April 26, 2024, 09:45:26 AM

Author Topic: Yorke to anchor at Mariners  (Read 3712 times)

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Yorke to anchor at Mariners
« on: December 02, 2007, 12:06:48 AM »
Yorke to anchor at Mariners
The Age Australia
December 2, 2007

Yorke, celebrating with Sydney FC teammates after leading them to their inaugural A-league victory, is planning a return

DEFENDERS and blonde bombshells, take note: "All Night" Dwight Yorke has declared his intention to relaunch himself on Australia — with the Central Coast Mariners.

The smiling face of the inaugural A-League season will meet Mariners chairman Lyall Gorman in London this week to discuss a return. Yorke, 36, has promised the club's leading shareholder, Peter Turnbull, that the Mariners will have first option if, as anticipated, he severs ties with Sunderland in June.

Former Sydney FC powerbroker Turnbull helped tempt the playmaker to the Sydney Football Stadium back in 2005, with skipper Yorke leading the club to the competition's inaugural crown with a grand final win against the Mariners.

Yorke would command less than half the $1 million he earned before reluctantly leaving Sydney to reunite with former Manchester United teammate Roy Keane at the Stadium of Light after only one season.

But money is not believed to be the driving force for multimillionaire Yorke, with his English agent Simon Bayliff declaring: "Dwight has a very good relationship with Peter Turnbull; they have kept in touch ever since he left the club and the Mariners will have first option if he leaves Sunderland."

Property developer Turnbull believes the A-League leader would provide the perfect habitat for Yorke, who has been earmarked as a player and coaching mentor to the club's junior players.

"Dwight has his UEFA coaching badge … we have 100,000 kids now linked up with the club through our ties with the Granville, Canberra, Hornsby, Woy Woy and the Ku-ring-gai associations," Turnbull said.

"It shows the quality of the man, that despite being in his 30s, he's gone back to the Premier League and taken it in his stride. But I know he'd like to come back because he loves Australia and our lifestyle."

Like Turnbull, who was hounded out of Sydney by the all-powerful Frank Lowy faction, Yorke left with few warm feelings and has ruled out a return there. A $200,000 agency fee finally was paid to his English representatives after a threat of court action.

The club demanded and received a $500,000 transfer fee before off-loading Yorke to Sunderland rather than stump up another $1 million for year two of his contract.

Despite his reputation as a party prince, Yorke astounded Sunderland's coaching staff two weeks ago by leading the mid-season fitness league table in press-ups, squat thrusts and power-lifting.

Yorke, who scored eight goals in 22 appearances for Sydney, plans to base himself on his former Sin City party patch, which means the Mariners would have to bend club rules precluding players from living outside the area.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 12:09:20 AM by Grande »

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Re: Yorke to anchor at Mariners
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2007, 07:51:12 AM »
Interesting  :thinking:
Yorkie makin' sure he get his act together before he end up suddenly jobless. Good move
One eye on Australia  8)
One eye on MLS  :o
Third eye  :rotfl: (yeah like a cyclops) on W Connection. Go Yorkie !
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2007, 09:55:43 AM »
If Yorke wants to become a manger he should stay in England
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2007, 10:25:39 AM »
If Yorke wants to become a manger he should stay in England

why? 

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2007, 11:02:53 AM »
I eh see nutten wrong wid dis ...

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2007, 03:51:13 PM »
Yorke, we know dey does threat yuh like ah real big time celebrity all over Australia, and de girls well yuh run things wid dat, so ah know yuh will definitely want tuh go back there. This is not ah play thing in dis post eh, boss please come and play in de MLS and give yuh Trinbagonians are close and up front look at yuh before yuh retire  :praying:. Doh worry, in LA yuh will get celebrity treatment dey 2, ah know yuh money will be nice and de girls is top ah de line. In de US, we have de same thing dat dey cud give yuh in Australia. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2007, 04:29:17 PM »
Interesting  :thinking:
Yorkie makin' sure he get his act together before he end up suddenly jobless. Good move
One eye on Australia  8)
One eye on MLS  :o
Third eye  :rotfl: (yeah like a cyclops) on W Connection. Go Yorkie !

You know a cyclops only have one eye right  ;) ?

