March 28, 2024, 10:18:32 AM

Poll

Has Ronaldinho joined Pele and Maradona as the best player in his era?

Yes
25 (47.2%)
No
28 (52.8%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Author Topic: Ronaldinho Thread  (Read 200553 times)

Offline makaveli

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Barca, DO SO!
« Reply #1050 on: June 05, 2010, 01:34:24 PM »
I hate hypocrisy. Arsenal tap up young players from Spain and Italy all the time due to the said countries labour laws. Cesc and Fran Merida are two players Arsenal lured away from the Nou Camp. It irritates me that they have the nerve to criticize Barca or any other club. Note they only stepped up their pursuit when Cesc indicated he wanted to LEAVE.  After all is said and done Cesc will be a Barca player come Setember, thias the bottom line!!

Aresenal has won 2 TITLES in 7 years Barca has won 7 TITLES in two years, why the arse he will want to stay with them when he could play with arguably the best Barca side ever.

In addition if you didn't know, that's what's people/clubs do when they bargain, of course Cesc is worth more that 30 million. I don't know about you but if I could save an 5- 15 million dollars on a transfer I would do all I can to do it, which means offers and counter offers. Put yourself in Barca's shoes, 60 million for a player they moulded?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 01:42:21 PM by makaveli »

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: June 05, 2010, 02:04:28 PM »
on your first note, we do not publicly "tap up" players we buy young and develop because we don't have the financial backing like some other clubs, also ALL clubs scout young talent not just arsenal, we are just good at it
as for "tapping up" we have the largest network of scouts, we talk with the players family and the final choice is for the player/players family and some times their club to argee, you think is chelski or manu or city didnt have the fund they wouldnt do the same or are doing the same as arsenal? ninja please

two, cant compare epl to la liga, or i should say la liga de dos (barca and real) we all know he will go back to barca, but we wont let him go till the price is right OR contract runs out

three, moulded? get real he was a talent before, he became the finished player he is by being groomed at arsenal

giggsy11

« Reply #1052 on: June 05, 2010, 02:27:42 PM »
So why this not on Arsenal forever thread? Cesc should go-Arsenal keep having the same deficiencies in their side year in and year out. Where is the improvement or ambition? At this rate he will be 29 and Arsene9 will still be waiting for the "young side" to come good while they still playing men out of postion with a League one defence and goalie. Life is to short-man haul arse oui!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: June 05, 2010, 02:33:21 PM »
I hate hypocrisy. Arsenal tap up young players from Spain and Italy all the time due to the said countries labour laws. Cesc and Fran Merida are two players Arsenal lured away from the Nou Camp. It irritates me that they have the nerve to criticize Barca or any other club. Note they only stepped up their pursuit when Cesc indicated he wanted to LEAVE.  After all is said and done Cesc will be a Barca player come Setember, thias the bottom line!!

Aresenal has won 2 TITLES in 7 years Barca has won 7 TITLES in two years, why the arse he will want to stay with them when he could play with arguably the best Barca side ever.

In addition if you didn't know, that's what's people/clubs do when they bargain, of course Cesc is worth more that 30 million. I don't know about you but if I could save an 5- 15 million dollars on a transfer I would do all I can to do it, which means offers and counter offers. Put yourself in Barca's shoes, 60 million for a player they moulded?

I against the whole "tapping up" idea but otherwisde I doh really have a dog in dis fight... I just wanted to respond to the bolded.  England operates under the same set of labor laws as Spain and Italy so yuh can't imply that Arsenal takes advantage of other countries labor laws... at least not other European countries.  Secondly, I believe what GunnerStunner referring to is what he sees as a low-ball offer... whether it is or isn't could be up for debate... but there is such a thing as a 'good faith' offer when bargaining.

