April 18, 2024, 09:17:35 PM

Author Topic: Julius James Thread  (Read 24161 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Julius James Thread
« Reply #90 on: March 09, 2017, 09:39:11 AM »
So he skip T&T to go on trial?

Not saying he shouldn't go but ah wonder what was de reason for him not getting pick by Lawrence because he was very good in de pro league.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Sacramento Republic FC add more MLS experience, sign defender Julius James
« Reply #91 on: March 16, 2017, 07:00:48 PM »
Sacramento Republic FC add more MLS experience, sign defender Julius James
By Eddie Ralph (sacrepublicfc.com)

Sacramento Republic FC have agreed to a contract with Julius James for the 2017 USL season, pending league and federation approval. James played the last four seasons in the NASL, winning the Soccer Bowl in 2014 with the San Antonio Scorpions.

“Julius brings us a great amount of experience,” said Republic FC Head Coach and Technical Director Paul Buckle. “He has a strong voice and an opinion and he is not afraid of casting that opinion on the game and that is what we want. It will take him a little while to settle in, but he will bring vast experience and a lot of know-how to the back four.”

James played in 95 career MLS matches over five seasons. The defender was originally drafted 9th overall in the 2008 MLS SuperDraft by Toronto FC.  James played with Toronto, Houston Dynamo, D.C. United and Columbus Crew in his MLS career before moving to the NASL in 2013.  He played with North Carolina FC (then the Carolina Railhawks), San Antonio Scorpions and in 2016 with the Fort Lauderdale Strikers.  James helped the Scorpions win the 2014 Soccer Bowl. James made 68 NASL appearances in his four seasons in the league.

The defender has also featured for the Trinidad and Tobago Men’s National Team.  James earned his first cap against Guyana on Sept. 3, 2008 and has since made 15 other appearances with his National Team. James is one of four Republic FC players to have capped with their national teams, joining Trevin Caesar (Trinidad and Tobago), Emrah Klimenta (Montenegro) and Jeremy Hall (Puerto Rico).

Republic FC will return to action on Saturday, Mar. 18 when they travel to San Francisco to take on the San Francisco Deltas in their final road friendly of the preseason.  Kickoff is 7 p.m. at Kezar Stadium. Republic FC will return to Papa Murphy’s Park on Wednesday, Mar. 22 when they take on the San Jose Earthquakes.  Kickoff is 7:30 p.m.  Tickets are available at Ticketmaster.com.

Sacramento Republic FC will kick off their 2017 season on April 1 vs. Orange County SC. Season Ticket packages are now available and start as low as $317.75 for 19 matches and include tickets to preseason friendlies such as San Jose Earthquakes (Mar. 22). Season Ticket Holders will also receive priority seating in an MLS stadium. To learn more, view maps and secure seats visit SacRepublicFC.com or call (916) 307-6100.

Julius James
Position: Defender
Height: 6-0
Weight: 170
Born: 7/9/1984
Birthplace: Maloney Gardens, Trinidad
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 21, 2018, 06:13:17 AM »
Julius James joins National Premier Soccer League club, Atlantic City FC.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Julius James solidifies FC Motown’s defense
« Reply #93 on: July 26, 2018, 01:00:53 PM »
THE MISSING PIECE: Julius James solidifies FC Motown’s defense
By Michael Lewis (FrontRowSoccer.com)

He might not have made the NPSL Northeast Region XI, but Julius James is an all-star and then some to FC Motown head coach Sacir Hot.

The former Trinidad & Tobago international has helped shore up the team’s defense this National Premier Soccer League season.

“Julius has been a missing piece of Motown in the past years,” Hot said Thursday. “In the last two or three years I have been coach of FC Motown, we were never known for having a solid defense. We were known for scoring a lot of goals. If you look at some of our results in the Garden State League and all of the tournaments that we played, it’s always been a 6-4 or something.”

Entering Saturday’s Northeast Region final against Cosmos B at Commisso Stadium Saturday at 7:30 p.m., FC Motown (11-1-1) has conceded only seven league goals.

“So, having Julius on our team brings us that leadership in the back. He kind of jells the team. He’s outspoken. He has a voice. He’s a branch of me as the coach. Whatever the game plan is, he makes sure the defense executes it and follows and stays on in that direction. I think that he has been phenomenal for me. I am super happy with him. It’s great having Julius in the back.”

James, who turned 34 has been playing in the United States, having been a MAC Hermann Trophy finalist for the University of Connecticut in 2007. He has played in five American soccer leagues and for 11 teams.

His resume includes the Westchester Flames (Premier Development League), Toronto FC, Houston Dynamo, D.C. United and Columbus Crew (all Major League Soccer), Minnesota Thunder, Carolina RailHawks, San Antonio Scorpions and Fort Lauderdale Strikers (all North American Soccer League) and Sacramento Republic (United Soccer League).

Hot called James a “great find.” The T&T native reached out to midfielder Dilly Duka, with whom he was a teammate on Columbus about joining the team.

