April 18, 2024, 05:53:05 PM

Poll

Has Ronaldinho joined Pele and Maradona as the best player in his era?

Yes
25 (47.2%)
No
28 (52.8%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Author Topic: Ronaldinho Thread  (Read 201880 times)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody see Ronaldinho today
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2005, 11:31:16 PM »
More dotishness.  Men actually callin Lampard de best player in de world..... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Oh well... ::) ::)

might have some truth in that though
he is the best player in the EPL right now
best box to box midfielder and he scoring goals plus he could take a free kick
the man play something like 150 consecutive EPL games
He doh have the flare like Ronaldinho but he does do the same thing in a league that is faster.

There you said it.  PERHAPS...best player in de EPL.  EPL not de best League in football.  Man scorin goals against West Bromwich Albion and people runnin dey mout bout best player in de world.

But hey...watch EPL enough times and nutting else and ah sure yuh go get convince.

Lampard cyah even make a world team first XI for me.

If I playin 4 midfielders, they would be:

Nedved
Viera
Requelme
Kaka

Ronaldinho will play just behind the main striker

Lampard cyah shine any of the above boots for me.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2005, 11:47:46 PM »

There you said it.  PERHAPS...best player in de EPL.  EPL not de best League in football.  Man scorin goals against West Bromwich Albion and people runnin dey mout bout best player in de world.

But hey...watch EPL enough times and nutting else and ah sure yuh go get convince.

Lampard cyah even make a world team first XI for me.

If I playin 4 midfielders, they would be:

Nedved
Viera
Requelme
Kaka

Ronaldinho will play just behind the main striker

Lampard cyah shine any of the above boots for me.

Yuh mad
Lampard in front of Requelme any day. On sheer work rate alone. While Requelme could read a game and split a defense with one pass the man slow as hell.

Lampard have 9 goals in Champions League and 10 for England

so he eh jes scoring on shit side

Més que un club.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2005, 11:48:55 PM »
Yuh mad
Lampard in front of Requelme any day. On sheer work rate alone. While Requelme could read a game and split a defense with one pass the man slow as hell.

Daz why football nice.  We eh bong to agree.  Work rate?  LOL.... :rotfl:

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2005, 12:15:33 AM »
Yuh mad

Daz why football nice.  We eh bong to agree.  Work rate?  LOL.... :rotfl:

true   :beermug:
Requelme eh go last a day in the EPL
they go kill him with blade

Més que un club.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2005, 10:50:17 AM »
Lampard is a big player, but best in the world?
puleeez
Yuh shame Ronaldinho and Ronaldo by saying that.
Plus everybody does look better than they are when playing next to Makelele
Ronaldinho and Lampard doh belong in the same conversation nah
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2005, 10:57:53 AM »
I'll take Riquelme over Lampard........man is genius.

Lampard is a big player, and in terms of effectiveness, he's as good as any.....but from a spectators standpoint (which is what I am)....I eh bong for Lampard.

.......plus Lampard plays in a team of stars....Put him at Villareal and see if he could lift them the way Riquelme does.......
« Last Edit: October 31, 2005, 11:00:08 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Redditch Valiant

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2005, 11:04:12 AM »
I don't know who Tommy Smith is, but on Sky Sports, we get Gerry Armstrong, who is probably just as bad. All he does is go on and on about how great Real Madrid are and "hopefully" they'll win this match blah blah blah - and that's when RM aren't even playing!
Proud to be an honorary "Trinbagonian"
GO TnT!!! GO TnT!!! GO TnT!!! GO TnT!!! GO TnT!!!

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2005, 06:13:44 PM »
Kicker u bias to a Spanish side eh
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2005, 06:31:24 PM »
Lampard is a big player, but best in the world?
puleeez
Yuh shame Ronaldinho and Ronaldo by saying that.
Plus everybody does look better than they are when playing next to MakeleleRonaldinho and Lampard doh belong in the same conversation nah

