April 27, 2024, 04:26:52 PM

Poll

Has Ronaldinho joined Pele and Maradona as the best player in his era?

Yes
25 (47.2%)
No
28 (52.8%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Author Topic: Ronaldinho Thread  (Read 202915 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Official 2010/2011 Transfers/Rumours thread
« Reply #1020 on: May 05, 2010, 07:20:44 AM »
Silva open to United move.
By: Soccernet staff.

Valencia star David Silva has revealed he would be interested in joining Manchester United this summer.

Silva, 24, has long been linked with a move away from the Mestalla due to the club's financial problems, and United are rumoured to be interested.

The Spain star insists he would be happy to stay at Valencia but, should they cash in during the summer, he would welcome a move to Old Trafford.

"When you hear a club like Manchester United is interested in you it is an honour," he said in the Daily Express. "I am very aware of the Premier League, and in recent years it has been the stand-out league in the world.

"If it came calling, especially if it was a club like Manchester United, it would be very hard to resist. I am happy at Valencia but every player has his price and if they get an offer they think is good business anything is possible."
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: May 05, 2010, 12:23:03 PM »
Come and get me plea

I will take him once it doesnt cost a fortune...I like his versatility..not to mention he is pure Quality

Somehow I think Modric is a better fit at United though..he's proven in the EPL and we could probably get Modic by sending Carrick and some cash

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: May 05, 2010, 02:18:21 PM »
So nobody in for Fletcherinho, de best midfielder in de world?

I hope Valencia can hold on to their players.
At least they could promise them another CL run.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: May 05, 2010, 03:04:27 PM »

not for sale...lol

Take yuh time Fletcher is a boss...the best CDM in the EPL..pure heart and passion and improving every season...a true Red.. he'll be a legend one day...he's only 26 too

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: May 05, 2010, 03:10:13 PM »

not for sale...lol

Take yuh time Fletcher is a boss...the best CDM in the EPL..pure heart and passion and improving every season...a true Red.. he'll be a legend one day...he's only 26 too

I read this post and one obscene response pass thru my mind on reflex yes... thanks small mag for making me sin my soul on ah wednesday... steups

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: May 05, 2010, 03:44:10 PM »

not for sale...lol

I read this post and one obscene response pass thru my mind on reflex yes... thanks small mag for making me sin my soul on ah wednesday... steups

well in all honesty I forgot about Essien but I would say Essien edges him but at least Fletch is always fit  ;)

Offline 2cents

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • FPL Vibes
« Reply #1026 on: May 05, 2010, 05:52:24 PM »
Come and get me plea

I will take him once it doesnt cost a fortune...I like his versatility..not to mention he is pure Quality

Somehow I think Modric is a better fit at United though..he's proven in the EPL and we could probably get Modic by sending Carrick and some cash

Spurs in Champions League now so I hopin that they don't sell Modric now. I jus don't wanna c that guy at Utd. This could be ah Berbatov all over again. Once again he did absolutely nothing in the game against City today.
It's only kinky the 1st time

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: May 05, 2010, 05:54:25 PM »
Jes curious

How yuh go have a Official Rumor?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

giggsy11

« Reply #1028 on: May 05, 2010, 06:14:30 PM »

not for sale...lol

well in all honesty I forgot about Essien but I would say Essien edges him but at least Fletch is always fit  ;)

Hope you knocked on wood when you typed that.

giggsy11

« Reply #1029 on: May 05, 2010, 06:17:13 PM »
Jes curious

How yuh go have a Official Rumor?

It's official it is jus a rumor?

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: May 11, 2010, 11:32:11 AM »
Black Cats land Riveros
Bruce signs South American midfielder on three-year-deal

Sunderland have agreed a deal to bring midfielder Cristian Riveros to the Stadium of Light.

Steve Bruce has made his first summer signing soon after the end of the Premier League season by bringing the Paraguay international to Wearside.

The 27-year-old, who has been playing his club football in Mexico with Cruz Azul, has put pen to paper on a three-year contract with Sunderland, who ended the season in 13th place after Sunday's 2-1 defeat to Wolves.

Bruce said: "We have been monitoring Cristian for a while now, so I'm delighted to have concluded a deal which will bring him to Sunderland and the Barclays Premier League.

