April 28, 2024, 07:16:29 AM

Author Topic: Julius out, Justin Fojo in as T&T prepare for El Salvador friendly.  (Read 5915 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Julius out, Justin Fojo in as T&T prepare for El Salvador.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).
[/size]

A 14-member Trinidad and Tobago squad will resume training on Thursday at the Marvin Lee Stadium ahead of next Wednesday’s friendly international against El Salvador at the Macoya venue.

Head coach Francisco Maturana will continue work with the bunch of home-based pros which includes one of the previously invited US-based players, defender Makan Hislop who arrived in the country last month.

The other players carded to fly in on the weekend to join the team include former MLS player Randi Patterson, signed last week by American A-League club Charleston Battery, College-based striker Kevon Neaves and promising defender Kern Cupid who is a member of W Connection but now attached to Charleston Battery. Also coming in later this week will be midfielder Justin Fojo of Charleston College.

Fojo was named a Freshman All-American in 2007 and also named to the All-Southern Conference second team and the National Soccer Coaches Association of America/adidas All-South Region third team. He played alongside Tobagonian Kareem Yearwood at Charleston. Fojo also attended a training camp hosted by the TTFF in North Carolina in November 2006. The former St Mary’s College student was also one of the players selected from the 2005 edition of the Stern John Skills Award Program to attend the Birmingham City Academy.

Striker Robbie Findley turned down the invitation while Toronto FC Julius James is nursing an injury and unable to make the trip home.

The rest of the team includes W Connection goalkeeper Marvin Phillip, Defence Force defender Akile Edwards, Keston Williams, experience World Cup midfielder Aurtis Whitley, United Petrotrin’s Keon Daniel, Joe Public’s Silas Spann, Jabloteh’s Jason Marcano, Caledonia AIA’s Hayden Tinto, Under 20 team duo Akeem Adams, Jamaal Gay and new call up goalie Glenroy Samuel. Jabloteh’s Khaleem Hyland is on the roster but there is a question mark over his availability. Leston Paul is missing because of his selection for a training stint at Sunderland’s Academy of Light.

Aside from the overseas-pros mentioned in the previous release invited for the March 26 Jamaica game, there is one addition with defender Osei Telesford being added.

English agent Mike Berry explained that while defender Dennis Lawrence came through the full 90 of Swansea City’s encounter on Tuesday, he was still undergoing treatment and remains doubtful for March 26. He added that once Edwards is fit, there would be no question mark over his presence in the squad and is hoping for less conflict over such an appearance which would be his first for the country since a friendly international against Austria in November 2006.

Maturana stated: “We will begin the training with these players. We have two matches in a week which is important because it is all part of the overall preparation for qualification. You have to treat every game with the respect that it needs as it is related to your preparation for the important qualification games,” he told TTFF Media. Wednesday’s game at Macoya kicks off at 6:30pm.

Photos show Justin Fojo at left and Randi Patterson.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 06:28:24 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Julius out, Justin Fojo in as T&T prepare for El Salvador friendly.
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 05:59:26 AM »
no room for hugton hector aye corneal!!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 06:03:24 AM »
I say dat game off. Dey now pick d team what time dat game is? I doubt that game seein me
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 06:05:59 AM »
English agent Mike Berry explained that while defender Dennis Lawrence came through the full 90 of Swansea City’s encounter on Tuesday, he was still undergoing treatment and remains doubtful for March 26.

I tort Lawrence did retire from International football?  ???
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 06:08:42 AM »
I say dat game off. Dey now pick d team what time dat game is? I doubt that game seein me

on the 19th
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2008, 06:09:56 AM »
Like he unretire
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2008, 06:32:36 AM »
Anyone ever saw this Justin Fojo fella play, how good is he ? I assume he was born in T&T ?

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2008, 06:37:47 AM »
Anyone ever saw this Justin Fojo fella play, how good is he ? I assume he was born in T&T ?

The former St Mary’s College student was also one of the players selected from the 2005 edition of the Stern John Skills Award Program to attend the Birmingham City Academy.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2008, 06:38:59 AM »
English agent Mike Berry explained that while defender Dennis Lawrence came through the full 90 of Swansea City’s encounter on Tuesday, he was still undergoing treatment and remains doubtful for March 26.

I tort Lawrence did retire from International football?  ???
my boy Dwight set the precedent ;D
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 06:57:21 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2008, 06:43:30 AM »

The former St Mary’s College student was also one of the players selected from the 2005 edition of the Stern John Skills Award Program to attend the Birmingham City Academy.

