March 28, 2024, 02:12:46 PM

Poll

Has Ronaldinho joined Pele and Maradona as the best player in his era?

Yes
25 (47.2%)
No
28 (52.8%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Author Topic: Ronaldinho Thread  (Read 200566 times)

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Official 2010/2011 Transfers/Rumours thread
« Reply #1170 on: January 31, 2011, 03:42:25 PM »
2108: DONE DEAL We brought you the possibility of this back around midday, and I can confirm Daniel Sturridge has now left Chelsea for Bolton on loan until the end of the season.

2110: Big news for Bolton, that, though it's confused the club's website editor by the look of things - news of Daniel Sturridge's arrival is accompanied by a big picture of... Danny Welbeck. Oops.   :rotfl:

well all black ppl does look the same... mua ha ha ha ha

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline TdotTrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: January 31, 2011, 03:55:50 PM »
Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere on Twitter: "BREAKING TRANSFER NEWS: I have just moved from the sofa to my bed!!"

Teamwork divides the task and multiplies the success

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: January 31, 2011, 04:26:34 PM »
Newcastle trying to resign NZogbia...after de man did everything he could to leave de club....desperation :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline TdotTrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: January 31, 2011, 04:42:25 PM »
2235: PREMIER LEAGUE DEADLINE DEALS SO FAR
So, as the clock ticks down to that 11pm deadline, lets have a summary of today's Premier League transfers shall we?

In:
Aston Villa (Bradley),
Birmingham (Martins),
Blackburn (Formica, Rochina),
Blackpool (Beattie, Reid),
Bolton (Sturridge),
Everton (Vellios),
Liverpool (Suarez, Thomas),
Newcastle (Ireland),
West Ham (McCallum),
Wolves (Basso)

Out: Aston Villa (Ireland, Osbourne),
Chelsea (Mellis, Nouble, Sturridge),
Fulham (Marsh-Brown),
Liverpool (Konchesky),
Man City (Gonzalez, Tuttle),
Man Utd (Stewart),
Stoke (Moult, Tuncay),
Sunderland (Da Silva, Reid),
Tottenham (Dos Santos),
West Brom (Downing),
Wigan (Nicholls),
Wolves (Davis, Keogh)

Offline TdotTrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: January 31, 2011, 04:45:44 PM »
Newcastle trying to resign NZogbia...after de man did everything he could to leave de club....desperation :rotfl: :rotfl:

2227: Shortest-lived transfer rumour of the day? Wigan chairman Dave Whelan has admitted he has turned down a bid from Newcastle - said to be around £10m - for winger Charles N'Zogbia and will resist any further bids for the Frenchman.

Offline TdotTrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: January 31, 2011, 05:02:44 PM »

2256: DONE DEAL The first of our golden trio is done, people. Liverpool have confirmed that Andy Carroll has signed for the club from Newcastle on a five-and-a-half-year deal for a club-record fee reported to be £35m.

Offline TdotTrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: January 31, 2011, 05:12:11 PM »
2301: We are hearing that Fernando Torres and David Luiz both signed for Chelsea in time to beat the deadline... no official word from the club just yet, though...

Chief football writer Phil McNulty on Twitter: "And Stephen Warnock may yet get his move back to Liverpool from Aston Villa after all on loan."

2305: Andy Carroll will wear the number 9 shirt at Liverpool.

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: February 05, 2011, 09:57:47 AM »
Aston Villa sign US midfielder Michael Bradley on loan

Aston Villa have signed Michael Bradley on loan from Borussia Moenchengladbach until the end of the season. The 23-year-old midfielder has passed a medical and should be available to play once he has been given a visa and international clearance.

Villa say they have an option to make the United States international's move permanent at the end of the season. Manager Gerard Houllier said: "Michael is is a very hard-working midfielder who can score goals and is versatile."

(continue)
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ronaldinho hopes for Brazil return
« Reply #1178 on: August 08, 2011, 11:10:32 AM »
Ronaldinho hopes for Seleção return

Flamengo forward Ronaldinho says that he believes he can still make an impact for the Brazil national team.

The 31-year-old has not played for the Seleção since last November, and was not selected in Mano Menezes' squad for the friendly against Germany on Wednesday night.

However, Ronaldinho is quoted by FIFA.com as saying: "Returning to the Brazil squad is what I've been dreaming of. Physically, I'm in top form. From now until the World Cup [in 2014] a lot of things can happen, but I believe I can make a positive contribution to the national team."

