April 19, 2024, 05:58:55 AM

Poll

Has Ronaldinho joined Pele and Maradona as the best player in his era?

Yes
25 (47.2%)
No
28 (52.8%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Author Topic: Ronaldinho Thread  (Read 201927 times)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Re: RONALDINHO: A.C.MILAN OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT
« Reply #870 on: July 18, 2008, 09:59:40 AM »
Chivu and Materazzi go ruff dat up.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: July 18, 2008, 10:02:48 AM »
All Sissoko will see is Ronaldinho heels kickin up dirt.

Why Seedorf bein such a gyul about shirt numbers?
Dat not important at all.
Is like Seedorf feelin threatened and want to run de show.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: July 18, 2008, 10:03:14 AM »
Sissoko cah even clean Dinho boots

he wudnt need too..when sissoko dun hopefully Dinho cud find it

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: July 18, 2008, 10:10:34 AM »
All Sissoko will see is Ronaldinho heels kickin up dirt.

Why Seedorf bein such a gyul about shirt numbers?
Dat not important at all.
Is like Seedorf feelin threatened and want to run de show.

Ah doh tink seedorf feeling threatened. He said when he came Rui Costa had the 10 and he had to wait so he just saying that Dinho hadda wait.....Zidane went Real and wore 5 so  I doh think Dinho will make a scene off of a no. issue but i tink will probably step in cuz dey want their boy wearing 10.
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: July 18, 2008, 10:13:39 AM »

Offline Giggsy's Chestwig

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: July 18, 2008, 10:24:22 AM »

I think Barca made a mistake here.
Messi can't do it by himself and his very injury prone.

They've lost Deco and now Ronaldinho, and by the looks of things they want to show Eto'o the door as well.

So no attacking midfield, no flair and creativity. Granted Iniesta and Xavi there but they not in R10's class.

Jesus, I am inconsolable right now.

Thanks for the good years R10, you brought glory back to Barca, sorry to see you leave. 

Don't slash you're wrists just yet.

Judging by the extra weight he's carrying, it'll be a while before Milan get him back to something resembling his best.

giggsy11

« Reply #876 on: July 18, 2008, 10:30:06 AM »
He kinda look retarded in the unifrom. But I have been attempting to reply to the responses given by the esteem Mr/Ms Bitter but was having problems. Why would he choose City over Milan? Pass to Kaka, Pato or Seedorf vs pass to Ireland, Johnson or Petrov? The man good but he aint superman and the only challenge he looking for is to keep playing with other great players. He look like the type who just want to play and roll and it is highly doubtful he would be ableto do that playing at City. When was the last time a big time player sign for City? Maybe Denis Law after he was over and out. I don't agree it was a mercy buy, Milan know when Ronaldinho is on he better than even Kaka. Remember how much problems they had breaking down a shitty Arsenal defence? Plus they know how much better they will be having Kaka, Seedorf and Dinho pulling strings. You can't have to many attacking and creative players. They just need to park Maldini to the side.
Cheers!

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: July 18, 2008, 11:16:28 AM »

The executives and Nike are probably cringing at the site of R10 in a Adidas uniform.
Their biggest cash cow wearing their biggest rivals logo on his chest for the world to see.

Més que un club.

Offline 7 blessings

• Lion II Zion
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: July 18, 2008, 11:47:04 AM »
Milan Fans:
D press reports that Galliani is closing up shop with the Ronaldinho transfer, meaning that he not looking to buy no more players dem. What allyuh think bout dat boy?

We get some decent additions but i still find we shoulda get a few more players to strengthen the bench at least, and we eh even get ah keeper self! We eh really have no youth in defence for when we over 35 dem get injured or tired. Who would allyuh have liked to see come to the San Siro this season?
Jesus Christ died for us....now it's time for us to Live for Him

giggsy11

« Reply #879 on: July 18, 2008, 12:15:32 PM »

The executives and Nike are probably cringing at the site of R10 in a Adidas uniform.
Their biggest cash cow wearing their biggest rivals logo on his chest for the world to see.

F^ck Nike!

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: July 18, 2008, 12:23:59 PM »
Well he still have Nike on he foot.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: July 18, 2008, 01:06:31 PM »
Ronaldinho exit marks end of an era

by Jonathan Stevenson - BBC Sport (U1987325) 16 July 2008

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A38443430

On a day when Barcelona spent £11.8m on new signing Alex Hleb, a visit to their official website on Wednesday might have left you thinking the Spanish giants were a club in mourning.

Splashed across the front page alongside two pictures of a proud and grinning Ronaldinho sporting Barca colours were the headlines 'Five unforgettable years' and 'Thank you very much'.

Ronaldinho, a Barcelona icon and the trigger for some of the most memorable times in the club's modern history, was finalising his move to AC Milan.

For all the Brazilian's troubles over the past two years, one of the world's great teams was saying farewell to one of the greatest players in its history.

As Ronaldinho flew to Italy to complete his protracted transfer, you could be forgiven for thinking that a part of the Catalan club had died.

