April 24, 2024, 03:07:58 AM

Poll

Has Ronaldinho joined Pele and Maradona as the best player in his era?

Yes
25 (47.2%)
No
28 (52.8%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Author Topic: Ronaldinho Thread  (Read 202302 times)

Offline R45

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: LA Galaxy to tempt Ronaldinho
« Reply #810 on: July 03, 2008, 11:58:25 AM »
He will just get fatter if he play in d states

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: July 03, 2008, 12:09:05 PM »
Where this man really going,  Looks like he going Man City too

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/7486830.stm

Man City hopeful over Ronaldinho

Barcelona have told Ronaldinho he can leave the club

Manchester City executive chairman Garry Cook remains confident they can convince Brazilian star Ronaldinho to sign for the club.

The 28-year-old is set to leave Barcelona and City have been in talks with Ronaldinho's representatives about bringing him to Eastlands.

"Although there is long way to go, we are optimistic," said Cook.

"We will continue to do so until it is not right to bring the player to the club or he decides not to come."

City broke their transfer record on Wednesday to sign striker Jo from CSKA Moscow for an undisclosed fee, and the club are keen to pair him with the former World Player of the Year.

Ronaldinho, who struggled with form and fitness problems last season, has also been linked with a move to AC Milan and Chelsea, but Cook said City are genuine contenders in the race to capture one of the game's biggest names.

606: DEBATE
I'm not sure that Ron the party boy is worth the wages

Blueatherts
"We are in the hunt and have been talking to them on a regular basis," said Cook.

"We know it is a competitive market place. There are some complexities (to a possible deal) that you don't normally associate with signing a player.

"Any great player is welcome here as this is a growth club. We are on a journey and are not going to stop until we create a new era."

Manager Mark Hughes is adamant that City can give Ronaldinho the platform he needs to get back to his best.

"Perhaps in the last 18 months he has not reached his potential," he said.

"We are offering him an opportunity that will stimulate him and enable him to get back to the level he was at before.

"I think it could be an interesting idea for him. Maybe what we are doing here would attract him more than going to an established Champions League club.

It was one of my priorities when I became manager to keep him

Mark Hughes on Richard Dunne
"The decision will be his, of course, as I am sure he will have many offers. Whether he can see our vision remains to be seen.

"He is a world star and if these things are going to happen they are likely to take a bit of time and we are patient.

"It is a process that is on-going. It has not slowed in any way shape or form and there is no immediate deadline."

Meanwhile, Hughes is close to agreeing new deals with captain Richard Dunne and goalkeeper Joe Hart.

On Dunne, he said: "It is as good as done. He is a really important player for us. It was one of my priorities when I became manager to keep him.

"Joe is another one we want to stay. We hope to resolve his situation. Those negotiations are ongoing but I think there is a will on both sides."
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #812 on: July 03, 2008, 12:15:21 PM »
dinho really that gone thru boy? ??? :'(

God is de BOSS...

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: July 03, 2008, 12:38:59 PM »
yeah..and Jabloteh want him too

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: July 03, 2008, 04:02:58 PM »
D last time somebody get dat kind a temptation was in d garden of eden but seriously who blieve dat piece ah fiction
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: July 03, 2008, 04:16:07 PM »
Quote from Ronaldinho's brother: "He will never play there. He will play a tournament in Houston for his sponsor, but a transfer to the USA is excluded."

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: July 03, 2008, 04:33:55 PM »
D last time somebody get dat kind a temptation was in d garden of eden but seriously who blieve dat piece ah fiction

TrueTrini and Preacher is firm beleivers in that book

Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: July 03, 2008, 06:47:15 PM »
Anybody here ent believe in free money... or jumbie?

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: July 03, 2008, 10:38:32 PM »
do like beckham collect big money and eh do shit.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline breezers

• Hero Warrior
  • he who rise against poor ppl shal perish in d end
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: July 05, 2008, 12:58:21 AM »
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=553566&sec=europe&cc=5901

'Ronaldinho 80-90% likely to join Milan' - Agent

Ronaldinho is '80-90%' likely to secure a move to AC Milan, according to the Barcelona playmaker's agent Roberto De Assis.