Dis is so true...........Higher work rate? Allyuh serious? ok. does the great Zidane have a higher work rate than Lampard? Absolutely not, but he still may not make your midfield over lampard according to some of u
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2005, 06:42:05 PM »
Lamps (A Midfielder) leading the EPL in goals right now. The man long and short passin real sweet. The man is a "G" from inside 30 yards. Freekicks, Penalties, Assists...What make him better than real men tho' is his defence! He don't back outta no 50/50's. When last you see Ronaldinho run into a 50/50? In fact, when last you see Ronny defend? This discussion is simply a matter of what U like seeing...If you want the skill, spanner and rolley polley....Go with Ronny... But if u appreciate completeness in a player and BOX TO BOX hussle, Lamps is the best in the world..Hands Down..
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2005, 06:58:06 PM »
Lamps (A Midfielder) leading the EPL in goals right now. The man long and short passin real sweet. The man is a "G" from inside 30 yards. Freekicks, Penalties, Assists...What make him better than real men tho' is his defence! He don't back outta no 50/50's. When last you see Ronaldinho run into a 50/50? In fact, when last you see Ronny defend? This discussion is simply a matter of what U like seeing...If you want the skill, spanner and rolley polley....Go with Ronny... But if u appreciate completeness in a player and BOX TO BOX hussle, Lamps is the best in the world..Hands Down..

thank you
yuh beat meh to the punch

I said it earlier he doh have the flare but he jes as effective.

And I went on to say that if I have to chose between Lampard and Requelme I go chose Lampard. Requelme is a man that yuh have to build a team around else he is real shit. Hence the reason he failed at Barca. He is man who could build a play but when it come to a fast counter attack or running back to defend doh look for him. If he have a hot shit he go shit he pants fuss he have no urgency about him. Doh get me wrong the man could real pass a ball and he have vision.

If Requelme went to any other league he would be a failure yeah Spain is technically the best league but is a slower game, if Requelme go and play in England he eh go make a note.

Lampard on a team of stars and does start every game, Why is that, cause the coach like him? NO! Is cause the man up they with the best so is he and any 10 players. 

Més que un club.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2005, 07:34:18 PM »
Give credit where credit is due.

Disgruntled, yuh name

Nedved
Viera
Requelme
Kaka

because you haven't seen Nedved play recently,
because you ignorin how last season Lampard outshine Viera and run him outta de league,
because yuh like men who could beat and score a few fancy goals,
because yuh doh realise midfielders need to tackle.

Then Marcos insinuate that Lampard only look good becuz he playin next to Makelele.
Where was Makelele playin before Chelsea?  Ent yuh find Zidane, Figo and Ronaldo was lookin good when Makelele was there?

As for Zidane, he is past his prime.  We talkin about right now, not years past.

Steups.  Lampard tackles, passes, works hard, scores goals, and allyuh still cah give him respect?
I wonder if these men have some kinda bias agaist EPL.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2005, 07:36:37 PM »

Requelme is a man that yuh have to build a team around else he is real shit. Hence the reason he failed at Barca.

You might be right there.............

but I think the  comparison between Lampard and Riquelme is a bad one.....two totally different players.....who are exceptional at what they do best.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2005, 07:38:55 PM by kicker »

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2005, 07:40:48 PM »

Disgruntled, yuh name

Nedved
Viera
Requelme
Kaka

In the interest of "giving credit where it is due"

That was Palos' selection, not Disgruntled Trini's
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2005, 07:45:50 PM »

Disgruntled, yuh name

Nedved
Viera
Requelme
Kaka

because you haven't seen Nedved play recently,
because you ignorin how last season Lampard outshine Viera and run him outta de league,
because yuh like men who could beat and score a few fancy goals,
because yuh doh realise midfielders need to tackle.

Then Marcos insinuate that Lampard only look good becuz he playin next to Makelele.
Where was Makelele playin before Chelsea?  Ent yuh find Zidane, Figo and Ronaldo was lookin good when Makelele was there?

As for Zidane, he is past his prime.  We talkin about right now, not years past.

Steups.  Lampard tackles, passes, works hard, scores goals, and allyuh still cah give him respect?
I wonder if these men have some kinda bias agaist EPL.

It was Palos who named those players not Disgruntled..........plus:

I've seen Nedved play recently....not as good as he was 5 years ago but he still has it...the Czechs are missing him.

But I do agree that Lampard is better than Viera....I was never a big fan of Viera anyways.... and Lampard would look good without Makas........

What it boils down to as someone said before iz what kinda player you like to watch.......In terms of talent, the higher up you go, the more difficult it is to separate players.......

People's preferences will be made based on style of play.....You could argue that Lampard is better than Ronaldinho (yuh'll probably get cuss), but you could make a good argument because he (Lampard) defends, he's stronger in the air, works harder in more areas of the field, and scores just as many goals.......but the World considers Ronaldinho the greatest player at the moment......why is that ?

.....ya dig ?