All that aside, as a fan I might be upset too but really and truly the ball is in Arsenal's court... if what going on at Camp Nou is so offensive then Arsenal should file a complaint with UEFA, I sure the confederation has rules against tampering with players under contract.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: June 05, 2010, 02:50:01 PM »
all good points bake, honstly if they stump up 60-80mil and pay off for henry and helb i cool
but
barca loaned out to the gills they almost as broke as real cept real is backed y the king of spain

and giggsy ole man, this ia about barca behavior about the transfer in the public eye, soemthing that will torment the player
yuh forget how many years real n barca hunted for ronaldo???? how quickly yuh fuhget when yuh sell yuh golden boy yuh side ketch it arse? didnt manu make a deal not keep him for one season but let him go for 80mil the next?

we cant just selll him and have our pockets lined and then go backwards?? yuh nuts or what? arsenal have cash now to buy the keeper and extra central defender we need

why sell cesc? we need him, he is under contract, its only good business, barca feel they smart

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: June 05, 2010, 03:05:23 PM »
all good points bake, honstly if they stump up 60-80mil and pay off for henry and helb i cool
but
barca loaned out to the gills they almost as broke as real cept real is backed y the king of spain

yeah but yuh cyah complain that Barca still owing allyuh fuh dem two players... is Arsenal complaining?  I dunno what terms they made the transfer under... was payments to be in some kinda installment?  Besides, is precisely b/c they broke they need to try and invest more in the club to keep winning and selling jerseys, lol.  Although they done stock so rich with talent yuh could argue they eh truly need him, but...

Offline richpy

• Sr. Warrior
  • *Marta is ah boss*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: June 05, 2010, 04:00:40 PM »
Barca low-balling is true, and what make it worse is they doing the same thing with Yaya Toure that Arsenal doing with Fabregas-slapping a big price tag on the player.

However, Barca not unsettling Fabregas, he is the one dying to change clubs.

Ketch footballitis

Offline xixgon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: June 05, 2010, 04:09:18 PM »
Cesc should just go next season to take over (or start to) from Xavi - Barca eh goin anywhere - but it would be at a better time for both teams, the player and easier for the fans to take (similar to Ronaldo's departure from Utd).

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: June 06, 2010, 03:23:25 PM »
but

yeah but yuh cyah complain that Barca still owing allyuh fuh dem two players... is Arsenal complaining?  I dunno what terms they made the transfer under... was payments to be in some kinda installment?  Besides, is precisely b/c they broke they need to try and invest more in the club to keep winning and selling jerseys, lol.  Although they done stock so rich with talent yuh could argue they eh truly need him, but...
[/quote

arsneal not complaining, but juan laporta say they made a "fair market value" offer???? wtf?? for a player who has 5 years on his contract? club captain? intergral part of the team? and 30mil is fair? hell no arsenal nto saying what they  will sell him for, barc have to keep upping their offer until we say ok

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: June 06, 2010, 03:25:10 PM »
Cesc should just go next season to take over (or start to) from Xavi - Barca eh goin anywhere - but it would be at a better time for both teams, the player and easier for the fans to take (similar to Ronaldo's departure from Utd).
1 its not entierly up to cesc he has a contrac and a very expensive buy out clause
2 wouldnt you just love it if cesc wasnt in the epl next season
3 ronaldo stayed one season once the agreement on his price was agreed the season BEFORE

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
Re: Official 2010/2011 Transfers/Rumours thread
« Reply #1060 on: June 08, 2010, 06:06:12 AM »
City prepared to make Torres world's richest player
By Harry Harris, Football Correspondent

Manchester City are prepared to make Fernando Torres the world's richest footballer in an attempt to land the Liverpool striker, but he is ready to turn them down in favour of a move to Chelsea, Soccernet understands.

GettyImages

Fernando Torres: Chelsea and Manchester City are fighting over his signature

One of the men at the centre of secret talks about a possible move has disclosed that while City are ready to outbid Chelsea, Torres is more interested in playing Champions League football next season.

"City were ready to offer Fernando Torres a huge contract, and by that I mean the biggest for any footballer anywhere in the world," the source told Soccernet. "But Torres said 'no', he was not interested."

Although no formal contract offer can be made by City as they have not agreed any fee with Liverpool, the middlemen have been working feverishly behind the scenes.

Torres has been made aware of the enormous salary being put in front of his advisors to tempt him to Eastlands, with the deal reportedly equal to the phenomenal wages Cristiano Ronaldo commands at Real Madrid - more than £200,000-a-week plus image rights and bonuses....

Read More http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=792978&cc=3888

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: June 08, 2010, 09:02:20 AM »
Come on Roman let's get the boy in a uniform quickly!! ;D

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Adriano to Roma
« Reply #1062 on: June 08, 2010, 02:35:48 PM »
Adriano deal almost done
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11854_6197380,00.html

Adriano has undergone a medical at Roma ahead of his return to Italy and is to be officially unveiled on Wednesday.

