April 24, 2024, 01:17:53 PM

Author Topic: Warriornation Scholarship  (Read 5006 times)

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warriornation Scholarship
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2008, 02:32:45 PM »
This is a good idea but we cannot just collect money for the Scholarship.

What we need is a charitable arm of the warrior nation maybe called the warrior nation foundation. We can collect money and keep it and then use for what ever cause we see fit.

us soccer foundation is an example of this.

The money collected could go for scholarship, improving fields in Trinidad, equipment, coaching courses, all kind of thing.

But logistically we will need to start small.

We had the food drive for Christmas but only a few people give, this is where it starts

But this is how things start we gradually build up.

Have no fear one day Warrior nation will sponsor lights for a community field in Trinidad and give out several scholarships
But it will take time.

All we need is a Priest.

When Jack go for confession one day we get the priest to tell him,
Say 10 hail marys and give back 10% to football organization,
All thief does change their ways because the want to get past Saint Peter, so have no fear day of reckoning is coming soon

Then money go flow in like peas in Christmas time
So have no fear the money will come.

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2008, 04:51:33 PM »
Tallman if you out there ring in on this typic.
De administration (SATs, student visa, accomodation etc.) of such a ting would be a nightmare unless yuh have a proper structure. Also, tertiary education in T&T is freeco now, so why send someone on a football scholarship unless dey exceptionally good, which if dey are, dey would most likely have been offered one by a college already.

I always wanted to do something like that but I think we should have aWarriorNation Player of the Yr or most improved
Player Prize at the end of the Local Football Season.  Give the player some prize money
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Eldo man

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2008, 07:40:56 PM »
What do you think about a football(soccer)Scholarship to a male/female student in Trinidad and Tobago to get a college degree in the US? If 300 members give $20US to this venture, it can be done. The logistic can be work out by some knowledgeable member on the forum. What do you think?

Here are my thoughts.....As some men said before, there is no need to give a player a scholarship. If he/she is good enough they will get a scholarship.. Giving ah s**t hound dollars would not make sence, especially if he on de bench and cah get no sweat. I say earn your scholarship form a coach..

As a former foot-ball player in de states, who was only on tuition money.  Sometimes coming up with money to buy booke was hard, meal plan money was hard to find also. So I think if people want to give, a good idea will be to give to  players who  not on a full ride, books,  a meal plan, buy ah man boots... In this way more that one man could get something. it could be anyway between $500-$1000. just a rough figure.

To determine who gets money could be really simple.If ah man get  ah 2.8 GPA and higher he could be eligible. We could say 3.0 but that might be ah bit too high, cause not all ballers is books men.
I am sure ah man on this forum could organize this..

Now the next thing is, yuh know it have some smart who will want that lil $500 and ent really need it.... I say send yuh transcript to Warriornation, then they could contact de coach to see if that man is not on a full ride. Once that is determine, the check should be made payable to the books store, or meal plan people, (what ever yuh wah call it). food money and books money, best way to go.

Just my thoughts...

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2008, 07:52:56 PM »
good idea, i would support it...

Offline ttcom

• Hero Warrior
  • us/trini/jamaican
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2008, 08:04:42 AM »
I like the response so far. Let's keep the focus on scholarship. We can work on a youth development project(camp) at another time or in tandem with the scholarship project. WN can open accounts for the both projects. Forumites can post a thread for Criteria of Selection. Just throwing out some ideas.
Stupidity is an elemental force for which no earthquake is a match."
-Karl Kraus

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2008, 08:46:52 AM »
Nice idea...but how much ppl pay the membership fee? Far less contributing money for a scholarship? And what happens the following years....we have to sign a contract to make sure everybody put the money they promise? Cause it will be horrible to send the yute up there and then ppl bail out and we cah afford to pay for the rest of the years in school.

And then there is the huge issue of selection and nepotism, I sure real ppl on this board will have somebody they know who they want to link with a schol whether he be from the area or family or a brethren.

It's a nice idea though but a lot of thinking, planning and trust have to go into making it happen. I culd see this being the breeding ground for more jack warners when they start to see the money they could make off of ppl love for football.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

1]; } ?>