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2005, 07:47:07 PM »

thank you

And I went on to say that if I have to chose between Lampard and Requelme I go chose Lampard. Requelme is a man that yuh have to build a team around else he is real shit. Hence the reason he failed at Barca. He is man who could build a play but when it come to a fast counter attack or running back to defend doh look for him. If he have a hot shit he go shit he pants fuss he have no urgency about him. Doh get me wrong the man could real pass a ball and he have vision.

If Requelme went to any other league he would be a failure yeah Spain is technically the best league but is a slower game, if Requelme go and play in England he eh go make a note.

Lampard on a team of stars and does start every game, Why is that, cause the coach like him? NO! Is cause the man up they with the best so is he and any 10 players.

It is heresy to even compare Riquelme and Lampard to Ronaldinho. Ronaldinho doesn't defend because he is quite simply an attacking player. Its like expecting a ferrari to perform in city traffic.

Riquelme; big players step up in big matches and he is always AWOL when you need him to perform.

Lampard; Excellent player ,more complete player but not better than Ronaldinho

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2005, 07:49:23 PM »
It was Palos who named those players not Disgruntled..........plus:

My bad Disgruntled!

I agree yuh can't compare Ronaldinho to Lampard, they play different positions, which is why Palos didn't call him in his 4 man-midfield.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2005, 07:52:19 PM »
Lampard is a good player.

He scores a lot of goals because he is opportunistic. Running box to box and tackling men does not tell the whole story. All it says is that he is fit.

And do not believe that Lampard is any terror in the tackle because he is not.

The reason why Lampard is not one of the best in th eworld is that he is not good enough to build a side around and he does not dominate games. If things going bad for CHelsea Lampard is not putting his stamp on the game and winning it for them. He might be in position to score the goal however.

You see Lampard's flaws all the time when he plays for England and looks ordinary (still scores goals though).

You can't say the same for the rest of them men that Palos call except maybe for Vieira who is a next one who is overdependant on a holding midfield partner.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2005, 01:53:14 AM »

thank you

It is heresy to even compare Riquelme and Lampard to Ronaldinho. Ronaldinho doesn't defend because he is quite simply an attacking player. Its like expecting a ferrari to perform in city traffic.

Riquelme; big players step up in big matches and he is always AWOL when you need him to perform.

Lampard; Excellent player ,more complete player but not better than Ronaldinho

ferrari in city traffic
u talk like a king
lampard is only a benz

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 01, 2005, 11:33:23 AM »
Lampard is a good player.

He scores a lot of goals because he is opportunistic. Running box to box and tackling men does not tell the whole story. All it says is that he is fit.

And do not believe that Lampard is any terror in the tackle because he is not.

The reason why Lampard is not one of the best in th eworld is that he is not good enough to build a side around and he does not dominate games. If things going bad for CHelsea Lampard is not putting his stamp on the game and winning it for them. He might be in position to score the goal however.

You see Lampard's flaws all the time when he plays for England and looks ordinary (still scores goals though).

You can't say the same for the rest of them men that Palos call except maybe for Vieira who is a next one who is overdependant on a holding midfield partner.

Yuh talking real nonsense they.

Lampard is the best player in England right now. And he is the best player on the best side. So for you to shine on a side with so much stars yuh had to be more than opportunistic.

It eh have nothing opportunistic bout taking a dread free kick about lighting a blistering shot from outside the box about latching on to a though ball from ah play you start in yuh own box. That is jes skill.

Ronaldinho does do the same thing but yuh eh going and see him run back and break up a man like wha he do Xavi Alonso last year and break he foot.

As for that England side the reason the man does look ordinary is cause Sven Goran Eriksson always trying some shit in the midfield with he and Gerrard that not working and on top of that he still scoring so what that say for the man.

If yuh want to talk opportunistic call Van Nistelrooy name that is oppourtunist self. He doh make no goal but he does be in the right place and the right time to slap it home. That is a talent by itself.

Més que un club.

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Robinho could surpass Ronaldinho in the next 4 years
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2005, 01:52:36 PM »
 Robinho could be better than Ronldinho....He just need a few years...mark my words... Robinho is better at 21 than Ronaldinho than was...He is at a bigger club so it is up to him to soak up the pressure and continue raising his game...

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2005, 05:11:58 PM »

If yuh want to talk opportunistic call Van Nistelrooy name that is oppourtunist self. He doh make no goal but he does be in the right place and the right time to slap it home. That is a talent by itself.

