April 18, 2024, 04:09:26 PM

Poll

Has Ronaldinho joined Pele and Maradona as the best player in his era?

Yes
25 (47.2%)
No
28 (52.8%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Author Topic: Ronaldinho Thread  (Read 201876 times)

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ronaldinho: "Everything that was said this week was a motivation for me"
« Reply #570 on: February 26, 2007, 07:32:48 PM »
Against Athletic Bilbao we saw the best of Barça again. A special mention goes to Ronaldinho, who was especially motivated after all the talk of his being overweight this week.

Overweight? Out of form? All the other nonsense stories? Ronaldinho proved against Bilbao that there is nothing to worry about. He posted one of his best performances of his career, and claims that the criticism only served to motivate him more than ever. He hit the post twice, once from a free kick and another when he ran through a whole group of defenders and put his effort just over Aranzubia; he laid on the second goal for Eto'o and was the author of several other specular plays. All the Brazilian failed to do was score and that was his only disappointment. "Today was my son's birthday" he said. "And I wanted to score and do a special celebration".

The following are some of the most interesting comments made by the players after the game:

Ronaldinho

"I am very happy with the win, Eto'o returning and the way the team played so well. All that was missing was a goal. They worked well and now we just need to keep going forwards."
"Whenever I finish a game I always swap shirts with somebody. This week there have been a few stories about me being fat, but I feel fine and have no problem taking my shirt off. In fact, all that was said this week has helped to make me a better player."
"I never go onto the pitch assuming I am going to score. My job is to lay on assists for the others and to enjoy myself. But today being my son's birthday I wanted to score and do a special celebration."
"It was very important for the team to have Eto'o back. He is our reference up front. Me and he know each other very well and with just one glance we know what we need to do. It is very important to have him fully fit."
"We know we have a difficult month ahead and that winning today was important. Now we have Zaragoza and turning the tie around is going to be difficult. There is still some time before the Sevilla match and we have to take each match as it comes."
"Every day that goes by I am surer that I will be here for many more years. The people love me and I am sure that things will work out well."

Iniesta

"We needed the win today, especially to clean up our image. We played a good game and now we need this improvement to carry over to Zaragoza, or it won't have served any purpose whatsoever."
"Eto'o is out of this world and showed that again today. Samu transits so many things and the team felt that in a positive sense."

Gio

"I think we played a good game. In the first half we got three goals and we played well in the second too. The most important thing was getting the three points."
"Now we have some difficult weeks and today's result helps make us optimistic going into the Zaragoza game."
"I think Eto'o looked fine. He is working very hard in training and today he scored a great goal."
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ronaldinho: "Everything that was said this week was a motivation for me"
« Reply #571 on: February 26, 2007, 07:53:14 PM »
watch this pieve ah Ronaldinho skill

http://www.d1g.com/video/show/501210

Més que un club.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: February 26, 2007, 09:16:05 PM »
watch this pieve ah Ronaldinho skill

http://www.d1g.com/video/show/501210

:rotfl:

Come wit dat talk nex game in anfield. in fact....call him fat ugly and overrated. We go see how much men go hadda check chiropractor due to spanneration.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 09:30:05 PM by Bourbon »
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: February 26, 2007, 10:04:38 PM »
De enterprise was a bit concerned wid Barca's form, but we were never worried, 2 much f*****g talent on dis Barca team, tuh get worried. All teams dead from her on, watch de ride from here. Anfield  ???  ??? dey will get embarrassed in front ah dey home crowd, dey playing Barca at de wrong time, Ronaldinho and Eto'o, dey have something tuh prove tuh de critics. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
Ronaldinho richest player in the world
« Reply #574 on: March 30, 2007, 10:05:34 PM »
Man United ranked world's most valuable team; Ronaldinho richest player

March 30, 2007

LONDON (AP) -- Manchester United is the most valuable team in world soccer and Ronaldinho the highest-earning player, according to a survey by Forbes magazine.

