March 28, 2024, 01:28:15 PM

Poll

Has Ronaldinho joined Pele and Maradona as the best player in his era?

Yes
25 (47.2%)
No
28 (52.8%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Author Topic: Ronaldinho Thread  (Read 200563 times)

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
  • I SELL FOOTBALL JERSEYS
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody see Ronaldinho today
« Reply #60 on: November 02, 2005, 08:30:55 PM »
That stupid Irish commentatator Tommy Smith is a fool. Ronaldinho is the best player in the world.

I believe you like boys with long hair and big teeth, you don't know what a true football player is, you must be of this new generation of wannabe football fans because if you analyse the game, Ronaldinho does less than half the things areal player would do but i believe you like him because he's Brazilian and he might beat a few men and leave their backs in a twist but what else does he do??

I am not a Lampard hater like these fellas but yuh cannot undermine the skill of Ronaldinho.
I mean jes lok at the man resume.

World Cup
Confederations Cup
La Liga Title
Footballer of the year.

He win all them thing cause ah he teeth I suppose.

He won all those titles because of the teams he played with, in the world cup, Brazil was led by RONALDO and not Ronaldinho, confed cup, it was Adriano, laliga was Eto"o scoring all goals
WELCOME TO DINSLEY OUT IN THE STREETZ THEY CALL ME FATZ

Without Him, I am nothing but with Him I can do all things. Phil 4:13

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 02, 2005, 08:34:15 PM »

Yet another juss ah come to the world game, i wonder if you know the likes of Pelé, Garrincha, Puskas, Eusebio, Jairzinho, Alfredo Di Stefano and Johan Cryuf???

Fatz wha wrong with you boy??
These men in they 50's and 60's
we talking bout a man that win all ah this and he in he mid 20's

Més que un club.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #62 on: November 02, 2005, 08:35:31 PM »
You was doing better when yuh was just selling jersey yes.

What are you calling a real player? Players like Ronaldinho are beyond real. The kind of things that they do men like your love Lampard can't even dream of . Ronaldinho is in a small, very small class of player that can create something out of NOTHING. Things that make players like Lampard look pedestrian. It is more than just beats.

It is vision, touch, passing, movement. The kind of players you could call with this kind of ability is small and all of them are world greats. Ronaldinho, Zidane, Platini, Maradona just to name a recent few.

Yet another juss ah come to the world game, i wonder if you know the likes of Pelé, Garrincha, Puskas, Eusebio, Jairzinho, Alfredo Di Stefano and Johan Cryuf???

You did read the words recent few right?

Or are you a "juss come" to this thing called reading comprehension.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 02, 2005, 08:44:09 PM »

Fatz wha wrong with you boy??
These men in they 50's and 60's
we talking bout a man that win all ah this and he in he mid 20's

i was emphasizing the fact that 3/4 of the people in here looking at football as commercial and they just come out, JDB said that Ronaldinho is in a small class of players and he mentioned Maradona, Platini and Zidane, Platini is 50+ and he mentioned him so that's why i mentioned those players and they did greater things in their days with 1/8 of the resources Ronaldinho and Lampard has today. Brazil never lost a game with Garrincha and Pelé in the line-up and Garrincha lost 1 game in his Brazil career and that was in England in 66, his last game for Brazil.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 02, 2005, 08:45:11 PM »
no offsides...............
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 02, 2005, 08:47:44 PM »
No diving and acting!!!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 02, 2005, 09:14:13 PM »
No diving and acting!!!

Fatz that's called evolouton.

You feel them fellas could come in the present day game and do what they do then. I doubt it.

Michael Jordan score 65 points in ah game you feel that could happen in todays game. Everything has changes is ah new era ah new generation.

Pele and them make the best with what they had and Ronaldinho making the best with what he have and 30 years from now another player go make the best of what is available to him.

Més que un club.

Offline Benchwarmer

• Sr. Warrior
  • Trini to the bone...Dutch till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 02, 2005, 09:22:07 PM »
Lampard and Scholes in the same boat..........
Because of the players around them, they get to score goals and look effective......
Lampard cant really create or change a game.......
That is why England go be in trouble...........
Because of the system he playin in he is look real good......
it have much better midfields in the world
Aimar, Veron, Kaka, Seedorf, Pirlo, Xavi, Vieira, list goes on...........
He have a real good supporting cast

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 02, 2005, 09:23:15 PM »
No diving and acting!!!

Fatz that's called evolouton.

You feel them fellas could come in the present day game and do what they do then. I doubt it.

Michael Jordan score 65 points in ah game you feel that could happen in todays game. Everything has changes is ah new era ah new generation.