Milan have long been linked with a move for Ronaldinho after the Brazilian was told he was not part of Barca's plans for the future.

wee teams cyar get dah big playa!!! ;D

Vice-president Adriano Galliani insisted on Thursday that a deal would only be completed if the price is right, but De Assis is confident his client will make the switch to the San Siro.

'Yes, it's true, it's true that he'll probably go to Milan,' De Assis - who is also Ronaldinho's brother - told Lombardy television stations.

'Everything's ready for the transfer. He is there 80-90% and we are working towards that.

'He is working hard to get back to his best and the important thing is that now he is fine and that he is working for his future.'

Milan might be leading the pack but there is no shortage of other possible destinations for Ronaldinho, with Chelsea and Manchester City just two of the clubs reportedly in the hunt.

However, De Assis rubbished suggestions that the two-time FIFA World Player of the Year could join David Beckham at Los Angeles Galaxy.

'There's a contract with Barca, there's other possibilities,' he added. 'We'll see in the next fortnight.

'LA Galaxy? No, no, absolutely not. Why Galaxy?

'I absolutely rule out Galaxy. It's not possible because he is only 28 and he wants to play at least five or six years more at the top level in world football.'

« Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 12:59:59 AM by breezers »
Soca Warriors, Holland And Barcelona,
BIG BIG TEAMS!!!!

Offline breezers

• Hero Warrior
  • he who rise against poor ppl shal perish in d end
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: July 05, 2008, 01:01:11 AM »

'Ronaldinho 80-90% likely to join Milan' - Agent

Ronaldinho is '80-90%' likely to secure a move to AC Milan, according to the Barcelona playmaker's agent Roberto De Assis.

Milan have long been linked with a move for Ronaldinho after the Brazilian was told he was not part of Barca's plans for the future.

Vice-president Adriano Galliani insisted on Thursday that a deal would only be completed if the price is right, but De Assis is confident his client will make the switch to the San Siro.

'Yes, it's true, it's true that he'll probably go to Milan,' De Assis - who is also Ronaldinho's brother - told Lombardy television stations.

'Everything's ready for the transfer. He is there 80-90% and we are working towards that.

'He is working hard to get back to his best and the important thing is that now he is fine and that he is working for his future.'

Milan might be leading the pack but there is no shortage of other possible destinations for Ronaldinho, with Chelsea and Manchester City just two of the clubs reportedly in the hunt.

However, De Assis rubbished suggestions that the two-time FIFA World Player of the Year could join David Beckham at Los Angeles Galaxy.

'There's a contract with Barca, there's other possibilities,' he added. 'We'll see in the next fortnight.

'LA Galaxy? No, no, absolutely not. Why Galaxy?

'I absolutely rule out Galaxy. It's not possible because he is only 28 and he wants to play at least five or six years more at the top level in world football.'

wee teams cyar get dah big playa!!! ;D
Soca Warriors, Holland And Barcelona,
BIG BIG TEAMS!!!!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: July 05, 2008, 11:24:42 AM »
See Galaxy get 4 from D.C.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Benchwarmer

• Sr. Warrior
  • Trini to the bone...Dutch till i die
    • View Profile
RONALDINHO: A.C.MILAN OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT
« Reply #822 on: July 15, 2008, 03:30:41 PM »
from Ac milan website:
RONALDINHO: A.C.MILAN OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT
7/15/2008
AC Milan and FC Barcelona have reached an agreement for the transfer of Ronaldinho to the Rossoneri's club. Tomorrow the player will be in Milan for the medical and to sign the contract which will tie him to Milan until June 30th 2011.

and from BBC:

Barcelona playmaker Ronaldinho will sign for AC Milan on Wednesday, according to the Italian giants.

"AC Milan and Barcelona have reached an agreement in principle over the transfer of Ronaldinho," the Italian club said on their website.

"The player will be in Milan on Wednesday to undergo a medical and sign a contract that will keep him at Milan until 30 June 2011."

Manchester City had also bid for the 28-year-old Brazilian.