Despite having only the fourth-highest annual revenue at $310 million, United is reported by the American business magazine to be worth $1.453 billion.

ADVERTISEMENT

Real Madrid is ranked second at $1.036 billion, but has the highest revenue of $374 million.

Arsenal is the third most valuable at $915 million, but its revenue of $246 million is only ninth overall.

Bayern Munich, AC Milan, Juventus, Inter Milan, Chelsea, FC Barcelona and Schalke round out the top 10.

Man United was one of 10 English teams in the top 25, with four each from Italy and Germany, two from Spain, France and Scotland, and one from the Netherlands.

Barcelona star Ronaldinho moved to the top of the richest soccer player list, relegating David Beckham to second.

The Brazilian is worth $29.5 million, according to Forbes, with Beckham at $29.1 million.

Beckham is likely to go back to the top spot when he moves to the Los Angeles Galaxy of Major League Soccer this summer.

The top 10 is rounded out by Ronaldo (AC Milan), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Michael Ballack (Chelsea), Thierry Henry (Arsenal), Zinedine Zidane (retired), Fabio Cannavaro (Real Madrid), John Terry (Chelsea), and Steven Gerrard (Liverpool).

Forbes used revenues and operating income for the 2005-06 season and converted the figure into U.S. dollars based on June 30, 2006, exchange rates.

good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ronaldinho richest player in the world
« Reply #575 on: April 01, 2007, 03:20:31 AM »

Barcelona star Ronaldinho moved to the top of the richest soccer player list, relegating David Beckham to second.

The Brazilian is worth $29.5 million, according to Forbes, with Beckham at $29.1 million.

Beckham is likely to go back to the top spot when he moves to the Los Angeles Galaxy of Major League Soccer this summer.

All that money Arsenal has and they pay their players so little and always fussing abt the prices in the transfer market....

No disrespect but would beckham ever get paid his worth on the field...Highest paid footballer doing what??....definitely not winning trophies for no big club...

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: April 01, 2007, 01:34:09 PM »
GLORY!! GLORY!!

MAN U FOREVER!!
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: April 02, 2007, 01:26:17 PM »
Sunderland will be up there soon! Allyuh watch and see!  ;)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: April 02, 2007, 01:45:09 PM »
Dey eh mention Joe Public?

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: April 02, 2007, 02:42:27 PM »
 I feel that figure is the players' salary, not their worth
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: April 02, 2007, 05:11:21 PM »
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Davids in talks over move to MLS
« Reply #581 on: May 11, 2007, 11:18:51 AM »
Look wa Davids doin for Ajax.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMVfotRlehQ

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
Dunga summons Kaka, Ronaldinho
« Reply #582 on: August 08, 2007, 10:51:01 AM »
Dunga summons Kaka, Ronaldinho 
Associated Press, Updated 15 hours ago   STORY TOOLS:                         

print   
send   
blog     LIKE THIS STORY?

SAO PAULO, Brazil (AP) - Ronaldinho and Kaka will return to Brazil's national team for a friendly against Algeria at the end of the month in France.

Coach Dunga summoned the duo plus 20 others for the match on Aug. 22 in Montpellier.
Kaka and Ronaldinho skipped the Copa America won by Brazil last month to take vacation following the European season.

"Our job is to do what is best for the national team. We need to summon the players who we feel are the best for the team," Dunga said.

Dunga made other four changes from the squad that won the South American championship in Venezuela, adding goalkeeper Julio Cesar, defender Lucio, midfielder Lucas and striker Rafael Sobis. Among those not called for the friendly were Helton, Alex, Gilberto Silva, Anderson, Afonso and Fred.

"We tried to maintain a base," Dunga said. "But the national team is open to everyone and all players will have a chance to return in the future. Those who were summoned need to take advantage of every minute to deserve another chance."