I know that seems strong. There was a Barcelona before Ronaldinho and there will be a Barcelona at the top of European football after Ronaldinho.

But it is worth remembering just what the 28-year-old with magic in his feet and a captivating smile achieved during his extraordinary time at the Nou Camp.

When he arrived in 2003, he was the second choice of new president Joan Laporta, who had been comprehensively outmanoeuvred by Real Madrid in the battle to sign David Beckham.

With Beckham joining their fierce rivals, Barca quickly turned their attentions to PSG's controversial forward and they beat Manchester United to his signature.

Barca had only just scraped into the Uefa Cup having finished sixth in 2003 and turned to new manager Frank Rijkaard and the maverick Ronaldinho to turn around their fortunes.

Ronaldinho became the dominant presence in a city that took him to its heart
And how. With his brilliant Brazilian as the catalyst, Rijkaard presided over one of the most successful spells in the Blaugrana's history.

They did it playing a brand of football that relied on pace, passing and counter-attacking and Barca, at a time when beautiful football was becoming increasingly hard to find, were a joy to watch.

Ronaldinho became not only the team's talisman, but the dominant presence in a city that took him to its heart.

A second-placed finish in La Liga was followed by back-to-back titles and then the crowning glory of the team which included the likes of Deco and Samuel Eto'o - their Champions League triumph in 2006.

For Ronaldinho, his personal zenith took place in the cauldron of hate reserved for Barcelona footballers that is Real Madrid's Santiago Bernabeu Stadium, on the night of EL Clasico on 19 November, 2005.

For 90 minutes, Ronaldinho toyed with Real as he inspired his team to a 3-0 victory and scored two sensational solo goals - the second of which earned a standing ovation from fans of the Madrid club.

It was the first time a Barcelona player had been treated with such respect in the Bernabeu since a performance from a certain Diego Armando Maradona in 1982.

"I never thought I would see this, now I can die a happy man," said Radio Catalunya commentator Joaquim Maria Puyal at the time.

Going into the 2006 World Cup, Ronaldinho was by far and away the best footballer in the world.

Since then, the former Gremio playmaker has struggled with form and fitness and the speed of his decline meant he was left on the Barca bench several times last season even when fully fit.

More worryingly, his desire to even continue playing the game was brought into question - to the extent that there were rumours he was considering retiring from football earlier on this year.

But in joining AC Milan, Ronaldinho has given himself the best possible chance of reigniting his career and proving he still has the mental fortitude to play at the highest level.

His move has been called a gamble for the Italians and in many ways, two years since he showcased anything like his genius best form, it is.

However, if the Rossoneri get him firing on all cylinders, they have just signed a player who two years ago was seriously threatening to gatecrash Pele, Maradona et al as one of the greats of the game.

Fans of football across the globe will be wishing Ronaldinho luck as he seeks to get his career back on track.

On a Premier League note, it also means Manchester City, who were desperate to sign Ronaldinho but were realistically never going to get close, have a spare £25m to spend.

As well as further clouding the future of Arsenal striker Emmanuel Adebayor, as Milan will not now be making a move for the Togo hitman.

The reverberations of the summer's biggest transfer have only just begun.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
Seedorf blank Ronaldinho
« Reply #882 on: July 21, 2008, 06:42:02 AM »
Seedorf say he eh giving up the number 10 shirt & he not playing in a deeper role
to make way for Ronaldinho. Look ting

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=783007

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Seedorf blank Ronaldinho
« Reply #883 on: July 21, 2008, 07:08:29 AM »
Big men fussin for a number?  If seedorf wants to keep number 10 then just let him keep number 10.  Whats the big deal?  With respect to role and position on the field, that is up to the coach and manager so both players will have to deal with it.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #884 on: July 21, 2008, 07:26:11 AM »
Player selection is the prerogative of the manager. So I don't know how Seedorf going to work that out. My understanding is that Seedorf is an employee of AC Milan and Ancelotti is his boss. Ancelotti will decide  what system to play and who will play where.  I don't know who decides squad numbers but I don't think that's up to any player either.

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #885 on: July 21, 2008, 07:29:27 AM »
remember Ronaldihno's has endorsements with the R10 logo so if he has another shirt number it could pose a few advertising problems for him.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: July 21, 2008, 07:33:12 AM »
I'm with Seedorf on the number.... but in terms of where he plays on the field- that's not entirely up to him, and he should be prepared to do play the role that best benefits the team so long as he's capable.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: July 21, 2008, 07:37:12 AM »
but then

that article came from goal.com so it's validity comes into question

Més que un club.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: July 21, 2008, 08:04:46 AM »
Whappen to Seedorf, he ent realise when badder man in town, yuh hadda just eat yuh share of humble pie and stay in yuh corner.

He mighta been with AC long time, but how much he worth now ?
How much they pay for him ?
How much times he win World Player of the Year ?
What NT he playing for ?
Who going to bring in the crowds this season ?

