April 19, 2024, 08:54:49 PM

Author Topic: John Terry's comments on Kenwynne  (Read 4152 times)

Offline Cartman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
John Terry's comments on Kenwynne
« on: March 17, 2008, 05:59:18 AM »
There were still encouraging words from Terry, who enthused: "He was fantastic and I have played against him twice now. He's a very good player, probably the best in the air in the entire Premier League. He really is that good. All the lads are talking about him afterwards. If Sunderland can stay up and keep hold of him, they have a fantastic chance of kicking on."

http://www.irishexaminer.com/irishexaminer/pages/story.aspx-qqqg=sport-qqqm=sport-qqqa=sport-qqqid=58020-qqqx=1.asp

Near the bottom
Roy Keane's Red & White Army

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: John Terry's comments on Kenwynne
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 06:17:48 AM »
Thanks Cartman
I appreciate your posts
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 06:24:30 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 07:21:52 AM »
There were still encouraging words from Terry, who enthused: "He was fantastic and I have played against him twice now. He's a very good player, probably the best in the air in the entire Premier League. He really is that good. All the lads are talking about him afterwards. If Sunderland can stay up and keep hold of him, they have a fantastic chance of kicking on."

http://www.irishexaminer.com/irishexaminer/pages/story.aspx-qqqg=sport-qqqm=sport-qqqa=sport-qqqid=58020-qqqx=1.asp

Near the bottom

3 times including W.C. '06
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 07:26:24 AM »
these are only words we want production.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 07:26:34 AM »

Near the bottom

He was on the right wing for that game though. So he ain't had too much dealings with Terry.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 08:15:24 AM »

Near the bottom

He was on the right wing for that game though. So he ain't had too much dealings with Terry.

Watch dat game again.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2008, 08:34:49 AM »

Near the bottom

Watch dat game again.
Ah wrong? Ah thought it was 4-5-1 with Stern up front alone. Then at some point they bring in Cornell.

Or yuh mean ah wrong about him not coming up too much against Terry?

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2008, 08:56:54 AM »

Near the bottom

Watch dat game again.
Ah wrong? Ah thought it was 4-5-1 with Stern up front alone. Then at some point they bring in Cornell.

I think he meant that you were wrong about them not really coming up against eachother..... I can remember distinctly one instance in particular when Terry had to make a sliding tackle to prevent Kenwyne cutting inside the box...other than that, who knows- I'm pretty sure they had some run-ins, nevertheless...my point was that they did play against eachother more than twice (regardless of how often they had direct contact on the field)....but I'm pretty sure that Terry was just referring to their EPL clashes... was just making a passing comment- doh study it.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2008, 09:32:08 AM »

Near the bottom

Watch dat game again.

Nah..We played a 4-4-2 against England and Paraguay. We only played 4-5-1 vs Sweden. KJ played as a central striker alongside Stern and I will go so far as to say, he  never really set foot on the right. In fact, when Cornell came on, he used the flanks more and his best plays came from wide positions. KJ played the same role as he did against bahrain..or as he does now for Sunderland

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2008, 09:47:08 AM »

Near the bottom

Watch dat game again.

Nah..We played a 4-4-2 against England and Paraguay. We only played 4-5-1 vs Sweden. KJ played as a central striker alongside Stern and I will go so far as to say, he  never really set foot on the right. In fact, when Cornell came on, he used the flanks more and his best plays came from wide positions. KJ played the same role as he did against bahrain..or as he does now for Sunderland

You sure? .... hmmmmmm.... guess i doh remember clearly.  :thinking:

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2008, 09:58:52 AM »

Near the bottom

Watch dat game again.

Run de tape... :devil:

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2008, 10:02:33 AM »
To me kenwyne was up front...

but for the goal kicks he would go and station on the right side to take advantage of the mismatch with Ashley Cole...

When Cornell come on he was definitely on the right from then on
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2008, 10:16:37 AM »

Near the bottom

Watch dat game again.

You and me both. Now I confuse bout who start on the right wing now 'cause it wasn't Carlos.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2008, 10:29:18 AM »
Fellas.....John Terry doh hafta have played against him "man-to-man" to know how effective he is as a player. The whole ah Chelsea know how good de man is, dize why all ah dem was talkin' 'bout 'im afta de game.  ;)

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2008, 10:38:11 AM »

Near the bottom

Watch dat game again.

From my recollection, Kenwyne partnered Stern, however......Stern played STRIKER while Kenwyne played FORWARD which meant he had a bit more licence to roam.

As for Terry encountering Kenwyne....it happened throughout the game.  Kenwyne fouled Terry on a few occasions...hustle plays....and Terry took offence to it.  Basically...he was troubling them with his pace and power.  In the 2nd half, Birchall (yes..Birchall who people say cyah pass) played a wonderful thru ball in the area fuh Kenwyne and only a last ditch tackle from Terry prevented Kenwyne from having a good shot on goal.