"He is a very creative midfielder and a player that will enhance our attacking options from wide positions for next season."

Riveros, who has represented Paraguay 45 times, scoring eight goals told the club's official website: "The League is very competitive and Sunderland have shown good trust in me as a person and as a footballer.

"The history is good and I'm delighted to be joining the club."
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6147740,00.html

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: May 17, 2010, 07:49:10 AM »
Chelsea ready to make their move for Torres.
By: Harry Harris (Soccernet.com).

Fernando Torres wants Champions League football

Fernando Torres will be the subject of a world record bid from Chelsea within days. The total package of transfer fee and salary will make Torres a staggering £130 million investment. And Soccernet has been informed that owner Roman Abramovich is personally taking control of the project to bring the Liverpool striker to Chelsea.

Torres has been linked with Chelsea, Manchester City, Barcelona and Real Madrid for a some time but the Blues will be first to make a concrete offer.

Abramovich is ready to release the cash following a Premier League and FA Cup double this season, but he is also acutely aware he could cut an alternative deal with Liverpool in need of new players.

Chelsea are willing to offer three players in part exchange, as an option to smooth through the Torres transfer.

Abramovich is also prepared to match City's expected offer to Torres of £200,000-a-week, which is being mooted via the middle men now authorised to try and clinch the deal.

An insider told Soccernet: "Torres is the best, and Roman wants the best. He has identified Torres as the player who can help him bring the Champions League to Stamford Bridge.

"Torres can go to City for just as much money perhaps even more, but it's clear that Chelsea offer far more in terms of a crack at the Champions League whereas City aren't even in it."

Chelsea are drawing up a list of players to offer to Liverpool in part exchange for Torres that could take the overall transfer value above the £80 million world record Real Madrid paid for Cristiano Ronaldo.

The deal could be structured like this; pick any three players from a specified list plus £40 million cash up front for Torres. That offer, according to Soccernet sources, will be made well ahead of the World Cup finals in South Africa, and most likely early next week.

With the three players averaging around £15 million each, the total valuation of the Torres offer would be in excess of the Ronaldo fee.

Abramovich is personally spearheading the quest to land Torres, and his manager Carlo Ancelotti will consider which players to use as bait to tempt Liverpool: Jose Bosingwa, Nicolas Anelka, Ricardo Carvalho, Deco, Salomon Kalou and Paulo Ferreira.

Anelka is the one player the Italian coach might be reluctant to offer up and, of course, the Frenchman might not wish to return to Anfield - although he has expressed regret at failing to win a permanent move to the club after spending a loan spell on Merseyside.

Manchester City are also in a position to offer Liverpool a shopping list of swap players, as well as a cash payment in excess of Chelsea's, but the prospect of joining the Double winners and a club intent on landing the Champions League would be far more appealing.

Liverpool owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett are battling with losses of £54.9 million, a net debt of £351 million, no Champions League football and with new chairman Martin Broughton an appointee of the club's bank RBS, a £40 million cash-plus-players bid for their star asset will clearly be accepted.

Ironically, Broughton is a Chelsea season ticket holder, and any decision to sell would inevitably make him unpopular at Anfield.

Such is the ground work being prpeared at the Bridge for the Torres bid, that star striker Didier Drogba is already ready to welcome him to the club.

"Of course I would welcome Torres," Drogba said last week. "Every time a new player comes here, it makes the club bigger and gives us a lot of strength. If there is a chance for him to come here, he will be welcome, because any help is welcome.''

Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline 2cents

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • FPL Vibes
« Reply #1032 on: May 19, 2010, 06:11:29 AM »
Striker David Villa moves to Barcelona from Valencia 

Villa had been targeted by a number of Premier League clubs
David Villa will be unveiled as a Barcelona player on Friday after completing a £34.2m move from Valencia.

The Spain international has signed a four-year deal and is the first summer capture for the Catalan club, with Cesc Fabregas also said to be a target.

Villa, 28, is due in Barcelona on Thursday and is booked for a medical.

The top scorer at Euro 2008 despite missing the final through injury, he had reportedly attracted interest from Manchester United and Chelsea.

The man from Asturias, in the north of Spain, is a regular in his country's first team and will be highly fancied to make a big impact at the World Cup.

