April 28, 2024, 09:32:24 PM

Author Topic: Windies Squad Named... No Ganga???  (Read 1522 times)

TrinInfinite

Windies Squad Named... No Ganga???
« on: March 11, 2008, 09:20:27 AM »
Well the selectors finally doing something right, however Benn shouldnt be there over Mohammed, Devon Smith shouldnt be there over Ganga and Powell shouldnt be there atall, I think dwayne smith should have replaced him.... I think the selectors made a tactical error in leaving out mohammed, ganga and dwayne smith... That would be the best 15 ever assembled in God knows how long...

Hopefully for Australia they can get it right for once.... Benn is nowhere near a spinner as jaggy and if hes picked over jaggy, I must say its racism on the part of the selectors....

Benn, Jaggernauth earn Windies call-ups

Tue, Mar 11, '08

Team Selection Spinners Sulieman Benn and Amit Jaggernauth have earned call-ups to the West Indies senior team for the first Test match against Sri Lanka.

Benn, a left-arm orthodox spinner who has taken 22 wickets (21.31 per) in this year's Carib Beer Cup first-class tournament; and Jaggernauth, a right-arm off spinner (23 wickets at 16.26) are the only newcomers in the squad picked to play at Providence in Guyana from March 22-26.

The 15-man squad also sees the return of left-arm all-rounder Ryan Hinds.

Marlon Samuels, who is currently under a cloud of allegations surrounding match-fixing, also secured a place in the squad.

There are three openers -- captain Chris Gayle, Sewnarine Chattergoon and Devon Smith -- and four fast bowlers in Pedro Collins, Jerome Taylor, Darren Powell and Fidel Edwards.

Brenton Parchment and Runako Morton, two batsmen who toured Zimbabwe and South Africa recently, have been dropped.

Full squad for the first Test against Sri Lanka:

1.Chris Gayle (captain)
2. Sewnarine Chattergoon
3. Devon Smith
4. Marlon Samuels
5. Ramnaresh Sarwan
6. Shivnarine Chanderpaul
7. Dwayne Bravo
8. Ryan Hinds
9. Denesh Ramdin
10. Sulieman Benn
11. Amit Jaggernauth
12. Pedro Collins
13. Fidel Edwards
14. Darren Powell
15. Jerome Taylor

my team:

gayle
chattergoon
sarwan
chanderpaul
samuels
ryan hinds
bravo
ramdin
jaggy
collins
edwards

God is de BOSS....

Offline RRamdin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Windies Squad Named... No Ganga???
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 04:45:40 PM »
Yeah, I think the selectors have picked Benn based on his performances in the Twenty20...however Mohammed dominated the Jamaican batsmen in the final so I don't know how Mohammed could be left out in favour of Benn...again the selectors have gone with no logic. Benn doesnt even seem to spin the ball, he is a good fielder admittedly aswell as having a good temparment but I dont see why he gets picked ahead of Mohammed. Ganga should have been retained, but I am happy with Devon Smith in the team. Good to see that you have finally realised that Bravo should be batting at 7, I have been saying this for a long time now, but people keep on insisting that he bats there. Otherwise a good squad, Dwayne Smith must learn to play straight before he gets a recall to the west indies team. Oh yeah, and why have you once more dropped Taylor, when the man was the best bowler on the tour of SA and has been the most potent threat we possess for the last year?

My Team

Gayle
D.Smith
Sarwan
Samuels
Chanderpaul
Chattergoon??/ Hinds
Bravo
Ramdin
Jaggernauth
Taylor
Edwards

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 07:49:08 PM »
No Ganga what a shock. Gat picknga eh deserve 2 b dey. 2 spinners let see who eh get pick both I suspect
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

TrinInfinite

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2008, 10:02:11 PM »
Yeah, I think the selectors have picked Benn based on his performances in the Twenty20...however Mohammed dominated the Jamaican batsmen in the final so I don't know how Mohammed could be left out in favour of Benn...again the selectors have gone with no logic. Benn doesnt even seem to spin the ball, he is a good fielder admittedly aswell as having a good temparment but I dont see why he gets picked ahead of Mohammed. Ganga should have been retained, but I am happy with Devon Smith in the team. Good to see that you have finally realised that Bravo should be batting at 7, I have been saying this for a long time now, but people keep on insisting that he bats there. Otherwise a good squad, Dwayne Smith must learn to play straight before he gets a recall to the west indies team. Oh yeah, and why have you once more dropped Taylor, when the man was the best bowler on the tour of SA and has been the most potent threat we possess for the last year?

