April 23, 2024, 11:02:55 AM

Poll

Has Ronaldinho joined Pele and Maradona as the best player in his era?

Yes
25 (47.2%)
No
28 (52.8%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Author Topic: Ronaldinho Thread  (Read 202233 times)

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Official 2010/2011 Transfers/Rumours thread
« Reply #1080 on: June 30, 2010, 09:25:12 PM »
Marcos, it's beyond me why United didnt include Wesley in the Ronaldo deal...even Robben too..at that point they were both on their way out... both went on to have massive seasons

anyway...dinho check this:

Hernandez puts foot down
Fifa has officially announced that Mexico and new Manchester United striker Javier Hernandez is the fastest player at the World Cup in South Africa, with a top speed of 19.97mph. That compares with Usain Bolt's average speed of 23mph when running 100m in 9.58sec.

I thought he was quick...didnt know he was the fastest at the cup lol

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: July 01, 2010, 07:33:18 AM »
Marcos, it's beyond me why United didnt include Wesley in the Ronaldo deal...even Robben too..at that point they were both on their way out... both went on to have massive seasons

anyway...dinho check this:

Hernandez puts foot down
Fifa has officially announced that Mexico and new Manchester United striker Javier Hernandez is the fastest player at the World Cup in South Africa, with a top speed of 19.97mph. That compares with Usain Bolt's average speed of 23mph when running 100m in 9.58sec.

I thought he was quick...didnt know he was the fastest at the cup lol

yeah, i really didnt realize he was that fast either.

he still eh passing Carvalho though lol..

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: July 02, 2010, 10:58:53 AM »
Blues bag Benayoun
Skysports.com

Israel midfielder joins from Liverpool on three-year deal

Chelsea have confirmed the signing of Yossi Benayoun on a three-year contract from Liverpool.

The Israel international has spent the past three years at Anfield, having previously spent time with West Ham.

He is a proven Premier League performer who possesses the skill to unlock defences, although he was not always a regular starter with the Reds.

Benayoun admitted towards the end of last season that his future was far from certain and speculation has steadily been mounting over a move to Stamford Bridge.

The Blues have now snapped up the 30-year-old for an undisclosed amount believed to be in the region of £5million.

Happy
Manager Carlo Ancelotti is thrilled to have bolstered his attacking options with the acquisition of the versatile Benayoun, having allowed playmaker Joe Cole and midfielder Michael Ballack to leave at the end of their contracts.

"We are happy to have this new player," Ancelotti told Chelsea's official website.

"Yossi has a lot of quality in midfield and can play in lots of positions. I like his behaviour on the pitch and he will do a great job for us next season."

Benayoun also expressed his delight at finalising the move and set his sights on a productive spell with the club.

"I am very excited to come to a club like Chelsea, it is a big club and I think it is a dream for every player," he said.

"Hopefully we will be successful."
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: July 02, 2010, 11:11:19 AM »
Bruce seals Egyptian swoop
Skysports.com

Al-Muhammadi joins on season-long loan

Sunderland have completed their third signing of the summer after landing Egypt international Ahmed Al-Muhammadi on a season-long loan.

The Black Cats agreed a deal with ENPPI for the 22-year-old's services earlier this week and he has now joined after passing a routine medial.

The 42-cap international is the club's third capture of the close season following the arrivals of Cruz Azul's Cristian Riveros and Belgian keeper Simon Mignolet.

Sunderland have the option of securing Al-Muhammadi's signature permanently next summer should he impress in his debut campaign in England's top flight.

He began his career with hometown club Ghazl El-Mehalla, making his first-team debut for the Farmers aged just 17 before moving to Cairo-based ENPPI in 2006.

Delighted
Black Cats boss Steve Bruce has expressed his delighted at capturing the Egypt international, stating he has been a long-term target for the club.

"We're delighted to get the deal done," said Bruce. "Ahmed is a player we've been aware of for a long time and we know exactly what he will bring to the squad.

