April 27, 2024, 06:49:24 PM

Poll

Has Ronaldinho joined Pele and Maradona as the best player in his era?

Yes
25 (47.2%)
No
28 (52.8%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Author Topic: Ronaldinho Thread  (Read 202938 times)

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Why Ronaldinho Has No Last Name
« Reply #360 on: June 22, 2006, 03:10:52 PM »
dey give up de slave name or rather the name of the dude who in some situations even raped their for-parents.  People aint go want to talk bout dat tho...

;D dis is ah football forum dreadlocks

Oh gorm leave sellasie leh him vent nah,, poor fellah

de done claim he forced to shop in babylon wal-mart...plus de place flooded out like new orleans

Too much stress on de man
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: June 22, 2006, 04:54:58 PM »
The article is not garbage. I have read a bit on Brazilain culture and history and what is written here sounds basically true

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: June 22, 2006, 08:00:10 PM »
dey give up de slave name or rather the name of the dude who in some situations even raped their for-parents.  People aint go want to talk bout dat tho...

;D dis is ah football forum dreadlocks

Oh gorm leave sellasie leh him vent nah,, poor fellah

de done claim he forced to shop in babylon wal-mart...plus de place flooded out like new orleans

Too much stress on de man

HAHA GOOD THIng my locks is for style
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
Ronaldinhooooo!!!!
« Reply #363 on: June 26, 2006, 07:03:34 AM »
Brazil and in particular Ronaldo has been criticized for their play. With af ew exceptions most of the big names have not been at their best. Kaka for me has been the most consistent and after watching him live his movement and work rate is eye opening, but the supporting cast has not supported. Ronaldo has answered the call (at least in one game).

Now I know for many Ronaldinho is an untouchable, but I will ask the question anyway.

Does Ronaldinho have to step up and lead Brazil? As World player of the year for the last two years does he need to make the biggest stage his.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline UK_Soca_warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ronaldinhooooo!!!!
« Reply #364 on: June 26, 2006, 07:15:23 AM »
Yes

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: June 26, 2006, 07:28:05 AM »
Brazil and in particular Ronaldo has been criticized for their play. With af ew exceptions most of the big names have not been at their best. Kaka for me has been the most consistent and after watching him live his movement and work rate is eye opening, but the supporting cast has not supported. Ronaldo has answered the call (at least in one game).

Now I know for many Ronaldinho is an untouchable, but I will ask the question anyway.

Does Ronaldinho have to step up and lead Brazil? As World player of the year for the last two years does he need to make the biggest stage his.

What do you think?

Me...I think his most important role in this WC will be decoy.  We have already seen where regularly 3 players converge on Ronaldinho the moment he gets the ball.  So I believe his role will be to get rid of the ball quickly & get it to his teammates because OTHERS will have space to do damage.

That he will step it up is without question.  That's a no brainer.  It is the first round after all and as somebody said...the REAL World Cup started on Saturday.  But PERHAPS when he does step it up, it may not be in the way that many people might envision.

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: June 26, 2006, 07:47:22 AM »
watch nah..doh goatmout meh team and players nah..it eh broke....  8)

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: June 26, 2006, 07:59:43 AM »

Where U come from? Your team home ahready. Like is ah Trini organge yuh supporting, yellow not the sunkis orange.

Allyuh eh like nobody at all eh  ;D
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: June 26, 2006, 08:06:37 AM »

Where U come from? Your team home ahready. Like is ah Trini organge yuh supporting, yellow not the sunkis orange.

Allyuh eh like nobody at all eh  ;D

Wha u went and tell he de result for?  Yuh done know he probably eh see de match yet.  GPS had to go dept store to shop fuh jeans whole day.  :rotfl: :rotfl:
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline shivadee

• Full Warrior
  • There is only ONE number 7. And its worn in Trini
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: June 26, 2006, 08:13:13 AM »

you watching too much ESPN with the US Comentator.....i hearing U2 song playing in the background for this comment you have here.

truetrini

« Reply #370 on: June 26, 2006, 08:16:46 AM »

you watching too much ESPN with the US Comentator.....i hearing U2 song playing in the background for this comment you have here.

wey allyuh does come from boy?

steups!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: June 26, 2006, 08:35:55 AM »
Although, they were pretty bad against Australia, and only average against Croatia, I think Brazil played up to expectations for most of the Japan game, and I dunno about anyone else, but Ronaldinho was superb in that match.....I do agree that alot of Brazil's creativity hinges on Ronaldinho, as the play often goes through him. Robinho has also been very good....

Adriano & Ronaldo (despite his double) are yet to perform up to expectations in my opinion......Cafu & Roberto Carlos are just not very good players anymore, but no one wants to admit it....and Juan is the glaring weak link in the back......

Despite all of that, Brazil still has a very good shot at winning it all.