His arrival at Barcelona is likely to lead to increased speculation over the futures of strikers Thierry Henry and Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

606: DEBATE
He was one player that was constantly linked with Manchester United last year and this as well. It will be interesting to hear from him this week considering he wanted to join us

redevilmatthe
After a board meeting at Valencia on Wednesday morning, Manuel Llorente, the president of the club known as "Los Che", said they had accepted Barca's offer.

"We have sold David Villa to Barcelona for 40 million euros," he told a news conference at the Mestalla.

"As everyone knows we could have done this deal last year but we thought at that moment it was best to keep our squad together to try and get into the Champions League.

"We have achieved that aim and finished third in the league, and he has contributed a lot towards this. We think it is a good sale and necessary for the economic situation of the club."

Barcelona's outgoing president Joan Laporta claimed on Tuesday the club were "satisfied" with the 21-goal contribution of Ibrahimovic in his first season since arriving from Inter Milan.

Henry appears to be on the verge of a move to Major League Soccer, with Laporta revealing there was "a lot of interest" in the 32-year-old French forward from the United States.

It's only kinky the 1st time

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: May 19, 2010, 07:57:27 AM »

VILLA OK

Barça will pay in total 50 million € for the first reinforcement of the season 2010/2011.

El Guaje (28 years) will sign a 4-year contract + 1 and will be presented this week.

Més que un club.

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: May 19, 2010, 09:07:57 AM »
Striker David Villa moves to Barcelona from Valencia 

Villa had been targeted by a number of Premier League clubs
David Villa will be unveiled as a Barcelona player on Friday after completing a £34.2m move from Valencia.

The Spain international has signed a four-year deal and is the first summer capture for the Catalan club, with Cesc Fabregas also said to be a target.

Villa, 28, is due in Barcelona on Thursday and is booked for a medical.

The top scorer at Euro 2008 despite missing the final through injury, he had reportedly attracted interest from Manchester United and Chelsea.

The man from Asturias, in the north of Spain, is a regular in his country's first team and will be highly fancied to make a big impact at the World Cup.

His arrival at Barcelona is likely to lead to increased speculation over the futures of strikers Thierry Henry and Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

606: DEBATE
He was one player that was constantly linked with Manchester United last year and this as well. It will be interesting to hear from him this week considering he wanted to join us

redevilmatthe
After a board meeting at Valencia on Wednesday morning, Manuel Llorente, the president of the club known as "Los Che", said they had accepted Barca's offer.

"We have sold David Villa to Barcelona for 40 million euros," he told a news conference at the Mestalla.

"As everyone knows we could have done this deal last year but we thought at that moment it was best to keep our squad together to try and get into the Champions League.

"We have achieved that aim and finished third in the league, and he has contributed a lot towards this. We think it is a good sale and necessary for the economic situation of the club."

Barcelona's outgoing president Joan Laporta claimed on Tuesday the club were "satisfied" with the 21-goal contribution of Ibrahimovic in his first season since arriving from Inter Milan.

Henry appears to be on the verge of a move to Major League Soccer, with Laporta revealing there was "a lot of interest" in the 32-year-old French forward from the United States.

this is huge! the only thing to over shadow this is if chelsea is able to get torres.
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline kingdavid

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: May 19, 2010, 01:47:53 PM »
Jose Mourinho admits his only options this summer are to stick with Inter Milan or move on to Real Madrid.

The Portuguese coach has helped to bring the glory days back to Inter during his time in Italy, with the club currently on the brink of an unprecedented Treble.

With the Serie A title and Italian Cup already in the bag, Saturday's UEFA Champions League final against Bayern Munich is all that stands between Mourinho and another slice of history.

Such success could lead him to head for the exits, with the former Chelsea boss always keen to take on a new challenge.

A switch to Real would certainly provide him with a stiff test, with the Spanish giants having seen arch-rivals Barcelona successfully defend their Primera Liga crown this season.

Mourinho has revealed that he would be foolish to turn down such an opportunity were it to arise, but he has also refused to rule out the possibility of sticking around at Giuseppe Meazza.

Clear conscience
"My only options are Madrid or Inter," he told Marca.

"To get me to leave this club after two years of incredible work, only Real Madrid could achieve that. If I go, I will move with a clear conscience having changed the club."