(continue)
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: Ronaldinho hopes for Brazil return
« Reply #1179 on: August 08, 2011, 11:18:48 AM »
i hoping as well for his return  :beermug:

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #1180 on: August 08, 2011, 11:27:45 AM »
Highlights from the last 4 Games.
My player.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/VWulqA6jpVY&amp;feature=feedu" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/VWulqA6jpVY&amp;feature=feedu</a>
1 Assist

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/D2g4rsnZW34&amp;feature=feedu" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/D2g4rsnZW34&amp;feature=feedu</a>
1 Assist

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/JwGDmJbFG0E&amp;feature=feedu" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/JwGDmJbFG0E&amp;feature=feedu</a>
1 Goal , 1 Assist

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/HvxQjyYnosc&amp;feature=channel_video_title" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/HvxQjyYnosc&amp;feature=channel_video_title</a>
3 Goals , 1 Assist

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: August 08, 2011, 11:59:50 AM »
As Brazilians would say,"Ronaldinho Gáucho é um craque" (essentially, he's a BOSS!!!)

Meanwhile, I find this link amusing ... imagine running a poll on who is the SECOND best Brazilian player of all time ... but I suppose that makes sense. :)

20,000 ppl have voted and I am somewhat surprised by the result ... with Ronaldinho pulling 30+% as the lead candidate for second best to Pele. (And, as one of the commentaries notes ...  Ronaldo Il Fenomeno is not on the list) ???.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 09:18:32 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #1182 on: August 18, 2011, 03:40:25 PM »
Ronaldinho back in Brazil squad for first time in nine months

The playmaker's fine form at club level earns him a recall to the team for friendly against Ghana, but Maicon is left out due to injury

Ronaldinho is back on the Brazil squad for the first time since October 2010 as coach Mano Menezes has recalled the Flamengo star for the friendly against Ghana in September.

The former AC Milan ace last played for Brazil in a friendly against Argentina and since then he was often overlooked, recently missing the Copa America.

However, it seems his nine goals in 15 games for Flamengo this term has changed Menezes' stance over the playmaker.

The bulk of the squad is made up from familiar faces such as Julio Cesar, Lucio, Robinho and Pato. But Inter's Maicon is not in the team as he needs surgery to a recent injury he sustained while training for the Italian outfit.

Here is the full list of players who are expected to feature against the African side.

Goalkeepers:  Julio Cesar, Fabio, Jefferson

Defenders: Daniel Alves, Thiago Silva, David Luiz, Adriano, Danilo, Dede, Lucio, Marcelo

Midfielders: Lucas Leiva, Paulo Henrique Ganso, Ronaldinho, Elias, Fernandinho, Lucas, Ralf, Luiz Gustavo

Strikers: Robinho, Neymar, Alexandre Pato, Hulk, Leandro Damiao.

The game takes place at Fulham's Craven Cottage on Sept. 5.

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/3296/brazil/2011/08/18/2625782/ronaldinho-back-in-brazil-squad-for-first-time-in-nine

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: August 18, 2011, 04:11:50 PM »
His last "official game" was in April 2009 during the qualifiers. Menezes still eh sure to keep de wuk ... maybe 'dinho could help him out.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #1184 on: August 18, 2011, 05:21:15 PM »
Ronaldinho back in Brazil squad for first time in nine months

The playmaker's fine form at club level earns him a recall to the team for friendly against Ghana, but Maicon is left out due to injury

Ronaldinho is back on the Brazil squad for the first time since October 2010 as coach Mano Menezes has recalled the Flamengo star for the friendly against Ghana in September.

The former AC Milan ace last played for Brazil in a friendly against Argentina and since then he was often overlooked, recently missing the Copa America.

However, it seems his nine goals in 15 games for Flamengo this term has changed Menezes' stance over the playmaker.

The bulk of the squad is made up from familiar faces such as Julio Cesar, Lucio, Robinho and Pato. But Inter's Maicon is not in the team as he needs surgery to a recent injury he sustained while training for the Italian outfit.

Here is the full list of players who are expected to feature against the African side.

Goalkeepers:  Julio Cesar, Fabio, Jefferson

Defenders: Daniel Alves, Thiago Silva, David Luiz, Adriano, Danilo, Dede, Lucio, Marcelo

Midfielders: Lucas Leiva, Paulo Henrique Ganso, Ronaldinho, Elias, Fernandinho, Lucas, Ralf, Luiz Gustavo

Strikers: Robinho, Neymar, Alexandre Pato, Hulk, Leandro Damiao.