VB

I saw that VB, but I was asking first hand, if anyone saw him live.. Stephen DeLas was on the Birmingham City Academy to, but nothing from him, right....

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2008, 07:01:24 AM »

VB

I saw that VB, but I was asking first hand, if anyone saw him live.. Stephen DeLas was on the Birmingham City Academy to, but nothing from him, right....

Yeah he good. Starting first 11 from bout form 3 i think..then he moved away. Seriously....he good.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2008, 07:03:46 AM »
Where in midfield does he play ?

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2008, 07:06:06 AM »
ah know Fojo since he small.... this call up shock meh.... really because i was not sure how active he was still....good lil player...midfield...good passer....good luck Justin
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2008, 07:10:33 AM »
i guess he would be better than most of the other local midfielders

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
  • Man of Faith and Integrity
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2008, 07:13:57 AM »
Where in midfield does he play ?
Plays in c-mid...very technical with excellent passing abilty and composure on the ball. Was one of the most impressive players I saw at the training camp in Charleston, SC last year.
Jesus Christ...King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2008, 07:39:28 AM »
what ever happen to those players in france that expressed interest

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2008, 08:38:38 AM »
I was now going to start ah thread bout dis game.....ah glad it still on BUT.....what time does it start, cuz if it starting anytime before 6 pm...forget it....ah eh in de mood to fight dat traffic on ah Wednesday afternoon....

"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline dervaig

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2008, 08:55:02 AM »
Here's a head up.

Fojo goes to school at College of Charleston, coached by Lundy.

Anton went to school at Erskine College. Who was the coach at
Erskine when Anton was there?

If I am not mistaken, Anton has been following young Fojo for
a couple years. I believe, Fojo went to a camp about
2 years ago in South or North Carolina, and the T&T coaching staff
very much liked his potential at that time.

As a player, Fojo is small in stature, and very much a playmaker.
I won't do the kid any disservice, and compare him to anyone who
has played in red/white/black.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2008, 09:05:22 AM »
Positive.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2008, 09:14:52 AM »
Here's a head up.

So kinda like latas .

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2008, 09:16:59 AM »
so why was'nt FOJO called up for the u-23 and -20 ???

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2008, 09:19:35 AM »
so why was'nt FOJO called up for the u-23 and -20 ???

Anyone know the year he was born?

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
  • Man of Faith and Integrity
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2008, 09:21:08 AM »
Here's a head up.

I saw this kid play and I think he is quality, as I said in my earlier reply, he was one on the most impressive players at that traing camp. I would have taken the kid in my college program right then, but Lundy already had the lock on the player since he was already in his backyard. I've also talked with other coaches in Florida about him and the response has been the same...boss player. Can he be a difference maker for T&T...I'm not sure how he would compare to some of the other players, but I certainly think he is quite talented and will bring some quality and discipline in his game.
Jesus Christ...King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

Offline Youth Baller

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2008, 10:16:20 AM »
This is bullshit that the coach is doing, they are almost a hundred players from Trinidad between the age of 18-21 like Adams and Gay WHO ARE BETTER THAN THEM, that were not called to train so what d ass happen to javed mohammed , kezi lara, and all the hundred others who are better , jerrol forbes, ancil farrier. i dont understand training these under 20 players, including the under 17 keeper. The only thing i could see out of him training them with the national team is the carry their experience to the under 20 set up where they are still nto stand out- talkin about adams and gay , and i know who tehy stand-outs here are because i have about 5 close friends training with the Under-20 pool now. what about robert primus, shevon fredricks"pumpkin", why manners cant get  acall up to national to train, and other numerous other youth forwards and defenders. I COUDL BET MY LIFE THAT UNDER 20 SIDE GOING TO BE ALMOST THE EXACT SIDE FROM UNDER 17 1 YEAR AGO , when the truth is only about 4-5 players from that side are capable at the under-20 level. BULLF*KINSHIT!

