March 29, 2024, 03:11:57 AM

Author Topic: Julius James Thread  (Read 24013 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: San Antonio Scorpions add Julius James to roster
« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2014, 07:56:09 AM »
WATCH Julius James score a header which seals a 2-0 win for San Antonio Scorpions over Indy Eleven and keeps them at the top of the North American Soccer League.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ba0SWpUjT_A?start=50" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ba0SWpUjT_A?start=50</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 11, 2014, 02:13:57 AM »
Dahis some rash tackling???! Is that physicality representative of the NASL generally?

The number in attendance looked pretty good.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 11, 2014, 06:30:00 AM »
I swear that game could end up be ah 7 a side game. Some dfence force  tackles. Julius got the ball, but his studs were showing.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 11, 2014, 06:31:48 AM »
I swear that game could end up be ah 7 a side game. Some dfence force  tackles. Julius got the ball, but his studs were showing.

That is James' third red card fuh de year.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 11, 2014, 08:15:06 AM »
That game got intense, the ref had his work cut out for him lol

Typically the games are physical but it looked like some bad blood between those teams or something happened during the game that ignited that.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 16, 2014, 07:47:14 PM »

Julius James holds the NASL Championship trophy as the San Antonio Scorpions celebrate after defeating Ft. Lauderdale Strikers, 2-1, at Toyota Field, San Antonio, Texas on Saturday, November 15th, 2014.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 16, 2014, 07:49:50 PM »
Congrats!!!!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #67 on: November 17, 2014, 05:17:15 AM »
Trevin Caesar is there too.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 17, 2014, 05:42:13 AM »
Congrats!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 17, 2014, 07:52:47 AM »
Congrats!

Ditto! Success is to be applauded.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 17, 2014, 07:53:33 PM »
BraveHart take note. You are known to be a good observer.
Time for a Julius James call up as another option for central defense
The top 6 for the central defense pairing should, for now I believe , be from:

Bateau, Mitchell, Marshall, Power, Julius, Radanfah.
Note, I am still calling Cyrus a wing back where he makes the MOST impact.
Same for Primus if he ever gets back in the game for us.
Once we get the defense right and the stray strikers reintegrated, then we go be ready for Gold Cup.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 08:06:41 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Julius James breaks his leg
« Reply #71 on: July 12, 2015, 12:14:03 PM »
Defender Julius James broke both bones in his lower right leg in a game against the Tampa Bay Rowdies last night, and will be out the remainder of the season. He has since had surgery done on the injury, and it was reported as being successful. Now he begins the process of recovery. Let’s wish him well!

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 12, 2015, 03:20:33 PM »
Terrible for anybody, much less a pro athlete.
Good luck with the recovery.

http://www.sascorpions.com/news/2015/07/11/scorpions-beat-league-leading-tampa-bay-3-0
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 03:27:03 PM by Peong »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 12, 2015, 03:26:48 PM »
Good and speedy recovery, Julius.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 12, 2015, 03:53:42 PM »
May you recover well and soon. Don't let it win, Julius. Surround yourself with people who love you. You'll be back
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 12, 2015, 04:07:37 PM »
Speedy recovery Julius. Come back stronger than before!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 28, 2015, 04:13:31 PM »
Less than three months after breaking both bones in his lower right leg, defender Julius James has returned to the gym. WATCH him doing some light running on the treadmill.
https://instagram.com/p/8MJZTOKqsM/

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Julius James signs contract with Fort Lauderdale Strikers
« Reply #77 on: January 27, 2016, 02:16:13 PM »
Julius James signs contract with Fort Lauderdale Strikers
strikers.com

Ft. Lauderdale Strikers’ Julius James on the ball during a Florida Cup match against Independiente Santa Fe at Lockhart Stadium, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida on Sunday, January 17th 2016. PHOTO: Rosa Cavalcanti

The Fort Lauderdale Strikers today announced the signing of Trinidad and Tobago national team defender Julius James. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.

James, 31, signs with the Strikers after impressing in the 2016 Florida Cup. He started and played 90 minutes at center back in both matches against FC Schalke 04 and Independiente Santa Fe. He also featured against Corinthians and FC Shakhtar Donetsk.

“We are delighted to sign an experienced defender like Julius,” said Head Coach and General Manager Caio Zanardi. “He has made tremendous progress to overcome injury and is an example for many of the younger guys in the locker room.”

In 2014, James was an active member of the San Antonio Scorpions defense that set a modern NASL record for fewest goals allowed, conceding just 24 times during the regular season. He started the NASL Championship Final against the Strikers, claiming the Soccer Bowl trophy for the Scorpions in a 2-1 victory.

James has represented Trinidad and Tobago’s national team more than a dozen times after earning his first cap against Guyana in September 2008.

Following a college career at the University of Connecticut, James was drafted by Major League Soccer (MLS) side Toronto FC in 2008 as the 9th overall pick. In Toronto, James played alongside current Strikers teammate Nana Attakora.

For the next five seasons, James played with three other MLS teams, the Houston Dynamo, D.C. United and the Columbus Crew, before signing with the Carolina RailHawks in 2013.