Anyway it's good to see that the likes of Dwight and Russel getting their coaching certifications and making preparations for after retirement.  I hope the other foreign based pros follow suit and bring their experience back home to pass it on to the next generation.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Yorke to return to A-League?
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2008, 06:29:12 PM »
Yorke to return to A-League?
Foxsports.com.

It is fair to say Dwight Yorke made quite an impression on Australian football during his title-winning season with Sydney FC.
Yorke left the inaugural A-League champions at the end of season one to join Roy Keane's Sunderland, who were newly promoted to the Barclays Premier League.
But the Trindad and Tobago striker, also known as "All-Night Dwight" for his partying ways, is waiting on a new contract offer and Yorke, 36, is considered a return to Australia.
The veteran striker has told Fox Sports’ Total Football he would still like to return to the A-League, possibly to play a role with his former club Sydney FC, but that he is open to other offers.
"I’ve got to weigh up all the options,' Yorke said. "I’ve heard there is likely to be two more teams added to the league so that is an exciting time for Australian football. Come the end of the season, with the options available to me, I will rule nothing out."
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Yorke to return to A-League?
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2008, 06:33:58 PM »
Tobago United Yorke, it has not been the same since you leave.

You in the midfield and let bertile coach the side.

I dont think many players have a chance to play football in a stadium named after them.

Go home Yorkie and bring out the Tobago massive them.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2008, 07:33:47 PM »

I dont think many players have a chance to play football in a stadium named after them.

haha Yorkie will never return to play here...  Grimey's over blondes?... you must be having a laugh

Go back to A League Yorkie... have yuh fun while yuh still considered young

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2008, 07:41:25 PM »
Look de interview regarding that - nothing definite but such is football media sometimes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UC72JDEsvlg

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2008, 08:04:38 PM »
Yorke have children in Australia  ???

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2008, 08:15:04 PM »
he just wasting time in sunderland

no kinda sweat he gettin
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2008, 08:58:28 AM »
 keane ah tellin yuh start the man up front yuh aint go regret it ;D

now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2008, 09:17:37 AM »

haha Yorkie will never return to play here...  Grimey's over blondes?... you must be having a laugh

Go back to A League Yorkie... have yuh fun while yuh still considered young

Grimey's over blondes?  I dunno how to take that..... surgically altered blondes cannot compare to beautiful trini women no time no how...... however the a league over tobago united well...cmon now

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2008, 09:49:14 AM »

Grimey's over blondes?  I dunno how to take that..... surgically altered blondes cannot compare to beautiful trini women no time no how...... however the a league over tobago united well...cmon now

Beautiful Trini woman is one thing but you ever see ah Bago woman.

You feel Yorke want to leave the bright lights and big city of England or Sydney for the likes of them jaggabat in Charlieville and Bucco.

Like you never went Lush or The Shade in Bago and see what does be going on.

Més que un club.

Offline jimmel14

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Yorkie back to d A-League
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2008, 02:51:13 PM »
jus heard that Dwight maybe heading back to the A-League.. this time to Central Coast Mariners.
source: 96 wefm sports at 4.50pm

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2008, 02:56:22 PM »

Beautiful Trini woman is one thing but you ever see ah Bago woman.

You feel Yorke want to leave the bright lights and big city of England or Sydney for the likes of them jaggabat in Charlieville and Bucco.

Like you never went Lush or The Shade in Bago and see what does be going on.

:rotfl:
not to mention how much money yuh think Tobago United go pay him
he ent going there in this life time

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2008, 03:03:09 PM »
sorry ah still stuck at multi millonaire........... ah never really stopped to think of that oui always knew his paper was good didnt know it was that good
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2008, 03:28:15 PM »
He would have been a millionare after his time at ManU alone and this is not counting commercial endorsements.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2008, 05:37:56 PM »
Yorke, we know dey does threat yuh like ah real big time celebrity all over Australia, and de girls well yuh run things wid dat, so ah know yuh will definitely want tuh go back there. This is not ah play thing in dis post eh, boss please come and play in de MLS and give yuh Trinbagonians are close and up front look at yuh before yuh retire  :praying:. Doh worry, in LA yuh will get celebrity treatment dey 2, ah know yuh money will be nice and de girls is top ah de line. In de US, we have de same thing dat dey cud give yuh in Australia. HIGHLY BLESSED.
But if yuh want to be in ah better league go Australia, Sydney beat up L.A Galaxy the other day, that mls league is rell TATA ;D Supa is one love still

1]; } ?>