April 26, 2024, 02:53:27 AM

Poll

Has Ronaldinho joined Pele and Maradona as the best player in his era?

Yes
25 (47.2%)
No
28 (52.8%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Author Topic: Ronaldinho Thread  (Read 202635 times)

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Davids in talks over move to MLS
« Reply #510 on: January 12, 2007, 11:37:31 AM »
Ronaldo already said he retired after the World Cup 2006.

He headed to New York or Miami...

Ronaldo never retired and actually said he hopes to still play for Brazil

He will probably end up in MLS if you believe articles like this....
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/ricardo_setyon/11/15/ronaldo.america/1.html

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: January 12, 2007, 11:39:28 AM »
I wonder if these players will enjoy living in the US?
It real different.
Mabe not, because they will have nuff competition from the NFL, NBA and MLB playaz for de 'gold diggers'.

It won't be like when they pull up at the club in London and all the women running after them. Now they have to compete with Lebron James, Terrel Owens and Derek Jeter for the babes, no matter what city they go to.

That is true.

I could see Beckham moving back to England in 2 years. 5 yrs is a long time.
Davids too if he make the move.

How long did Djorkaeff last?

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: January 12, 2007, 11:51:28 AM »
djorks play for NY for about 3 years.

he was still a boss when he retire. i hope i could run like that at 38.

i trying to think of all the "pasture grazers" who play in MLS or the a-league/usl. let we see:

- zinho (miami fc)
- romario (miami fc)
- terry phelan (charleston battery)
- lothar matthaeus (NY - but was really on holidays)
- djorkaeff (NY)
- valderamma (tampa & miami)
- shaka hislop (dallas)
- Hong Myung-Bo (LA)
- eduardo hurtado (LA)
- mo johnston (KC)
- dr. khumalo (columbus)
- stoichov (dc, chicago)
- anders limpar (colorado)
- peter nowak (chicago)
- hugo sanchez (dallas)
- alain sutter (dallas)

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: January 12, 2007, 02:26:46 PM »
MLS will become an Over 30 league if this continues to happen....

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: January 12, 2007, 02:31:01 PM »
djorks play for NY for about 3 years.

he was still a boss when he retire. i hope i could run like that at 38.

i trying to think of all the "pasture grazers" who play in MLS or the a-league/usl. let we see:

- zinho (miami fc)
- romario (miami fc)
- terry phelan (charleston battery)
- lothar matthaeus (NY - but was really on holidays)
- djorkaeff (NY)
- valderamma (tampa & miami)
- shaka hislop (dallas)
- Hong Myung-Bo (LA)
- eduardo hurtado (LA)
- mo johnston (KC)
- dr. khumalo (columbus)
- stoichov (dc, chicago)
- anders limpar (colorado)
- peter nowak (chicago)
- hugo sanchez (dallas)
- alain sutter (dallas)

half of dem not playing football anymore though

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Slade

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: January 12, 2007, 02:37:15 PM »
Or maybe Dwight Yorke playing for Toronto FC.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: January 12, 2007, 02:53:55 PM »

when latas reach 50 he could go MLS.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #517 on: January 12, 2007, 03:38:44 PM »

when latas reach 50 he could go MLS.

nah he could go now and make a cool 50 mill US :devil:

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Chelsea Planning Ronaldinho Rejuvenation?
« Reply #518 on: January 18, 2007, 07:41:48 PM »

Reports coming out of London suggest that Chelsea are looking to rejuvenate themselves by swooping for Barcelona's Ronaldinho in the summer.

It is common knowledge that banks will have to be broken, and transfer records smashed, for a club to come close to snatching Ronaldinho from Barcelona.

However, the Mirror suggests that it is exactly what Chelsea are looking to do, as owner Roman Abramovich looks for a more imaginative and dynamic team.

While Jose Mourinho's future has been secured through recent comments, the Portuguese is still being linked with a move away. Abramovich is also said to be contemplating saying "Adios," particularly if Mourinho is unable to deliver at least one out of the Premiership and the Champions League trophies.

The reports suggest that Chelsea's rebuilding will start with an offer in excess of £50 million for the Barcelona ace, who allegedly believes Barca are not backing him whole-heartedly anymore.

"Ronaldinho doesn't feel he is properly backed at Barcelona any more," a source has been quoted as claiming. "He knows that Barca's special advisor Johan Cruyff doesn't like him, and everybody knows that when Cruyff talks, the president Joan Laporta and his board listen."

The Brazilian, meantime, simply could be looking for a fresh challenge after four successful years at the Nou Camp.

AC Milan have also expressed interest in him in the recent past, but failed to get any leverage from either the player or from his club.