My Team

Gayle
D.Smith
Sarwan
Samuels
Chanderpaul
Chattergoon??/ Hinds
Bravo
Ramdin
Jaggernauth
Taylor
Edwards

chatters is better than devon smith by far, de only reason bravo at 7 is bc hinds in the team..devon smith should have been replaced with ganga...hands down... no technique, no foot movement, ganga and hinds are 2 of the best technical batsmen in the caribbean...mohammed should replace benn, benn is useless.. and dwayne smith should have replaced powell...

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 03:07:57 AM »
Well the selectors finally doing something right, however Benn shouldnt be there over Mohammed, Devon Smith shouldnt be there over Ganga and Powell shouldnt be there atall, I think dwayne smith should have replaced him.... I think the selectors made a tactical error in leaving out mohammed, ganga and dwayne smith... That would be the best 15 ever assembled in God knows how long...

Hopefully for Australia they can get it right for once.... Benn is nowhere near a spinner as jaggy and if hes picked over jaggy, I must say its racism on the part of the selectors....

Tue, Mar 11, '08

Team Selection Spinners Sulieman Benn and Amit Jaggernauth have earned call-ups to the West Indies senior team for the first Test match against Sri Lanka.

Benn, a left-arm orthodox spinner who has taken 22 wickets (21.31 per) in this year's Carib Beer Cup first-class tournament; and Jaggernauth, a right-arm off spinner (23 wickets at 16.26) are the only newcomers in the squad picked to play at Providence in Guyana from March 22-26.

Marlon Samuels, who is currently under a cloud of allegations surrounding match-fixing, also secured a place in the squad.

There are three openers -- captain Chris Gayle, Sewnarine Chattergoon and Devon Smith -- and four fast bowlers in Pedro Collins, Jerome Taylor, Darren Powell and Fidel Edwards.

Brenton Parchment and Runako Morton, two batsmen who toured Zimbabwe and South Africa recently, have been dropped.

1.Chris Gayle (captain)
2. Sewnarine Chattergoon
3. Devon Smith
4. Marlon Samuels
5. Ramnaresh Sarwan
7. Dwayne Bravo
8. Ryan Hinds
9. Denesh Ramdin
10. Sulieman Benn
11. Amit Jaggernauth
12. Pedro Collins
13. Fidel Edwards
14. Darren Powell
15. Jerome Taylor

my team:

gayle
chattergoon
sarwan
chanderpaul
samuels
ryan hinds
bravo
ramdin
jaggy
collins
edwards

God is de BOSS....

So why you ent pick Ganga in your team ?
Ah want de woman on de bass

TrinInfinite

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2008, 04:02:10 PM »

Tue, Mar 11, '08

1.Chris Gayle (captain)
2. Sewnarine Chattergoon
3. Devon Smith
4. Marlon Samuels
5. Ramnaresh Sarwan
7. Dwayne Bravo
8. Ryan Hinds
9. Denesh Ramdin
10. Sulieman Benn
11. Amit Jaggernauth
12. Pedro Collins
13. Fidel Edwards
14. Darren Powell
15. Jerome Taylor

my team:

gayle
chattergoon
sarwan
chanderpaul
samuels
ryan hinds
bravo
ramdin
jaggy
collins
edwards

God is de BOSS....

So why you ent pick Ganga in your team ?

ah pick a team based on who got selected.... if it was up to me ganga would come een at #3

Offline vale

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2008, 09:15:28 PM »
I do believe that it was best Ganga sit this one out. He has to score runs when he has a chance at Test level.

Yes he is the opener and it his job to see off the new ball. However, how could you stand up at the crease fro two hours, see off new ball, score twenety runs and then get out to non threatning deliveries. Ganga needs to sought this out. He could take his time and bat but turn some those twenties and thirties into fifties and hundreds.

Nothing is wrong with his approach to the game but he has to developa better conversion rate.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2008, 04:40:02 PM »
Selectors continuing to do shit.....nuttin will change...tinkering tinkering...let man make duck...but stick with someone.....steups....ganga does deserve dat....he have real belly...and pedro colllins ...blank d windies for surrey...good for u bro....
u could imagine being ganga and collins going to south africa ....what a waste
Ah say it, how ah see it

1]; } ?>