March 28, 2024, 08:24:27 AM

Poll

Has Ronaldinho joined Pele and Maradona as the best player in his era?

Yes
25 (47.2%)
No
28 (52.8%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Author Topic: Ronaldinho Thread  (Read 200547 times)

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ronaldinho to Chelsea , 85 million pound bid!
« Reply #600 on: August 27, 2007, 02:24:12 PM »
Rijkaard will fight it..but the club will have a real hard time looking the other way. That is just how a club is run. I doubt the number crunchers there seeing another 85million pounds of trophies and merchandise in Ronaldinho, so we go see. The suits will also look at a forward line of Eto'o, Henry and messi with Dos Santos in the wings and feel that they ahve enough firepower. 85million pounds will transfrom this from a football decision to a business$$$ decision and from that point of view - all bets are off

Hopefull Dinho would not want to go, but since he letting his brother talk to these fellas, he not exactly disgusted by the idea. I wuld be, cuz I find Barca nd Chelsea have a nasty bitter rivalry these days and I can't stand the idea of Barca men going to Chelsea - unless yuh like Belletti and was riding nuff pine and really deserev a chance to go and play somewhere.

Plus..when was the last time Barca didn't have a magical Brazilan 'R" leading the attack - Romario, Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho   

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: August 27, 2007, 02:38:51 PM »
Rijkaard will fight it..but the club will have a real hard time looking the other way. That is just how a club is run. I doubt the number crunchers there seeing another 85million pounds of trophies and merchandise in Ronaldinho, so we go see. The suits will also look at a forward line of Eto'o, Henry and messi with Dos Santos in the wings and feel that they ahve enough firepower. 85million pounds will transfrom this from a football decision to a business$$$ decision and from that point of view - all bets are off

Hopefull Dinho would not want to go, but since he letting his brother talk to these fellas, he not exactly disgusted by the idea. I wuld be, cuz I find Barca nd Chelsea have a nasty bitter rivalry these days and I can't stand the idea of Barca men going to Chelsea - unless yuh like Belletti and was riding nuff pine and really deserev a chance to go and play somewhere.

Plus..when was the last time Barca didn't have a magical Brazilan 'R" leading the attack - Romario, Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho   

Even as a Madrid fan I like to watch Barca play- in the last few seasons primarily because of Ronaldinho- if he leaves, I'll be genuinely upset...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Re: Ronaldinho To Chelsea???
« Reply #602 on: August 27, 2007, 02:43:55 PM »
steups...

1. Ronaldinho say a couple years ago he never playing for Mourinho and Chelsea, because he find they play boring football.

2. Laporta say just the other day if he sell Ronaldinho he will have to go in to exile.

3. I cant wait for transfer window to close to end all this baseless speculation

Offline Diambars

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: August 27, 2007, 02:51:27 PM »
His brother is seeking a pay raise, that is all ... he seems to be very smart.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: August 27, 2007, 02:53:17 PM »
Allyuh getting tie up.

Ronaldinho eh going nowhere. Check de scene:

#10 and he brother playing xbox in the game room.

Roberto: Look a next goal in yuh ass! Allyuh cyah stop Sunderland and Stern!
#10: You only have foot lyrics in video game. I cyah even call dat foot lyrics, that is finger lyrics! Yuh does press yuh thumbs that hard when yuh jockin?
Roberto: Steups, answer de phone.
#10: Yeah? Who? Roman? I playing in Spain, not Italy. Oho!!! Fuh real? Dat sounding interesting.... Hol on. (puts hand over receiver) Ay! yuh want to go on a trip?
Roberto: Where?
#10: Me eh know, London I think. Let me check... Yeah... Yuh know de season start, I will have to send my reporesentative. Mr. de Assis Moreira. Not asses, Assis. Nah, my last name is "inho." Ronald Inho, dey make a mistake and leave out the space when they print de jersey.
Roberto: Oh gawd ah go dead!
#10: Hush nah boy, I negotiating... Yeah.. Is big money yuh talking eh, since I cyah make the turn, yuh go have to show my rep what the scene is...Yeah, Private Jet, de who, nah! Ah nice hotel too. Mayfair... that could wuk. And yuh hadda make sure yuh supply de bes smallies too eh. He hadda be able to sit the champagne bottle down on the bumsee after he bathe them. Cool. Send a car Wednesday. I go tell dem men after he report back. Later.
#10: Doh say I never do nutting for you eh.
Roberto: Whatever man, look Carlos making the cut-in from de wing...

Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: August 27, 2007, 02:53:43 PM »
steups...

1. Ronaldinho say a couple years ago he never playing for Mourinho and Chelsea, because he find they play boring football.