The ONLY starter that gave the English defence any kind of pressure or harrasment in that game was Kenwyne (and when Cornell came on late as well)
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2008, 10:40:49 AM »

From my recollection, Kenwyne partnered Stern, however......Stern played STRIKER while Kenwyne played FORWARD which meant he had a bit more licence to roam.

As for Terry encountering Kenwyne....it happened throughout the game.  Kenwyne fouled Terry on a few occasions...hustle plays....and Terry took offence to it.  Basically...he was troubling them with his pace and power.  In the 2nd half, Birchall (yes..Birchall who people say cyah pass) played a wonderful thru ball in the area fuh Kenwyne and only a last ditch tackle from Terry prevented Kenwyne from having a good shot on goal.

The ONLY starter that gave the English defence any kind of pressure or harrasment in that game was Kenwyne (and when Cornell came on late as well)

Yup, that's the one instance that stood out in my mind....

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2008, 11:08:05 AM »
All dat talk not helping Sunderland stay up.
They real scrunting for goals.  At least one header he should have scored but hit it too sorf.

Take a page out of Keane book and start to play bad mind KJ....yuh see how Terry is hook man arm so that the ref cah see.....yuh hadda play like yuh life depended on scoring a goal.  Use your size and rough up dem fellahs...I find he taking it too easy on dem playing nice....give some men a sore shoulder or a buss head like Dog   :devil:

Doh listen to all that empty talk...nobody friad a striker who not scoring...is empty flattery dem glad to praise u after u eh score against them.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 11:10:48 AM by dcs »

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2008, 01:58:03 PM »
Patronising garbage

Wouldn't of said anything if he had of scored one of the sitters he missed

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2008, 02:17:45 PM »
Jones is not a good finisher so he is always going to struggle to get goals.

He has the zess, the fight and the physical attributes but when it comes time to put it in the net it does not come natural to him.

The fact is he spent most of his young  life as defense and midfield.
he needs to learn how to finish.

they should hire a finishing coach and if he work on it for the next 2 years or so he would eventually develop into a goal scoring forward.

Jones scoring between 10-15 goals in a season nothing more.

If he learn to finish this can bump up to 20-25 but it will take time and work.

The best thing suderland can do is buy a finisher and let jones done the busy work until he develops.

Like everything thing else it takes time.

Look at any of the games jones play for Trinidad Bahrain in Bahrain for example he had many chances could not hit the target.

if he could finish one of those 2 headers would be in the back of the net and Sunderland would be thinking he is a star.

With the right work Jones would be ready in 2 years, I hope keene and them willing to work with him.

for Trinidad sake as well.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2008, 02:37:34 PM »
knd2 ah hear what u say and ah agree to extent but using what u say

i would have to say based on ths season's performance rooney aint  ah natural finisher either

still think jones shoulda score 1 of those headers

and ah still vex with terry 4 clearing john goal off d line in Germany
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2008, 02:40:34 PM »
knd2 ah hear what u say and ah agree to extent but using what u say

i would have to say based on ths season's performance rooney aint  ah natural finisher either

still think jones shoulda score 1 of those headers

and ah still vex with terry 4 clearing john goal off d line in Germany

You still vex... not you alone bredda... Everytime I hear he have back injury, I does say it good fuh he...

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2008, 03:09:49 PM »

He has the zess, the fight and the physical attributes but when it comes time to put it in the net it does not come natural to him.

they should hire a finishing coach and if he work on it for the next 2 years or so he would eventually develop into a goal scoring forward.

The best thing suderland can do is buy a finisher and let jones done the busy work until he develops.

Look at any of the games jones play for Trinidad Bahrain in Bahrain for example he had many chances could not hit the target.

if he could finish one of those 2 headers would be in the back of the net and Sunderland would be thinking he is a star.

With the right work Jones would be ready in 2 years, I hope keene and them willing to work with him.

Strange to say but he does has an awful lot to learn, running into/creating space, attacking dangerous areas front post back post., composure and finishing I am sure they are working on him, but also need a different range of passing to able him to learn those things.

Strangely enough sunderland did have a similar forward a few years back Marco, who was raw and fast, he was lucky enough to have Eric Gates beside him, who used to tell him where when to run, he was the making of him.

The present club chairman was a good forward and no doubt could teach KJ quite a bit, not being blessed with KJ spring or speed, but was better than him on the above areas.  The problem is it maybe seen as interfering with RK so I doubt it will happen. 

He needs someone to play off him, with him that has natural movement and finishing, its the only real way he is going to learn.