Offline doublet750

• Hero Warrior
  • mi nuevo nombre es dinho mi vida es joga bonito
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2008, 10:38:11 AM »
i palyed with justin when we were at Cic at the yougner forms ..

wasnt surprised that he would ever get call up since we small he was always capable......

product of Lafoucade coaching school....very technical on the ball..great passer and vission ..good dribling skill ..only downside was back then he was small and couldnt take body but last time i saw him play(2 yrs ago) he was handling himself very well on d ball ....so i expect now with college up here he is even better

good things in store for him once he keeps his confidence

i remember when we first came to cic (all saitns men would know this) that in the big yard is realii for the older fellas...but we used to always have a ball and so we coulda sweat...2 goal side off and justin used to embarass men ...

even recall us beating the 6 first eleven fellas they had play us ...(scott sealy, khalil mathura, the abraham twins, a dark skin fella who was we striker..and some other fella)....we did we thing with justin as captain

(fojo,luke bibby,me, maurice beggs, snaggs)...hayden martin called us after the game and told us to take part in the first eleven tryouts next year so tht by the time we reach form 5 we go be ready.

used to think with the fellas we had that we woulda all make a national camp ((we lost in the finals of under 14 that year 1-0 to mucurapo))

it had a lil fella to who used to paly for QRC named eamon andersson ...cyah spell he name good but a short lil white fella that was DEaTh.....last i heard he went to england for tryouts after form 1 any news of him??

edit--found a link of an old thread enquiring on eamon anderson...

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=33326.msg388096
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 10:42:07 AM by doublet750 »

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2008, 10:39:21 AM »
This is bullshit that the coach is doing, they are almost a hundred players from Trinidad between the age of 18-21 like Adams and Gay WHO ARE BETTER THAN THEM, that were not called to train so what d ass happen to javed mohammed , kezi lara, and all the hundred others who are better , jerrol forbes, ancil farrier. i dont understand training these under 20 players, including the under 17 keeper. The only thing i could see out of him training them with the national team is the carry their experience to the under 20 set up where they are still nto stand out- talkin about adams and gay , and i know who tehy stand-outs here are because i have about 5 close friends training with the Under-20 pool now. what about robert primus, shevon fredricks"pumpkin", why manners cant get acall up to national to train, and other numerous other youth forwards and defenders. I COUDL BET MY LIFE THAT UNDER 20 SIDE GOING TO BE ALMOST THE EXACT SIDE FROM UNDER 17 1 YEAR AGO , when the truth is only about 4-5 players from that side are capable at the under-20 level. BULLF*KINSHIT!

Easy nah youthman, I understand your frustration but things in T&T football are finally beginning to move away from friend-friend thing as there is pressure on the coaches and administration to perform well. Not everybody can get screen in one day. Don't fret Elijah Manners and all those guys will get their chance sooner rather than later.

Here's a head up.

I saw this kid play and I think he is quality, as I said in my earlier reply, he was one on the most impressive players at that traing camp. I would have taken the kid in my college program right then, but Lundy already had the lock on the player since he was already in his backyard. I've also talked with other coaches in Florida about him and the response has been the same...boss player. Can he be a difference maker for T&T...I'm not sure how he would compare to some of the other players, but I certainly think he is quite talented and will bring some quality and discipline in his game.

Dervaig and CK-1, thanks for the info and 1st hand accounts. Its nice to have people here who can give an accurate report on these unknown palyers.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2008, 11:23:38 AM »
Doublet...Eammon Anderson quit football about 3 yrs ago...he is in England....i will find out some more from his parents.....he was once featured on on World Soccer TV show

Offline Swomp

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2008, 11:33:40 AM »
i palyed with justin when we were at Cic at the yougner forms ..

wasnt surprised that he would ever get call up since we small he was always capable......

product of Lafoucade coaching school....very technical on the ball..great passer and vission ..good dribling skill ..only downside was back then he was small and couldnt take body but last time i saw him play(2 yrs ago) he was handling himself very well on d ball ....so i expect now with college up here he is even better

good things in store for him once he keeps his confidence

i remember when we first came to cic (all saitns men would know this) that in the big yard is realii for the older fellas...but we used to always have a ball and so we coulda sweat...2 goal side off and justin used to embarass men ...

even recall us beating the 6 first eleven fellas they had play us ...(scott sealy, khalil mathura, the abraham twins, a dark skin fella who was we striker..and some other fella)....we did we thing with justin as captain

(fojo,luke bibby,me, maurice beggs, snaggs)...hayden martin called us after the game and told us to take part in the first eleven tryouts next year so tht by the time we reach form 5 we go be ready.

used to think with the fellas we had that we woulda all make a national camp ((we lost in the finals of under 14 that year 1-0 to mucurapo))

it had a lil fella to who used to paly for QRC named eamon andersson ...cyah spell he name good but a short lil white fella that was DEaTh.....last i heard he went to england for tryouts after form 1 any news of him??

edit--found a link of an old thread enquiring on eamon anderson...

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=33326.msg388096

Agreed, Fojo was always a player who stood out more than players in his year. Very technical player fuh real.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2008, 12:19:14 PM »
Very good posts...especially by dervaig and CK1. Good info.

1]; } ?>