The game takes place at Fulham's Craven Cottage on Sept. 5.

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/3296/brazil/2011/08/18/2625782/ronaldinho-back-in-brazil-squad-for-first-time-in-nine

i could finally watch brazil again, i tuned out a while ago when they shaft meh boy dinho and leave him off the wc 2010 squad.

finally some creativity enters brazil's  mid again 8)

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #1185 on: August 18, 2011, 06:10:56 PM »
He deserves this call up  think. Nice to see Hulk in the side.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: August 18, 2011, 08:20:45 PM »
Riquelme back for Argentina again too. 

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: August 18, 2011, 08:33:07 PM »
Well good to see him back and I'm sure playing for Brazil in Brazil in a World Cup will be incentive for all the players.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #1188 on: August 18, 2011, 09:27:32 PM »
mano looking to save his job...allyuh feel dinho could be effective in 2014?

Offline loyalist

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: August 18, 2011, 10:02:19 PM »
i think he could be effective man..yorke was effective for us in 2006...give him ah bligh man....honestly he really deserve he call up...he took all his criticism from the media and others...and went out and play to earn he pick...and honestly the mighty brazil is lacking creativity....and he may not be as dynamic as before...however i think he could offer spark....this might just resurect his career...This guy is a joy to watch play football....

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: August 18, 2011, 10:13:45 PM »
Glad to see him back. He is playing extremely well for Flamengo.
football...the one true life experience!!!

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #1191 on: August 19, 2011, 12:39:39 AM »
i think he could be effective man..yorke was effective for us in 2006...give him ah bligh man....honestly he really deserve he call up...he took all his criticism from the media and others...and went out and play to earn he pick...and honestly the mighty brazil is lacking creativity....and he may not be as dynamic as before...however i think he could offer spark....this might just resurect his career...This guy is a joy to watch play football....

good point but remember brazil trying to win a world cup, we were trying not to get bad licks.  doh forget yorke is ah fitness junkie, we know dinho dont know waht that mean.

right now he on fire but lets see how long he keeps it up.  3 years is a long time.  brazil need his creativity for sure until ganso get some european experience.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: August 19, 2011, 08:00:11 AM »
Ronaldinho is barely a shadow of his former self as a player - Maybe some regular int'l football can bring him back but to me he in a mess... He is alot slower, and his dribbling is not confident - most of the times he looks like he's on the verge of losing the ball- which he often does....and those highlights - apart from some routine finishes and a few unspectacular assists, the majority of them are failed plays - I don't see why they are posted on youtube as if to impress...

I was the biggest fan of R10, but I hadda see alot more to be confident that he's the answer to Brazil's problems - I see this as Menezes possibly just trying to bring his confidence back...
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 08:03:33 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: August 19, 2011, 08:45:35 AM »
Ronaldinho is barely a shadow of his former self as a player - Maybe some regular int'l football can bring him back but to me he in a mess... He is alot slower, and his dribbling is not confident - most of the times he looks like he's on the verge of losing the ball- which he often does....and those highlights - apart from some routine finishes and a few unspectacular assists, the majority of them are failed plays - I don't see why they are posted on youtube as if to impress...

I was the biggest fan of R10, but I hadda see alot more to be confident that he's the answer to Brazil's problems - I see this as Menezes possibly just trying to bring his confidence back...

More like trying to save his job.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: August 19, 2011, 09:05:41 AM »

More like trying to save his job.

True...

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: August 19, 2011, 10:21:43 AM »

Have you observed him consistently recently?

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #1196 on: August 20, 2011, 08:30:20 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/LlThl2db2yA&amp;feature=feedu" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/LlThl2db2yA&amp;feature=feedu</a>

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: August 20, 2011, 06:30:42 PM »

Have you observed him consistently recently?

yes -ish.... I know everyone is excited about his return, I remain skeptical..

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: August 21, 2011, 09:33:55 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/WeNKe3SWw2Y" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/WeNKe3SWw2Y</a>

He score a cheeky free kick today.
Good goals in this game.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #1199 on: August 22, 2011, 12:32:41 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/kVswDRfPUv8&amp;feature=youtube_gdata_player" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/kVswDRfPUv8&amp;feature=youtube_gdata_player</a>

1]; } ?>