"His pace and direct style will be an asset to us and give the team an extra dimension on the right-hand side.

"At only 22 he is already an experienced international, which will serve him well as he adjusts to life in the Premier League.

"I expect it will take him time to settle but Ahmed is a player who can have a big impact in this division and we welcome him to the club."
Warrior Nation Member At Large

giggsy11

« Reply #1084 on: July 02, 2010, 12:58:31 PM »
Balotelli 'happy' with Gunners interest
RivalsDMPRINT EMAIL RSS ADD THIS 2 comments »Updated Jun 29, 2010 9:07 AM ET
Mario Balotelli is flattered by Arsenal's reported interest, with Manchester City also said to be tracking the Inter Milan striker's situation.

The highly-rated 19-year-old is said to be a target of Arsene Wenger's side as well as a number of other European clubs.

Balotelli - who hit the headlines for his spats with former manager Jose Mourinho - insisted he was happy that Rafa Benitez had been installed as Inter manager following his departure from Liverpool.

However, he couldn't hide his delight at being subject to speculation, with former Nerazzurri and Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini also believed to be keen on his services.

"I'm ready for Benitez and I'm happy that he has talked well of me," said the Italy Under-21 international.

"But I'm happy also that Arsenal likes me. Staying at Inter? Now let's see. Roberto Mancini? He gave me my debut in Serie A."

He laughed off suggestions of a city switch to rivals AC, adding: "Go to Milan? Of course not!"

Balotelli's agent has played down suggestions of an impending deal, revealing that Benitez does not want to part company with the front man.

Mino Raiola told Radio Radio tv: "I spoke with Inter, which has a project. I don't think Balotelli is on the market but I don't know if they want (him to) play."

I fear for Balotelli under Rafa. He might end up just like that boy the black dutch foward for pool who got stuck out on the winger. The boy can't see his way. Not sure how good of a communicator Rafa is with young talent or developer.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: July 02, 2010, 02:32:02 PM »
W. Sneijder on the radar too.

The price on dat is probably sky high now. Treble + WC?
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: July 02, 2010, 09:06:04 PM »
Manchester City sign midfielder Yaya Toure

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/8783455.stm

Manchester City have signed midfielder Yaya Toure from Barcelona on a five-year deal for a fee of about £24m.

The 27-year-old, who played for Ivory Coast at this summer's World Cup, was told he was surplus to requirements at the Catalan club last week.

"This is another fantastic signing for Manchester City," manager Roberto Mancini told the club's website.

Toure's arrival follows deals for Spain midfielder David Silva and Germany defender Jerome Boateng.

The transfer fee for Toure, who will enjoy a three-week break before joining his new team-mates for pre-season training, takes the club's summer outlay to about £60m - still some way short of last season's £120m spending spree.

The younger brother of City captain Kolo, Yaya Toure complained in December of a lack of playing time at La Liga champions Barcelona, telling BBC Sport he was keen to play in "100% of games."

However, Mancini backed Toure to help City build on last season's fifth-place finish in the Premier League.

"Everyone knows Yaya is a player that we have admired for a long time," added Mancini.

"We would like to welcome him to Manchester City. He has played at the top level with Barcelona and I am sure his experience and ability will be very important for us."

Toure played every minute of Ivory Coast's World Cup campaign and scored in the 3-0 victory against North Korea, but was unable to prevent them from exiting at the group stages - albeit from a group that also contained Brazil and Portugal.

And that disappointment came on the back of a frustrating season at Barcelona, where he lost his place as the team's holding midfielder to Sergio Busquets and played the full 90 minutes only nine times in the 38-game league season.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: July 06, 2010, 05:10:21 PM »
Abramovich travels to South Africa in attempt to lure Torres‎

Roman Abramovich has travelled to South Africa in the hope of persuading Liverpool striker Fernando Torres to join Chelsea this summer, according to the Telegraph.

