April 25, 2024, 02:59:14 AM

Author Topic: Jamaican side harbour View collected 5 fom DC United  (Read 3454 times)

truetrini

Jamaican side harbour View collected 5 fom DC United
« on: March 18, 2008, 07:52:11 PM »
Cake walk fo the Americans...easy as pie....nah esaier...easy as falling off a log!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 10:20:52 PM by truetrini »

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jamaican side harbour View collected 5 fom DC Uniyed
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 08:37:35 PM »
D.C. United scores 4 goals in the second half to advance in CONCACAF Champions Cup
53 minutes ago

Buzz Up PrintWASHINGTON (AP)—Devon McTavish and Luciano Emilio each scored two goals, and D.C. United defeated Jamaica’s Harbour View in the CONCACAF Champions Cup quarterfinals 5-0 Tuesday night.

D.C. United scored three second-half goals in a five-minute span to break open the second leg of the series. The two teams drew 1-1 last week in Kingston, Jamaica.

United advances to the semifinal round of the CONCACAF Champion’s Cup. The club will face the winner of Wednesday’s game between Mexico’s Pachuca CF and Honduras’ CD Motagua, who drew 0-0 in their first leg.

Emilio, last year’s Major League Soccer MVP, started the second-half scoring binge with a goal off Fred’s pass in the 63rd minute. Three minutes later, Emilio again found the net, heading in a rebound when Santino Quaranta’s shot bounced off Harbour View goalkeeper Dwayne Miller.

McTavish scored D.C. United’s fourth goal in the 68th minute off a pass from Quaranta, who had entered the game just four minutes earlier.

McTavish scored the first goal of the game in the 26th minute, pulling in Marcelo Gallardo’s free kick behind the Harbour View defense on the right side of the goal area and pushing a shot past Miller.

McTavish had scored his first goal in three years as a member of D.C. United in the teams’ first leg.

Fred capped the scoring with a goal in the 88th minute.

Harbour View was without two players who started the first leg. According to Jamaican media reports, Kemeel Wolfe and Rafiek Thomas were denied visas for the trip.

D.C. United’s Jamie Moreno, the MLS’s all-time leading scorer, also missed the game with after injuring his hamstring in the first game.

United played a slower, possession game in the first half.

Harbour View’s defense appeared to wear down in the second half, as United’s offense found far more attacking chances.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 09:34:42 PM »
 ;D Instant thread after Harbour View lost to DC United, unlike last week in the first leg tie.

The same can be said about the local "B" Reggae Boyz tour in Brazil.  ;D Nothing.
Hmm! I'm certainly detecting something. What could it be. ;) :rotfl: :rotfl:
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 09:36:16 PM by jamaica2099 »
jjbrown

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 09:46:44 PM »
shithounds  :devil: we beat Chivas  ::)  ;D
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 09:48:01 PM »
Look nuh JamaicaforWC2099,
de special on de menu for this week is
"Licks like peas for Harbou View"

de special MAY change next time ;) ;)
 ;D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 09:51:43 PM »
o shocks man ah now watching the game y u had to put d score in yuh title
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

truetrini

Re: Jamaican side harbour View collected 5 fom DC United
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2008, 10:22:11 PM »
o shocks man ah now watching the game y u had to put d score in yuh title

Sorry but de game did play earlier and is ah real shit game.  Yuh eh missing nutten

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2008, 10:26:04 PM »
I guess now wouldn't be a good time to mention that at least Harbor View made the cut for championship series.

At any rate...the second goal (first of the second half) was a real nice back heel from Fred to Emiliano.  I pretty much stopped watching after that HV looked lost, struggled to maintain possession and were consigned to taking speculative long-distance shots presumably aimed at the goal.  They looked very amateurish, not at all befitting their fancy Defence Force-looking kit.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2008, 06:54:39 AM »
I was hoping Harbor View could upset them. But it was always going to be an uphill battle. The commentators mentioned a few HV starters (and the chef) were refused visas which is obviously never good. I'm not sure where all the criticism is coming from. Didn't HV beat a PFL team to get here? On the road, our teams tend to look pretty sad in this competition too.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2008, 07:01:18 AM »
that doh say much for the standard of caribbean football. even worse if that harbour view come trinidad and knock out a local side on the way to the caribbean championship.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2008, 07:04:42 AM »
1-868-SHITHONGS
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2008, 08:07:08 AM »
Same ole story with Caribbean teams....put up a decent showing at home, then done & dusted on the road.....next year for sure  :-\
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2008, 08:12:47 AM »
I eh no hater, so I was hoping the Caribbean side would duss aside DC. ah well! :-\
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2008, 08:22:49 AM »
If US visa problems persist then FIFA should intervene and change hosting venues for both legs.

