March 28, 2024, 06:18:27 AM

Author Topic: D Touches Match Observation TT vs El Salvador  (Read 10059 times)

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
D Touches Match Observation TT vs El Salvador
« on: March 20, 2008, 07:54:30 AM »
Dear Forumites,

I was rather pleased with the showing of this new young team and it was a stark contrast to the Guadeloupe game played on Ash Wed.
There were plenty positives coming out of this match and while there are things to work on with time this can be corrected.

I left town at 4:15 and went Bar hopping in the east. The traffic was bad but I eventually arrived around 6:45. The Main road leading down to the Marvin Lee was jam pack with cars and it was a better bet if you parked on the Main road and walked in.

From the number of cars I say ...hrmph....like they get a crowd.

After walking in I greeted with a Free bag of Chow...Mango or Pineapple and opted for the mango. I did not see the Richards Bake and Shark, I bought 3$ worth of pholourie which was missing split peas and I refused to pay 4$ for a doubles. The 5$ pie was apparently sliced by a Cheese knife and I washed that down with a 8$ juice that was selling 2 for 15.

Reaching up into the stands I could not believe it...Marvin Lee Ram OUT

The entire stand was full, the bleachers behind the goal post was full and the jokey stand by the corner flag was full....I say wheeeeyyyy like Jack oversell tickets here or wha?

It was so bad a new stand was created by the public who could not get seats. The entire Roof that covers the walkway from the main stand and cafeteria was  used as a balcony and that and all was ram out.

I stood up for the whole match behind the last row of seats leaning up on the press box...all the aisles were filled and people were seated on the steps...MAJOR FIRE HAZARD. Also at the end of the game only one small gate was opened for people to exit the facility leading to a massive jam. Why are the authorities so stupid when it comes to exiting. It always occurs when ever a game is finished why cant they open more gates or larger ones....Lord help us if there is a fire or an emergency.

So I would estimate the attendance at 3,000 People.

Anyway back to the game.

TT line up (taken from Flex report)

T&T: – 21.Marvin Phillip, 2.Kern Cupid, 4.Keston Williams, 19.Keon Daniel, 9.Aurtis Whitley (capt), 15.Akeem Adams, 6.Khaleem Hyland, 5.Makan Hislop, 8.Kerry Baptiste (17.Silas Spann 77th), 7.Jamaal Gay, 11.Randi Patterson.

Subs that did not play: – 1.Glenroy Samuel, 3.Akile Edwards, 13.Kevon Neaves, 12.Justin Fojo, 16.Daniel Cyrus.

We lined up in a 4-4-2 and the El Salvador team played a 3-5-2.

Physically all the men on the TT team were nashy and thin. Only Patterson had any meat on his bones, but the El salvador players all were either good actors or  just sufferring from a doubles paper finish. Them fellas fall down with every challenge...wasting time and just killing the flow of the game at every opportunity.

Now I know it is still early, and maybe my eye is untrained, but I have not seen a difference in style or tactics between Beenie/Wim and Maturana.

TT played the ball in the back keeping possession at all times, tried the flank, if it was not on... we go backward and then we spread the ball to the other side of the field.

I was pleased with the possession, no errors, no bad passes, good control and players fighting and hustling for the ball. They would try a little beat to create space and they would play safe if needed.

However let us be mindful that El salvador did not pressure us too much, the game was a relatively clean one, and plenty of time and space was afforded to both teams. One worrying thing for me was that there was Whitley was alone in the middle and while playing as the defensive midfielder had to do all the attacking work as well, he had no support and took the team on his shoulders, directing the play and slowing down or speeding up as the case may be.

So at times the backs and fwds syndrome and long ball hoof was the order of the day.

Also TT made good progress in the first 15 minutes..making 1-2 going into the box creating chances, but then the El salvador mid shut us down with the extra man and for the remainder of the period we could not come out of our half of the field. Also worrying was that it was only the two El salvador fwds keeping us at bay and running hard amongst our back 4.

However we knocked the ball and kept possession well and did not make any mistakes.

In the second half EL salvador upped the tempo and we matched them...playing the offside trap well and physically putting them under pressure.

I must say that the back 4 on display was the best I have see thus far since our Germany showing. These 4 fellas were all composed on the ball...fast...good in the tackle...good at reading the game...and they would actually step fwd and tackle and not point and shadow players. I like the number 2 Kern Cupid in particular, speedy and was good going fwd. They communicate well and show no shakeyness or panic.

The middle two are tall and decent in the air...only concern is that they need some size.

