2 (50%)
howard-magic
0 (0%)
KG -celtics
0 (0%)
T Mac-rockets
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: 2008 NBA MVP  (Read 4023 times)

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
2008 NBA MVP
« on: March 18, 2008, 07:11:24 PM »
ah think chris paul should get it
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 NBA MVP
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 10:09:05 PM »
If Kobe eh get it dis yr he eh go get it again
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 03:37:00 PM »
KG should have that

Celtics last season was wuss than the Knicks this season
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 01:59:07 PM »
weary right.  if they find a way to not give it to Kobe this year, then you know that whole MVP thing is a farce.

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 02:03:40 PM »
cp3.

kobe may be the best player in the league but i doh wanna no man who cry down he team at the beginning of the season and now all of a sudden when a magic pau gasol trade happen he team start winning more. un-mvp behavior is the usual for kobe tha's why he dont win it

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2008, 08:21:40 PM »
cp3.

kobe may be the best player in the league but i doh wanna no man who cry down he team at the beginning of the season and now all of a sudden when a magic pau gasol trade happen he team start winning more. un-mvp behavior is the usual for kobe tha's why he dont win it
i agree,when pau get injured last week lakers went on ah 2 game slide.an MVP does not necessarily have to be de best from de league,in my opinion,he must be ah leader and ah motivator.kobe is neither.not ah fuk fuh kobe.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2008, 09:54:03 AM »
I neva know dat d m in mvp was motivator. So Kobe is not a team player dat is y he eh d mvp ok if all yuh say so.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2008, 08:23:02 PM »
all the arguments against kobe winning the mvp boil down to the following: we just doh like him.

kobe is the best player in the league.  has been for several years.

twolves had one decent season KG get a MVP.  kobe still waiting.
steve nash get two MVP for 'making his teammates better' while kobe supposedly wasn't doing that.
Dirk was the best player in an ensemble cast with the best record.  he get an MVP.  kobe still waiting.

now kobe is still the best player (lebron have a lil while again) and the lakers record as good as anybody (celtics record have to be adjusted for conference) and people still trying to find excuses not to give the man the MVP.

anyhow, allyuh might enjoy this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7_AlZFpsXQ 

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2008, 09:40:27 PM »
all the arguments against kobe winning the mvp boil down to the following: we just doh like him.

steve nash get two MVP for 'making his teammates better' while kobe supposedly wasn't doing that.
Dirk was the best player in an ensemble cast with the best record.  he get an MVP.  kobe still waiting.

now kobe is still the best player (lebron have a lil while again) and the lakers record as good as anybody (celtics record have to be adjusted for conference) and people still trying to find excuses not to give the man the MVP.

yuh right i enjoy that.

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2008, 10:00:08 PM »

not doubting you there bredda. is just that mvp is more than being the best. is about being the most valuable. think about what chris paul did for new orleans and think about how kobe whine in la and tell me who more valuable not who better

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2008, 10:06:11 PM »

not doubting you there bredda. is just that mvp is more than being the best. is about being the most valuable. think about what chris paul did for new orleans and think about how kobe whine in la and tell me who more valuable not who better
yes bredda preach,ah could depend on yuh to bring order to this chaos.

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2008, 05:51:18 AM »

kobe clearly.   before this season kobe basically had one teammate who woulda get regular playing time anywhere else i.e. Lamar Odom.  In order for the Lakers to have a chance to win any given game Kobe had to play 40 minutes a game,  score 25 and guard the other team's best player.

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2008, 09:21:17 AM »
it's not that i hate kobe. in fact i like kobe as a player quite a lot. i recently had an argument with my friends when i said kobe is the best outside jumpshot maker to ever play the game - the man could create and knock down a shot from anywhere. but that's besides the point.

if talent were the sole evaluator for mvps then we might as well book the next 10 mvp awards to be shared between lebron and kobe coz it aint have no one more talented than them.

my point is that there are a lot of other factors to the lakers doing well other than kobe having a good kobe year:

1. a tremendous bench - vujacic, farmar, walton etc. any nba expert will tell you that this is the best and deepest bench in the league. kudos to the lakers management for stockpiling good players over the years

2. bynum in the early season - the man played like a beast of a center before he got injured

3. a ridiculous pau gasol trade - the grizzlies give away a borderline all-star for nothing. the lakers did not have to give away any of their top 10 core of players (kwame brown was outside the top 10 because he is garbage) for a guy who gives you 19 pts, 10+ rebounds, a temporary center to replace bynum who will shift over to power forward when bynum returns

i just dont see why kobe gets the credit for the lakers this year. (btw lakers 4-4 since gasol went down)

cp3 has torched every guard in the league this year. there is no one in the west who has had success defending him. the guy can score and flat out dish.
he's averaging 20+pts a game. 11.4 assists (more than nash). a full turnover per game less than nash. cp3 leads the league in steals.

cp3 for mvp. juss my opinion. watch the numbers. watch him play. see where the hornets are in the standings. then you can make your judgement

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2008, 12:02:56 PM »
I think Shaq should get it, cuz he does talk 2 facking much. Boss, ah know you is one of top members her or may be the top member, as far as staying on top of the basketball scene and keeping we updated. Ah doh know if yuh posted it already or may yuh may be yuh at work and didn't read it yet.

Any way while ah on work today, de wife call meh and ask meh if ah read de Miami Herald as yet, ah told her nah, we real busy, whats up. She said Shaq had some more negative stuff to say about de Heat, wid some thrash talking and he even called out Davis and Quinn. Well ah found time immediately, find ah paper and read it fuh meh self.