If sunderland don't survive and a silly offer comes in, I wouldn't be that disapointed if the club takes it to be frank, something I probably wouldn't of said a couple of months ago.

truetrini

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2008, 03:28:35 PM »

KND stick tuh d=f**king tiddley winks and jam toti.

what de f**k you know about who is good striker,a nd who is natural finisher.

You remind me ah de english buller who say dat yorke will never be a striker in the English premier league.
History show him (the english buller) to be something round dat comes out of a goat's bamsee...yuh have ah reputation fuh talking shit...yuh sure yuh eh round like pebbles?

Yuh sheep shit

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2008, 04:12:56 PM »
KJ have the rightous man to learn from. Yorke can show him what to do in practice even if he is not playing next to him on the field.

True Trini HYMC

I know everything there is to know about top knotch finishing.

I see it with my own eyes from the best finisher that TnT ever had, Stern John.

Even when stern was 11 years old he was slow and used to fall down all the time, weaky weaky. but even in small goal with the big boys he knew where to stand up and how to pass the ball in the goal.
Them things you cannot teach
and them thing you cannot explain

you have to experience it.

Ask yourself if Jones was not build like a sprinter and had the leap of a high jump champion if he would be on the squad.

Then ask the same question about stern John.

He fast like a snail and have the work rate of  a sunday morning pri-modonna
but even at 31 going on 32 he still slotting them home.

Why?

You have to experience it.

I talking from experience.
you talking up your ass  :rotfl:

truetrini

« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2008, 04:32:33 PM »
KJ have the rightous man to learn from. Yorke can show him what to do in practice even if he is not playing next to him on the field.

True Trini HYMC

I know everything there is to know about top knotch finishing.

I see it with my own eyes from the best finisher that TnT ever had, Stern John.

Even when stern was 11 years old he was slow and used to fall down all the time, weaky weaky. but even in small goal with the big boys he knew where to stand up and how to pass the ball in the goal.
Them things you cannot teach
and them thing you cannot explain

you have to experience it.

Ask yourself if Jones was not build like a sprinter and had the leap of a high jump champion if he would be on the squad.

Then ask the same question about stern John.

He fast like a snail and have the work rate of  a sunday morning pri-modonna
but even at 31 going on 32 he still slotting them home.

Why?

You have to experience it.

I talking from experience.
you talking up your ass  :rotfl:

I look at ah surgery on TV live..with my own f**king eyes too.  dat eh mean I could go and enhance ah woman tot-tots.

And I have plenty experience with breasticles too.

KND1, KND2 Knd tuh de f**king power x  yuh is ah noted shit talker and fuh dat yuh should get ah damn award...leave de football tuh footballers nah..yuhcould only kick toepee and yuh break yuh toe on ah green breadfruit arready.

steups

stop talking shit nah

truetrini

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2008, 04:36:38 PM »
talking from experience eh, since yuh seem tuh like to invoke experience...I experienceing yuh ta-ta years now..and guess what/

yuh still goat mouth yuh still talking shit and yuh still is KND....shit taker par excellence

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2008, 05:18:35 PM »
I happened to watch  the T&T - England game last Friday on DVD. The description palos gave is accurate. He was actually drifting out to the right but it wasn't right wing. There was one play when he ran on to a Birchall pass toward the right touch line and wrestled with Terry to get the ball before it rolled out. Terry used his experience and to be honest never looked disturbed, KJ had to do lot of work to even challenge for the ball so props for him there. Another Birchall pass into the sauce was cleared out by Terry before a stampeding Jones could get on the end of it. 

Most of the long balls aimed at him were met by English defenders (Ferdinand and Terry), which wasn't necessarily his fault. To me Stern looked a lot more comfortable than Jones. Except you won't get Stern to run at nobody.

I think he (Jones) is developing a reputation of being a miserable kind of striker, kinda irritating because he will chase everything and doh give yuh ( a defender) a break. I think It would be better to have a reputation  of a scorer than an eminent threat .

I sure even Jones himself knows that he has A LOT of work to do to become a good striker. Its a pity that he isn't the understudy at Sunderland. That is where Stern might have been useful.

Playing all those games at that level can't do anything but help him mature.

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2008, 06:08:02 PM »
Jones and Terry did clash in the WC game . right after Terry cleared the ball off the line, KJ fouled him and got a yellow card.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2008, 07:33:19 PM »
nice to hear it, cuz them expert analysts at fox football friday who are PAID to notice these things... didnt seem to.

either way i suppose we all have our opinions... but again... good to hear.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2008, 07:33:35 PM »
I coulda swear KND say they need to hire a "fishing coach" yes...I was about to agree, they need something to keep them active in the fast approaching off-season.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 10:36:03 PM by Bake n Shark »

1]; } ?>