In terms of stand out players Randi Patterson the number 11 was the best player on the field...he has a better build than the rest, was evidently fit and was notch faster, stronger on the ball and had a element of hustle that no others had. He has a good first touch, can skip away from tackles well and was useful taking on his opponent. Also he ran off the ball well and created plays, he knows how to make the diagonal and circular runs that Gay did not do.

After him Whitley and the Goal scorer Keon Daniel had good games, good passing, hustling getting into the mix good understanding.

Keon Daniel scored a beauty of a goal from about 20 yard out...a left foot curler around the wall which the Keeper could only stretch and tip onto his post and into the net. It was a great kick, something we should do more often.

Finally the number 2 in the back were my standout players.

Hyland was absent for me and had a forgetable game, Baptisite was another one that was quiet on the night.

I was unhappy with the performance of two players...the Goal Keeper Phillip and the other fwd number 7 Jamal Guy.

Phillip did not command his area well and was jumbieing his defenders by hesitiating, coming out, retreating, coming out etc....is either yuh go and clean up or yuh stay on yuh line. Also he let some cross balls pass in front of his area and honestly if El salvador had competent men up front we would be made to pay for his hesitation.

The number 7 was just out of it....he was the pullstones for the night and the funny thing is...football does follow pullstones right tru.

He missed 2 crosses that looked like goal and he was slow and lethargic. He was thin getting knocked off the ball and did not make the proper runs up front to get in the mix. His control was also off but to his credit he made a couple pretty beat and flick near the corner flag.

The sub that came on to rapturous applause was Silas Spann for Baptiste...Full of energy and promise. However his contribution for the night was two attempted dribbles...TWO JAM. End of story.

Certain section of the crowd were calling for Fojo but he never took to the field. Maturana opting instead to give all the players a good workout and not tinker with selection and rhythm in the final minutes of the game

That was it..a few scares from the El slavador #14 in the final minutes but good back tracking and blade by the defenders had him skipping and putting the ball overbar.

This young team would have been nice to see in the Digicup and I think we can use a few of them as subs later on or groom them bit by bit to take over in the next few yrs. However they still have work to do and those with promise should go abroad immediately and bulk up and take jamming. The experience and fitness is needed. I would keep mixing the pros with this batch and instead of picking man on name and past glory go on form. The youths hungry and they showing the fight and had we lost the match I would still be pleased with the showing and fight put forth by the fellas last night.

I dont think we will do too bad vs Jamaica and this is a nice group to work with.

Till next time.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 08:06:26 AM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

TrinInfinite

Re: D Touches Match Observation TT vs El Salvador
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 08:02:34 AM »
nice breddah :beermug: was waiting for the report...
one question though, how was the creativity in the midfield besides whitley? are we still lacking this element?

God is de BOSS....

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 08:08:28 AM »
Nice report they Touches....

A day you wish them tassa men was there to live up de place, I hear de crowd was small....  ;D

I believe Maturana should have made 3 subs for the least, give Kevon Neaves and Justin Fojoa run out... and maybe Cyrus a 5 mins too....

We have to thank Lincoln Phillips for finding Patterson....

T&T players need a better diet.....

How did Daniel look on the field, give us a better review.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 08:10:42 AM »
Only Whitley,

Daniel and Hyland were used as pressure outlets...if 3 men on Whitley he will pass to them...but they would play the ball back...not thread it fwd.

I feel Whitley has replaced bleeder as that defensive mid.

Also too we did not have a clue as to the counter attack...we getting opportunites to take it to them...men stopping and waiting holding the play and turning back.

Many wasted counter attack opportunites.

This is an area of our game we need to work on especially as we play knock around in the back.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 08:13:13 AM »

Physically all the men on the TT team were nashy and thin. Only Patterson had any meat on his bones, but the El salvador players all were either good actors or just sufferring from a doubles paper finish. Them fellas fall down with every challenge...wasting time and just killing the flow of the game at every opportunity.

Classic Touches.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2008, 08:14:02 AM »
Oh lord boy Touches....whole morning ah waiting...ah now going to read it.... ;D

Edit:

Ah boy Touches....yuh never disappoint...ah love it...Thanks...

What yuh say about Patterson is what de commentators where saying...he seems to have really been a good find...
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 08:21:55 AM by brownsugar »
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2008, 08:14:14 AM »
Trinidad score a free kick, a left footer at that.

Anybody could remember when, if ever, a Trinidadian score a left footed free kick?

Més que un club.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2008, 08:15:15 AM »
i am very happy  that we can give a 16  yr old a debut at left back

very happy that 2 other u17 players were in the squad
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2008, 08:20:09 AM »
thanks for report sir . Ah football game is never de some without D Touches Match Report. :notworthy:

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2008, 08:20:16 AM »
Thanx, precise report as usual. How would you rate the players?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 08:21:55 AM by royal »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2008, 08:21:34 AM »
stueps jack need to stop overselling tickets, just like how he put people life in jepordy in 1989, now the government had inquiry into it and looking to press charges for that, plus he need to expand that stadium.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2008, 08:29:09 AM »
Trinidad score a free kick, a left footer at that.

