April 25, 2024, 02:03:27 PM

Poll

Has Ronaldinho joined Pele and Maradona as the best player in his era?

Yes
25 (47.2%)
No
28 (52.8%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Author Topic: Ronaldinho Thread  (Read 202508 times)

giggsy11

Re: Seedorf blank Ronaldinho
« Reply #900 on: July 21, 2008, 06:38:47 PM »
Dey both also probably have all kinds of jewelry/ ice with #10. People acting like Seedorf is a slouch, he is borse and should not take no back seat tuh Ronaldinho. Ah wander what CR7 will do when he moves to Real.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: July 21, 2008, 07:39:52 PM »
#80 hmmmm like dinho is ah wide reciever o wah. so is R10x8 now
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: July 21, 2008, 08:21:51 PM »
Interesting point with regard to the branding issue.

Why yuh feel the fatboy play that final with he epileptic fit self....is nike pressure them to sweat the man.

Nike must be real vex...the whole R10 line,logo etc go be weakened.

Never know if that was a stumbling block for him transferring to another team.

Lets see if they use his pix in modelling kits. I would think his jersey will sell.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #903 on: July 21, 2008, 08:24:15 PM »
Interesting point with regard to the branding issue.

Why yuh feel the fatboy play that final with he epileptic fit self....is nike pressure them to sweat the man.

Nike must be real vex...the whole R10 line,logo etc go be weakened.

Never know if that was a stumbling block for him transferring to another team.

Lets see if they use his pix in modelling kits. I would think his jersey will sell.

He already lose out on the EA Sports money from the cover photo on the FIFA09 box.

Nothing about the Milan move helps nike.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 08:26:47 PM by Jah Gol »

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: July 22, 2008, 12:03:47 AM »
simple mathematics...1+9 =10 so all ronnie have to do is where #19 and cool it for now...  :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Diambars

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: July 22, 2008, 07:06:56 AM »
With all this talk about squad numbers allyuh think Messi will get #10 at Barca.

Look Seedorf and Ronaldinho scoring two freekicks here

More Training

Barcelona set to hand No10 shirt to Messi
 July 22, 2008

Barcelona are ready to hand Lionel Messi a new shirt number.
With Ronaldinho now sold to AC Milan, Barca management are ready to hand the Brazilian's old No10 to Messi for the new season, says Sport.

Barca won't assign numbers until the end of preseason and a source said: "Nothing is decided, but Messi wearing the No10 next season seems the most natural, a circumstance that everyone assumes beyond discussion."

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: July 22, 2008, 04:44:14 PM »
He could pull a Kobe a take d number 11
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

giggsy11

« Reply #907 on: July 22, 2008, 04:56:07 PM »
He could pull a Kobe a take d number 11

WTF?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: July 22, 2008, 05:18:31 PM »
FYI Kobeis number 24 1 more than 23 because he feel he betta than d number 23 who use 2 play 4 d bulls familiar wit dat fella
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

giggsy11

« Reply #909 on: July 22, 2008, 09:13:10 PM »
FYI Kobeis number 24 1 more than 23 because he feel he betta than d number 23 who use 2 play 4 d bulls familiar wit dat fella

Oh, hoe. Steups, he, Kobe will never be as great as MJ! Wishfull thinking on his part! Thanks for the explaination.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: July 22, 2008, 10:16:04 PM »
Not a problem

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: July 25, 2008, 09:23:39 AM »
Ronaldinho is de most over rated player in the world for the past 3 years.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: July 25, 2008, 09:41:17 AM »
The only reason why Ronaldinho didn't get his number is becuase Nike is not the Kit Sponsor for AC Milan.

I doubt that Ronaldinho getting any less money from Nike cause the club didn't give him the same number on his back that on his shoes....

Zamorano had to eat humble pie with 1+8 when Ronaldo moved to Inter....
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: July 25, 2008, 09:44:10 AM »
footballers (actually athletes in general) tend to be superstitious. Taking a man favorite number could jam him mentally. It have man who have to sit on the same seat on the plane or bus when the team travel, wear de same draws every game, etc...Seedorf jess trying to hold on to what makes him most comfortable. But at the end of the day, is big men we talking about and digging horrors for a number have ah element of immature school boy chupidness. Big player will rip in any number...but most of these fellas live in a bubble and carrying the same mentality as a 14 year old would about a team number. Dat is their world.

