April 26, 2024, 04:40:26 AM

Author Topic: Dreadlocks Thread  (Read 12396 times)

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: One for the Rasta thread...Republic "No hat" policy to protect customers
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2011, 01:05:08 PM »
So now ah hadda add ah bank tuh meh list:

Zen
51 Degrees
Aura
Woodford Cafe
Jenny's Wok

Republic Bank

So enlighten me bout these two places....they watch yuh and say sorry we full...no reservations.

One night ah say lemme go and check out what Zen is all about. When was my turn tuh go through security, dey start jumbiein meh about meh hat and de number of buttons (three) dat was open on meh shirt. Ah button up de shirt tuh dey satisfaction. Den dey tell meh how ah have tuh keep meh shirt on when I inside because if dey see meh bareback dey go throw meh out. Me eh study dem. So when it come tuh de hat scene, dey say how ah have tuh take it orf and leave it wit dem and ah could pick it up when ah leaving. Ah say nah, me eh want tuh go in dey so bad, allyuh could keep allyuh club. So den ah make ah spin by Jenny's. Ah gone downstairs by de bar and ah order ah Stag. De bartender tell meh he cyar serve meh. When ah ask him why. He point tuh ah sign dat say yuh cyar have on no headwear. So I buss it from dey and went by Crobar.

I went Woodford Cafe on Tragarete Road some years ago and everyting was cool, but when ah went by de one in Movie Towne two years ago, dey point tuh ah sign about headwear. So me eh even reach inside yet.

for a sout man you does move everywhere in de north oui....I shame to say I pass troo coffee st. twice since ah born
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2011, 01:16:12 PM »

Zen
51 Degrees
Aura
Woodford Cafe
Jenny's Wok

Republic Bank

So enlighten me bout these two places....they watch yuh and say sorry we full...no reservations.

One night ah say lemme go and check out what Zen is all about. When was my turn tuh go through security, dey start jumbiein meh about meh hat and de number of buttons (three) dat was open on meh shirt. Ah button up de shirt tuh dey satisfaction. Den dey tell meh how ah have tuh keep meh shirt on when I inside because if dey see meh bareback dey go throw meh out. Me eh study dem. So when it come tuh de hat scene, dey say how ah have tuh take it orf and leave it wit dem and ah could pick it up when ah leaving. Ah say nah, me eh want tuh go in dey so bad, allyuh could keep allyuh club. So den ah make ah spin by Jenny's. Ah gone downstairs by de bar and ah order ah Stag. De bartender tell meh he cyar serve meh. When ah ask him why. He point tuh ah sign dat say yuh cyar have on no headwear. So I buss it from dey and went by Crobar.

I went Woodford Cafe on Tragarete Road some years ago and everyting was cool, but when ah went by de one in Movie Towne two years ago, dey point tuh ah sign about headwear. So me eh even reach inside yet.

for a sout man you does move everywhere in de north oui....I shame to say I pass troo coffee st. twice since ah born

Doh shame Dutty always remember d distance from POS to Sando is longer than Sando to POS so north peeps have problems reachin.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2011, 01:23:40 PM »

Zen
51 Degrees
Aura
Woodford Cafe
Jenny's Wok

Republic Bank

I say yuh belly didn't agree with the Char siu pork at Jenny's so you add them to the "list"

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2011, 01:55:02 PM »
Honestly Republic Bank has the worst customer service... On my last visit to trini- I wanted to chash my travlers check so I could have pocket money for tobago... de clerk make me sign the check... i have all the ID ect ... only have the manager deny me... since I did not have an account with them. I explained to her that I was a tourist... she say she eh care about that... and proceeded to lecture me... she was tryin her best to belittle me at her best. But had no problem helping the white tourist who were there.  thank god RBTT accepted the signed checks...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2011, 02:05:59 PM »
Honestly Republic Bank has the worst customer service... On my last visit to trini- I wanted to chash my travlers check so I could have pocket money for tobago... de clerk make me sign the check... i have all the ID ect ... only have the manager deny me... since I did not have an account with them. I explained to her that I was a tourist... she say she eh care about that... and proceeded to lecture me... she was tryin her best to belittle me at her best. But had no problem helping the white tourist who were there.  thank god RBTT accepted the signed checks...

Republic and RBTT is for business not d lil man.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2011, 02:22:41 PM »

Zen
51 Degrees
Aura
Woodford Cafe
Jenny's Wok

Republic Bank

Or they ent fart on yuh after they seat you at the table?

When I up on your side I does get that sometimes....or dey does seat meh in d back, far from d door so nobody could see meh when they come in.

But I realise dey doh put meh near d toilet cause is a area where people passin regular.