Pele and them make the best with what they had and Ronaldinho making the best with what he have and 30 years from now another player go make the best of what is available to him.

Yuh lucky i have to go home now because yuh just jump on a topic i know more than football, Mr. Mike and bball but i will deal with you when i get home.

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 02, 2005, 09:24:42 PM »
Because of the players around them, they get to score goals and look effective......

You should have just stayed on the bench, yuh just wasted space on the post and people time with that shit :rotfl:

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #70 on: November 02, 2005, 09:27:05 PM »

Thank you warmer.

It is ironic that a man who is rating up Lampard as possibly the best in the world calling anybody a juss come.

I watch Lampard closely yesterday. He is NOT a box to box player. Essiien is, he isn't. He will run back and throw a foot but that is not his responibility or his strength.

England suffers because when he and Gerrared play they supposed to share defensive and offensive duties and they fail almost everytime.

Lampard is a modern day David Platt, which is not to say that he isn't a good player but common man.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 02, 2005, 09:41:53 PM »

horse doh let meh have to take that Fatima logo off yuh jes let meh down with that shit yuh talk.

Lampard is the general in Chelsea midfield. You trying to compare Lampard and Scholes. Lampard much better than Scholes and Essien.

You self JDB you watch one game and want to judge the man. Chelsea had a bad game yesterdayand I am by no means a Chelsea man.

Competition               Appearances          Goals
Premier                           161                   44
Champions League            29                      9
England                           36                     10

157 consecutive appearances for Chelsea

I suppose that is the stats of a medicore player.

Frank Lampard is the best player in the EPL right now.

Més que un club.

Offline Benchwarmer

• Sr. Warrior
  • Trini to the bone...Dutch till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 02, 2005, 09:51:15 PM »

Competition Appearances Goals
Premier 161 44
Champions League 29 9
England 36 10

157 consecutive appearances for Chelsea

I suppose that is the stats of a medicore player.

Frank Lampard is the best player in the EPL right now.

I agree with that...he is the best in the EPL.........with the help of the side he have.....
but in the World??

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 02, 2005, 09:59:17 PM »
Robinho could be better than Ronldinho....He just need a few years...mark my words... Robinho is better at 21 than Ronaldinho than was...He is at a bigger club so it is up to him to soak up the pressure and continue raising his game...

You read back that before you write it.

Boss it eh have no day that that thin foot boy called Robinho could score 35 goals in a season like Ronaldo did.
I SAID RONALDINHO , NOT RONALDO ...I am a Ronaldo fan...nobody ,i mean nobody could surpass or replace him in my eyes...Ronaldo is the Greatest forward ever...And he still have pace to burn and no defense has found a remedy to shut him down....Back on Nov 20 th against Barca...BUt T&T comes first at this time...Nov 12th ....Go T&T
« Last Edit: November 02, 2005, 10:19:59 PM by Ponnoxx »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 02, 2005, 10:02:57 PM »

I agree with that...he is the best in the EPL.........with the help of the side he have.....
but in the World??

Ronaldinho have the edge eh but yuh have to give the man credit horse.

As was said in an eralier thread ROnaldinho doh run back and plenty times he does be missing in a game. Lampard is box to box and he doing the same thing Roandinho doing.

He does defend, run at men, free kick and score goals he might not do it with flare but he doing it same way. Doh doubt the man abillity.
Yuh might not like him but yuh go have to respect him.

Més que un club.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: November 02, 2005, 10:07:08 PM »

I believe you like boys with long hair and big teeth, you don't know what a true football player is, you must be of this new generation of wannabe football fans because if you analyse the game, Ronaldinho does less than half the things areal player would do but i believe you like him because he's Brazilian and he might beat a few men and leave their backs in a twist but what else does he do??

Horse when yuh come off wha ever yuh smoke before yuh post this....then I will answer yuh.....in fact...plain and simple:

Excellent passer, dribbler & shooter. Great technique, vision and movement. If Ronaldinho went on the free agent's list right now, coaches would literally be fighting to pick up him.

I had the fortune to see him play live for Barca in RFK stadium....The speed and ease at which he performs is mind-boggling...........trust me, he is one of a kind.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 02, 2005, 10:10:43 PM »
Ronaldinho is not really a midfielder.  He's an attacker that comes in from deep on the wing.  The man does no defensive work, no marking, or tackling.

Stop comparing Lampard and Ronaldinho.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 02, 2005, 10:17:50 PM »
Ronaldinho is not really a midfielder.  He's an attacker that comes in from deep on the wing.  The man does no defensive work, no marking, or tackling.

Stop comparing Lampard and Ronaldinho.