The Serie A outfit have called a press conference for 5pm local time at which they are expected to announce the signing.

No further details of the deal have yet been announced, as Roma continue to play their cards close to their chest.

It is, however, expected that negotiations will pass without a hitch and Adriano will put pen to paper on a long-term contract.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
Re: Adriano to Roma
« Reply #1063 on: June 09, 2010, 11:19:40 AM »
Adriano deal almost done
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11854_6197380,00.html

Adriano has undergone a medical at Roma ahead of his return to Italy and is to be officially unveiled on Wednesday.

The Serie A outfit have called a press conference for 5pm local time at which they are expected to announce the signing.

No further details of the deal have yet been announced, as Roma continue to play their cards close to their chest.

It is, however, expected that negotiations will pass without a hitch and Adriano will put pen to paper on a long-term contract.

I give up on da head case oui!!  Jose give da man rell chances, he and Queresma!

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: June 09, 2010, 08:05:20 PM »
reported on sky italia that krasic has signed..if not 90+ % close to signing for juventus...fingers crossed..fingers crossed he'd be the perfect heir to nedved..

What a stupid move if correct... He is way too much quality to go there now... he was on United's,Barca and Real's radar...

Didnt Juve finish 7th and have no European footy?

stupid move? homie juventus is a big side 1897 to 2006 till management messed us up but we're getting back there once d side purges a few players and brings in the right ones like what we're doin now with a competent management...plus u cant expect him to move to clubs that havent put in bid for him...and it isnt about CL football for everyone especially when they know the tradition and prestige of the club

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1065 on: June 15, 2010, 06:33:58 PM »
Chelsea make £50 million bid for Torres
By Harry Harris, Football Correspondent

Chelsea are waiting to hear back from Liverpool having lodged a £50 million bid for Fernando Torres, according to a transfer insider.

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich has given the green light to what would be the biggest domestic transfer in Premier League history, but will have to out bid Manchester City.

An insider close to the negotiations told Soccernet: "There have been two verbal offers for Torres, Chelsea are willing to pay £50 million, but Manchester City offered verbally £25 million more!

"Liverpool would naturally want the bigger sum, but Torres as made it perfectly clear that he won't be joining Manchester City, even though City would go as high as £200,000-a-week wages.

"Even so Chelsea would pay Torres £140,000-a-week and when you're at that level, the important thing for the player is to go to a club with Champions League football and the chance of winning the major honours.

Liverpool, who are still to appoint a new manager after parting company with Rafael Benitez last month, have not formally acknowledged Chelsea's approach.

The blues are also in the hunt to sign Yossi Benayoun from the Anfield club and Soccernet's source expects both players to be at Stamford Bridge next season.

"If you are asking my opinion both Torres and Benayoun will go to Chelsea, the Benayoun deal is very close to completion, but Torres won't be sorted out now until after the World Cup Finals."
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: June 15, 2010, 09:05:04 PM »
but

arsneal not complaining, but juan laporta say they made a "fair market value" offer???? wtf?? for a player who has 5 years on his contract? club captain? intergral part of the team? and 30mil is fair? hell no arsenal nto saying what they  will sell him for, barc have to keep upping their offer until we say ok

Wait! You complaining 'bout a lowball  offer but allyuh not willing to name a price? Something wrong with dat logic.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: June 15, 2010, 09:39:32 PM »
but how is everybody tellin man city to eff off so?....city was offering much higher than juventus for milos krasic but he say hell no he aint wanna go to city (to england for that matter)...so is like cska want d bigger money but u cant force a player to go where he aint wanna go....juventus will eventually work out somthin...

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: June 16, 2010, 12:01:25 PM »
but

Wait! You complaining 'bout a lowball  offer but allyuh not willing to name a price? Something wrong with dat logic.

If deh eh tranfer list him then why they puttin ah price tag for?  Traditionally when teams going after a player that isn't being shopped they have to go higher than general valuation of the player than lower.  I doubt you or anyone think the offer made thus far comes close to reasonable for Cesc when you factor skills, age and current contract years remaining (5).  Barca shouldn't start at anything less than 50m if they serious.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: June 22, 2010, 10:53:24 AM »
Good signing for Bolton (if he stays fit)...on ah free transfer too.