I feel, dey feel I go eat and ride so they giving me the longest stretch to walk so they could ketch you before the door.

Most of the time they are usually surprised when you give them a decent tip.

surprised at that treatment, service in TT has gone to the dogs long time now.

I think you make ah mistake, Is T&T you mean, Right?
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2011, 02:42:09 PM »

When I up on your side I does get that sometimes....or dey does seat meh in d back, far from d door so nobody could see meh when they come in.

But I realise dey doh put meh near d toilet cause is a area where people passin regular.

I feel, dey feel I go eat and ride so they giving me the longest stretch to walk so they could ketch you before the door.

As for the hat thing... I too think the 'security' or safety talk is nonsense, but I don't necessarily agree that it is discriminatory.  Wearing a hat is not the same as a "headwrap", or burqa, hijab or ohrni.  I also don't see what the EOC will/can do... and this is not no "breach of contract."

true.

"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2011, 02:44:44 PM »

doh feel shame, i sure dey have several north fellas who have digressed more dan twice.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2011, 02:50:27 PM »
The last time i was in "monkey land" i swore never to set foot in that place again, of course that decision was made in haste anger and frustration simply BC i got bad service from the hotel to the airport! talk about "UN"necessary stress! it seems to me that these ppl does make an extra effort tuh make xpats feel unwelcomed and uncomfortable as they possibly can.

now imagine this dotish policy in this day and age, like TI said, if ah big sheik or ah seikh was in they turban, or ah muslim womon in ah nikab, what dey go do, tell dem take it off or we can't serve yuh?  these ppl eh bettin they dotish fuh spite nah!

there's no banks or commercial office spaces here in NYC where they have such primitive policies, @ least i've never seen it and there more bank robbers here than down there.

and allyuh want ppl tuh move back there, yuhs must be mad! not fackin me!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 03:07:38 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2011, 02:54:01 PM »

As for the hat thing... I too think the 'security' or safety talk is nonsense, but I don't necessarily agree that it is discriminatory.  Wearing a hat is not the same as a "headwrap", or burqa, hijab or ohrni.  I also don't see what the EOC will/can do... and this is not no "breach of contract."

true.

Rastas doh wear hats for religious purposes? so lemme get this straight, all the other religions is official and ratafarianism is not?? something seriously wrong wid this thinking my brother.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2011, 03:41:53 PM »
This whole hat for security reasons is absurd. I currently live in the US and I've seen all kinds of people the banks wearing what they want. Then too the amount of camera's in these banks at all different angles, they can see everyone who enters, leaves and they spot you almost everywhere you turn even at the ATM machines. I guess the bank is a private entity and they can stipulate restrictions on attire but it can hurt their image and cause them to loose clients. Yuh see Tallman done scratch dem off he list :mackdaddy:

Then again Republic bank have all kinda security with firearms, they still want you to remove your hat? They might has well put a metal detector by the door as you walk in. I was home over Christmas and went to check a friend at Republic Bank in west mall for lunch. While I was waiting on her de security guard was watching me real hard like a hawk. Ah say to myself is either I look like a criminal or I was moving wid he gyal. The amount time he spend watching me other people could've walked in robbed the bank and left easy easy.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2011, 03:48:07 PM »

doh feel shame, i sure dey have several north fellas who have digressed more dan twice.

There's no such thing as a "North man".  Iz either East or West.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2011, 04:13:07 PM »

Strictly speaking iz either West or 'past de lighthouse'

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2011, 05:20:28 PM »

What's this West business?  I was from de North, anything east of the lighthouse was East.  Down the Butler highway was South unless you only reach halfway then that was Central  :D.

Never had no West  ???

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2011, 05:33:44 PM »
Rastas doh wear hats for religious purposes? so lemme get this straight, all the other religions is official and ratafarianism is not?? something seriously wrong wid this thinking my brother.

Nah, something wrong with your comprehension pardna... what I said is that wearing a "hat" is not the same as wearing a "headwrap", burqa or ohrni.  I never touched on the religious reasons behind who wear what.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2011, 06:19:20 PM »
Alyuh being politically correct.....a white Ras could move in Jenny's, Zen and Republic Bank normel.