If I was in his position...I woulda say "although I am not in favour of it...I will be the bigger man and give up my #10 shirt."  That mighta win him more kudos in the public and management's eyes.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: July 21, 2008, 08:17:11 AM »
that team jersey number thing is ah serious ting...

it might sound trivial to a casual observer, but that team number scene have massive implications..

from the team perspective, what does it say that a player can come into a team and demand whichever number he chooses? it sends a statement to the rest of the squad that one player is bigger than the team, which is not good for team ethic..

from the individual perspective, sometimes a player has grown so used to a team number that he cannot envision himself playing without it and there are the mental repercussions..

I with Seedorf on this one.. Players have came to clubs at the top of their game and had to simmer down and subscribe to the team.. Ronaldo had to go with a 1+9 on his jersey when he wanted his number 9.. Beckham couldn't take the 7 off Raul back.. no player is bigger than the team.

let dinho relax heself and hold ah twenty something.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: July 21, 2008, 08:21:23 AM »
LOUD STEUPS
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Benchwarmer

• Sr. Warrior
  • Trini to the bone...Dutch till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: July 21, 2008, 08:41:00 AM »
that team jersey number thing is ah serious ting...

it might sound trivial to a casual observer, but that team number scene have massive implications..

from the team perspective, what does it say that a player can come into a team and demand whichever number he chooses? it sends a statement to the rest of the squad that one player is bigger than the team, which is not good for team ethic..

from the individual perspective, sometimes a player has grown so used to a team number that he cannot envision himself playing without it and there are the mental repercussions..

I with Seedorf on this one.. Players have came to clubs at the top of their game and had to simmer down and subscribe to the team.. Ronaldo had to go with a 1+9 on his jersey when he wanted his number 9.. Beckham couldn't take the 7 off Raul back.. no player is bigger than the team.

let dinho relax heself and hold ah twenty something.

Number is a big thing but some players go hold they corner till it come to them.. That is what Seedorf did. He wanted 10 and Rui costa was on the side so he hold he corner.... Ronaldo, when he went to Inter wanted the 9.. He start off with 10 and finally get the 9.( Zamarano had it and they allowed him to wear a 1+8 on his back). I believe to some players, it bigger than others...

I see man in the savannah get vex if they cyah get they number.. telling coach to tell that man take off he number ..

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: July 21, 2008, 08:53:49 AM »
What's wrong with seniority?

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: July 21, 2008, 09:06:27 AM »
dem people in adidas mus'be laffin dey arse off at dis one. Allyuh doh underestimate dah adidas vs nike ting eh!

Offline diamondtrim

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: July 21, 2008, 09:08:40 AM »
I agree wid omar......ppl mighten realise how serious dis number ting is wit some cats out dey.  It have all kinda ting dey does attach to d #, superstitions, luck all kinda ting.

on d nedder hand, a big tanto is a big tanto....when a man is a big player he does get whatever # he want. Ronaldo give Zamorano a bligh for a season wid d # 10, den he show who is who when he take d #9 and had bam bam wearin d 1+8.

raul is king in real madrid so becks did know from early he had to hol he corner and know he role.

remember ballack raff a man #13 from chelsea.

even scotland used to rush d #10 when latas wasnt aroun but when d boss come back scotty had to cool it wit 20.

Big players is big players and dey does always get wha dey want.

Ah bet Ronaldinho wear 10

Offline WARRIORKING

• Deep into weaponry
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: July 21, 2008, 10:04:43 AM »
ALLYUH STOP THEY AND FEEL RONALDINHO GETTING HE WAY SEEDORF IS AN LONGTIME MEMBER TO AC MILAN U THINK THEY NOT GOING TO SHOW HIM SOME LOAYLTY THE ONLY WAY I COULD SEE HE GIVING IT UP IS IF THEY PAY HIM EXTRA TO DO SO .RONALDINHO  AND ALL HE TRICKS IS NICE BUT I AIN'T NO DICK RIDER AND I HOPE THE BOSS 'S AT AC MILAN ARENT EITHER
My lyrical tendency`s equivalent to a critical felony
Precise behind bars like a criminal`s penalty
Pinnacle definitely, hold so much jewels in my miracle memory
It`s like I`m a physical treasury
I was born with a difficult destiny, not your typical mentally
Givin my vision through treacheries

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: July 21, 2008, 10:29:08 AM »
Seedorf say he eh giving up the number 10 shirt & he not playing in a deeper role
to make way for Ronaldinho. Look ting

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=783007

No man!  >:(

Offline ttcom

• Hero Warrior
  • us/trini/jamaican
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: July 21, 2008, 10:56:00 AM »
Flashback to:. Good movie
Stupidity is an elemental force for which no earthquake is a match."
-Karl Kraus

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #899 on: July 21, 2008, 05:31:19 PM »
With all this talk about squad numbers allyuh think Messi will get #10 at Barca.

Look Seedorf and Ronaldinho scoring two freekicks here

More Training
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 05:48:53 PM by Jah Gol »

1]; } ?>