April 24, 2024, 01:20:49 AM

Author Topic: Woman stayed in bathroom for 2 years  (Read 2778 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Woman stayed in bathroom for 2 years
« on: March 13, 2008, 08:48:11 AM »
Boyfriend: Phobia caused woman's 2-year bathroom stay
CNN.com

A 35-year-old woman who sat on her boyfriend's toilet for so long that her body was stuck to the seat had a phobia about leaving the bathroom, the boyfriend said.

"She is an adult; she made her own decision," said her boyfriend, Kory McFarren. "I should have gotten help for her sooner; I admit that. But after a while, you kind of get used to it."

The case drew nationwide attention after Ness County Sheriff Bryan Whipple said it appeared the Ness City woman's skin had grown around the seat in the two years she apparently was in the bathroom.

"We pried the toilet seat off with a pry bar and the seat went with her to the hospital," Whipple said. "The hospital removed it."

McFarren, 36, said he can't be certain how long Pam Babcock stayed in the bathroom because "time just went by so quick I can't pinpoint how long." He said beatings she received in her childhood caused her phobia.

"It just kind of happened one day; she went in and had been in there a little while, the next time it was a little longer. Then she got it in her head she was going to stay -- like it was a safe place for her," McFarren said.

But McFarren said she moved around in the bathroom during that time, bathed and changed into the clothes he brought her. He brought food and water to her. They had conversations and had an otherwise normal relationship -- except it all happened in the bathroom.

McFarren said he finally called police February 27 after he became worried because Babcock was acting groggy -- like she didn't know what was going on, except she was awake.

What emergency responders found when they went into bathroom has left residents of this small western Kansas town buzzing, and law enforcement officials incredulous.

Police found the clothed woman sitting on the toilet, her sweat pants down to mid-thigh. She was "somewhat disoriented," and her legs looked like they had atrophied, Whipple said.

"She was not glued. She was not tied. She was just physically stuck by her body," Whipple said. "It is hard to imagine. ... I still have a hard time imagining it myself."

She initially refused emergency medical services, but was finally convinced by responders and her boyfriend that she needed to be checked out at a hospital.

"She said that she didn't need any help, that she was OK and did not want to leave," he said.

Whipple said the county attorney will determine whether any charges should be filed against McFarren.

McFarren, who works at an antique store, said he has been taking care of Babcock for the 16 years they have lived together. He insisted that he tried to coax her out of the bathroom every day.

"And her reply would be, `Maybe tomorrow,"' Whipple said. "According to him, she did not want to leave the bathroom."

She was reported in fair condition Wednesday at a hospital in Wichita, about 150 miles southeast of Ness City. Whipple said she has refused to cooperate with medical providers or law enforcement investigators.

Babcock has an infection in her legs that has damaged her nerves, and there is a possibility she may wind up in a wheelchair, McFarren said.

James Ellis, a neighbor, said he had known the woman since she was a child, but that he had not seen her for at least six years.

"I don't think anybody can make any sense out of it," Ellis said.

Babcock had a tough childhood after her mother died at a young age and apparently was usually kept inside the house as she grew up, he said.

"It really doesn't surprise me," Ellis said. "What surprises me is somebody wasn't called in a bit earlier."
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

truetrini

Re: Woman stayed in bathroom for 2 years
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 09:09:01 AM »
What de arse.     she bamsee grow around de seat yes.

lol

what de ass in truth...she man jes as sick.

eh-eh.

ah speechless.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 11:18:58 AM »
WDMC??

NAH!!!  :rotfl:

and dat man bring she food and water for 2 years??  :o
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 11:29:59 AM »
So how he went to the toilet? And had sex?

He mus be get BJ's galore!
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

truetrini

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 01:33:35 PM »

nasty ass man.  I sure she stay dey looking fuh ah religious experience.

Offline E-man

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2008, 01:37:20 PM »
And had sex?

Maybe they achieved tanktric sex?

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2008, 03:08:59 PM »

*rimshot squared* 
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2008, 03:15:21 PM »
 ??? what madness i reading here  :o
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2008, 03:33:46 PM »

*rimshot squared*

:applause:

Why don't you say wha everybody else thinking? ;D

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2008, 03:39:09 PM »
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2008, 04:08:45 PM »

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2008, 04:24:34 PM »
So many questions about this one.

Did he take off the sweatpants and wash it every weekend?

Did she watch TV or read books in there?

How the hell she was sleeping? Once her legs sore up and she get stuck to the seat she would not be able to even reposition herself.