The official version of the situation, though, still is that Ronaldinho is close to extending his current contract - which runs to 2010 - by another four years.

http://www.goal.com/en-us/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=213529

Offline Trezegoal

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Chelsea Planning Ronaldinho Rejuvenation?
« Reply #519 on: January 18, 2007, 07:47:00 PM »

Reports coming out of London suggest that Chelsea are looking to rejuvenate themselves by swooping for Barcelona's Ronaldinho in the summer.

It is common knowledge that banks will have to be broken, and transfer records smashed, for a club to come close to snatching Ronaldinho from Barcelona.

However, the Mirror suggests that it is exactly what Chelsea are looking to do, as owner Roman Abramovich looks for a more imaginative and dynamic team.
I stopped reading after the part bolded in red...

The day Dinho comes to Chelsea is the day Montserrat, wins the World Cup.
I know, I for one, do not want him coming to the Bridge, and I'm sure none of the Barca fans want him leaving......especially leaving for Chelsea.

Offline Gladman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: January 18, 2007, 07:51:08 PM »
That not happenin any time soon
Life Is Like Sugar Cane,It Hard But Sweet

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #521 on: January 18, 2007, 07:52:46 PM »
Ronnie ent going a place.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: January 18, 2007, 08:41:13 PM »
which is worse? Ronaldinho going to Chelsea or Figo to Madrid. The Madrid rivalry is emor bitter, but each team begrudgingly respects the other and there is also a sense of tradition. The Chelsea rivalry is just hate. It will take a lot of money for Ronaldinho to make such a treacherous move, but if anybody could do it..it is Abramovic. Football is a dirty business. Dinho hadda pray never to play Barca in a CL again if he make that move. Any how...for now, I beleive that article is just baseless rumors.

But the real danger is if Abramovic walk away from Chelsea now, as the article implies he might...that team would need to find another sugar daddy or they will face a financial crisis.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: January 18, 2007, 09:42:12 PM »
That not happenin any time soon
MAN U  don't know what you talking about ;D

Offline doublet750

• Hero Warrior
  • mi nuevo nombre es dinho mi vida es joga bonito
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: January 19, 2007, 09:02:41 AM »
which is worse? Ronaldinho going to Chelsea or Figo to Madrid. The Madrid rivalry is emor bitter, but each team begrudgingly respects the other and there is also a sense of tradition. The Chelsea rivalry is just hate. It will take a lot of money for Ronaldinho to make such a treacherous move, but if anybody could do it..it is Abramovic. Football is a dirty business. Dinho hadda pray never to play Barca in a CL again if he make that move. Any how...for now, I beleive that article is just baseless rumors.

But the real danger is if Abramovic walk away from Chelsea now, as the article implies he might...that team would need to find another sugar daddy or they will face a financial crisis.

well actually..if abramovich leaves it wont make much difference now....the samsugn and adidas deals are some fo the best sposnor deals in teh world.(only eclipsed by barca and man u )....and chelsea website launches have been bringin in teh dollars

added all to which roman has invested over 250MILL in this club and ive watched my blues transform from teh perenial champions league 4th spot challenger....to a Champions league FINAL CHALLENGER....after all them years behind aint nowhere else to head for but the front

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #525 on: January 19, 2007, 09:44:49 AM »

well actually..if abramovich leaves it wont make much difference now....the samsugn and adidas deals are some fo the best sposnor deals in teh world.(only eclipsed by barca and man u )....and chelsea website launches have been bringin in teh dollars

added all to which roman has invested over 250MILL in this club and ive watched my blues transform from teh perenial champions league 4th spot challenger....to a Champions league FINAL CHALLENGER....after all them years behind aint nowhere else to head for but the front

Uhhh..not quite. When Abramovic bought the club he wiped out all debts - great. But since then, the club has far outspent what it earns. I am not sure how the club is structured financially, but it has been operating at mulitmillion dollar losses for the last 2 years and if he walks away the bankrolling ends and the losses will deepen. To hold on to its biggest players Chelsea would either have to borrow heavily, or restructure their contracts, or sell players at a fraction of the cost they were purchased....either that or find another sugar daddy. Truth is, Chelsea has a ridiculous cost structure in place and for now, the earnings do not match

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #526 on: January 19, 2007, 10:23:36 AM »

What you smoking?

Chelsea posts record losses every year.

If Abramovich leaves they will be in a  mad dash to avoid becoming Leeds. All of their players are on big wages and many will have to be sold, buyers will squeeze them for bargains, knowing that they are desperate and they will have no chance of keeping Mourinho.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Ronaldinho Next On MLS List
« Reply #527 on: January 20, 2007, 09:21:35 AM »

Having nabbed Beckham, Major League Soccer's next big objective is Barcelona ace Ronaldinho, confirmed the player's brother.