2. Laporta say just the other day if he sell Ronaldinho he will have to go in to exile.

3. I cant wait for transfer window to close to end all this baseless speculation

Baseless? Don't meetings between Ronnie's brother & Abramovich form some base for speculation?

Truss meh I eh want to see it either....but I eh go write off the speculation just yet.

If he were to rip the EPL, that would silence any critic though.....

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: August 27, 2007, 02:53:55 PM »
wo of Barcelona's stars swore Monday - Ronaldinho on the Spanish constitution as he officially obtained dual nationality and Andres Iniesta that the club would do better after the dismal goalless draw at Santander on the weekend.

"We need to indulge in some self-criticism - clearly we didn't play well yesterday," Iniesta told reporters while Ronaldinho was engaged in tying up the administrative requirements of his citizenship, four years after arriving from Paris Saint Germain, in the suburb of Gava.

Mexican teammate Giovani dos Santos is also set to obtain dual nationality in the coming days, meaning that Barca will then only have Cameroon striker Samuel Eto'o and Ivory Coast defender Toure Yaye as non-EU players in their squad.

Ronaldinho and his teammates came in for severe criticism after Sunday's league opener which left the Catalan club two points behind title holders Real Madrid, who edged out Atletico in their first match.

Neither the Brazilian nor fellow "Fantastic Four" forwards Thierry Henry, Lionel Messi and Eto'o shone in a dull showing which drew the ire of the media and former coach Johan Cruyff.

"It's the same old mistakes, nothing has changed," the Dutch legend said in a column for the Catalan newspaper El Periodico.

Midfielder Iniesta admitted that "we lacked a little freshness and turn of speed, but we have hope something positive will come out" of Sunday's below-par showing.

Spanish newspaper AS claimed earlier that Ronaldinho wanted to leave because he is fed up at paying high taxes in Spain but Barca's technical secretary Txiki Begiristain said: "He is staying with us," a judgement seemingly bolstered by the Brazilian picking up his new passport.

Més que un club.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: August 27, 2007, 03:05:54 PM »
Spanish newspaper AS claimed earlier that Ronaldinho wanted to leave because he is fed up at paying high taxes in Spain but Barca's technical secretary Txiki Begiristain said: "He is staying with us," a judgement seemingly bolstered by the Brazilian picking up his new passport.

Not sure if picking up a Spanish passport signals any kind of loyalty to Barca..it just means he can play wherever he wants in the EU.

Hope he stays.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: August 27, 2007, 03:08:07 PM »

Not sure if picking up a Spanish passport signals any kind of loyalty to Barca..it just means he can play wherever he wants in the EU.

Hope he stays.

I suppose it holds as much water as his brother flying on Roman's private jet.

Més que un club.

Offline RedDevils

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: August 27, 2007, 03:09:57 PM »
didn't ronaldinho just become a spanish citizen ? why would he want to leave now if he did that. anyway IF he leaves and goes to chelsea i'll NEVER show support for him again. he'll be one of de most hated players in europe.
Glory, Glory MANUTD.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: August 27, 2007, 03:27:49 PM »
I eh tink he can pqack he bags and say he goin Chelsea. If it was so easy KJ would a ride out of llong time. Too much emotion ann dey say oman emotional
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: August 27, 2007, 03:30:19 PM »
Hear nah....de day dis happen...is de day i resign as a ronaldinho fan......and burn all he jerseys....and delete all he video clips. I eh go mind he go any other club....but not that abomination.......

all Chelsea haters are my freinds  :devil: i agree with u
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: August 27, 2007, 04:38:57 PM »
Hear nah....de day dis happen...is de day i resign as a ronaldinho fan......and burn all he jerseys....and delete all he video clips. I eh go mind he go any other club....but not that abomination.......

all Chelsea haters are my freinds  :devil: i agree with u

lol
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: August 27, 2007, 04:45:55 PM »
Allyuh getting tie up.

#10: You only have foot lyrics in video game. I cyah even call dat foot lyrics, that is finger lyrics! Yuh does press yuh thumbs that hard when yuh jockin?
#10: Yeah? Who? Roman? I playing in Spain, not Italy. Oho!!! Fuh real? Dat sounding interesting.... Hol on. (puts hand over receiver) Ay! yuh want to go on a trip?
#10: Me eh know, London I think. Let me check... Yeah... Yuh know de season start, I will have to send my reporesentative. Mr. de Assis Moreira. Not asses, Assis. Nah, my last name is "inho." Ronald Inho, dey make a mistake and leave out the space when they print de jersey.
#10: Hush nah boy, I negotiating... Yeah.. Is big money yuh talking eh, since I cyah make the turn, yuh go have to show my rep what the scene is...Yeah, Private Jet, de who, nah! Ah nice hotel too. Mayfair... that could wuk. And yuh hadda make sure yuh supply de bes smallies too eh. He hadda be able to sit the champagne bottle down on the bumsee after he bathe them. Cool. Send a car Wednesday. I go tell dem men after he report back. Later.