Mourinho is yet to be contacted by Real, who continue to employ Manuel Pellegrini as their manager at present, but admits he would welcome the opportunity to join such a prestigious club in the future.

"All I say is that if you are a coach or a great player to not play in a club like Madrid, leaves a hole in your career," he added.

"I want to coach Real 100 per cent. If it is next year or later, I can't say."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11835_6162254,00.html

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: May 19, 2010, 03:23:04 PM »
Sky Sports are reporting that Man City have made an official offer of £20m for James Milner.
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11677_6163375,00.html

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: May 20, 2010, 11:31:17 AM »
First picture of David Villa in Barcelona.

Més que un club.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: May 23, 2010, 06:52:32 AM »
West Ham bid for Henry
By Soccernet staff
May 22, 2010
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=789386&sec=transfers&cc=5901

West Ham have made an audacious bid to sign Thierry Henry in a move which would see the Frenchman become the highest-paid player in their history.

Henry has been heavily linked with a move away from Barcelona with reports indicating Major League Soccer side New York Red Bulls would be his most likely destination.

However, West Ham joint chairman David Sullivan has revealed he wants to sign theformer Arsenal striker and it is reported he is willing to offer him a two-year deal worth around £75,000 a week, more than £7.5 million in total.

"We're trying to assemble a more prolific strike force at West Ham and I'd love to have Henry here," Sullivan told The Sun. "Our club is in debt but a striker of his quality and standing would make it a great deal.

"Henry is still up there with the best."I've made an offer which would make him the highest-paid player in the club's history."And it's a serious offer because Henry could walk into almost any Premier League side.''

West Ham are still on the hunt for a new manager and it's likely that the first job of any new boss will be to re-assemble a squad, starting with the club's plethora of strikers.

While Carlton Cole was the Hammers' most consistent striker, he still only netted ten Premier League goals, with only three of them scored in 2010. Alessandro Diamanti netted seven, though he is the club's designated penlaty taker, and youngster Zavon Hines has shown glimpses of his potential.

But Guillermo Franco, Mido, Benni McCarthy and Ilan have flattered to deceive, with McCarthy and Mido - both players with proven premier League goalscoring records - failing to score a single goal since arriving in the January transfer window.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: May 26, 2010, 01:39:29 PM »
good signing by birmingham...

Birmingham seal signing of giant striker Nikola Zigic

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/b/birmingham_city/8704954.stm

Birmingham have completed the signing of giant Serbian striker Nikola Zigic from Spanish side Valencia.

The 29-year-old, who stands at 6ft 8in and is set to play in the World Cup, has joined the Midlands club on a four-year deal for an undisclosed fee.

Blues boss Alex McLeish was reportedly willing to pay Valencia £6m for the hitman, who cost Los Che £15m in 2007.

Zigic has scored 16 goals in 42 games for Serbia, who face Germany, Australia and Ghana in Group D this summer.

Birmingham have also been linked with moves for Wigan winger Charles N'Zogbia and Fulham left-back Paul Konchesky.

During his three-year stint at the Mestalla, Zigic lived in the shadow of superstar striker David Villa, although last week the Spaniard signed for champions Barcelona for £34m.

Zigic had arrived in Spain in 2006 at Racing, after netting 71 goals in 110 games for Red Star Belgrade.

He managed 12 goals in La Liga during his debut season before moving on to Valencia but, with Villa often preferred in the lone role up front, his chances were limited.

A loan spell back at Racing during the second half of the 2008/09 campaign resulted in him scoring 13 times in only 19 appearances, while last season he registered nine goals in 28 games for Valencia.

Zigic is a crucial part of the Serbian national side and has been tipped by coach Raddy Antic to shine at the World Cup in South Africa.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: May 26, 2010, 02:06:40 PM »
Real Madrid fired Pelligrini.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: May 26, 2010, 02:10:38 PM »

Eto'o...
Makalele...
Del Bosque...
Capello...
Owen...
Robben...
Sneijder...
Pellegrini...

This club and their decision making, steups. "Menos que un club!"

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: May 26, 2010, 02:36:15 PM »

Eto'o...
Makalele...
Del Bosque...
Capello...
Owen...
Robben...
Sneijder...
Pellegrini...