The Chelsea owner is confident that a bid of around £35 million will be enough to persuade cash-strapped Liverpool to sell the Spanish striker, but should the Merseyside club reject the offer Abramovich is willing to spend up to £50 million on the former Atlético Madrid man.

The Russian billionaire flew to South Africa hoping to meet with Torres’ agent Juan Antonio Martin in a bid to show how serious he is about taking the Liverpool striker to Stamford Bridge this summer, with a source close to the deal telling the Telegraph the Chelsea owner is “pushing very hard” to complete the deal.

But the £50 million Chelsea are willing to offer for Torres may not be enough to grab the attention of Anfield executives who value Torres at around £75 million.

Should Chelsea not meet the demands set out by Liverpool then Manchester City will step in and try and lure Torres to Eastlands, though a deal would be doubtful with the Spanish international unlikely to move to a club without Champions League football.

It is believed Torres has become frustrated with the situation at Anfield after his calls to add four or five top-class players this summer were ignored, with more quality talent expected to leave Anfield than what will come in.

The Spaniard has already spoke briefly with new Reds boss Roy Hodgson over the phone but will look to meet him following the World Cup before making any decision over his future at Anfield.

Argentina captain Javier Mascherano has already said that his future may lie elsewhere and a potential move to Inter Milan to rejoin Rafael Benítez may be on the cards should the Italian giants meet the asking price for the defensive midfielder.

Captain Steven Gerrard’s future is also in doubt with the Liverpool and England midfielder yet to state his intentions after a disappointing World Cup in South Africa. It is believed Real Madrid are interested in the Liverpool skipper but José Mourinho is prioritising other targets ahead of the 30-year-old.

http://www.thesportreview.com/tsr/2010/07/roman-abramovic-fernando-torres-chelsea/
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

giggsy11

« Reply #1088 on: July 06, 2010, 06:36:37 PM »
Fergie already workin my last nerve with him thinking all the side need is a striker. We still have no creative midfielder, no left sided winger. To many right sided wingers, to many defensive midfielders. And berbasoft still on the books. I get the sense Fergie waitin tuh ride out in the sun because he knows the money dried up. I will think otherwise when we actually sign a proven footballer who is ready to contribute to the success of the team. The team last year was boring and one demensional; don't see anything that has been done to improve on ir change that.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: July 06, 2010, 08:32:44 PM »
Fergie already workin my last nerve with him thinking all the side need is a striker. We still have no creative midfielder, no left sided winger. To many right sided wingers, to many defensive midfielders. And berbasoft still on the books. I get the sense Fergie waitin tuh ride out in the sun because he knows the money dried up. I will think otherwise when we actually sign a proven footballer who is ready to contribute to the success of the team. The team last year was boring and one demensional; don't see anything that has been done to improve on ir change that.

we've been heavily linked with Sneijder today...25 million pounds

And De Zeeuw(Holland defender) came out and said he thinks he'll be a perfect fit at United

Doubt it will happen but one can hope....

If not raid Spurs for Modric or try and get Ozil...

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: July 07, 2010, 03:18:41 PM »

we've been heavily linked with Sneijder today...25 million pounds

And De Zeeuw(Holland defender) came out and said he thinks he'll be a perfect fit at United

Doubt it will happen but one can hope....

If not raid Spurs for Modric or try and get Ozil...
I can't see that Modric deal happening.

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
THIERRY HENRY IS NOW A REDBULL
« Reply #1091 on: July 14, 2010, 07:34:49 AM »
So I just heard that this morning an a smile because I will get a chance to see this man play.  My question to those out there is what do you guys think about his move and it make a difference for this league?

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
Re: THIERRY HENRY IS NOW A REDBULL
« Reply #1092 on: July 14, 2010, 08:54:12 AM »
So I just heard that this morning an a smile because I will get a chance to see this man play.  My question to those out there is what do you guys think about his move and it make a difference for this league?