City appeared favourites to sign Ronaldinho from the Nou Camp outfit after reportedly tabling a £25.5m bid.

But Italian newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport reported on its website that Milan will pay Spanish side Barcelona just £14.6m for his services, with the figure likely to be increased by performance-related bonuses.

BBC Sport's Phil McNulty

Milan chief executive Adriano Galliani has been in Barcelona for talks with the club and the player for two days.

The two-time Fifa World Player of the Year's time at Barcelona effectively came to an end in June when new manager Pep Guardiola announced the playmaker was surplus to requirements.

Nevertheless, the Catalans were not prepared to release Ronaldinho to join Dunga's Brazil squad for next month's Beijing Olympics.

Ronaldinho helped Barcelona win back-to-back Spanish league titles (2004-05, 2005-06) and the Champions League in 2006, but failed to cement a regular place in the starting XI last season because of injury and fitness issues.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Re: RONALDINHO: A.C.MILAN OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT
« Reply #823 on: July 15, 2008, 03:52:32 PM »
thank God he didnt go to Manchester City!

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: July 15, 2008, 04:02:46 PM »
Please eh, de man probably does laugh every time he hear about Man City tryin to buy him.

Kaka + Ronnie + Pato.

Brasil go reap de benefits.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #825 on: July 15, 2008, 04:07:01 PM »

28-year-old Brazilian football star Ronaldinho phones in a car on July 14, 2008 in Barcelona. Barcelona has received a 32 million euros (51 million dollar) offer for two-time world player of the year Ronaldinho from English Premiership side Manchester City, the Spanish club's president Joan Laporta reported on July 14. AFP PHOTO/ JOSEP LAGO (Photo credit should read JOSEP LAGO/AFP/Getty Images)

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: July 15, 2008, 04:30:11 PM »
Exciting prospect for Milan but it have nobody in their starting midfield I would bench for him
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 05:39:36 PM by Grande »

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: July 15, 2008, 05:51:49 PM »
 :yawning:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #828 on: July 16, 2008, 07:23:58 AM »

Brazilian superstar Ronaldinho smiles as he arrives at Milanello training centre in Carnago, nothern Milan, on July 16, 2008. Ronaldinho agreed late on July 15, 2008 to leave Barcelona, where he was deemed surplus to requirements, and sign for AC Milan in a deal reported to be worth 30 million dollars. AFP PHOTO / GIUSEPPE CACACE (Photo credit should read GIUSEPPE CACACE/AFP/Getty Images)

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: July 16, 2008, 07:51:26 AM »

I think Barca made a mistake here.
Messi can't do it by himself and his very injury prone.

They've lost Deco and now Ronaldinho, and by the looks of things they want to show Eto'o the door as well.

So no attacking midfield, no flair and creativity. Granted Iniesta and Xavi there but they not in R10's class.

Jesus, I am inconsolable right now.

Thanks for the good years R10, you brought glory back to Barca, sorry to see you leave. 

Més que un club.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: July 16, 2008, 08:02:44 AM »
sad, but i can't fault barca..

he had to go... Ronaldinho needs a change of environment and a new challenge to somehow turn himself around and get back to something near to his best level.

Eto'o is one of my favorite players but i feel the same applies to him. Them fellahs seem to me like they lacking motivation or get too big for the club or something.

Barca go be ok next year man.

They will play a bit differently than we used to. I feel Guardiola will set them up a bit more conventional and solid now that he is without a mercurial talent he could just stick out on the left and give a free role to do his thing.

I feel Henry will come good if he gets a full season at his natural position of center forward under his belt. I feel Danny Alves go be a revelation and will put in some nice ball for Henry. And I feel Messi go be player of the year next year.

lewwe see how it goes.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: July 16, 2008, 08:11:15 AM »
Arsenal's Hleb ready to sign for Barcelona: official

Barcelona said Belarussian midfielder Alexander Hleb is expected at the club for a medical Wednesday prior to his transfer from Arsenal.

"If he passes the medical tests, Alexander Hleb could sign a contract tomorrow (Thursday) and be presented as our new player," the club said on its website.