Let meh start by saying, ah still appreciate Shaq's contribution wid de Heat team for that championship in 2006. But from today he on meh shith list, de man said he on ah good team now (Suns) and at least he doh have to play with Quinn and Davis. He threw some blows at de Heat medical staff also, is ah bit 2 much tuh say everthing. Ah mean yuh in de facking league so long, people have respect fuh yuh, act like ah real professional and keep those comments to your self, yuh agent and close family nah, yuh doh dis people like dat on de press man. He surprised meh deh  :o.

De respect and love ah had fuh him as a player, dat gone, no individual is bigger dan de Heat team or de people dat does spend dey money, night in and night out tuh watch dem. De people dat hate Kobe and use to think he was de trouble maker Lakers, buy the paper or check it out on line or may be Boss might post it later. Observe the reply from Riley, he didn't allow dat facking King Kong to lead him in to de dirty talking. Riley is a real gentleman and a professional at heart. I and all use to think it was Kobe causing all de trouble at Lakers, but Shaq confirmed all doubts today. Kobe is guilty of ball hugging, but de macomeh man thing, Shaq in it big time  :o. Shaq, de time yuh talking tuh act like ah big girl on de media, go and look fuh yuh wife and she trainer, see how much more money missing from yuh account and see how many more guys she still giving out houses to  >:(HIGHLY BLESSED.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 12:09:22 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2008, 12:09:20 PM »
chris paul all the way.  that man single handedly drag the hornets kicking and screaming to the top iof the western conference---no mean feat in itself.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2008, 01:52:30 PM »
I think Shaq should get it, cuz he does talk 2 facking much. Boss, ah know you is one of top members her or may be the top member, as far as staying on top of the basketball scene and keeping we updated. Ah doh know if yuh posted it already or may yuh may be yuh at work and didn't read it yet.

Any way while ah on work today, de wife call meh and ask meh if ah read de Miami Herald as yet, ah told her nah, we real busy, whats up. She said Shaq had some more negative stuff to say about de Heat, wid some thrash talking and he even called out Davis and Quinn. Well ah found time immediately, find ah paper and read it fuh meh self.

Let meh start by saying, ah still appreciate Shaq's contribution wid de Heat team for that championship in 2006. But from today he on meh shith list, de man said he on ah good team now (Suns) and at least he doh have to play with Quinn and Davis. He threw some blows at de Heat medical staff also, is ah bit 2 much tuh say everthing. Ah mean yuh in de facking league so long, people have respect fuh yuh, act like ah real professional and keep those comments to your self, yuh agent and close family nah, yuh doh dis people like dat on de press man. He surprised meh deh  :o.

De respect and love ah had fuh him as a player, dat gone, no individual is bigger dan de Heat team or de people dat does spend dey money, night in and night out tuh watch dem. De people dat hate Kobe and use to think he was de trouble maker Lakers, buy the paper or check it out on line or may be Boss might post it later. Observe the reply from Riley, he didn't allow dat facking King Kong to lead him in to de dirty talking. Riley is a real gentleman and a professional at heart. I and all use to think it was Kobe causing all de trouble at Lakers, but Shaq confirmed all doubts today. Kobe is guilty of ball hugging, but de macomeh man thing, Shaq in it big time  :o. Shaq, de time yuh talking tuh act like ah big girl on de media, go and look fuh yuh wife and she trainer, see how much more money missing from yuh account and see how many more guys she still giving out houses to  >:(HIGHLY BLESSED.
i really eh know why de man pong miami so for,de city got ah championship,ah championship,this is de ultimate in sports,these tings doh come just so,everyting have to run like oil,from management to players and staff,so that means everybody was on de same page,so by shaq sayin these tings is probably he just blowin hot air in some reporter ass.

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2008, 03:48:06 PM »

my point is that there are a lot of other factors to the lakers doing well other than kobe having a good kobe year:

CP3 is a boss no doubt but the reality is anytime a team doing very well it have many reasons for that (front office, coaching & players).  that's actually the same point I was making last year when Nowitzki was the favorite (and eventual winner).  It's not as if David West is not an all-star and Tyson Chandler doesn't pull 15 or 16 rebounds on a regular basis and Morris Peterson is not a decent player.

anyhow, I will admit CP3 is one of the few players in the league I will admit you could put in the same conversation with kobe

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2008, 10:11:06 AM »

i really eh know why de man pong miami so for,de city got ah championship,ah championship,this is de ultimate in sports,these tings doh come just so,everyting have to run like oil,from management to players and staff,so that means everybody was on de same page,so by shaq sayin these tings is probably he just blowin hot air in some reporter ass.

Ah had a few parties on south beach, FL and ah had de blessed opportunity to have him on meh VIP list. I must admit, he is a real cool guy to be around, always talking some kind ah shith tuh have people around him laughing. Ah didn't stay too long around him, cuz ah had tuh monitor meh money in de dance, but de lil time ah was chillin wid he crew, ah never saw dat in him at all. He really shock meh wid dat behavior. HIGHLY BLESSED.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 10:48:34 AM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2008, 11:14:52 PM »
kobe fuh MVP,allyuh ha to be mad in allyuh ass.kobe had ah 50 pt nite and de lakers still lose at home to gasol old team.

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2008, 10:08:45 AM »
because the MVP does only go to players on teams that win 82 games

1]; } ?>