It improves the redbulls on paper, as for the league it has pottential to possibly draw the attention of a few notable players.  Not sure it will actually prompt them to consider coming to MLS doh.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: July 14, 2010, 09:10:18 AM »
Henry signs for Red Bulls
Iconic striker moves to the MLS

Thierry Henry has joined Major League Soccer outfit New York Red Bulls from Barcelona on a multi-year contract.

The France striker leaves the Catalan giants on a free transfer following three years at Camp Nou despite still having 12 months left on his contract.

The former Arsenal captain becomes another major footballing name to sign for an American club, following in the footsteps of David Beckham at LA Galaxy.

The move had been touted for several months following Henry's lack of first-team action with Barcelona, but had to be delayed until after the World Cup, where France suffered a humiliating exit at the group stage.

Henry is likely to make his debut for Red Bulls against Tottenham on 22nd July and the 32-year-old is looking forward to his new challenge.

Exciting new chapter
"This marks an exciting new chapter in my career and life," Henry told the club's official website.

"It is an honour to play for the New York Red Bulls. I am fully aware of the team's history and my sole goal during my time here is to help win the club its first championship.

"Knowing Red Bull's significant commitment to soccer locally and internationally, I am confident that my team-mates and I will succeed."

Red Bull New York's general manager and sporting director Erik Soler added: "Thierry is not only a world-class player who will undoubtedly improve our squad, but he has shown most importantly throughout his career that he is a winner.

"He has made it clear to us that he is committed in the short and long term to help in our vision of making our organisation the premium franchise in Major League Soccer."

Dietmar Beiersdorfer, Head of Red Bull Global Soccer, continued: "It is without question that Thierry Henry is one of the most successful and recognisable soccer players over the past 15 years.

"We are thrilled that Thierry has decided to come to New York to help the Red Bulls compete for championships this year and for years to come. His international pedigree is second to none and he is a proven winner."
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11833_6260130,00.html

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: July 14, 2010, 09:14:32 AM »
video of henry in the NYRB strip.

this might make them worth looking at.

http://footballfashion.org/wordpress/2010/07/14/video-thierry-henry-joins-the-new-york-red-bulls/

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
Re: THIERRY HENRY IS NOW A REDBULL
« Reply #1095 on: July 14, 2010, 09:54:21 AM »

It improves the redbulls on paper, as for the league it has pottential to possibly draw the attention of a few notable players.  Not sure it will actually prompt them to consider coming to MLS doh.

I here you, because the reality is that not to many Euro based players will wont to come especially if they can't get decent money, but I think it's a good step especially if the quality of play improves throughout the league.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Henry Joins Red Bulls
« Reply #1096 on: July 14, 2010, 10:15:28 AM »
New York Red Bulls have confirmed the signing of former Barcelona and Arsenal forward Thierry Henry, who will make his debut in a friendly game against Tottenham.

Thierry Henry is France's all-time record goalscorer

• Forum: Is MLS a good place to retire?
• Adams: Better than Beckham?

Henry - a member of the France World Cup squad that returned home in disgrace from South Africa - has joined the MLS side on a "multi-year contract" in one of the biggest coups for the league in its history.

"This marks an exciting new chapter in my career and life," Henry said. "It is an honour to play for the New York Red Bulls. I am fully aware of the team's history and my sole goal during my time here is to help win the club its first championship. Knowing Red Bull's significant commitment to soccer locally and internationally, I am confident that my team-mates and I will succeed."

The 32-year-old is France's all-time record goalscorer having scored 51 times for les Bleus and he also broke Ian Wright's record for Arsenal, scoring 226 goals between 1999 and 2007 as he cemented his reputation as one of the finest players in world football.

Henry was an integral member of the Arsenal side that went the season unbeaten in 2003-04 and won two league titles and three FA Cups during his time in North London. He was also named Footballer of the Year on three separate occasions.

Henry joined Barcelona in the summer of 2007 and helped the club secure the treble in 2009 when they defeated Manchester United in the final of the Champions League, scoring 25 goals in all competitions for the Catalans. However, last season he struggled to win a place in Pep Guardiola's side, making just 15 league starts as Barca retained the Spanish league title.