It will be Brazil's 12th friendly since Dunga replaced Carlos Alberto Parreira after the team's World Cup quarterfinal elimination in France. Brazil has won seven games, lost one and drawn three under Dunga.

International Friendly
Wed., Aug. 22, 12:30 p.m. -
   Brazil vs. Algeria

All times ET, subject to change.
TV Schedule this week
Brazil has beaten Algeria in all three games between the two, including in the 1986 World Cup in Mexico.

"The Algerian team plays compact and uses speed on counterattacks," Dunga said. "But against Brazil they'll certainly play differently, as every team does."

The Brazilian soccer confederation also announced Brazil will play Mexico on Sept. 12 in Boston. Brazil also may face Canada at a location and a date still to be determined.

Brazil and Mexico have played 30 times, with the Brazilians winning 18 matches and Mexico winning six, including their last two meetings: at the 2005 Confederations Cup and in the Copa America in June.

Since winning the Copa America last month, Brazil has turned its attention to World Cup qualifying that begins in October. Brazil will debut against Colombia and then will face Ecuador, Peru and Uruguay.

"We will play two friendlies in September before the qualifying matches, we have to take advantage of these opportunities and keep the national team active," supervisor Americo Faria said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roster:

Goalkeepers: Julio Cesar (Inter Milan), Doni (AS Roma)

Defenders: Alex Silva (Sao Paulo), Lucio (Bayern Munich), Juan (AS Roma), Naldo (Werder Bremen), Gilberto (Hertha Berlin), Maicon (Inter Milan), Daniel Alves (Sevilla), Kleber (Santos)

advertisement

STORY TOOLS:                         

print   
send   
blog     LIKE THIS STORY?

Midfielders: Josue (Sao Paulo), Diego (Werder Bremen), Elano (Manchester City), Mineiro (Hertha Berlin), Kaka (AC Milan), Fernando (Bordeaux), Ronaldinho (FC Barcelona), Julio Batista (Real Madrid), Lucas (Liverpool)

Forwards: Robinho (Real Madrid), Vagner Love (CSKA Moscow), Rafael Sobis (Real Betis).

soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Dunga summons Kaka, Ronaldinho
« Reply #583 on: August 08, 2007, 10:55:56 AM »
Ronaldo get de shaft again

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: August 08, 2007, 11:27:53 AM »

nah man dey saving him for de qualifiers  :D
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: August 08, 2007, 11:38:20 AM »

Maybe not....Ronaldo tore his hamstring at the end of last season and has not appeared in any of Milan's preseason games. Under those circumstances, I can't see how Dunga could select him. Ancellotti says he will be fit for the Serie A season opener, but so far he hasn't been able to show his form or fitness in the buildup to the new season

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: August 08, 2007, 11:49:14 AM »

Maybe not....Ronaldo tore his hamstring at the end of last season and has not appeared in any of Milan's preseason games. Under those circumstances, I can't see how Dunga could select him. Ancellotti says he will be fit for the Serie A season opener, but so far he hasn't been able to show his form or fitness in the buildup to the new season

Ah I see. I wasn't aware of that because I remember reading that Dunga was considering him for the Algeria game. Thanks for the info.  :beermug:

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Diambars

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Ronaldinho To Chelsea???
« Reply #587 on: August 26, 2007, 06:08:10 PM »
Roman's dream scheme: Get me Ronaldinho, the best player in the world... by Friday!
By MATT LAWTON - More by this author »

Last updated at 23:30pm on 26th August 2007

Comments

Roman Abramovich has held two meetings with Ronaldinho's brother and adviser, the second in London this weekend, in the hope of bringing the Barcelona superstar to Chelsea.

In the most audacious transfer business of his Chelsea tenure, the Russian billionaire spent the weekend entertaining Roberto de Assis Moreira, flying him in on his private jet and putting him up at the exclusive Lanesborough Hotel in Mayfair.