Petrov joins Bolton
Skysports.com

Bulgaria winger Martin Petrov has agreed to join Bolton Wanderers on a free transfer after leaving Manchester City.

The 31-year-old was released from City this summer after his contract at Eastlands expired, with manager Roberto Mancini deciding not to renew terms.

Petrov's signing will be seen as something of a coup for the Trotters in capturing a player with proven ability and who impressed in his early days in the Premier League after joining from Atletico Madrid.

He becomes Bolton boss Owen Coyle's first full signing of the summer at the Reebok Stadium, with the former Burnley managed expected to make more additions in the coming months.

Petrov initially enjoyed a successful stint in then-manager Sven Goran Eriksson's City team, however once the Swede departed and the big-money takeover by the Abu Dhabi United Group took place, the midfielder saw his chances become more limited by new players and a succession of injuries.

Overall he made 66 appearances for City, scoring 12 goals, some of which were outstanding strikes with his powerful left foot and he has also won 77 caps for his country.

He joins Bolton on 1st July under the Bosman ruling and he had also been linked with a move to Aston Villa.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: June 28, 2010, 10:47:15 AM »
Fabiano wants United move
Sevilla star rules out summer switch to Tottenham

Brazil striker Luis Fabiano has issued a come-and-get-me plea to Manchester United after ruling out a move to Tottenham.

The Sevilla star does not want to sign a new contract with the Spanish club and he is a target of AC Milan.

Fabiano, who scored twice against Ivory Coast in the group stages of the World Cup, is attracted by Milan, but he is also keen on a move to United, where he would be able to play alongside Wayne Rooney.

Sevilla have said they will not sell the 29-year-old, however, he is desperate to secure a move that will give him a chance to win the UEFA Champions League.

Fabiano told the Daily Star Sunday: "I have a real chance of winning a World Cup here in South Africa, and that is what I must stay focused on even though I know my future has to be sorted soon.

"I have made it clear that I will not be signing a new contract with Sevilla and at 29 I now need to join a club where I can start challenging for the highest honours from the first season.

"I have heard Tottenham Hotspur made an inquiry about me but, with all respect, that is not somewhere I am going to be able to win the Premier League or the European Cup in the next three or four years.

Giant
"There would be no point in me joining Tottenham. I might as well stay at Sevilla, as it's the same thing. Sevilla are actually bigger when you look at how much we have been in the European Cup, so there would be no point me moving to a smaller team.

"The choice will come down to Manchester United and AC Milan. That is the sort of team I want to be signing for, one of the true giants of Europe.

"I think the way Manchester United play football is very attractive, I must be honest and say Premier League football attracts me and also the way Manchester United play football attracts me.

"You think about being Wayne Rooney's strike partner and that is very attractive for any striker.

"I think the style of Premier League football suits me and I think I could score goals and be very successful there.

"Their coach is a winner, their players are winners and they are one of the few teams in Europe challenging for the top honours season after season.

"As soon as the World Cup is over I will make a quick decision on my future - and while it is going on I hope Sevilla can open discussions. I have enjoyed my time here but I now need to be at a giant."
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11827_6232361,00.html

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: June 28, 2010, 02:01:27 PM »
I dont think we will buy him

1) we have no money apparently

2) He does not seem like a Manchester United player...something about him does not fit the bill

He is a class act but I personally dont like him, I think he's a bit arrogant and stink but he can finish with deadly effect

If he comes he comes

Btw..Looks like Fergie made a great singing in Hernandez....for 21 his understanding as a striker is very impressive...reminds me of Michael Owen back in the day..playing off the last man...his hold up play is impressive, he isnt weak..he can head, he has a great leap for flick on's and he seems to have alot of pace...and my god can he finish

Can't wait to see him in action with United

If we are playing 4-2-3-1 next season we better find a creative mid to sit behind Wazza or else we are screwed..If we have to depend on Park or Giggs in that position Chelsea may as well start smiling

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: June 28, 2010, 09:37:07 PM »
Real confirm deal for Argentina winger Angel di Maria

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/8770168.stm

Spanish club Real Madrid have confirmed they have reached an agreement with Benfica over the transfer of Argentina winger Angel di Maria.

His switch to the Bernabeu, on a six-year deal, is reported to be worth 25 million euros (£20.3m).