James holds a U.S. green card and does not count against the foreign player limit.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 03:26:55 PM by Tallman »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Julius James signs contract with Fort Lauderdale Strikers
« Reply #78 on: January 31, 2016, 09:24:37 PM »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 31, 2016, 09:43:26 PM »
Congrats, Julius! :applause: :applause: :applause:

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 16, 2016, 07:09:11 PM »
WATCH: One on One with Fort Lauderdale Strikers’ Julius James

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 16, 2016, 07:34:41 PM »
So wait nah, he does rub shoulders with Ronaldo?
Sweet gig

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Julius James is back in the game
« Reply #82 on: April 14, 2016, 12:36:10 PM »
Julius James is back in the game
By Jack Bell (NASL.com
)

The soccer world inhabited by Julius James was turned upside down last July when the veteran defender from Trinidad and Tobago broke his leg in two places in a match against Tampa Bay only days after his 31st birthday.

“Less than a year ago I had a crazy injury,” James told NASL.com. “Now I have the opportunity to continue to play.”

The rest of his season was spent doing color commentary for San Antonio home game telecasts. He was cleared by doctors to begin training toward the end of November, spent time with his family and worked out with some local clubs in Trinidad, and also obtained his USSF B coaching license after a grueling course. With little desire to hang up his cleats, James said he reached out to several NASL clubs. Then his agent called. Fort Lauderdale was interested.

“The opportunity came early because they started training in early January with the Florida Cup,” James said. “With me not playing in six months I wanted to get my feet wet and I had a chance to get a contract before any other team came forward. This is a team that went to the semifinals (and reached the final in 2014) the last two years. South Florida is close to Trinidad. I was going to play against some big teams in the Florida Cup and then go to China for two weeks. It seemed like a pretty good start for someone who had a double fracture.”

After opening the 2016 Spring Season with a 1-1 draw against expansion Miami then having last week off, the Strikers return to action when they visit Minnesota United on Saturday night. In his first NASL match since last July, James saw 45 minutes of action against Miami FC In the game’s 11th minute, he has whistled for a trip on Ariel Martínez in the penalty area, leading to Dario Cvitanich’s successful spot kick that goes down as the first goal in Miami FC history.

All in all, it was a noteworthy Strikers debut in which he confessed to an anxious approach to the match.

“It still feels good,” James said. “I didn’t tell anyone that I was so nervous before the game. The [preseason] games were good prep, but it’s not the same as playing a league game. I was really excited but really nervous. Honestly, it was very emotional when you realize that less than a year ago I had the injury and now I have the opportunity to continue to play. I’m glad I got the butterflies out. Sometimes I replay it [the injury] in my mind and I cringe. But you have to go there and you have to be brave and let your love for the sport be your guide.

“For me, everything is exciting. I’m seeing things with fresh eyes. I’m just a grateful man.”

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 14, 2016, 04:46:13 PM »
That Ariel Martinez JJ took down is the player who defected from Cuba at the Gold Cup. I now realise I saw the end of that game.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Julius James Thread
« Reply #84 on: July 15, 2016, 01:01:13 AM »
Julius says faith in God has him playing again.
By Shaun Fuentes (Guardian).

T&T defender Julius James is publicly thanking God for what he describes as a remarkable return to football following an injury last year which threatened to end his playing career.

James broke his leg in two places while playing for San Antonio Scorpions against Tampa Bay Rowdies last July and was sidelined for several months as he tried to make a recovery. Once better, James, though still unable to return to playing, did some commentary for San Antonio’s home games and completed the USSF B coaching license. But he was desperate to return to the game and finally got the chance with Fort Lauderdale Strikers in the North American Soccer League (NASL) in January, almost six months after the injury.

“The comeback since my last injury was extremely difficult, from learning to walk properly to dealing with the pain everyday I stepped on the field, but that is what has made it so much sweeter,” James said.

“I could have never done it without my faith in God. I can't reiterate how much God has helped me through and I want to publicly thank and praise Him for giving me another chance to play the sport I love,” James revealed.

He explained: “Football and life is full of trials. I've learnt that they are meant to give us strength and to give us appreciation for what we have. That being said, I am truly full of appreciation and most importantly praise. Football is now sweeter than ever. I learnt more from my failures, I enjoy victories like they are the last ones I may experience, but what has become most apparent to me is that my relationship with God is above it all.”

James’ team defeated MLS side Orlando City in the US Open Cup last month making them the only Division Two team to advance to the quarter-finals alongside MLS teams New England Revolution, Philadelphia Union, Houston Dynamo LA Galaxy, FC Dallas. James has played for T&T at the Under 17, Under 20 and Senior level.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 24, 2016, 07:31:55 AM »
We need some reinforcements in defence and James is at ice, fit and consistent
 He should be given a call up.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 25, 2016, 08:56:45 AM »
We need some reinforcements in defence and James is at ice, fit and consistent
 He should be given a call up.

Much about his temperament, work ethic and personality is reminiscent of dog.  Great player to have around the locker room fuh sure

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 23, 2017, 10:53:29 AM »
Ah see Julius running out with Central FC now.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 08, 2017, 08:58:53 PM »
Julius is currently on trial with Trevin Caesar's club, Sacramento Republic FC

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 09, 2017, 09:32:17 AM »
Good luck pardna! I would really love to see you back in central defense for T&T.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

1]; } ?>