Hold on! Barcelona coach Frank Rijkaard grabs Ronaldinho (right) during last night's 0-0 draw in Santander, which did not go to plan

Read more...

James fumbles main chance
Robben: I was relieved to leave Chelsea
Benitez: Keane can become 'the special one'
Belletti hunts for medals
James prizes England place
Sir Bobby Robson: Is it time to leave out Owen?
Wayne sharpens a sense of waste
Keane's latest rant: Stop harassing referees

Abramovich held the second meeting with Moreira at his Knightsbridge house on Saturday morning and is understood to have put an offer to him that would make the Brazil star the highest paid player in Europe.

Sources at Chelsea last night insisted that the first approach came from Ronaldinho's camp and it is unclear what exact figures have been discussed.

It will, however, dwarf the £130,000-a-week deal recently agreed with captain John Terry.

Luring Ronaldinho from the Nou Camp is not going to be easy, and not just because the summer transfer window closes this Friday.

There is the buy-out clause in the contract Ronaldinho signed at Barcelona in September 2005 which runs until 2010. It is a staggering £85million.

But Abramovich is desperate to see his Chelsea side play with more flair and adventure, not least after seeing them stutter to a 1-0 win against Portsmouth on Saturday, and would consider it money well spent for the 27-year-old, who has twice been named World Player of the Year.

Stamford Bridge officials have also been encouraged by Ronaldinho's stuttering performance as part of a three-pronged attack in Barca's La Liga opener against Racing Santander, which they drew 0-0.

Evidence is mounting that the talented attacking quartet of Ronaldinho, Samuel Eto'o, Thierry Henry and Lionel Messi is becoming increasingly difficult for Nou Camp boss Frank Rijkaard to juggle.

Sportsmail understands that Moreira flew back to Spain last night to speak to his brother following the fixture in Santander and discuss the meeting he had with Abramovich.

On Friday, Jose Mourinho said the transfer window had now closed for Chelsea, insisting the arrival of Juliano Belletti from Barcelona marked the end of their recruitment drive.

"I have closed the door of my dressing room and that's very important to me," said the Chelsea boss. "My squad is completely closed. I know the market is open until the 31st - but not for us."

The Brazilian may now be heading to Chelsea after his adviser-brother Roberto (right) held talks in London

Mourinho has, however, been made aware of the meeting with Moreira and would be more than happy to make an exception for the World Cup and Champions League winner, even if he will have to be creative in accommodating Ronaldinho and Florent Malouda in the same side.

Both players would say their preferred position is on the left wing.

Abramovich hopes the presence of two Brazilians - Belletti and Alex - will encourage Ronaldinho to move to Stamford Bridge, but the key remains the player's brother.

Moreira has long been praised for his 'intelligent' management of his younger brother's career and is hugely influential when it comes to making major decisions.

When Ronaldinho won FIFA's prestigious World Player of the Year award for a second successive year in December 2005, he paid tribute to his brother.

"He's my idol," said Ronaldinho. "He's been through a lot and has helped me every step of the way."

A family tragedy, when Moreira was 17 and Ronaldinho (real name Ronaldo de Assis Moreira) was only eight, formed an unbreakable bond between them.

Frank advice: is Lampard inviting Ronaldinho to join Chelsea after the 1-1 Champions League draw with Barcelona in March 2006?

Moreira was also a promising footballer, representing their local club side in Porto Alegre, Gremio, when he was offered a move to Italy.

As an incentive to stay, Gremio - the club Ronaldinho represented before signing for Paris St Germain - the Moreira family were given a new villa with a swimming pool.

But their father Joao was killed in a horrific accident in the pool, reportedly suffering a heart attack caused by an electrical fault.

Moreira's playing career was ended prematurely by injury but by then his brother was fast emerging as a hugely exciting talent and he turned his attention to advising him.

Meanwhile Barcelona looked lethargic and Thierry Henry was restricted to a half-hour substitute's appearance as they were held at 10-man Racing Santander in their opening La Liga match of the season.