Yuh ent see whademoder get hold in a road block for weed and get away free...if it was a ninja....is all kinda lockup for he.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2011, 08:03:03 PM »
Tallman experience at Zen (and others) reminds me of the Club Deja Vu in Roundabout Plaza who had done a similar thing to a few dreads, a few days later Deja Vu was no more.  Our land so tiny and cosmpolitan, places like Fortress, Genesis, Deja Vu, Zen and others should not be even allowed to exist
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2011, 09:08:02 PM »

Nah, something wrong with your comprehension pardna... what I said is that wearing a "hat" is not the same as wearing a "headwrap", burqa or ohrni.  I never touched on the religious reasons behind who wear what.
My comprehension on point bro, it can't be more clear that you was making a religious reference since a burqa, a head wrap / turban (don't know what an ohrni is) is religious oriented, or @ least that's how i interpret it.

anyway misunderstanding someone is ah part of life, especially on here. is small ting, no need tuh confer on it.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2011, 09:30:13 PM »
Tallman experience at Zen (and others) reminds me of the Club Deja Vu in Roundabout Plaza who had done a similar thing to a few dreads, a few days later Deja Vu was no more.  Our land so tiny and cosmpolitan, places like Fortress, Genesis, Deja Vu, Zen and others should not be even allowed to exist
Breds, this is one of the reasons why i couldn't live in T&T no mo, too much double standards! when i left there i swore i would never go back. i was a revolutionary yute, was into all kinda black power movement on the island, and was trying to get into politics by joining NJAC as a junior member, but when i finally realize that them ppl would never relinquish power and it didn't have enough conscious black ppl on the island tuh make any kinda change, right after the neocolonialist NAR won the election i bounced.

right here in foreign i tried to start all kinda proactive groups to make life easier and more productive for black ppl , but to no avail. my opinion though, black ppl deserve all the sh!t they being fed, that's BC very few blacks want tuh stand up for fear of inconvenience, they just want tuh sit by and enjoy the fruits of another man's labor while they run around and act the fool!

look @ T&T 24 yrs later, the place is the same way i left it, as ah matter of fact it got worst! no serious improvements on race relation and equal opportunity, the social fabric of the society broke down real bad, wid criminal activity, immorality, and racial tension on ah total up spiral, i could go on and on but i go stop here.

trinidad was always ah paradise, but according to bro valentino, "for men like sabga, for kirpalini and Y-delima" not the poor children of former slaves.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2011, 09:44:58 PM »
My comprehension on point bro, it can't be more clear that you was making a religious reference since a burqa, a head wrap / turban (don't know what an ohrni is) is religious oriented, or @ least that's how i interpret it.

anyway misunderstanding someone is ah part of life, especially on here. is small ting, no need tuh confer on it.

This is the most accurate part of your post.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2011, 10:30:46 PM »

true.

huh? i say that Rastafarianism is not official?

anyhow, i dint know that wearing a hat and not showing their locks in public is a part of their religion.

Is bobo shanti/ dreads the same as a rasta?
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

truetrini

« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2011, 09:39:36 AM »

he dunce no c**t

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2011, 11:28:51 PM »

he dunce no c**t
This coming from the meanest most abusive member on the board does loads of damage to my character and feelings.  :puking: i'm sure i will not be able to sleep now BC of the unsavory words spewed by an unsavory character, matter of fact i may never recover. :nailbiting:
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 11:37:25 PM by just cool »

truetrini

« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2011, 09:56:29 AM »

he dunce no c**t
This coming from the meanest most abusive member on the board does loads of damage to my character and feelings.  :puking: i'm sure i will not be able to sleep now BC of the unsavory words spewed by an unsavory character, matter of fact i may never recover. :nailbiting:

yuh is ah facking dunce..ah glad yuh eh debate dat likkle fact
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 12:30:27 PM by Trinity Cross »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2011, 12:12:56 PM »
Mankind jes hadda transfer dey money yes

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZjaaRLlaWG0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ZjaaRLlaWG0</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2011, 03:55:34 PM »

he dunce no c**t
I'd rather be ah dunce than an abusive piggish brute.

truetrini

« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2011, 04:02:21 PM »

he dunce no c**t

hawk too

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2011, 09:57:11 PM »

he dunce no c**t

hawk too
My point exactly!  :loser:

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Now dey say is only if de hat have ah peak.

<a href="http://www.kaltura.com/index.php/kwidget/wid/1_ir8bdt5v/uiconf_id/1892491" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.kaltura.com/index.php/kwidget/wid/1_ir8bdt5v/uiconf_id/1892491</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Conquering Lion

• Tell me how can a man who doh know his roots form his own ideology?
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Mankind jes hadda transfer dey money yes

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZjaaRLlaWG0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ZjaaRLlaWG0</a>

Ey......and if iz ah bank yuh not familiar with, make sure yuh wear yuh hat in dat bank eh Tallman  :beermug:
We fire de old set ah managers we had wukkin..and iz ah new group we went and we bring in. And if the goods we require de new managers not supplying, when election time come back round iz new ones we bringin. For iz one ting about my people I can guarantee..They will never ever vote party b4 country

1]; } ?>