitch, but also their game is more kick and chase.  Seems like you're insinuating that Arsenal were making excuses for what was a poor performance...but to me poor performance aside, that field was like Wembley following the NFL game in October.

Or the Oval after Soca Monarch ;D
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2008, 06:44:16 PM »
so we should play our home games in the world cup qualifers on 1 ah them secondary sch grounds then
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2008, 07:41:47 PM »

lol...ent!

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2008, 09:35:10 PM »

lol...ent!

I agree that pitch was bad... but you see what West Brom play on today... was like a patch out in Couva or Tableland.... make that Debe UTD ground  ;D

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2008, 10:30:03 PM »

I agree that pitch was bad... but you see what West Brom play on today... was like a patch out in Couva or Tableland.... make that Debe UTD ground  ;D

Dem Championship side and dem used tuh playing in cow pasture...dem doh count, lol.

When last yuh see West Brom play pretty knock ball ;D

Yuh see de goal dah fella score in de box?  One ah de FSC studio crew say he dribble juss like dey teach yuh to in practice wid de cones...next man chip een "that's exactlyt what those defenders looked like...practice cones"  :rotfl:

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2008, 11:11:59 AM »

:rotfl: good one!
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Small Change

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2008, 12:37:23 PM »
From beating a "star studded" AC Milan to drawing to a lowly Wigan Athlectic. In this sport, u are as good as your last game and it's eleven v eleven at all times. But, with the talent that Arsenal have, they should have beaten Wigan easily. Look at the possesion Arsenal had; they controlled the game with their passing. Poor result. They would regret these results with Birmingham and now Wigan the end of the season when Man U takes the title.............

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2008, 02:29:12 PM »
From beating a "star studded" AC Milan to drawing to a lowly Wigan Athlectic. In this sport, u are as good as your last game and it's eleven v eleven at all times. But, with the talent that Arsenal have, they should have beaten Wigan easily. Look at the possesion Arsenal had; they controlled the game with their passing. Poor result. They would regret these results with Birmingham and now Wigan the end of the season when Man U takes the title.............

everyoen seems to forget Kirkland hand a brilliant game between the sticks! its not like arsenal didn't make chances kirkland kept them out

1]; } ?>