The 22-year-old, who is currently part of his country's World Cup squad, becomes Jose Mourinho's first signing since taking charge at Real last month.

Di Maria moved to Portugal in 2007 from Argentine side Rosario Central.

The attacking midfielder has started all four of his country's World Cup matches so far, playing on the left side of a central three - although he has not yet hit top form in South Africa.

Di Maria won the World Under-20 Championship with Argentina in 2007 and scored the extra-time winner against Holland in the final of the 2008 Olympic Games.

But he especially caught the eye of Europe's top clubs last season as he helped Benfica to a Portuguese league and cup Double.

Despite reported interest from elsewhere, Di Maria has opted to become the first player to join Mourinho in Madrid since the ex-Inter, Chelsea and Porto boss signed a four-year deal with the Spanish giants on 31 May.

Real have been linked with several top names since Mourinho was appointed, notably England captain Steven Gerrard.

Mourinho's first signing as Chelsea manager was Portuguese full-back Paulo Ferreira, while his first major capture at Inter was another compatriot - Ricardo Quaresma.

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: June 29, 2010, 07:26:01 PM »
Balotelli 'happy' with Gunners interest
RivalsDMPRINT EMAIL RSS ADD THIS 2 comments »Updated Jun 29, 2010 9:07 AM ET
Mario Balotelli is flattered by Arsenal's reported interest, with Manchester City also said to be tracking the Inter Milan striker's situation.

The highly-rated 19-year-old is said to be a target of Arsene Wenger's side as well as a number of other European clubs.

Balotelli - who hit the headlines for his spats with former manager Jose Mourinho - insisted he was happy that Rafa Benitez had been installed as Inter manager following his departure from Liverpool.

However, he couldn't hide his delight at being subject to speculation, with former Nerazzurri and Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini also believed to be keen on his services.

"I'm ready for Benitez and I'm happy that he has talked well of me," said the Italy Under-21 international.

"But I'm happy also that Arsenal likes me. Staying at Inter? Now let's see. Roberto Mancini? He gave me my debut in Serie A."

He laughed off suggestions of a city switch to rivals AC, adding: "Go to Milan? Of course not!"

Balotelli's agent has played down suggestions of an impending deal, revealing that Benitez does not want to part company with the front man.

Mino Raiola told Radio Radio tv: "I spoke with Inter, which has a project. I don't think Balotelli is on the market but I don't know if they want (him to) play."

Empty barrels make the most noise

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: June 30, 2010, 07:04:26 AM »
Meanwhile at City....

Manchester City agree to sign David Silva from Valencia for £30m

• 'I am thrilled about playing in England with Manchester City'
• Roberto Mancini: 'We are bringing the best players here'

Manchester City have reached agreement with Valencia to sign Spain forward David Silva for £30m.

The 24-year-old, who is currently at the World Cup with his national squad, has agreed a four-year deal at Eastlands.

Silva told the club's website: "Firstly I would like to thank Valencia as a club and all of their loyal fans, and my team-mates there and staff. I have enjoyed six years at Valencia, they discovered me as a footballer and they will always be a special club for me.

"The time is right for me to seek a new challenge, and I am thrilled about playing in England with Manchester City. I believe the Premier League is one of the best competitions in the world and I want to bring success to City and win trophies for them.

"There has been a lot of speculation about me in the British and Spanish media, and I need to fully concentrate on playing for Spain in the World Cup. That is why my advisors have been dealing with City for me, so that I can have my attentions only on South Africa and playing well for my national team."

Silva, who came through the youth ranks at Valencia after joining the club at the age of 14, has not featured much at the current World Cup, playing only in Spain's opening loss to Switzerland.

City boss Roberto Mancini said: "I think that David Silva is one of the best midfielders in Europe, and I hope he will be a very important player for Manchester City. I am so pleased he is coming to us, I think he can make a big, big impact for Manchester City.

"In signing David, we are showing the world that we are bringing the best players here and that we hope to compete to win the Premier League. When players see what is happening at Manchester City and the ambition they are attracted to what we are building and want to be a part of it."

City are again expected to be highly active in the transfer market this summer and a deal for Barcelona midfielder Yaya Touré is also thought to be close. That would unite the Ivory Coast international with his brother Kolo, the City captain.

