March 28, 2024, 07:57:55 AM

Author Topic: Dreadlocks Thread  (Read 12307 times)

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
Dreadlocks Thread
« on: March 11, 2008, 05:30:56 PM »
when ah rastaman taking ah pic he does make ah kinda diamond with his hand. i does do it too.

what does it mean???
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: question fuh de rastas
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 05:43:19 PM »
If yuh talkin about this sign that Jay-Z is making with his hands it is the illuminati/freemason sign of the "all seeing eye". Which is found on the U.S. dollar Bill

I am anxious to see the rasta's meaning of it.
Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 05:53:09 PM »
when ah rastaman taking ah pic he does make ah kinda diamond with his hand. i does do it too.

what does it mean???

We answer dat ahready. Check de Rastafari and Dreadlocks thread
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2008, 06:04:05 PM »

what does it mean???

We answer dat ahready. Check de Rastafari and Dreadlocks thread

Interesting...........

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2008, 06:07:50 PM »
If yuh talkin about this sign that Jay-Z is making with his hands it is the illuminati/freemason sign of the "all seeing eye". Which is found on the U.S. dollar Bill

ah think Jay-z does throw up dat  as symbol of he rockafella record label...yeh it kinda tie into rockerfeller, money capitalism etc...but I doh think he reach illuminati money yet
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2008, 06:23:11 PM »

ah think Jay-z does throw up dat  as symbol of he rockafella record label...yeh it kinda tie into rockerfeller, money capitalism etc...but I doh think he reach illuminati money yet

I hear yuh there, even though there are alot of people who think otherwise, but when you decide to name your company after a man(in essence glorying him)  who was gay and died of AIDS, it will raise some eyebrows.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
police vs rasta in Laventille
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2008, 01:36:33 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/KyDoFzgROak" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/KyDoFzgROak</a>

« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 01:40:14 PM by Trini _2010 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: police vs rasta in Laventille
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2008, 01:39:17 PM »
REAL LICKS

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/3vjBUcGta38" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/3vjBUcGta38</a>
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 01:39:54 PM by Tallman »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2008, 04:05:07 PM »
fight on beetham (trinidad)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/YEVeBfYbGnc&amp;feature=related" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/YEVeBfYbGnc&amp;feature=related</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2008, 04:29:02 PM »
Laventille, Rio, Kingston, Port-au-prince,Lagos, Kabera. Same difference!!!!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2008, 04:38:24 PM »
fight on beetham (trinidad)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/YEVeBfYbGnc&amp;feature=related" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/YEVeBfYbGnc&amp;feature=related</a>

dat youth get a combo dey

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2008, 05:20:20 PM »
Idle hands!!! Nothing to do!!!!!

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2008, 08:45:35 PM »

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2008, 05:01:30 PM »
de man in de drawers is de best,he ketch de man kung fu kick. :rotfl:
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2008, 06:44:54 PM »
Den two in Beetham smiling after...dem stage dat.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
One for the Rasta thread...Republic "No hat" policy to protect customers
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2011, 08:14:57 AM »
Tallman,

Yuh cyar walk een Republic bank down here no more..... :devil: :devil:

Republic: 'No hat' policy to protect customers

By Richard Charan richard.charan@trinidadexpress.com

Story Created: Jan 18, 2011 at 11:54 PM ECT

Story Updated: Jan 18, 2011 at 11:54 PM ECT

Rastafarian Michael Scott is claiming he was booted out of the Siparia branch of Republic Bank Ltd because he refused the bank's request to remove the hat covering his dreadlocks.

Scott said when he protested, his account was closed by the bank's manager, who promised a cheque for all his outstanding deposits would be sent in the mail.

As of yesterday, Scott said he was yet to receive the cheque.

Scott's claims are made in a letter sent yesterday by his attorney, Derek Ali, to Republic Bank's managing director, David Dulal-Whiteway. Scott also intends to complain to the Equal Opportunity Commission and the Banking Ombudsman.

Contacted yesterday afternoon by phone, the bank's general manager, marketing and communications, Anna-Maria Garcia-Brooks was asked to comment on the allegations, but confirmed only that Republic Bank had a no-hat policy.

She told the Express the policy was instituted for the protection of the bank's customers.

Garcia-Brooks said the policy has been in place for some time. She was contacted later again yesterday for further comment, but said she could not comment further at that time.

Scott, 52, of Beach Road, Palo Seco, who retired medically unfit from the Water and Sewerage Authority, said he was a customer at the bank for 32 years.