The Catalan club, who spent around £45million on new players this summer including Arsenal's Henry, were outplayed by their modest opponents, one of Spain's lowest-spending teams.

Santander's Polish debutant Ebi Smolarek was sent off midway through the second half.

Henry replaced Lionel Messi, who started alongside Samuel Eto'o and Ronaldinho, but Henry came closest, hitting a post late on.

This will not be good for the game if true!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Ronaldinho To Chelsea???
« Reply #588 on: August 26, 2007, 06:18:01 PM »
stueps facking Chelsea rich fackers
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: August 26, 2007, 06:27:13 PM »
I could  see this happening with Lampard heading the other way as predicted in earlier reports, this will ease the price tag a bit.

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: August 26, 2007, 07:48:07 PM »

look who talking!  How much did Man Utd spend this off-season?   

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: August 26, 2007, 07:52:50 PM »
i dont think ronaldinho would be going anywhere.

look who talking!  How much did Man Utd spend this off-season?   

lol
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: August 26, 2007, 08:29:31 PM »
Hear nah....de day dis happen...is de day i resign as a ronaldinho fan......and burn all he jerseys....and delete all he video clips. I eh go mind he go any other club....but not that abomination.......
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: August 26, 2007, 09:24:02 PM »
Fear not, Ro-Ro lovers/Chelsea haters.  Barca will never let this deal materialize.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: August 26, 2007, 09:35:01 PM »
Fear not, Ro-Ro lovers/Chelsea haters.  Barca will never let this deal materialize.

Barca may not have a choice if Chelsea pay the 85 million pound release clause price.  ALL players in the Spanish League are required to have a buy out clause in their contract.  (I learned that from playing Football Manager)  ;D

Once Ronny wants to go, and they can settle on terms, then he is off to Stanford Briidge.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: August 26, 2007, 11:11:52 PM »

Barca may not have a choice if Chelsea pay the 85 million pound release clause price.  ALL players in the Spanish League are required to have a buy out clause in their contract.  (I learned that from playing Football Manager)  ;D

Once Ronny wants to go, and they can settle on terms, then he is off to Stanford Briidge.

Doh mind me, Jahyouth, dize jes' me takin' meh "hope for de bess, expect de worse" outlook..... ;)

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Diambars

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: August 27, 2007, 05:14:00 AM »
These guys just looking for their last big payday ... remeber he is 27 and probably only have 2 more years including this year at the top of his game.

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
Ronaldinho to Chelsea , 85 million pound bid!
« Reply #597 on: August 27, 2007, 01:44:29 PM »
Chelsea are being linked with an audacious late transfer swoop for Barcelona's two-time FIFA World Player of the Year Ronaldinho.

According to a report in The Daily Mail, the 27-year-old Brazil international midfielder's brother and adviser Roberto de Assis Moreira has held two recent meetings with Blues owner Roman Abramovich.

The second is said to have been held at the weekend, with Abramovich flying Moreira to London on his private jet and putting him up at an exclusive Mayfair hotel.

With money no object, the Russian billionaire is reputedly prepared to make Ronaldinho the highest-paid player in football and smash the world's transfer record.

A £85million buyout clause is included in Ronaldinho's current contract at Barcelona, which is due to expire in 2010.

However, Abramovich is reportedly desperate to inject more flair into the Blues squad and is prepared to eclipse the £47million that Real Madrid shelled out to Juventus six years ago for the services of Zinedine Zidane.     
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 01:50:34 PM by Warrior till death »

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
Re: Ronaldinho to Chelsea , 85 million pound bid!
« Reply #598 on: August 27, 2007, 01:54:45 PM »
I truly believe that the EPL would not suit Ronaldinho's style

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ronaldinho to Chelsea , 85 million pound bid!
« Reply #599 on: August 27, 2007, 01:59:43 PM »
Barca forget that man with all dat money and leff d man in La Liga
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>