“It’s like the [Bastian] Schweinsteiger effect,” Hot said of the standout German midfielder. “He goes to Chicago and now people from Europe are calling him, asking him how Chicago is. Now they want to come to MLS. Or the Beckham effect if you want to say. When Dilly comes a lot of people perk up their ears. They want to know what’s going on. Julius didn’t have a team. He asked him about our club and Dilly gave him the sales pitch and he came over, saw what we were about and loved it.

“He loves our culture, our environment. He loves North Jersey. He loves the area. I think he wants to end up staying over here.”

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Julius James sets example on and off the pitch for FC Motown
« Reply #94 on: August 02, 2018, 09:29:56 PM »
Julius James sets example on and off the pitch for FC Motown
NPSL Media

At 33 years old, FC Motown defender Julius James has found a leadership role, a love for philanthropy, and yet another big stage.

As FC Motown prepares to take on Miami FC 2 in the 2018 NPSL National Championship on August 4, James found himself reflecting on how he got to Morristown. It was something as simple as catching up with an old friend and teammate, FC Motown midfielder Dilly Duka.

“Dilly and I had went to lunch and we were talking about each of our teams and playing in the NPSL and just catching up on life and stuff,” James said. “I was just blessed to be able to call Dilly up and ask him to talk to the owners for me.”

James fit in seamlessly in Morristown after signing. Head Coach Sacir Hot has referred to the veteran as the missing piece of the staunch Motown defense that marched through the NPSL regular season and playoffs.

“His ability to lead our defense is one of the main reasons why we have made such a deep run into the playoffs,” Hot said. “He’s a vocal leader that plays with passion, organizes the team and puts his body on the line. He’s a last of a dying breed at the center back position.”

James brings MLS and U-17 World Cup experience to the table at FC Motown. After his collegiate years at UConn, James admitted that transitioning to the professional game was difficult. That quickly changed.

He learned how to be professionally fit for longer seasons while with Vancouver Whitecaps FC. In Houston with the Dynamo, he learned the importance of talking and communicating with teammates on the pitch. The game is now played more in his mind than physically. He thinks a few steps ahead and works to guide younger teammates.

James may have been on his biggest stage way back in 2001. He was on the pitch against international powers with Trinidad & Tobago at the U-17 World Cup in 2001, before he made his way to the United States and through many levels of the country’s soccer structure.

“I think my life, my play in soccer from when I started has been my greatest accomplishment,” James said. “My greatest accomplishment is still being built. It’s still going on. I am not sure where my life would have been if I didn’t start playing soccer.”

While back in Trinidad training for a short time recently, James and some of his countrymen decided that they could do better with their time. Many of them, including James are from areas that weren’t easy to grow up in. They established the Can Bou Play Foundation in May, which will involve mentoring and education programs at dozens of schools, children’s homes and soccer academies along with creating education programs with an emphasis on sports and the stories of local soccer players.

James is grateful to God for the blessings and opportunities that he’s been given. He enjoys giving back not only in his home country, but wherever he goes. FC Motown has partnered with James in ventures like collecting gently-used cleats and other soccer gear, as well as interacting with youth in the community.

“To be around the kids that might not have the opportunity to pay money to play soccer, for example,” James said. “We try to get into the orphanages and we’re trying to get into the differently-abled places and schools where we could just spend time and give back in an intangible way. That makes me really happy. That’s something that I’m grateful that this sport has allowed me to do.”

For James, he’s found a balance between life on and off the pitch. His next task will be winning an NPSL National Championship for FC Motown, a club that has gone all in with him, just as he has throughout his career on and off the field.

“It’s going to be a battle,” James said. “All the games that we’ve played up until now have been battles for us. We are expecting nothing less from Miami.”

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Julius James joins Inter Miami staff as Academy Coach
« Reply #95 on: August 16, 2019, 01:59:20 PM »
Julius James joins Inter Miami staff as Academy Coach
Can Bou Play Foundation Media

The Can Bou Play Foundation is elated to announce that founder Julius James has joined David Beckham’s new MLS team, Inter Miami CF as an academy coach.

Born and bred in Maloney, the rugged defender has made the United States his home for the past decade and a half and will now call Miami his new base of operates after accepting the position at the MLS expansion franchise.

​“I am extremely excited to join such an international brand and I know that this is a blessing from God,” James told Can Bou Play Media.

​“Promotion cometh not from the east, nor west, but from God. No good thing would He withhold from those who love God.”

​James spent the last eighteen months at NPSL outfit Motown FC before signing on to join MLS’ newest club.

As a brand new organization, Inter Miami CF is being built from the ground up and will make their long awaited MLS debut in 2020. They have already signed Argentine youth international duo Matias Pelligrini and Julian Carranza and Venezuela Under-20 captain Christian Makoun as their first ever players.

​Also no stranger to the MLS, James spent many years representing the likes of Toronto FC, DC United, Houston Dynamo and Columbus Crew. He was also a member of the T&T National Under-17 team that hosted the 2001 FIFA Under-17 World Cup and has notched up sixteen caps for the senior national team.

​This long, accomplished career, coupled with a catalogue of coaching badges and a keen aptitude for developing that coaching trade since his university days, has proven to be stepping stones towards his new role at Inter Miami according to James.