"It is without question that Thierry Henry is one of the most successful and recognisable soccer players over the past 15 years," Dietmar Beiersdorfer, head of Red Bull Global Soccer, said. "We are thrilled that Thierry has decided to come to New York to help the Red Bulls compete for championships this year and for years to come. His international pedigree is second to none and he is a proven winner."

Henry now opens a new chapter in his career by moving to MLS and will be presented as a Red Bulls player in a press conference on July 15. When his international transfer certificate is safely received, Henry will be able to make his debut against Arsenal's bitter rivals, Tottenham, in a friendly fixture on July 22.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Henry Joins Red Bulls
« Reply #1097 on: July 14, 2010, 11:40:07 AM »
MLS becomming a quality retirement village in troot
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: July 14, 2010, 12:00:26 PM »
MLS becomming a quality retirement village in troot

They doing much better though they getting quality at ah earlier age

Becks at 32 joined
Henry at 32 joined

Back when they just started they had players like Matthaus who was about 40.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #1099 on: July 14, 2010, 12:02:42 PM »
All those early retirement benefits are what's bankrupting Europe  ;)

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: July 14, 2010, 12:07:35 PM »
when the MLS gets some star in their prime, we'll take them seriously

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: July 14, 2010, 01:13:21 PM »
Well done MLS...to sign the Premiership's best ever player at any stage of his career is pretty impressive. Like Beckham, there are a number of Premiership clubs who would still have him.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: July 14, 2010, 01:15:04 PM »

Landon Donovan  :-\
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline fish

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Study the past if you would define the future"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: July 14, 2010, 01:48:13 PM »

Buh he could still tear up

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: July 14, 2010, 01:50:53 PM »

Understand that this is a business decision. Henry still has a couple of good years left so both in terms of marketing and on-field production he has added to the value of the team and the MLS. So all ah allyuh who eh takin dem seriously now will be wondering in about 5 years or so..why the MLS get so big.

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #1105 on: July 14, 2010, 02:21:23 PM »
The  MLS has a business label to expose all after market brands.
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: July 14, 2010, 02:22:54 PM »
Many teams in the EPL, La Liga and Serie A would welcome Henry in their teams with open arms. Being a bench player (and at times effective) for Barca is no indication that a player isn't still pretty good. Henry still has a lot to offer both on and off the field to MLS. Certainly has raised the profile of the league just a bit more.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: July 15, 2010, 06:33:24 AM »
The Miami based team need to make a move for (Fat) Ronaldo now. He could still make an impact in the states and he still have a name.

Plus, he semi-retired too and he could find nuff transvestite down there :-)
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
Italy: Inter Says NO to United, City and Madrid
« Reply #1108 on: July 15, 2010, 02:08:54 PM »
Inter Milan have slapped 'not for sale' tags on Maicon and Mario Balotelli and labelled the latter as "priceless" to the club.

Brazil right-back Maicon is reported to be a target for Real Madrid this summer, while Manchester United and Manchester City are reportedly interested in signing Italian striker Balotelli.

But Nerazzurri sporting director Marco Branca insists Inter - who last season clinched a Serie A, Coppa Italia and Champions League treble - have no plans to part company with either player.

He told the club's official website: "We are in a privileged situation, having won so much.

"It's true that we receive calls each day because everyone wants at least six or seven of our champions.

"Maicon and Balotelli? Our two players have never been placed on the transfer market.

"When and if there are offers, we will examine them but they are not for sale.

"How much is Balotelli worth? He is priceless."

See how much Mario means to INter? Now, what about the racism you guys were ranting about?? MARIO IS ITALIAN.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 02:10:36 PM by sHOTTA12 »

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
LA Galaxy to sign Ronaldinho?
« Reply #1109 on: July 17, 2010, 05:11:12 PM »
Hearing the rumors ... .. well Henry already on the east coast and maybe Ronaldinho on the west coast.

1]; } ?>