Silva will undergo a medical and the transfer will be formally completed once his involvement in South Africa is over.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jun/30/david-silva-manchester-city-valencia

City should be making a case for the prem this season.....

while over in Stretford,Manchester we cannot buy a free Joe Cole

I'll still bet we finish higher than City  ;D

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: June 30, 2010, 07:45:00 AM »
Small  Mag allyuh eh have nuttin to worry about. I am a big United hater, but have to say, Fergie always gets the most out of his players. All they need is a winger, and hold onto Vidic and allyuh good. Maybe a trequartista too, but not as essential in the English game i think.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: June 30, 2010, 09:36:50 AM »
Small  Mag allyuh eh have nuttin to worry about. I am a big United hater, but have to say, Fergie always gets the most out of his players. All they need is a winger, and hold onto Vidic and allyuh good. Maybe a trequartista too, but not as essential in the English game i think.

I dont think we need a winger

We have Nani and Valencia as the main 2.... Obertan,Park and even Giggs ... Wazza can play there if needed but we have enough depth there

We have enough CM'S but all are either defensive or deep lying playmakers.. we dont have an attacking midfielder..a creative spark in the team other than Rooney but Rooney plays up top alone so he cannot drop deep because we'll have no height in the attack...not height as in being tall but as in shape on the field......Berba can be a creative spark but I think we need a midfielder who can play off of Fletcher and Hargo/Scholes and create opportunities for the wingers and Wazza...example Modric or Ozil would be ideal... but I would take Joe Cole anyday(plus he's free)

and yes holding onto Vidic is vital..If he wants to leave then he can go..30+ million please and Fergie will find a replacement
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 09:44:05 AM by Small Magician aka Wazza »

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: June 30, 2010, 09:49:18 AM »
Thats what Man Utd come to? Diving in for Chelsea scraps?

Joe Cole gone thru since that injury, kinda sorry to see him go but business is business and he not starting on Chelsea side but he want big paper... thats why its no really big concern to lose him to a rival cause he's not the Joe Cole of 2 years ago, I think he'll go the way of Damien Duff.

I looking to see what man utd do in the transfer market, but if they don't spend they gone thru this year.. Men like Scholes, Giggs and Neville are way past their sell by date now but Ferguson will still want to give them a bligh. Ferdinand health looking shaky and Rooney need help plus Berbatov in a mess.

And if yuh really hinging yuh hopes on a first-year-in-the-EPL Mexican then good luck with that. Instant success simply never happens for latin players in the EPL (especially small ones playing forward) and i doubt i'll be proven wrong.

With Arsenal losing Fabregas, Man Utd in a state, Liverpool in a mess, the side to watch this year might be Man City.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: June 30, 2010, 09:55:38 AM »
Thats what Man Utd come to? Diving in for Chelsea scraps?

Joe Cole gone thru since that injury, kinda sorry to see him go but business is business and he not starting on Chelsea side but he want big paper... thats why its no really big concern to lose him to a rival cause he's not the Joe Cole of 2 years ago, I think he'll go the way of Damien Duff.

I looking to see what man utd do in the transfer market, but if they don't spend they gone thru this year.. Men like Scholes, Giggs and Neville are way past their sell by date now but Ferguson will still want to give them a bligh. Ferdinand health looking shaky and Rooney need help plus Berbatov in a mess.

And if yuh really hinging yuh hopes on a first-year-in-the-EPL Mexican then good luck with that. Instant success simply never happens for latin players in the EPL (especially small ones playing forward) and i doubt i'll be proven wrong.

With Arsenal losing Fabregas, Man Utd in a state, Liverpool in a mess, the side to watch this year might be Man City.

I agree with most parts...but we will not be depending on Chicarito to win us trophies...he is there to help the forward line...most United fans cant understand why Fergie will not buy a CAM to play behind Rooney as there is none in the team...he uses Giggs and Park in that position which at times did well but most times were not as good...

Also Joe Cole is still a boss...some of the Chelsea players have come out and said they cant believe he's been let go...wherever he goes he'll be a boss....

but your right If we dont buy at least 1 more and fail to keep hold of Vidic then Chelsea and City will be the favourites in my opinion

but we wont make it easy...so beware

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: June 30, 2010, 11:37:42 AM »
W. Sneijder on the radar too.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

1]; } ?>