April 29, 2024, 08:58:48 AM

Author Topic: Stern john and his goal scoring  (Read 7565 times)

Offline Eldo man

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Stern john and his goal scoring
« on: March 12, 2008, 01:32:34 AM »
 Would stern have scored at least half the amount of his championship talley had he been at Sunderland this season.
 Was replacing Stern with Jones the best move by Roy kean.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
Re: Stern john and his goal scoring
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 06:50:30 AM »
i tink so,he's younger faster stronger,i dont tink stern has any more growth in him,in de sense of advancing his game.with de right attitude and dedication KJ could be deadly.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 06:51:28 AM »
stern "fackin" john
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 07:17:29 AM »
Stern have to play on a team that will create chances for him.

Keene needed Jones because he could leave him up front and he go run whole day.
Stern really aint going to do that.

In the championship all the teams create chances and stern can still finish.

Most Sunderland games is like watching backs and forwards.

If sterm was on a Chelsea or man U or Liverpool he would score 20 goals easy, but at sunderland he would be under 10 goals for the season.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 07:23:10 AM »
how much points Sunderland get for"" running whole day "" ???

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2008, 07:23:56 AM »
could there be such a thing as a player finding his level of performance and if he is put on a team in a higher level that his work rate/results would in fact drop?
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2008, 07:25:12 AM »
:devil: :devil:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2008, 07:27:52 AM »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2008, 07:32:42 AM »
Southamton's goals
Without Stern they will be a mess, Dont be suprise if you see stern get a next contract for a few years.
Goals does attract managers interest.

Stern John 16
Bradley Wright-Phillips  8
Andrew Surman  4
Gregory Vignal  4
John Viafara  3
Jason Euell 2
Marek Saganowski  2
Nathan Dyer  1
Inigo Idiakez 1
Darren Powell 1

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2008, 07:46:53 AM »
Dread, I was watching FSC highlights last night, and saw Sten score his 16th and meant to post the same thread.....

Stern is a better natural goalscorer than Kenwyne, but there's just too much speculation involved to say who is the better investment. I'd go out on a limb and render a guess that Stern would have scored as many if not more goals the KJ this season, but Keano would have to build a different style around him....I don't see Stern playing that lone big man dominating the air game.....how that change up would have affected the rest of their game, and their results as a whole is an even bigger guess .
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2008, 08:14:01 AM »
Would stern have scored at least half the amount of his championship talley had he been at Sunderland this season.

roy should of kept both of them
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2008, 09:03:45 AM »

roy should of kept both of them
He couldn't. As far I hear, Southampton manager specifically ask for Stern in exchange.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2008, 09:24:48 AM »
Stern would not have done well at Sunderland simply because they do not have anyone to make the bullets for Stern to fire.
Stern is the type of striker that needs the ball at the right moment, no hesitation. Roy Keane came into management and did not understand the market. He bought poorly and is paying the price.
Stern in the right team could still score goals in the Premier.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2008, 09:39:08 AM »
For those who missed it the first time

Most men who have a good season in the championship doh even get de chance to follow it up in the prem. In the last 5 years or so of the top 20 championship scorers look at those who had some kind of impact the year after

02-03  (year)
(4/20) (Number following on to EPL)
7.Paul Dickov Leicester City 17+3 20 17.Paul Dickov Leicester City 11 (Ch stats EPL stats)

03-04 (8/20)
1.Andrew Johnson Crystal Palace 27+4 31     2.Andrew Johnson Crystal Palace 21
3.Robert Earnshaw Cardiff City 21+5 26         12.Robert Earnshaw WBA 11
5.Dean Ashton Crewe 19+1 20                  34.Dean Ashton Norwich City 7 (winter draft)
12. Jermain Defoe West Ham Utd 11+4 15       4.Jermain Defoe Tottenham 13