All the D.C. United players needed was a piece of paper to enter the Caribbean. ???
jjbrown

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2008, 08:36:21 AM »
DC United stocks just went up....  :rotfl:

Kemeel Wolfe and Rafiek Thomas is not regular starters anyway...... Hue was silent !!!!!!

Jamaica2000: Only excuses, excuses, let me guess. Blame Jack....

HVFC - 01–Dwayne Miller, 8- Richard Edwards, 10- Kavin Bryan (71: 31-Marcelino Blackburn), 13- Ronny Amaguana, 14- Robert Scarlet, 19-Fabian Taylor-C, 24- Lovel Palmer (72: 39- Keith Kelly), 27- Christopher Harvey, 29- Jermaine Taylor, 44- Donald Stewart (79: 9-Kamar Petrekin), 51-Jermaine Hue.

DCU - 1-Zach Wells, 2– Gonzalo Peralta, 4- Marc Burch (82: 6–Domenic Mediate), 7– Fred, 10– Marcelo Gallardo-C (72: 15-Rod Dyachenko), 11-Luciano Emilio, 18- Devon McTavish, 19-Clyde Simms, 23 – Gonzalo Martinez, 26 – Bryan Namoff, 34- Franco Niell (64: 25-Santino Quaranta).
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 02:22:14 PM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2008, 08:43:55 AM »
If US visa problems persist then FIFA should intervene and change hosting venues for both legs.

All the D.C. United players needed was a piece of paper to enter the Caribbean. ???

I am always in favour of stiff reciprocity.

Harbour Boo showed up, not Harbour View. Nothing about the portion of the match I saw surprised me whatsoever. What else is to be expected when a team can not play in all thirds?

Offline ttcom

• Hero Warrior
  • us/trini/jamaican
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2008, 09:55:46 AM »

What you mean by visa problem persist. If the player has a criminal record it should be waived?
Stupidity is an elemental force for which no earthquake is a match."
-Karl Kraus

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2008, 09:58:41 AM »
JamaicaFOR WC2099: Only excuses, excuses, let me guess. Blame Jack....
nah, is Boxhill fault ;D

What you mean by visa problem persist. If the player has a criminal record it should be waived?
Yeah, let all dem badmen eeenn :devil:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2008, 09:53:54 AM »

Really. ??? Can you put up the proof for me. Or is it because of Bin Laden?
jjbrown

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2008, 10:11:35 AM »
nuff of unnuh pussyhole a born a raised a fareign dats why unnuh a chat fackery.. mek mi tell unnuh sumthin..USA tek care of dem own it nuh mater if a we footbal or american football.  Nuff west indians grew up wid a record,  a police record dat  mi a talk bout.. Every lill thing U.S Embassy a deny visa for trus mi..
I aint see shit when Harbour View tie dem but all of a sudden unnuh a chat fackery .. Allyuh pussyhole does skin teeth when Iraq and Iran beat USA but when we own west Indian team loose to an american side alyuh does come push up allyuh dutty mouth..suck unnuh mudda !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
war..
Black Lives Matter..

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2008, 10:42:31 AM »
warmonga i get the impression u trying to sound like some1 u aint

i aint justifying ah man's position on this issue one way or the other

but yuh ignorance of the tnt  ja rivarly says alot

let me jus mention this ,liverpool went 2 the sans siro to play inter millan and the inter fans had a banner thanking liverpool 4 denying ac millan the champions league thropy more than a yr ago. imagine that

and to add another bit ah info, i watched the 2nd leg game when we played bahrain, amongst a jamaican audience. i learned alot that day

so if some1 wanted dc to crush that ja side  who the hell am i 2 judge and by extension who d hell r u
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 10:55:46 AM by freakazoid »
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2008, 10:45:41 AM »
nuff of unnuh pussyhole a born a raised a fareign dats why unnuh a chat fackery.. mek mi tell unnuh sumthin..USA tek care of dem own it nuh mater if a we footbal or american football.  Nuff west indians grew up wid a record,  a police record dat  mi a talk bout.. Every lill thing U.S Embassy a deny visa for trus mi..
I aint see shit when Harbour View tie dem but all of a sudden unnuh a chat fackery .. Allyuh pussyhole does skin teeth when Iraq and Iran beat USA but when we own west Indian team loose to an american side alyuh does come push up allyuh dutty mouth..suck unnuh mudda !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
war..
War, doh study ting so hard nuh
Is jez ah Likkle Heckle man ;) ;)
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

1]; } ?>