Brazil should start Robinho, Cicinho, Gilberto Silva & Gilberto (substitute left back).....leave R.Carlos, Cafu, Emerson & Adriano on the bench....R.Carlos & Cafu are living off legacy, Emerson is a solid player, but gets in the way of creativity & Adriano is going through a rough patch.....
« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 08:48:15 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: June 26, 2006, 08:45:01 AM »
I thought Cafu played really well. It is interesting to see that Brazil played more like Brazil with both Cafu and Roberto Carlos benched, though. With the exception of Ronaldo...it was players who would otherwise be subs that scored: Juninho, Gilberto and Cicinho - exciting attack-minded players who still play their positions well.

Ronaldinho for me has had a real quiet tournament so far. Sure he has three players converge on him as soon as he gets the ball but this happens in his Barca games and he deals with it. His long passes are surprisingly way off too. But, it is Ronaldinho, so no doubt we haven't seen the best of him dis tournament yet.  :beermug:

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: June 26, 2006, 09:05:19 AM »
Although, they were pretty bad against Australia, and only average against Croatia, I think Brazil played up to expectations for most of the Japan game, and I dunno about anyone else, but Ronaldinho was superb in that match.....I do agree that alot of Brazil's creativity hinges on Ronaldinho, as the play often goes through him. Robinho has also been very good....

Adriano & Ronaldo (despite his double) are yet to perform up to expectations in my opinion......Cafu & Roberto Carlos are just not very good players anymore, but no one wants to admit it....and Juan is the glaring weak link in the back......

Despite all of that, Brazil still has a very good shot at winning it all.

Brazil should start Robinho, Cicinho, Gilberto Silva & Gilberto (substitute left back).....leave R.Carlos, Cafu, Emerson & Adriano on the bench....R.Carlos & Cafu are living off legacy, Emerson is a solid player, but gets in the way of creativity & Adriano is going through a rough patch.....

I also rather play Juninho than Emerson, but I think Juan has really handled himself well so far.
The play of the defense has been a bright spot for Brazil in my opinion.
Of course I agree with you about Cicinho, I think he is a star (But he still eh ready for Carlos Edwards!)
If Robinho is fit, Adriano definitely cannot start. He can sub Ronaldo at around the 55, 60 minute mark
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: June 26, 2006, 09:10:46 AM »

What do you think?

Me...I think his most important role in this WC will be decoy.  We have already seen where regularly 3 players converge on Ronaldinho the moment he gets the ball.  So I believe his role will be to get rid of the ball quickly & get it to his teammates because OTHERS will have space to do damage.

That he will step it up is without question.  That's a no brainer.  It is the first round after all and as somebody said...the REAL World Cup started on Saturday.  But PERHAPS when he does step it up, it may not be in the way that many people might envision.

Only adding to this that we also have to realize that Barcelona is not Brasil. Brasil doesn't rely on  Ronaldhino as much as Barcelona does. Ronaldhino seem to really thrive  on the need to need him....
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #375 on: June 26, 2006, 10:22:28 AM »
Well i admit dey start real slow....buh from the coach comments before the world cup....he like he taking the approach of building up to their peak. Croatia was dissapointing....australia they try a few fancy knocks.....Japan ah lil more. I read a article this morning that ronaldinho admitted he performs better for barcelona.....and promises to improve his performances for his nation. I like all other football fans will welcome dat. Hopefully he and brazil will step into the groove and deliver.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #376 on: June 26, 2006, 10:30:05 AM »
Ronaldinho is definitely not as dominating for Brazil as he is for barcelona.  He is playing in a deep lying position.  The good thing about that is it creates more space for Kaka because although Ronaldinho is playing deep he still draws a lot of attention from the opposition.

Parreira should play him up front with Ronaldo since Robinho is out. Adriano and Ronaldo is not a good combination.
My line up would be
Dida,Juan, Lucio,Cafu,Gilberto,ZeRoberto,GilbertoSilva,
Kaka,Juninho,Ronaldinho,Ronaldo.

regardless of what position Ronaldinho plays right now he still need to step up his game and I have no doubt he will.

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: June 26, 2006, 10:38:41 AM »
he has more of a playmaker role in this team
dont expect to be making to many runs and scoring many goals
he is trying to set up team mates
even if he has a shot he looks to pass the ball

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: June 26, 2006, 12:24:51 PM »
ghana go run them out!!!  ;D
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline richpy

• Sr. Warrior
  • *Marta is ah boss*
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: June 26, 2006, 05:01:16 PM »
While not exactly lighting up the tounrnament thus far, I think Ronaldinho is playing pretty good. I think he is having a similar tournament to Zidane - both are looking to feed other players and not yet taking the game by the scruff. While I hope they do begin to seize the game, don't forget their valuable contributions- Ronaldinho is playing (dare I say it!) a quarter-back role, picking out especially Kaka, Robinho, etc. making runs in front of him.
Ketch footballitis

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: June 26, 2006, 06:02:51 PM »
It so sad that Robinho is out for the match against Ghana but, he'll be ready for the next round should they make it past Ghana.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: June 26, 2006, 06:46:49 PM »
Ronaldinho is definitely not as dominating for Brazil as he is for barcelona.  He is playing in a deep lying position.  The good thing about that is it creates more space for Kaka because although Ronaldinho is playing deep he still draws a lot of attention from the opposition.