04-05  (12/20)
1.Nathan Ellington Wigan Athletic 24+0 24     57.Nathan Ellington WBA 5
2.Teddy Sheringham West Ham Utd 20+1 21  51.Teddy Sheringham West Ham Utd 6
3.Marlon Harewood West Ham Utd 17+4 21      7.Marlon Harewood West Ham Utd 14
4.Jason Roberts Wigan Athletic 21+0 21           32.Jason Roberts Wigan Athletic 8
6.Heidar Helguson Watford 16+4 20            30.Heidar Helguson Fulham 8
8.Dean Ashton Crewe 17+2 19                     87.Dean Ashton West Ham Utd 3 (winter)
9.Shefki Kuqi Ipswich Town 19+0 19            36.Shefki Kuqi Blackburn 7
11.Darren Bent Ipswich Town 19+0 19          3.Darren Bent Charlton 18

05-06 (9/20 + 1 to Celtic)
2.Marlon King Watford 21+0 2               65.Marlon King Watford 4
4.Kevin Doyle Reading 18+1 19               7.Kevin Doyle Reading 13
5.Andrew Johnson Palace 15+2 17         12Andrew Johnson Everton 11
9.Leroy Lita Reading 11+4 15                 37.Leroy Lita Reading 7+6
14.Rob Hulse Leeds United 12+1 13     30.Rob Hulse Sheffield Utd 8

If you look at this year's list even if you're clement because the season ent done yet, the fact of the matter is the only person who even close to having a nice follow up season is KJ.

06-07 (8/20)
2.Diomansy Kamara WBA 20+2 22              123.Diomansy Kamara Fulham 2
3.Michael Chopra Cardiff City 22+0 22          69.Michael Chopra Sunderland 3
9.Steve Howard Derby County 16+1 17   182.Steve Howard Derby County 1
11.Gary McSheffrey Birmingham 14+3 17     129.Gary McSheffrey Birmingham 2
13.Kenwyne Jones Southampton 14+2 16  37.Kenwyne Jones Sunderland 5
20.Nicklas Bendtner Birmingham 11+2 13     105.Nicklas Bendtner Arsenal 2

Now nothing doh stop none of these guys from blossoming later on, but the truth is championship strikers are a dime a dozen, and they rarely ever stay up long enough to find out. They usually go down with their team or are traded back/loaned down.

ps
Stern is 4th on this year's championship list, 1 goal behind another former Sunderland striker, Kevin Phillips.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline fivers

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2008, 10:40:40 AM »
I don't think he should have been replaced, but I believe having both John and Jones would have paid dividends. I am looking at it as replacing John with new signing Rade Prica. At the moment, it seems to be a bad move by Keane. I am sure he is kicking himself for that mistake, though he may not admit it. Again, it's tough to have your entire team going away for a friendly, but he is doing just that with the Irish contingent.

Offline fivers

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2008, 10:41:55 AM »
They could use that 10 goals right now

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2008, 12:05:00 PM »

So Stern would have been better for Sunderland than KJ?

...because they couldn't have both.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2008, 12:08:47 PM »
I don't think he should have been replaced, but I believe having both John and Jones would have paid dividends. I am looking at it as replacing John with new signing Rade Prica. At the moment, it seems to be a bad move by Keane. I am sure he is kicking himself for that mistake, though he may not admit it. Again, it's tough to have your entire team going away for a friendly, but he is doing just that with the Irish contingent.
What so hard to understand that this couldn't have happened?  Stern John was part of the negotiations for KJ...Steve Bruce made it so.

truetrini

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2008, 12:23:16 PM »
steve bruce???

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2008, 12:32:34 PM »
George Burley.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2008, 12:42:22 PM »
George Burley.
Dunno whey de ass I get Steve Bruce from, lol

TT see what happen when yuh arguing wid three men in de General Discussion forum...trying tuh chip een on de football talk, watching de Big East tournament and trying tuh do wuk at de same time, lol.

I dun...ah gorn.

Offline Eldo man

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2008, 01:34:44 PM »
Some very interesting post on this topic. Some men make some good points... My take on this is had Stern stayed at the stadium of lights, his light would have been out.... he would  have struggle to even get past  the 5 goals that Jones have at this point... Roy kean system of play would not have done stern any good, as a matter of fact it's not even workin for KJ.