Seedorf...
Cambiasso...
Zamorano...

Dat club exists only to supply Inter wid fresh talent

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: May 26, 2010, 02:39:55 PM »

Eto'o...
Makalele...
Del Bosque...
Capello...
Owen...
Robben...
Sneijder...
Pellegrini...

Mind yuh business.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: May 26, 2010, 02:42:04 PM »

Eto'o...
Makalele...
Del Bosque...
Capello...
Owen...
Robben...
Sneijder...
Pellegrini...

Seedorf...
Cambiasso...
Zamorano...

Dat club exists only to supply Inter wid fresh talent

Doh forget Solari and Walter Samuel...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: May 26, 2010, 02:43:12 PM »
good signing by birmingham...

Birmingham seal signing of giant striker Nikola Zigic

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/b/birmingham_city/8704954.stm

Birmingham have completed the signing of giant Serbian striker Nikola Zigic from Spanish side Valencia.

The 29-year-old, who stands at 6ft 8in and is set to play in the World Cup, has joined the Midlands club on a four-year deal for an undisclosed fee.

Blues boss Alex McLeish was reportedly willing to pay Valencia £6m for the hitman, who cost Los Che £15m in 2007.

Zigic has scored 16 goals in 42 games for Serbia, who face Germany, Australia and Ghana in Group D this summer.

Birmingham have also been linked with moves for Wigan winger Charles N'Zogbia and Fulham left-back Paul Konchesky.

During his three-year stint at the Mestalla, Zigic lived in the shadow of superstar striker David Villa, although last week the Spaniard signed for champions Barcelona for £34m.

Zigic had arrived in Spain in 2006 at Racing, after netting 71 goals in 110 games for Red Star Belgrade.

He managed 12 goals in La Liga during his debut season before moving on to Valencia but, with Villa often preferred in the lone role up front, his chances were limited.

A loan spell back at Racing during the second half of the 2008/09 campaign resulted in him scoring 13 times in only 19 appearances, while last season he registered nine goals in 28 games for Valencia.

Zigic is a crucial part of the Serbian national side and has been tipped by coach Raddy Antic to shine at the World Cup in South Africa.

This is a wonderful signing for Birmingham City!!

I am surprised that no one else snapped this player up!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: June 02, 2010, 07:13:56 AM »
reported on sky italia that krasic has signed..if not 90+ % close to signing for juventus...fingers crossed..fingers crossed he'd be the perfect heir to nedved..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: June 02, 2010, 07:59:54 PM »
reported on sky italia that krasic has signed..if not 90+ % close to signing for juventus...fingers crossed..fingers crossed he'd be the perfect heir to nedved..

What a stupid move if correct... He is way too much quality to go there now... he was on United's,Barca and Real's radar...

Didnt Juve finish 7th and have no European footy?

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Barca, DO SO!
« Reply #1049 on: June 05, 2010, 09:26:06 AM »
CESC SAGA

before i go any further in this rant, i like(d) Barca, before and after they beat arsenal in champs league finals and in champs league season gone, respect pep and the gang for what they achieve the last two seasons...

BUT

Barca have been "tapping up" cesc blatantly in the papers, even more so after his comment

here are the facts that were reiterated by the clubs official statement last week

Cesc publicly said his future is in arsene wengers hands
he is our captain and part of our future plans
he is under contract until 2015
barca's first bid was rejected by the club (30 mil which is insulting to the player and club)
arsenal are not interested in negotiating the sale of their player, meaning unless they see a figure too good to pass up barca should fuhgeddaboudit

yet dispite arsenals firm statement last week, all sorts of barca board members, wannabe board memebrs and playing staff continue the underhanded comments and behaviour running thier mouths off to the press, and i am sure cesc is getting all sorts of picong in the spanish camp

i mean seriously if manu can hold off real and still get 80mil for Ronaldo. Why the heck arsenal cant get upwards of 60mil for cesc? its disgusting the way ppl call arsenal cheap but when we have a class player that other clubs want they approach with disgustingly low offers

AND barca still OWE arsenal for Henry AND Helb??? i meant wtf Barca? yuh owe us money yuh make an offer half the minimum value the player is to us AND yuh haven't paid off the last two yuh buy?

Barca, DO SO!

1]; } ?>