May 28, 2024, 10:07:46 PM

Author Topic: We footballers get dey money?  (Read 10987 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: We footballers get dey money?
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2008, 11:39:54 PM »
I guess I must be a little weird, because I see in my newspaper that Jack Warner has paid players with concacaf money. I can't wait to get onto this site and see the shitstorm this story has created.

And all I see is a page full of people cussin each other?

Is this Jack trying to take you all off topic?

I can see that this story is completely accurate, but it quotes Warners friens as confirming he used concacaf money and will put it back later.

I don't know if the laws in Trini are the same, but this is illegal in the UK. You can't just borrow money from one organisation to pay employees of another unless you have some kind of committee or board agreement.

And why can't TTFF pay the money? I thought they had $170 million TT??

It seems unlikely this is money awarded from the arbitration hearing as there would have been a big announcement about the players winning. Also, I think, arbitrations are a public hearing and most of the outcome would b available to everyone.

I reckon this is money paid to the players as match fees for one of the recent matches. 

Even so, its a bit dodgy making allegations without proof. Also, no other UK paper is carrying the story.

However, I'm more interested in what you all think if Warner did use Concacaf funds. Its got to be suspect, and on the same day he's in charge of the FIFA financial committee.

The money is owed by the TTFF to the players.  The money will eventually come from the TTFF's account.  TTFF gets a periodic allottment of cash from CONCACAF (as do all member federations).  The money is being touted as an advance on that allottment.  Nothing illegal.

Creative accounting...courting reprimand maybe.  Illegal...no.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2008, 03:27:32 AM »
The money is owed by the TTFF to the players.  The money will eventually come from the TTFF's account.  TTFF gets a periodic allottment of cash from CONCACAF (as do all member federations).  The money is being touted as an advance on that allottment.  Nothing illegal.

Creative accounting...courting reprimand maybe.  Illegal...no.
OK, that contention is acceptable to me, but still seems a real funny way to do things
I am pregnant with anticipation awaiting the details of the actual transaction.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 03:31:09 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2008, 08:19:04 AM »
Sorry for the delay in relaying the information surrounding this story. It seems a journalist heard bits of rumours about a story thats being released hopefully over the weekend, stemming from an FPATT press release.

As you will appreciate, there is a lot of information that needs to be checked and confirmed before it can be released. Unfortunately, with this story, people as far away as Bangkok needed to be consulted before the information could be released.

As I mentioned, hopefully the story will break this weekend.

Sorry again, for the delay.

Offline ttcom

• Hero Warrior
  • us/trini/jamaican
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2008, 08:41:27 AM »
Jack probably get tip off that the arbitration panel might go in favor of the players. Damage control strategy is , pay the players and make them say a non-disclosure document.
Stupidity is an elemental force for which no earthquake is a match."
-Karl Kraus

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2008, 08:53:32 AM »
Yeah FPATT..you take yuh time with yuh info breds...get all yuh ducks lined up in ah row an all that

:( :(

I still in shock as to what does happen here on de night shift....is Westcoast and Ricky clashin swords hard hard so??.. ??? :o :o....allyuh men in de same time zone, whayz da one?, how long dat soup brewin??

............ de ass is dis?...westcoast does cuss??  ???

man does cuss stink too....WC ah go put yuh in ah cage match wit Berris & BnS and see what go happen oui...my money on you breds

well unless yuh talk bad bout Berris cousin , stern...den ah go hadda put mih money elsewhere
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 14, 2008, 09:15:14 AM »
well unless yuh talk bad bout Berris cousin , stern...den ah go hadda put mih money elsewhere

Oho...so dai'z why he does wear he jockey shorts so tight when Stern name passing...

...anyways I doh cuss, jeezus say dat not nice.  Is only one Ho I duz manners  :angel:

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2008, 09:38:19 AM »
Yeah FPATT, take ya time wid tings

...WC ah go put yuh in ah cage match wit Berris & BnS and see what go happen oui...my money on you breds
man, de onlyest reason is because over de last little while I did take copius amount of notes (if you did see me flippin tru meh notes ya would bawl wid lafter oui)  from Berris,  Shark&Bake ;D and de next one.......ya cyar call he name eh
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 14, 2008, 03:02:18 PM »
Sorry for the delay in relaying the information surrounding this story. It seems a journalist heard bits of rumours about a story thats being released hopefully over the weekend, stemming from an FPATT press release.

As you will appreciate, there is a lot of information that needs to be checked and confirmed before it can be released. Unfortunately, with this story, people as far away as Bangkok needed to be consulted before the information could be released.

As I mentioned, hopefully the story will break this weekend.

Sorry again, for the delay.

Oh gosh man FPATT !!! :waiting: 

All ah we is friends here man...well most of us anyway :whistling:

If yuh have the scope buss it nah man...we ent go tell nobody.

Right now ah feeling like when a brodder take out a best thing and spend he money and when he begging to get a glimps of honey pot, she only telling him "jes now...jes now...wait till everybody gone to sleep." ...all this time is a wake going on.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2008, 05:22:27 PM »
Did they get their money yet after the ruling.  I see them fellas looking happy like Stern John, but havent heard if they get paid yet.

1]; } ?>