I agree that many of V.Nistelrooy's goals are scrappy goals at the end of someone else's hard work, but I wouldn't label him a pure opportunist....I have watched many games where V. Nistelrooy works very hard in different areas of the field and covers alot of ground....He's a tough player who moves well off the ball.

When I think opportunists I think Oliver Bierhoff, David Trezeguet, Gary Lineker etc.......men who contribution to the game outside of the 18yd box is minimal.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2005, 05:13:57 PM by kicker »

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2005, 07:41:36 PM »

I agree that many of V.Nistelrooy's goals are scrappy goals at the end of someone else's hard work, but I wouldn't label him a pure opportunist....I have watched many games where V. Nistelrooy works very hard in different areas of the field and covers alot of ground....He's a tough player who moves well off the ball.

When I think opportunists I think Oliver Bierhoff, David Trezeguet, Gary Lineker etc.......men who contribution to the game outside of the 18yd box is minimal.

u forget inzaghi

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
  • I SELL FOOTBALL JERSEYS
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2005, 07:45:29 PM »
That stupid Irish commentatator Tommy Smith is a fool. Ronaldinho is the best player in the world.

I believe you like boys with long hair and big teeth, you don't know what a true football player is, you must be of this new generation of wannabe football fans because if you analyse the game, Ronaldinho does less than half the things areal player would do but i believe you like him because he's Brazilian and he might beat a few men and leave their backs in a twist but what else does he do??
WELCOME TO DINSLEY OUT IN THE STREETZ THEY CALL ME FATZ

Without Him, I am nothing but with Him I can do all things. Phil 4:13

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Robinho could surpass Ronaldinho in the next 4 years
« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2005, 07:51:44 PM »
Robinho could be better than Ronldinho....He just need a few years...mark my words... Robinho is better at 21 than Ronaldinho than was...He is at a bigger club so it is up to him to soak up the pressure and continue raising his game...

You read back that before you write it.

Boss it eh have no day that that thin foot boy called Robinho could score 35 goals in a season like Ronaldo did.

Més que un club.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2005, 08:06:55 PM »
That stupid Irish commentatator Tommy Smith is a fool. Ronaldinho is the best player in the world.

I believe you like boys with long hair and big teeth, you don't know what a true football player is, you must be of this new generation of wannabe football fans because if you analyse the game, Ronaldinho does less than half the things areal player would do but i believe you like him because he's Brazilian and he might beat a few men and leave their backs in a twist but what else does he do??

You was doing better when yuh was just selling jersey yes.

What are you calling a real player? Players like Ronaldinho are beyond real. The kind of things that they do men like your love Lampard can't even dream of . Ronaldinho is in a small, very small class of player that can create something out of NOTHING. Things that make players like Lampard look pedestrian. It is more than just beats.

It is vision, touch, passing, movement. The kind of players you could call with this kind of ability is small and all of them are world greats. Ronaldinho, Zidane, Platini, Maradona just to name a recent few.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2005, 08:13:15 PM »

What else does Ronaldinho do.....:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Some a allyuh men on dis site sweet yes.  LAWDDDDD... ;D

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2005, 08:16:13 PM »
jdb tell de man to go back and sell jerseys :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2005, 08:22:12 PM »

I am not a Lampard hater like these fellas but yuh cannot undermine the skill of Ronaldinho.
I mean jes lok at the man resume.

World Cup
Confederations Cup
La Liga Title
Footballer of the year.

He win all them thing cause ah he teeth I suppose.

Més que un club.

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
  • I SELL FOOTBALL JERSEYS
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2005, 08:27:25 PM »

You was doing better when yuh was just selling jersey yes.

What are you calling a real player? Players like Ronaldinho are beyond real. The kind of things that they do men like your love Lampard can't even dream of . Ronaldinho is in a small, very small class of player that can create something out of NOTHING. Things that make players like Lampard look pedestrian. It is more than just beats.

It is vision, touch, passing, movement. The kind of players you could call with this kind of ability is small and all of them are world greats. Ronaldinho, Zidane, Platini, Maradona just to name a recent few.

Yet another juss ah come to the world game, i wonder if you know the likes of Pelé, Garrincha, Puskas, Eusebio, Jairzinho, Alfredo Di Stefano and Johan Cryuf???
WELCOME TO DINSLEY OUT IN THE STREETZ THEY CALL ME FATZ

Without Him, I am nothing but with Him I can do all things. Phil 4:13

1]; } ?>