My next poin is that Stern is not a prem. player maybe five years ago. Mentally stern ent ready for the prem. Championship is his comfrot zone, he has done well there before on several occasions. Even if he is goin through a dry spell he always seems to find himself and do well at this level.
Don't be surprise if he get some interest for one of the teams at the top of the table in the championship. if that's the case, they will only use him once again and get rid of him. Managers know his ability when come to this.

At the end of the day Stern Championship is for u....... U might even be one of the best forwards at this level ever..... Your playing every game yuh scoring to.. Make yuh MONEY meh boy... YUh only getting older... Hope yuh could score for T&T at de rate yuh going at right now.....

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2008, 02:17:01 PM »
Some very interesting post on this topic. Some men make some good points... My take on this is had Stern stayed at the stadium of lights, his light would have been out.... he would  have struggle to even get past  the 5 goals that Jones have at this point... Roy kean system of play would not have done stern any good, as a matter of fact it's not even workin for KJ.

My next poin is that Stern is not a prem. player maybe five years ago. Mentally stern ent ready for the prem. Championship is his comfrot zone, he has done well there before on several occasions. Even if he is goin through a dry spell he always seems to find himself and do well at this level.
Don't be surprise if he get some interest for one of the teams at the top of the table in the championship. if that's the case, they will only use him once again and get rid of him. Managers know his ability when come to this.

At the end of the day Stern Championship is for u....... U might even be one of the best forwards at this level ever..... Your playing every game yuh scoring to.. Make yuh MONEY meh boy... YUh only getting older... Hope yuh could score for T&T at de rate yuh going at right now.....
Breads Stern was the leading scorer for Birmingham off the bench Steve Bruce buy all kind of strikers and they still could do the job he was called the super sub this is not new to Stern give him enough playing time and he would give you goals plain and simple a lot of the mangers didn’t have enough patients with him
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2008, 02:48:21 PM »

Breads Stern was the leading scorer for Birmingham off the bench Steve Bruce buy all kind of strikers and they still could do the job he was called the super sub this is not new to Stern give him enough playing time and he would give you goals plain and simple a lot of the mangers didn’t have enough patients with him

Clinton Morrisson had 6 league goals in 02-03. Stern had 5 along with Dugarry and Horsfeld. You can't be talking about the year after because Forsell had 17 to Stern's 4 (same as Morrisson)
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2008, 02:51:23 PM »

Clinton Morrisson had 6 league goals in 02-03. Stern had 5 along with Dugarry and Horsfeld. You can't be talking about the year after because Forsell had 17 to Stern's 4 (same as Morrisson)
Nah. Stern had 9 in 02-03.

http://stats.football.co.uk/2002/birmingham.html

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2008, 02:55:06 PM »

Nah. Stern had 9 in 02-03.

http://stats.football.co.uk/2002/birmingham.html

I did specify LEAGUE goals. As in against top flight opposition. If you want to be technical, he scored one against Fulham in the FA Cup, that makes 6

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2008, 03:03:31 PM »

Question...why is it that so many managers seem to have little patience with stern? Stern gets them promoted....but he gets forced down the pecking order. Why?
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2008, 04:18:13 PM »
Stern "Fackin" John

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2008, 04:27:44 PM »

Question...why is it that so many managers seem to have little patience with stern? Stern gets them promoted....but he gets forced down the pecking order. Why?
Actually the question may be why do they have as much patience as they do? I never got the impression that any of his past managers were quick to bench him. If he got benched it was usually because he was going through an extended goal drought. Again, this is my impression. I have no stats on the matter.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2008, 04:39:45 PM »

Actually the question may be why do they have as much patience as they do? I never got the impression that any of his past managers were quick to bench him. If he got benched it was usually because he was going through an extended goal drought. Again, this is my impression. I have no stats on the matter.
And Stern seems to be the kind of player that lets goal droughts affect his confidence to the point where he plays worse and worse.

1]; } ?>