They will make real money on the talk circuit because this story is amazing.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2008, 04:39:11 PM »
imagine de stench ah she crutch,dat eh see water fuh 2 years.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

truetrini

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2008, 09:31:04 PM »
Woman had phobia of leaving bathroom
She sat on toilet so long her body became stuck to the seat
  updated 6:26 p.m. ET, Thurs., March. 13, 2008

WICHITA, Kan. - A man should be charged for allowing his girlfriend to sit on their toilet so long that her body became stuck to the seat, the sheriff said Thursday.

Ness County Sheriff Bryan Whipple was among authorities who discovered the woman last month living in the bathroom of a mobile home she shared with her boyfriend, Kory McFarren.

“The house was cluttered but not in shambles,” he said. “The smell was overpowering — a terrible smell about the house, obviously coming from where she was at.”

McFarren, 36, told police his girlfriend, Pam Babcock, 35, had a phobia about leaving the bathroom and may not have left the bathroom in two years, although he’s unsure how long she was in there because “time just went by so quick I can’t pinpoint how long.” He said beatings she received in her childhood caused her phobia.

Woman sits on boyfriend's toilet for 2 years
How can skin become fused to a toilet?
“The only thing I am guilty of is I didn’t get her help sooner," he told the Associated Press on Thursday.

McFarren said she moved around in the bathroom during that time, bathed and changed into the clothes he brought her. He brought food and water to her. They had conversations and had an otherwise normal relationship — except it all happened in the bathroom.

The sheriff said that judging by the woman’s condition — she had open sores on which the toilet seat would stick — it appeared she likely sat on the toilet continually for at least a month.

“She would have to be sleeping on the toilet,” the sheriff said.

Whipple asked the county attorney to charge McFarren for mistreatment of a dependent adult. The prosecutor did not return phone calls seeking comment.

“The unfortunate thing is this truly is a case of two people, in my opinion, with diminished mental capacity,” Whipple said.

McFarren, who works at an antique store, said he has been taking care of Babcock for the 16 years they have lived together. He insisted that he tried to coax her out of the bathroom every day. The home has a second bathroom.

He said he finally called police Feb. 27 after he became worried because Babcock was acting groggy — like she didn’t know what was going on, except she was awake.

What emergency responders found when they went into bathroom has left residents of this small western Kansas town buzzing, and law enforcement officials incredulous.

Police found the clothed woman sitting on the toilet, her sweat pants down to mid-thigh. She was “somewhat disoriented,” and her legs looked like they had atrophied, Whipple said.

“She was not glued. She was not tied. She was just physically stuck by her body,” Whipple said. “It is hard to imagine. ... I still have a hard time imagining it myself.”

She initially refused emergency medical services, but was finally convinced by responders and her boyfriend that she needed to be checked out at a hospital.

“She said that she didn’t need any help, that she was OK and did not want to leave,” he said.

Whipple said the county attorney will determine whether any charges should be filed against McFarren.

She was reported in fair condition Wednesday at a hospital in Wichita, about 150 miles southeast of Ness City. Whipple said she has refused to cooperate with medical providers or law enforcement investigators.

Babcock has an infection in her legs that has damaged her nerves, and there is a possibility she may wind up in a wheelchair, McFarren said.

James Ellis, a neighbor, said he had known the woman since she was a child, but that he had not seen her for at least six years.

“I don’t think anybody can make any sense out of it,” Ellis said.

Babcock had a tough childhood after her mother died at a young age and apparently was usually kept inside the house as she grew up, he said.

“It really doesn’t surprise me,” Ellis said. “What surprises me is somebody wasn’t called in a bit earlier.”

© 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2008, 09:42:43 PM »
Very curious as to what the county attorney will come up with regarding de boyfren...

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2008, 09:44:36 PM »
this has got to be one of the most weird stories that I have ever read.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 09:50:48 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

truetrini

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2008, 09:50:08 PM »
is mad people

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2008, 10:06:58 PM »
Tallman yuh lie....... I doe blame she....is she boyfriend fault...he condone that slackness...ah trini man would never let dat happen..within ah day...she ass wuz out d house... :devil:
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2008, 10:13:21 PM »
De man had a captive audience ...in the bathroom, buh he had an otherwise empty bedroom, or did he?

Offline prodigy23

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2008, 11:49:07 AM »
sh*t happens! :-\

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2008, 09:43:31 PM »
Neva a dull momemnt on dis site. Leno talkin bout it as I type
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2008, 11:10:39 PM »
This is one of the most bizarre things that I have ever read... Was she doing this with the hopes of becoming a Jerry Springer episode???

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2008, 12:16:59 PM »
Nah boy....that's all I can say
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2008, 06:18:27 PM »
“The unfortunate thing is this truly is a case of two people, in my opinion, with diminished mental capacity,” Whipple said.

Understatement of the year.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

1]; } ?>