oh gorm oh  :rotfl:
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline doublet750

• Hero Warrior
  • mi nuevo nombre es dinho mi vida es joga bonito
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: August 27, 2007, 05:50:54 PM »
doubt it will happen but i have found i guess the report as it was printed on in the daiyl mail i think...the site ill paste here hsa the page with it...also some talk of alves heading to barca when ronnie (or if) he leaves

its a good read with barca direcotr Tixi saying he wont go anywhere.....but an unknown direcotr saying that one ofr the fab 4 is leaving highlighting etoo as close to laporta...messi da fans young favorite and henry da new boy...this coupled with the interesting way ppl have said ronnie isnt helping barca lately (not too mention the iniesta report where he admited they needed to step up) can only help for a good read at the very least

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=478182&in_page_id=1779&ito=newsnow

Offline Diambars

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
£100m quest for Ronaldinho-Crazy!
« Reply #615 on: August 27, 2007, 07:41:39 PM »

What is this game comming too?

£100m quest for Ronaldinho shows Roman's back in love with Chelsea
EXCLUSIVE by MATT LAWTON - More by this author »

Last updated at 23:43pm on 27th August 2007

Comments

Roman Abramovich is prepared to make Ronaldinho the Premier League's first £200,000-a-week player in a bid to lure him from Barcelona to Chelsea.

As Sportsmail revealed on Monday, Chelsea's Russian owner has already held two meetings with the Brazilian's brother, Roberto de Assis Moreira, after he approached the club.

Ronaldinho suffers during Sunday's goalless draw at Santander and (right) arrives at court on Monday to be granted dual nationality

Encouraged by those meetings, Abramovich is now ready to authorise a deal worth a staggering £100million for a player who would add flair to an already formidable Chelsea team.

Half that money would go to Ronaldinho in wages over the next five years and the other half would go directly to Barcelona as a British record £50m transfer fee for the 27-year-old double World Player of the Year.

Ronaldinho has an £85m buy-out clause in his contract but the full amount applies only to Spanish clubs and is essentially designed to prevent him from ever following Luis Figo to Real Madrid.

Barcelona's sporting director, Txiki Beguiristain, told Sportsmail on Monday that Ronaldinho was not for sale. 'Any big European club would want Ronaldinho but he is ours and there is no chance of him leaving,' he said.

'Honestly, not even Chelsea have the kind of money that can match the value we put on Ronaldinho. He is the symbol of the club and it is therefore impossible to sell him.

'It would be sporting suicide to do it now. To help a big Champions League rival like Chelsea would be total madness. If the agent has travelled to London that is not important to me.'

How the Spanish press reported Matt Lawton's world exclusive in Monday's Sportsmail

There is, however, another director at Barca who has given members of the Spanish media a very different briefing, insisting that one of the 'big four' will leave before the transfer window closes at midnight on Friday for a fee of around '70 million euros'.

Given that Lionel Messi is the darling of the fans, Samuel Eto'o is close to club president Joan Laporta and Thierry Henry has only just arrived from Arsenal, Ronaldinho's departure appears most likely.

Barcelona might be reluctant sellers but they have been just as reluctant to offer Ronaldinho a new deal and a two-year extension to a contract that already runs until 2010, not least because of his disappointing form last season.

They are also desperate to raise the £25m needed to buy Dani Alves from Sevilla, which is proving difficult as they have debts of £180m.

Abramovich, who became so disillusioned with Chelsea at one stage last season that he stopped going to games, sees Ronaldinho as the player who can inject what he considers to be some muchneeded excitement into Jose Mourinho's side.

Although chief executive Peter Kenyon has said it was planned to make Chelsea a self-sufficient business within five years, Champions League success and entertainment now seem to be the priorities of the Russian billionaire

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: August 27, 2007, 08:03:27 PM »
didn't ronaldinho just become a spanish citizen ? why would he want to leave now if he did that. anyway IF he leaves and goes to chelsea i'll NEVER show support for him again. he'll be one of de most hated players in europe.