The Belarussian, who joined Arsenal from VfB Stuttgart in 2005, scored only 10 goals in his three seasons at the London side.

Hleb, who had also been linked with a move to Italian champions Inter Milan, said during an interview in Russia last week that he had told Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger that he did not like living in London and wanted to leave the club.

If the transfer goes through, the 27-year-old would be Barca's fifth signing for the 2008-2009 season.

The club has already signed Mali's midfielder Seydou Keita from Seville and three defenders: Spaniard Gerard Pique from Manchester United, Uruguayan Martin Caceres from Villarreal and Brazilian Daniel Alves from Seville.

Més que un club.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: July 16, 2008, 08:42:06 AM »
Man City would have been the REAL challenge for Ronaldinho - and I say that with my usual disclaimer with respect to the game in England. One wonders how he would have responded to a Sven-led Man City offer.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: July 16, 2008, 08:42:40 AM »
how the mighty have fallen...the man glad to go to milan but he almost went to man city according to the article below..he might do well in milan if he stops 'going to the gym' :)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/jul/16/acmilan.serieafootball

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: July 16, 2008, 08:48:49 AM »
Man City would have been the REAL challenge for Ronaldinho - and I say that with my usual disclaimer with respect to the game in England. One wonders how he would have responded to a Sven-led Man City offer.

Ronaldinho does not run back and defend and yuh cyah get away with that in England...

Plus, Mark Hughes brand is all about continuous running, fitness and effort and less to do with finesse. Couple that with a club owner/dictator impatient for success and champions league glory and I feel it woulda been a massive catastrophe.

Just the mental image of dinho in man city is sickening.

This is Stephen Ireland.. Passes to Michael Ball.. To Ronaldinho   :puking:

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: July 16, 2008, 09:20:09 AM »
Who, in they right mind, thought that a WC/CL winner and a former world player was going to Man City?

I feel if that was the only offer left in Europe he would've rather gone back to Brasil.

Barca go be ok next year man.

They will play a bit differently than we used to. I feel Guardiola will set them up a bit more conventional and solid now that he is without a mercurial talent he could just stick out on the left and give a free role to do his thing.

I feel Henry will come good if he gets a full season at his natural position of center forward under his belt. I feel Danny Alves go be a revelation and will put in some nice ball for Henry. And I feel Messi go be player of the year next year.

That is not no Champions League winning side dey.

Hleb is a decent player but down the stretch he eh no R10.
Barca should've bargained for Pato or Pirlo. The more I think about it, the more I feel it go end bad.

Més que un club.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: July 16, 2008, 09:29:07 AM »
DT, check de bomb here:

Valdes

Alves    Puyol     Pique    Abidal

Toure/Keita       

Messi        Hleb          Xavi       Iniesta   

Henry

I feel this side could do things..  remember centre mid is Hleb natural position, is Wenger farm him out on de right..

They need to sign somebody else for the left though.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: July 16, 2008, 09:34:51 AM »
Goodbye Ronnie Part 1 & 2

the 1st one is ultimate skill
the 2nd one yuh see how much kick the brother get

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_u5Iqcwaks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YXbzjH0pKM

Més que un club.

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: July 16, 2008, 09:41:18 AM »
with all that said....ya dont think Barca squad a lil think in terms of numbers??
after that 11 ya call there...well 12...they have krkic and maybe gudjohnsen if he stay....they better have some youths comin up if they eh buyin again...
but they should with ronaldinho money in the bank now

it gonna be interesting to see how AC play this rounds...Seedorf done not likin the fact that Ronaldinho comin and he say he not givin up his no. 10 jersery and he not gonna play in a deeper role jus to accomodate ronaldinho.....

Ronaldinho as much as i find he's a good player, seem like he doh biz again...like Ronaldo...gettin fat...injured...form going down...
we go see
hope it doh turn out like how it did for Rivaldo and Redondo

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #839 on: July 16, 2008, 09:45:20 AM »
If they sell Eto'o they mad sick and crazy. I will be furious if they sell him.

1]; } ?>