The lawyer's letter states that on January 7, Scott went to the bank to do business and was told by the security guard that "the bank's policy dictated that no one will be allowed service at the bank while wearing a hat or while utilising a cellphone".

Scott said his dreadlocks were neatly tucked under the appropriate headwear and it was no different from what he wore for three decades. He said he tried to explain to the bank guard that his dreadlocks were an expression of his faith.

Scott said his explanation was not accepted by the guard or bank manager, "who insisted that he subject himself to the humiliation of removing his headwear in full public view or he will not be allowed service at the bank". He said when he complained that the bank was discriminatory against "Rastamen", he was "promptly thrown out the bank in full public view".

Attorney Derek Ali said the actions against Scott "are not enforced against any members of other religious groups, for example, members of the Muslim faith are allowed to attend the bank wearing either a Hijab or a Burka; members of the Baptist faith are permitted to attend the bank wearing full Baptiste headwear and members of the Hindu faith can attend the bank wearing either an Orhni or similar headwear".

In a letter dated January 10 by the bank's branch sales manager, Scott was told a cheque would be delivered since "we are unable to provide you with the standard of service required by your good self despite our efforts. This was evident by your behaviour/actions and the use of obscene language in our banking hall, on more than one occasion directed to staff, the security guard and the branch manger".

Scott said he never misbehaved, and his lawyer believes the bank is liable to pay damages for breach of contract.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: One for the Rasta thread...Republic "No hat" policy to protect customers
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2011, 08:32:34 AM »
Well yes. A luta continua.

Contacted yesterday afternoon by phone, the bank's general manager, marketing and communications, Anna-Maria Garcia-Brooks was asked to comment on the allegations, but confirmed only that Republic Bank had a no-hat policy.

She told the Express the policy was instituted for the protection of the bank's customers.

Protection ??? Steups!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2011, 09:13:18 AM »
Things are really wrongsided in T&T.  :-\    no customer service whatsoever. Why can't I use my cell phone in a bank? That's some :bs:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2011, 09:48:34 AM »
Elan dey feel that the cell phone is because you alerting yuh partner outside who doing what transaction and to jump dem when they come out the door.

I find is a stupid ting bout hat...they should ban shades one time too or glasses.

Also I woulda dig a real horrors if a Muslim or a Baptist in the headgear and I have on my tam and I getting a doh come back here kinda pressure.

Honestly if I was d ras I going to the "people's bank" First Citizens and tell republic how dey mudder make dem.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2011, 10:00:30 AM »
So now ah hadda add ah bank tuh meh list:

Zen
51 Degrees
Aura
Woodford Cafe
Jenny's Wok
Republic Bank

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2011, 10:01:48 AM »
Elan dey feel that the cell phone is because you alerting yuh partner outside who doing what transaction and to jump dem when they come out the door.

I find is a stupid ting bout hat...they should ban shades one time too or glasses.

Also I woulda dig a real horrors if a Muslim or a Baptist in the headgear and I have on my tam and I getting a doh come back here kinda pressure.

Honestly if I was d ras I going to the "people's bank" First Citizens and tell republic how dey mudder make dem.

I thnk that's what they looking at the alert yuh padna thing. The hat thing however eh make no sense. The hat on yuh head. You can still see the person face, cameras can still record their faces. I don't understand what they hope to accomplish. Never like Republic and Royal at all. Use to bank with FCB.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2011, 10:11:27 AM »

Zen
51 Degrees
Aura
Woodford Cafe
Jenny's Wok

Republic Bank

So enlighten me bout these two places....they watch yuh and say sorry we full...no reservations.

Or they ent fart on yuh after they seat you at the table?

When I up on your side I does get that sometimes....or dey does seat meh in d back, far from d door so nobody could see meh when they come in.

But I realise dey doh put meh near d toilet cause is a area where people passin regular.

I feel, dey feel I go eat and ride so they giving me the longest stretch to walk so they could ketch you before the door.

