April 29, 2024, 10:35:54 AM

Author Topic: Carlos Keeping Stum  (Read 2143 times)

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
Carlos Keeping Stum
« on: March 17, 2008, 06:46:33 AM »
Doesn't want to get drawn into it and can't blame the lad.

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/safc/Carlos-staying-clear-of-club.3884868.jp

Carlos staying clear of club v country row
[/color][/size]

Carlos Edwards is content to let others squabble over him in the club-versus-country row surrounding his call-up by Trinidad & Tobago.
Edwards – who returned from a broken leg by starting Saturday's loss to Chelsea – was named along with clubmate Kenwyne Jones in the T&T squad for a friendly with Jamaica on March 26.

If they go, the Sunderland pair would probably not return to Wearside until the eve of their club's Premier League home game against West Ham United on March 29.

Black Cats' boss Roy Keane does not want them to go, but T&T seem determined the duo should travel.

Edwards, who had been out since December 1, said: "There's not much I can do, to be honest, except sit tight and wait and see what happens.

"It's out of my hands.

"I'm employed by Sunderland, but the Trinidad & Tobago Football Federation want me to go there.

"To be fair to Sunderland, they are looking out for their well-being and my well-being because I haven't played competitive football for a while.

"I hope the T&T FF understand that.

"But I'm just going to sit tight and hopefully Sunderland and T&T will come to an agreement and we can all smile about it."

New T&T coach Francisco Maturana says it's important the Sunderland stars go to the Jamaican capital Kingston because the game is part of their country's preparations for 2010
World Cup qualifiers.

After Jones played in a midweek friendly against Guadeloupe last month, Keane floated the idea of hiring a private jet to bring his players back to England quicker.

And he said last week: "We'll have to speak to the T&T people because it is a friendly match and we have a very important match against West Ham a couple of days later.

"I can appreciate that the T&T manager wants to do well, but it's a friendly.

"And, as far as Carlos is concerned, he has hardly played this season so I think it's a bit unfair on him to pick him just yet.

"But if they have to go then arranging a jet is something we will definitely look at because that will make a big difference in terms of getting them back early.

"It'll be expensive but there are a few other British-based players who might be playing in the game and we might look to split the cost with other clubs."

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
Re: Carlos Keeping Stum
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 07:06:23 AM »
Ahhhhh, why don't they just fly back via B'dos? B'dos has got airlines with two flights leaving per day. They can be on a plane back to England within hours of the J'ca match if arrangements are made properly.
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 07:38:12 AM »
Carlos would rather stay where he is and continue his recovery. Hopefully, the TTFF can respect that.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 09:20:07 AM »
Ahhhhh, why don't they just fly back via B'dos? B'dos has got airlines with two flights leaving per day. They can be on a plane back to England within hours of the J'ca match if arrangements are made properly.

By the time the next HEX come around that wouldn't be a problem cause we go have we own jet by then  ;D

Papers should be signing today, but ah don't think the jet would be ready by the time we play J'ca.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline banton

• Hero Warrior
  • football in meh veins football in meh blood
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWOxnWoXKI
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 11:16:15 AM »
its not just a friendly its jamaica ...... this more important than sunderland -newcastle match up 
football in meh veins football in meh blood

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 11:56:59 AM »
its not just a friendly its jamaica ...... this more important than sunderland -newcastle match up 

i agree, like england vs germany  ;D
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2008, 12:31:58 PM »
I say fack the TTFF  and dey qualifying horse shyte retoric!!!! they should've thought about that when they ban the whole bloody team in oct 2006, now they're talking about 2010 when jack was being spiteful all along 06 and 07 loud sttuueepppsss!! is now they know we trying to make it to SA2010.  carlos stay where yuh is fardder!  fack TTFF  >:(  :'(
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2008, 01:56:46 PM »

Yeah right, there is no more important match than that one.

Fishy fishy

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2008, 02:40:02 PM »
they could use manning jet
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2008, 04:06:23 PM »
they could use manning jet

true true  :D
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2008, 06:05:50 PM »
Carlos would rather stay where he is and continue his recovery. Hopefully, the TTFF can respect that.
Where did he say that..?

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2008, 06:57:01 PM »
Where did he say that..?
Read between the lines:

"To be fair to Sunderland, they are looking out for their well-being and my well-being because I haven't played competitive football for a while.

"I hope the T&TFF understand that."

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2008, 02:19:57 AM »
It will be interesting to see how long Carlos and Kenwyn play in the game, especially Carlos given the circumstances.

1]; } ?>