I don't know what Ronaldinho intentions are (obviously). But Spanish citizenship doh mean he want to stay in Spain. It just means he is an EU citizen and not taking up a non EU spot at Barca anymore (if he stays). More importantly, it gives him more options as he can play anywhere in the EU (if he goes). Ronaldinho didn't necesarily get Spanish citizenship cuz he wants to stay in Spain

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: August 27, 2007, 08:16:33 PM »
Allyuh getting tie up.

oh lawd  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: August 29, 2007, 06:28:27 AM »
'He would give us an option if he does come and it would be great for the Premier League to have a player like Ronaldinho here. He was close to going to Manchester United a few years ago but, for me personally and for everyone at Chelsea, it would be great to have him with us.

'I'd like to think he could fit into the team, though he'd have to learn about the defensive duties expected of everyone.

'We've got wide men going forward but they've got defensive responsibilities as well.'

Terry added: 'It takes players a month or so to learn that you have to track back and, if you don't, then you come off.

'Once you've realised that it's about a team and defending as well, you can attack as well and he can give us something that not many in the world can give us. I suppose if he's doing what he's so good at going forward, then perhaps the manager will let him off a little bit at the back, but we'd have to see.'

this is an exert from john terry's response to the ronaldhino rumour.

defensive Discipline on the wings  was one of our many short comings at the U17 WC and i cringe when i hear the u15 has that problem. the easiest way into your oponents box is on the flanks as u have 2 players to beat. if one is out of position 80% of the time, that is madness.

is one thing for the opposition to have an excellent winger but is ah next thing when we not keeping our defensive shape consistently

thats what i kept asking since U17 what formation were we really playing
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: August 29, 2007, 11:58:37 AM »

Even as a Madrid fan I like to watch Barca play- in the last few seasons primarily because of Ronaldinho- if he leaves, I'll be genuinely upset...

But we'z get every Chelsea game on tv. iz not like he goin to the middle east or someting
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: August 29, 2007, 12:33:42 PM »

But we'z get every Chelsea game on tv. iz not like he goin to the middle east or someting

Yeah but I not on Chelsea.....and watching Barca won't be the same....

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: August 29, 2007, 12:49:26 PM »
that might hit meh harder that when Figo leave

I might not recover from that one nuh, that might be the nail in meh coffin

Més que un club.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: August 29, 2007, 12:51:58 PM »

Yeah but I not on Chelsea.....and watching Barca won't be the same....

Well, later fuh you, den!  We doh need you!  ;D

But seriously, this is a deal that would never materialize.  This would tip the Champions' League scales of the newly formed Chelsea-Barcelona rivalry a little too heavily in Chelsea's favour than for the football gods to allow this to happen. and even as a Chelsea/Jose fan (but I am also a Barca fan though, eh) I wouldn't really be feeling this deal.........the EPL ain't for brazilians.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: August 29, 2007, 12:54:20 PM »

You's a Chelsea man Chow? Yuh disappoint meh....  ;D

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: August 29, 2007, 01:09:01 PM »

You's a Chelsea man Chow? Yuh disappoint meh....  ;D

Doh worry, as soon as Jose leave and adidas pullout, ah jumpin' off de waggon!  ;D

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: August 29, 2007, 01:10:04 PM »
how much authentic Chelsea fans you think it have Kicker?

who dey since the days of Gustavo Poyet, Di Mateo, Gianfranco Big Head Zola, Tore Andre Flo and cyah forget man like Vialli

is ah set ah now come who jes feel it cool to back Chelsea

Més que un club.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: August 29, 2007, 01:19:24 PM »

who dey since the days of Gustavo Poyet, Di Mateo, Gianfranco Big Head Zola, Tore Andre Flo and cyah forget man like Vialli

Boy!! I watchin' dem blues since I small!!
    I was likin' dem since all dem days (dat is de squad that got my attention, and yh fuhget Dessailly, by the way) they was playin' nice football and ting but they was frustratin' people by underacheiving. 

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: August 29, 2007, 01:22:17 PM »

I was likin' dem since all dem days (dat is de squad that got my attention, and yh fuhget Dessailly, by the way) they was playin' nice football and ting but they was frustratin' people by underacheiving. 

The only man I didn't really like on that Chelsea squad back in dem days (which wasn't too long ago anyway) was Jimmy Floyd Haaselbank.........

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: August 29, 2007, 01:31:48 PM »

Yuh mean yuh watching blues since yuh small. Judgment waggonistical fans............yuh does always hear dem...."Boy i supporting chelsea LONG time.....ting ting ting"......as soon as jose leave chelsea go return to de shit squad it was designed to be. Nuttin personal eh....i jus hate dat team wit a burning passion......like a purge quivering in my anus.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: August 29, 2007, 01:35:24 PM »

i jus hate dat team wit a burning passion......like a purge quivering in my anus.

that is how I does feel bout ManUre

an epic battle was Barca vs Chelsea in the CL 99/00 with Figo and dem
that went down to the wire

Més que un club.

1]; } ?>