Most of the time they are usually surprised when you give them a decent tip.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 10:14:33 AM by Touches »

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2011, 10:39:14 AM »

Zen
51 Degrees
Aura

Woodford Cafe
Jenny's Wok
Republic Bank

u actually let dis pass tru yuh head ? stoosh central ?

truetrini

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2011, 11:15:00 AM »
Many banks here in the US ask you to remove hats and shades also.

giggsy11

« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2011, 11:51:51 AM »
I will never forget when I was server in a US establishment, a rastaman came in with his dreds tucked under his hat and you should have seen how the other servers reacted in awe. They had never seen "such a sight"; what did he have under his hat? They couldn't believe that was his hair under the hat. If the banks reason for asking the removal of the hat were for "security reasons'; is that the same requirement at airports or government buildings?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2011, 12:22:45 PM »
So enlighten me bout these two places....they watch yuh and say sorry we full...no reservations.

When I up on your side I does get that sometimes....or dey does seat meh in d back, far from d door so nobody could see meh when they come in.

But I realise dey doh put meh near d toilet cause is a area where people passin regular.

I feel, dey feel I go eat and ride so they giving me the longest stretch to walk so they could ketch you before the door.

Be happy that yuh never get seated close to the toilet... if is not cleaning supplies yuh smelling, is a steady traffic of people near yuh elbow.  As for them discriminating by sending yuh way to de back as yuh suspect, these places typically rotate where a customer is seated (but you are always free to ask for another table).  The rotation is to ensure that every server gets customers, servers typically are assigned a zone in the restaurant each night... so they rotate customers thru the zones.

As for the hat thing... I too think the 'security' or safety talk is nonsense, but I don't necessarily agree that it is discriminatory.  Wearing a hat is not the same as a "headwrap", or burqa, hijab or ohrni.  I also don't see what the EOC will/can do... and this is not no "breach of contract."

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2011, 12:38:15 PM »

Zen
51 Degrees
Aura
Woodford Cafe
Jenny's Wok

Republic Bank

surprised at that treatment, service in TT has gone to the dogs long time now.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2011, 12:43:37 PM »

Zen
51 Degrees
Aura
Woodford Cafe
Jenny's Wok

Republic Bank

surprised at that treatment, service in TT has gone to the dogs long time now.

Name one time in TT history when service was not discriminatory?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2011, 12:49:52 PM »

Zen
51 Degrees
Aura
Woodford Cafe
Jenny's Wok

Republic Bank

One night ah say lemme go and check out what Zen is all about. When was my turn tuh go through security, dey start jumbiein meh about meh hat and de number of buttons (three) dat was open on meh shirt. Ah button up de shirt tuh dey satisfaction. Den dey tell meh how ah have tuh keep meh shirt on when I inside because if dey see meh bareback dey go throw meh out. Me eh study dem. So when it come tuh de hat scene, dey say how ah have tuh take it orf and leave it wit dem and ah could pick it up when ah leaving. Ah say nah, me eh want tuh go in dey so bad, allyuh could keep allyuh club. So den ah make ah spin by Jenny's. Ah gone downstairs by de bar and ah order ah Stag. De bartender tell meh he cyar serve meh. When ah ask him why. He point tuh ah sign dat say yuh cyar have on no headwear. So I buss it from dey and went by Crobar.

I went Woodford Cafe on Tragarete Road some years ago and everyting was cool, but when ah went by de one in Movie Towne two years ago, dey point tuh ah sign about headwear. So me eh even reach inside yet.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2011, 12:55:15 PM »

Zen
51 Degrees
Aura
Woodford Cafe
Jenny's Wok

Republic Bank

One night ah say lemme go and check out what Zen is all about. When was my turn tuh go through security, dey start jumbiein meh about meh hat and de number of buttons (three) dat was open on meh shirt. Ah button up de shirt tuh dey satisfaction. Den dey tell meh how ah have tuh keep meh shirt on when I inside because if dey see meh bareback dey go throw meh out. Me eh study dem. So when it come tuh de hat scene, dey say how ah have tuh take it orf and leave it wit dem and ah could pick it up when ah leaving. Ah say nah, me eh want tuh go in dey so bad, allyuh could keep allyuh club. So den ah make ah spin by Jenny's. Ah gone downstairs by de bar and ah order ah Stag. De bartender tell meh he cyar serve meh. When ah ask him why. He point tuh ah sign dat say yuh cyar have on no headwear. So I buss it from dey and went by Crobar.

I went Woodford Cafe on Tragarete Road some years ago and everyting was cool, but when ah went by de one in Movie Towne two years ago, dey point tuh ah sign about headwear. So me eh even reach inside yet.

thats ridiculous, these establishments can't ask or differentiate between religious head gear and fashion.

its like asking a sikh to remove his turban. there has to be a point where religious head gear is made seperate than just a hat.

1]; } ?>