As for what position Seedorf play. Dat is up to the coach. De man drop out Holland squad cuz he didn't like the role V basten give him, after lobbying for years to get back on the team. Is not like the man was on the bench. he want to dictate where he play for Holland. Seedorf attitude doh always appear the best. Den again, is a hard life as a baller and them fellas have to fight for every inch. Nobody eh handing yuh nutten, yuh hadda take it. Seedorf must be saying he in his 30s, so at his point he doing what he want or he will step aside..let the young bucks fight up..he trying to enjoy the few years he have left. So I see it both ways, especially as I doh really have the benefit of inside info...de article could be toots for all we now. So he could bark..so long as he willing to humble when he doh get what he wants and still give his all..either dat or ride like what he did wit Holland

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: July 25, 2008, 09:51:10 AM »

same thing i've been sayin. ah really hope d bosses at ac milan allow seedorf to keep he number.

bless!!
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #915 on: July 25, 2008, 10:04:44 AM »

same thing i've been sayin. ah really hope d bosses at ac milan allow seedorf to keep he number.

bless!!

you studying this hater? de man hate all things Brazilian  :devil: yuh miss some classic posts. 3 seasons ago when Barca win La Liga and the Champion's League, Ronaldinho was the most overrated player  ??? hmmm. 20 + goals in La Liga 2 seasons ago and the Spanish press say the man had a bad season and party too much..and the first calls to kick him out the side start to surface and he was the most overaated? And last season when every segment of press call him fat and out of shape and he ride pine, get dropped by Brazil, he was the most overrated player then too?  Hmmm...allyuh good oui.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 10:08:01 AM by Filho »

giggsy11

« Reply #916 on: July 25, 2008, 07:45:41 PM »
Shite, if Dinho overrated wat people leave for Kaka? Kaka can't begin tuh shine Dinho's boots or even stiff he jock!

Offline Benchwarmer

• Sr. Warrior
  • Trini to the bone...Dutch till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: July 25, 2008, 10:21:57 PM »

Where you get that shit explanation from.....steups.... That was the man fist high school number. that is why he switch to it.. steups.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: July 25, 2008, 11:05:57 PM »
D ABC commentator said dat during d playoffs so if it is shit he say it

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Re: What's wrong with Ronaldinho?
« Reply #919 on: November 26, 2009, 07:42:00 AM »
is it safe yet to say he's back??

watching the marseille and cagliari games and is the first time in years i seeing him beatsing..

look how this man get a 9 months on the line yesterday...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/pniyOGyQ-84" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/pniyOGyQ-84</a>

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #920 on: November 26, 2009, 02:12:07 PM »
The touch and the skill is back. He's lost some pace though. I've seen most of Milan's games this season. They definitely depend on him to provide the ball to Pato and Boriello. Pato is still very raw and misses quite a few chances and Boriello is Boriello.

Offline Kayus

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: November 26, 2009, 07:52:01 PM »
a little bit more magic from the marseille game, including the breed.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/APg6y1wG5Ic&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/APg6y1wG5Ic&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Offline Kayus

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: November 26, 2009, 08:02:24 PM »
woops. my bad.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/APg6y1wG5Ic" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/APg6y1wG5Ic</a>

better.

Offline Trinibyname

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: November 26, 2009, 08:46:53 PM »
he need ah trim and some bracers!  Before he cud easily distract opposing teams wid the donkey look... man juss had to stop for ah quick laugh... buh they get customed to it now  ;)

Barca real let meh dong the past couple games.. not only is small ron not on his game.. they seem ineffective up front with out Eto.
He's got the $$ for braces, so what is holding him back? He's probably just having an "off day" which every athlete has, just can't do anything right.

Offline Trinibyname

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: November 26, 2009, 08:55:25 PM »
What's wrong, Ronaldinho?
How the best player on earth is in a so-called crisis

I've been around soccer for 26 years, and I can honestly say the best thing about it is becoming friends with the young players who become the stars of tomorrow.

I got to know Ronaldo before his fame and riches. I became close with Roberto Carlos, Sammy Kuffour, Frank Leboeuf, Míchel Salgado, Íker Casillas and Javier Saviola.

But my favorite was the boy who never changed, who stayed humble through it all and still similes as wide as ever: Ronaldinho. That's why it's so hard to hear that the new king of Brazilian soccer, the two-time FIFA Player of the Year, is being called out.