​“This opportunity came through a chain of events that only God could have planned and made come through.”

“It all started way back when, when I was now leaving St Anthony’s. The same person who was instrumental in me coming to the US on scholarship back then, is the same person who is sporting director at Inter Miami now. That’s Paul McDonough.“

​“He has always been a mentor to me and I reached out to him recently to get his advice on some things as I’m transitioning more into coaching and life after playing and it just so happened that he also had this opportunity at the same time."

The former national defender views this new opportunity as a bonus to Can Bou Play in the long run. The Foundation is centered on using football as a tool to promote positive change through inclusion, education and mentorship and as such, James believes that he is blessed to be associated with two organizations of similar philosophies.

​“For Can Bou Play (CBP) it’s extremely significant because as we the founding fathers grow in our personal careers, so will the organization.”

​“Part of the mission statement at Inter Miami CF is to provide opportunity for the people of South Florida to pursue their dreams and realize their potential across all aspects of their lives. We will embrace and strive to lead the futbol with humility, passion, innovation, and inclusivity.“

​“Seems to me that IMCF’s mission statement aligns with CBP’s and it’s really blessed and refreshing to have all that positivity around me personally. Through my own personal growth, I can lend greater experience to CBP.”

​“We want to reach to a point where CBP grows by itself, where our members, the kids that we mentored and the communities we go in to, start planting back and giving back in to where they came from.“

​“Our blessings are not supposed to stop at us. They are to flow through us, to others.”

​James also made it clear that he has not formally retired from playing but his role at Inter Miami and his responsibilities as social development director at Can Bou Play will take precedence for the immediate future.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 28, 2021, 09:36:25 AM »
T&T’s Julius James named to Inter Miami CF Special Olympic Unified team staff
By Nigel Simon (T&T Guardian)

Former T&T FIFA Under-17 World Cup player and senior national team defender Julius James was appointed to the coaching staff of the David Beckham-owned Inter Miami CF Special Olympics Unified Team on Tuesday.

It was announced by the club in collaboration with Special Olympics, MLS WORKS, and ESPN that the Inter Miami CF Special Olympics Unified team will be led by coaches Daniel Cartaya, Director, OPA Works and a Founding member at Our Pride Academy, a non-profit 501(c)3 school for kids with developmental disabilities Pre-K through to adult, and current Inter Miami CF Academy coach and former MLS and James.

Reached for comment, James said he was absolutely honoured to be named head coach of the Inter Miami CF Special Olympics Unified Athlete Team.

Speaking with Guardian Media Sports from Atlanta where the team played a match on Wednesday, James commenting on his new role within the club said they started actually two years ago before the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic hit and halted things.

He said, "The Special Olympics Unified Athlete Program started with Inter Miami started two years and we had games set with other MLS clubs and about 60 athletes and Special Olympians show up for trials and we even had interview with coaches, but then the pandemic hit.

"So we were unable to go forward with our plans but Atlanta United invited us for a game earlier this year and we decided that we will just come together really quickly and go forward with our plans.

“So everything just worked out and aligned really perfectly for us to make something grand."

Going forward James said the most important thing the club wants to do is be part of the community.

“Inter Miami just started three years ago and having a relationship with the community is very big for us, so the main thing is not only to compete and to give a high level of competition for the Special Olympians and Unified athletes but the goal is to also have a strong community presence.

“Right now there are no plans in terms of Olympics or anything like that but we are starting to be in contact with more teams so that possibly in the feature a league could take place giving the athletes more games, but our main goal is to bring awareness and to have everyone understand that Special Olympians are like everybody else.”

Before moving to the USA, the Maloney-born 37-year-old James who now resides in Fort Lauderdale enjoyed standout college careers first on home soil at St Anthony’s College whom he led to multiple Secondary Schools Football League (SSFL) North Zone and National Inter-Col and League crowns following a transfer from St James Secondary.

Upon leaving the St Anthony’s “Westmooring Tigers”, James earned an athletic scholarship to the University of Connecticut where he was a Hermann Trophy candidate and Lowe’s Senior Class Award finalist before being drafted ninth overall by Toronto FC in 2008.

He then plied his trade with Houston Dynamo (2009), Minnesota Thunder (2009), DC United (2009-2010), Columbus Crew (2011-2012), Carolina Railhawks (2013), San Antonio Scorpions (2014-2015), Fort Lauderdale Strikers (2016), Sacramento Republic (2017) and ending his professional career with FC Motown in 2018/2019 season.

James, who was a founding member of Can Bou Play Foundation and an Agricultural & Resource Economics major at Uconn, played for one professional club in T&T, Central FC for whom he featured twice in 2017

​James and the rest of the coaching staff will be in charge of 11 Special Olympic athletes with intellectual and developmental disabilities.

The players signed their contracts in September alongside Chief Soccer Officer and Sporting Director Chris Henderson and conducted multiple training sessions at the Inter Miami CF Training Center ahead of their inaugural match against the Atlanta United FC Special Olympics Unified team at Mercedes-Benz Stadium.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 14, 2021, 11:15:50 AM »
Well done Mr. James
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

1]; } ?>