Exactly !! Ronaldinho is a withdrawn forward......his role in a team is way different to Lampard's. Brazil has recently developed such types as Ronaldinho, Rivaldo & Kaka ....attacking players that drop deep and have the ability to create and hence play a psuedo midfield role, but are essentially forwards .......

Baggio was the same type of player
« Last Edit: November 02, 2005, 10:19:46 PM by kicker »

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #78 on: November 02, 2005, 10:26:24 PM »
As was said in an eralier thread ROnaldinho doh run back and plenty times he does be missing in a game. Lampard is box to box and he doing the same thing Roandinho doing.

He does defend, run at men, free kick and score goals he might not do it with flare but he doing it same way. Doh doubt the man abillity.
Yuh might not like him but yuh go have to respect him.

Box to Box players:

Vieira, Nedved, Davids in his prime.

Nedved probably ranks tghe highest because he is a terror on defense while being the main attacking inspiration at the same time.

Lampard is not a Box to Box player. He is an attacking midfielder. If you believe that Lampard is sharing defensive duties with Maka and Essien then you are not really watchng Chelsea play. Just because he does run back (behind the play) and throw a foot does not mean that he is a box to box player.

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 02, 2005, 10:33:46 PM »
I was never comparing Ronaldinho and Lampard because they are definitely different players, Ronaldinho plays for about 30 minutes of a game while lampard has to play all game, Ronaldinho is more flare while Lampard is technical and tactical and at the moment Lampard is doing more for his team than Ronaldinho is doing for his.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #80 on: November 02, 2005, 10:39:04 PM »
Ronaldinho plays for about 30 minutes of a game while lampard has to play all game, Ronaldinho is more flare while Lampard is technical and tactical and at the moment Lampard is doing more for his team than Ronaldinho is doing for his.

I done with this one.

Take win pardner, take win.

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 02, 2005, 10:41:05 PM »
Ronaldinho plays for about 30 minutes of a game while lampard has to play all game, Ronaldinho is more flare while Lampard is technical and tactical and at the moment Lampard is doing more for his team than Ronaldinho is doing for his.

I done with this one.

Take win pardner, take win.

It's not about anyone winning, it's about dropping points and spreading ideas so if you disagree with what i said about Ronaldinho playing 30 minutes, say so

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 02, 2005, 10:46:38 PM »
I was never comparing Ronaldinho and Lampard because they are definitely different players, Ronaldinho plays for about 30 minutes of a game while lampard has to play all game, Ronaldinho is more flare while Lampard is technical and tactical and at the moment Lampard is doing more for his team than Ronaldinho is doing for his.

horse sometimes yuh does make a good point then at other times yuh open yuh mouth and I wonder if is the same person

Més que un club.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 02, 2005, 10:48:07 PM »

Every player has a role in his team. Both Lampard and Ronaldinho fulfil their roles very very well. Could Lampard be a Ronaldinho- I don't think so. Could Ronaldinho be a Lampard- I think he could if he was groomed in that role.

It doesn't say that one is better than the next. I think Ronaldinho is just more naturally gifted and has developed a style of play that complements his talents.......Lampard has done the same.

At the end of the day, I think "a Lampard" as a proto-type is more coachable than "a Ronaldinho".........and I think that's why the majority of people will love Ronaldinho more than Lampard......because he can do things that people can't imagine themselves or other average players doing.

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 02, 2005, 10:48:57 PM »
 FATZ is right....In terms of running up and down Ronaldinho does play roughly 30-40 mins in a game...does this make him less potent or effective??? NO, he is a absolute genius when he has the ball...A player like that can't have the ball for the entire match...If you have ever played football you would know that dribbling and holding the ball can take alot out of you...Players like Ronaldinho doesn't need 90 minutes to put their stamp on a game...

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 02, 2005, 10:59:22 PM »
Let's forget about Ronaldinho and Lampard comparison, i think we all agree there's no comparison and which i wasn't after in teh first place. I have a new question, who's better, Ronaldo or Ronaldinho??

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 02, 2005, 11:02:34 PM »
 FATZ doh compare those two...MY money on RONALDO anyday...He is Greatest forward i have ever seen...

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
WHo's better Ronaldo or Ronaldinho??
« Reply #87 on: November 02, 2005, 11:02:42 PM »
Let's get the word from all the know it alls

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: WHo's better Ronaldo or Ronaldinho??
« Reply #88 on: November 02, 2005, 11:07:00 PM »
 RONALDO...Nuff said

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: WHo's better Ronaldo or Ronaldinho??
« Reply #89 on: November 02, 2005, 11:07:34 PM »
better at what-, creating goals, scoring goals, doing pretty beat to tun up man, penetrating runs.  u should establish some sort of criteria for comparison

1]; } ?>