Some commentators say Ronaldinho seems to be going through a dark period. So he had a miserable World Cup -- that's true. And he hasn't played well for the Brazilian national team for about a year now. Even Brazilians don't really understand why he can't display half the talent while wearing the canary and blue that he does when he wears the Barcelona jersey.

Some are saying Ronaldinho is in his "football midlife crisis," the period when a player reaches the age of 26 and fights to keep his game at the same level for his final 5-7 years of his career as a pro.

Even Ronaldinho doesn't really get it. He can't explain why the last goal he scored for Brazil was 14 games ago -- a year and four months have passed since Brazil's splendid victory over Argentina in the final of the Confederations Cup.

"It looks as if I wasn't one of the best players of last season's Champions League, and as if Barcelona won the Spanish title and all those games without me," Ronaldinho told me over the phone last week. "I think people are trying to sell papers on my back. Thank God that I have a great family, fantastic friends, a good head and top quality infrastructure and relationships at Barcelona. Without that, I think, I could get a bit disturbed -- so much criticism is coming in my direction."

To most of the world, Ronaldinho is in emergency mode. It's almost like a magic trick. He's lost a step. He can't create. He's forgotten how to score.

Some in the press say he hasn't been the same since scoring two magnificent goals last season in Barcelona's 3-0 destruction of archrival Real Madrid. But the real crisis began earlier this month, when Brazil's new tough-love head coach, Dunga, did the unthinkable: He benched Ronaldinho in a friendly against Ecuador in Stockholm.

"It was a phase, a necessary measure, to show that things at the national team aren't the same," Ronaldinho said. "I accept the bench without worries. I hope people will accept without questioning that, after I showed what I know and that I am part of that team and ready to sacrifice, I have a place among the starting XI."

Wearing No. 20, Ronaldinho entered the game in the first half and immediately changed the tempo, hitting the bar on consecutive free kicks and then setting up the game-winner to Kaká, ensuring a 2-0 Brazil victory.

A few days later, Ronaldinho had two beautiful goals in Barcelona's 3-0 victory over Sevilla, and there was even talk of him winning his third straight FIFA Player of the Year award. But then the criticism resurfaced as Barça was defeated soundly by Chelsea in the Champions League last week, then was demolished 2-0 by Real Madrid last weekend.

Ronaldinho didn't play badly in either match, and actually showed flashes of his old brilliance against Real. But two games, a combined 180 minutes without a goal from the best player in the world -- that's what stands out.

"I am sad," he admitted after the defeat to Barça's old enemy. "[My teammates and I] needed to cheer each other up after the match. I have to take a new road now. To beat that psychological pressure that is straining me daily. The result was the worst possible."

Mighty Barcelona is beginning to struggle, giving up its lone hold of first place in Spain. And it appears that Ronaldinho is the fall guy. But he recognizes it all and takes it in stride. Less than 24 hours after the defeat, he was back on TV, his regular smiling self, for a Nike promotion in the Catalan capital with none other than Michael Jordan -- a guy who knows a thing or two about bouncing back.

"It seems I am the center of the situation of Barça," Ronaldinho told me. "I feel that deeply. Words are not enough now. But I will talk back, answer everyone -- friends and foes -- with the ball. I will talk back."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/ricardo_setyon/10/24/ronaldinho.crisis/
Somehow, I've been thinking he's been told to set up the plays for other players and not necessarily try and score, which is unfortunate if that is the case.

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: November 30, 2009, 10:20:51 AM »
nothing
I LOVE THIS GAME BETTER THAN I LOVE THIS GAME

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: November 30, 2009, 11:44:36 AM »
Who see de silly breed he put on a Catania man??
De man collec it and just continue runnin!
Look like he was hopin nobody notice.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: November 30, 2009, 11:57:24 AM »
I like how 19% of the votes were for "brush a bad ho"....

Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: November 30, 2009, 12:33:39 PM »

Minute 1:35.. Jah gol, work yuh magic..

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/XLSFceXLZq0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/XLSFceXLZq0</a>

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #929 on: November 30, 2009, 01:00:16 PM »

Minute 1:35.. Jah gol, work yuh magic..

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/XLSFceXLZq0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/XLSFceXLZq0</a>
oh gorm !

1]; } ?>