The MLS is in the process of finalizing plans to bring more high profile players from Europe in the USA, and Ronaldinho's name is next on the list.

The likes of Ronaldo and Figo have also been considered, but it is largely believed that only Ronaldinho can come even close to replicating the craze that has followed David Beckham's signing.

The player's agent - and brother - revealed as much from Brazil. He also insisted that he would listen to what other clubs had to say, despite his charge being very happy at Barcelona.

"We know that the MLS is interested in taking Ronaldinho as the next big star of football in the United States," said Roberto Assis to Globoesporte.

"Everything between Ronié and Barça is going well, but that does not mean that we are not open to listening to other teams," he suggested.

While the US might not be Ronaldinho's top priority just yet, the MLS is beginning to look like an increasingly attractive place for top European players to play out the final years of football career.

http://www.goal.com/en-us/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=214748

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ronaldinho Next On MLS List
« Reply #528 on: January 20, 2007, 09:27:34 AM »
"We know that the MLS is interested in taking Ronaldinho as the next big star of football in the United States," said Roberto Assis to Globoesporte.

The PFL interested too but dat eh mean they getting him
« Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 11:45:49 AM by Grande man »

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #529 on: January 20, 2007, 09:48:12 AM »
never.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

TrinInfinite

« Reply #530 on: January 20, 2007, 10:16:25 AM »
never say never.... if beckham get 200+ million, i could imagine what they would pay for dinho, it will be in the neighbourhood of 350+ million over 4-5years with endorsements, that is real paper and dinho wouldnt mind having that for retirement after football, he would be the next pele.... :beermug:

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: January 20, 2007, 10:22:51 AM »
never say never.... if beckham get 200+ million, i could imagine what they would pay for dinho, it will be in the neighbourhood of 350+ million over 4-5years with endorsements, that is real paper and dinho wouldnt mind having that for retirement after football, he would be the next pele.... :beermug:

dinho want a WC. and that won't happen if he move to MLS and play lower standard football.

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: January 20, 2007, 10:28:59 AM »

The PFL interested too but dat eh mean they getting him

Yeah..ah could see yuh point...because the PFL teams have US250 million  waiting and ready for him! ::)
Warrior For Life !!

TrinInfinite

« Reply #533 on: January 20, 2007, 10:29:14 AM »

dinho want a WC. and that won't happen if he move to MLS and play lower standard football.

true, i agree with you on that he does want a world cup, ah think he will get it in south africa, but i also think dinho is on de paper chase, maybe after 2010 he will consider a shift to the mls.... but if the league continues to sign quality players on each team the league will improve over the next 3-5 years...

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: January 20, 2007, 11:33:48 AM »

really? he told you so? by the way....dinho already has won a WC
Dinho eh going MLS now, his brother said as much...but none of us know what the man wants for the rest of his career.

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: January 20, 2007, 11:44:23 AM »

Dinho eh going MLS now, his brother said as much...but none of us know what the man wants for the rest of his career.

why you so? yuh like tuh make sense eh!.... :devil:

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #536 on: January 20, 2007, 11:53:55 AM »

im sorry yuh had ah light chat about it with him today??

how the f**k you know eh??

stewps.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: January 20, 2007, 02:56:15 PM »

feel-low would it make it a little clearer if i put "i think" in front of what i wrote? of course, since i'm writing it and didn't cite any factual references, it should be clear it's just my opinion.

too much english for you? honestly, yuh does get on real trollish sometimes. steups.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 03:12:55 PM by ribbit »

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: January 20, 2007, 03:56:53 PM »

feel-low would it make it a little clearer if i put "i think" in front of what i wrote? of course, since i'm writing it and didn't cite any factual references, it should be clear it's just my opinion.

too much english for you? honestly, yuh does get on real trollish sometimes. steups.

no need to be so sensitive..i knew it was your opinion. and frankly...i just used your opinion to make my point - that we have no idea what Ronaldinho will do. It fit well as a response to your post. Oh yeah...and to remind you that he already has won a WC. Or are you going to say you meant 'another' WC? I mean...just how many words you going to leave out ? ;D Anyway, funny you calling me trollish with your immature, name calling reponse. Good luck with that

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: January 20, 2007, 05:16:36 PM »
I don't think that Ronaldinho will have the same impact as Beckham. See Beckham is worth more with his image than on the field. His move hto the US is maybe 30% football. The othjer 70 is image. All those teenage age girl s(this is where a lot of revenue for fads come from) buying tickets to go to a game hoping to get Becks to sign something for them or take a pic with him. This is bigger than soccer, and Ronaldinho move here will be purely soccer, cause he does not have the same indentity with teenage girls as Becks do. It's all about the looks.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

1]; } ?>