Parreira should play him up front with Ronaldo since Robinho is out. Adriano and Ronaldo is not a good combination.
My line up would be

regardless of what position Ronaldinho plays right now he still need to step up his game and I have no doubt he will.

dumplindinho :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

nice name
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline trini supporter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: June 26, 2006, 08:00:11 PM »
Ronaldinho probably is not playing at his best right now but he will surely be the one to take over from Ronaldo in the future

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #383 on: June 26, 2006, 10:22:02 PM »

My line up would be

dumplindinho :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

nice name

morvant yuh ketching kicks on mih name... ;D
That is the closest I will get to being ah brazilian.

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #384 on: June 26, 2006, 10:39:54 PM »
Ronaldinhoooooo must step up and play big for Brazil to go on.He eh playing no decoy,to much of ah big play maker to waste him like that,the ball always passing thru him ,is just that he not finding room to work,but he will,he's ah great great player and I think the better the opposition get the better he will play and shine,he have to play good ,if not crapo smoke Brazil pipe...Ghana playing real good.
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #385 on: June 27, 2006, 05:50:50 AM »
When the second goal was scored against Australia I saw Ronaldinho and Parreira kixin on the touch line. I was a bit perplexed because the peformance was a rather sub-par one yet the coach and a senior player on the team laughing about it. Perhaps I don't understand Brazillian culture but from what I saw in their next game I think the Brazillians know exactly what they are doing. Ronaldinho was on fire in that game and as mentioned earlier did not hold on to the ball very long. They know its the second round and they are playing a team that advanced from a group that included Italy and the Czech Republic. The Brazillians including Ronaldinho will step up .

Offline LICKS4SO

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Mabye Ronaldinho not that hot after all...
« Reply #386 on: July 10, 2006, 05:05:32 PM »
I know some man on this board might disagree...but we have given this man god like status
some may say,that he is among the best of all time. However, Mardonna and Pele made magic during the world cup,
 Ronaldinho made a mess!

Offline Strip

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Mabye Ronaldinho not that hot after all...
« Reply #387 on: July 10, 2006, 05:18:03 PM »
Nah man Dinho is a boss and he still have time to mature even more... I wouldnt put him at Zidane level but he definitely has the torch now as the midfield general now that Zizou is gone.

Offline marcus

• Sr. Warrior
  • BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 10, 2006, 05:33:43 PM »
I know some man on this board might disagree...but we have given this man god like status
some may say,that he is among the best of all time. However, Mardonna and Pele made magic during the world cup,
 Ronaldinho made a mess!

yo yuh real late on this topic, something like this has already been discussed

http://www.socawarriorssc.com/swonline/smf/index.phptopic=18609.msg189756#msg189756

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 10, 2006, 05:54:22 PM »
 Ronaldinho made a mess!

1) Ronaldinho had a poor WC 2006, but he had a boss WC 2002. Doh mind Ronaldo and Rivaldo stole most of the headlines then, everybody know Ronaldinho break out that tournament and Brazil wasn't winning without him. He is already a champion...so doh forget that.

2) Greatness is not made in the WC, but football you play week in week out with your club. The WC may confirm the greatness of some because it is sucha  huge spectacle and everybody watches at hte same time, so then you get a mass consensus as to who is best, but this is an inaccurate way to judge the greateness of a player. That is why players who do well in the WC, but are mediocre at club level are considered flukes and not all that good (ie. Schillacci), but if you dominate at club level but don't excel at the WC you are still considered a great player (Van Basten). Many greats don't even get to play in a WC.

Forget the hype. Dominating in a WC takes as much good fortune as skill. Everything has to fall right for you at that time..It is such a short period in a players life. It may be the greatest football event in the world, but it is easy for a lot to go wrong for the best, and a lot to go right for the mediocre. Even the so-called 'one man shows' need a great supporting cast. trust me, if Argentina's defense in 1986 was not superb, and Valdano and Burrchaga were not in such good form, Maradona would still be great, but he may not have been a WC winner. Pele played on 3 WC teams where he was never the only standout megastar...It just not as simple as you trying to put it...plus Ronaldinho is now reaching his peak..everyone can see he is becoming a better player every year.

1]; } ?>