Anybody could remember when, if ever, a Trinidadian score a left footed free kick?

Ah could be wrong, but didn't Nigel Daniel do that in de Digicel Cup?

Boss report as usual Touches!
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2008, 08:33:18 AM »
Give thanks breds, i find mehself adjusting mehself in meh chair(in anticipation)when ah start to read yuh report. Yo, i so happy to hear we have a youth(16!!!!)playing left back for we and doing well that make my day. Also what is de capacity of Marvin Lee, can we acutally play we Qualifiers there, cause it seems as though de fellahs comfortable wid it? Thanks again for de report jed.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2008, 08:33:26 AM »
Thanks Touches
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline trinsolutions

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2008, 08:43:10 AM »
making a sub in the game is important but the coach knows what his doing. lets give hime credit for bring a team of young team

Offline trini supporter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2008, 08:50:48 AM »
Great report Touches :beermug:

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2008, 09:04:18 AM »
If touches give the team a positive talk then I'm convinced they played well cuz he doh pull punches so i glad to hear that ...a thought occurred to me that when Patterson didn't make it to the mls  I was concerned Corneal and them would abandon him like they normally do luckily they didn't and he got a chance to show his worth. Yuh cyah teach speed and despite all the forwards we seemingly have they really not all that quick with the exception of Cornell and  to a lesser extent Kenwyn . Touches the question I had for yuh was how did Baptiste do on the wing because truth be told after Carlos he is the only player I've seen recently who have wing ability  plus the Hislop youth . Meh boys up here rating Hislop but I tell them I find he slow so I was concerned as to what kinda game he had.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 09:20:17 AM by Ngozi »

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2008, 09:05:20 AM »
I wasn't here for the u-17 world cup so i was wondering...how the hell they used that stadium back then? The roads in a mess, the parking in a mess, the amoutn of kill seats in the stand is amazing (seats u cah see the whole field from). And isn't the capacity supposed to be around 10, 000?

But back to the game. The #7 was Jamaal Gay, i think he now out of Eldo. He have height so if he get some meat he could be Kenwyne back up in the next 4 years. On a side note, I see the youthman on the bus route travelling home around 10:30 after the game. That just wrong. U make your debut for your national team and u hadda find u way home afterwards by urself? I knwo is holidays, but supposed the man had school the next morning? I just think we should be pass them things, but i guess not.

Back to the football..although the defence played well, they were never really under pressure. I find the few times the stoppers were under pressure they just kick the ball away. The wing backs seemed composed throughout tho, both going forward and defending. If that fella (adams) is 16, i very impressed and hope he progress nicely.

Hyland probably had jetlag and Aurtis wasn't match fit cause u could see he fade in the second half and revert to the direct ball everytime he get the ball (Yorke style, nah). Patterson fade too but he work his off whole game so that was expected.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2008, 09:08:27 AM »
$4 doubles?

$5 pie?

How much for a stag?

Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2008, 09:08:42 AM »
Since last night ah waiting on this report... Well worth the wait... Even doh I in foreign and it cold like hell, yuh make me feel like ah was there.... Now ah feeling for some pineapple chow .... ;D

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2008, 09:22:08 AM »
Marvin Phillip: Was not tested really..Was not demanding defense though

Kern Cupid: Was very good at defending(tackling ..tracking back) and was good when attacking ... His passing ability is bad and lost the ball easily..He is also quite slow when it comes to decision making.. but he will be a good asset

Keston Williams: Solid..Good CB..Strong and Tall..Tackled well

Makan Hislop: Was ok..Needs to improve..Maybe he still adapting to the climate cuz he now came home from University. But he held his own

Akeem Adams: Was impressive..He did very well both defending and attacking..A little nervous but thats understandable. He was ball watching a bit and showing some youthfull exuberance but he will improve.

Kerry Baptiste: He seemed out of it..He improved in the ending stages of the 1st half and was better in the second.

Aurtis Whitley: Showed his class. Was good but maybe not 100% fit but finding his rhythm and he will be very important in the upcoming campaign

Khaleem Hyland: Was very very casual...Maybe jet lag or star boy syndrome but he was very poor..He showed some nice passing play but other than that he was bad. But we know what he is capable of but he needs to improve his game or else Birchall or Bleeder will walk into his place

Keon Daniel: Had a good game..He could do better..also he kept drifting into CM from the LW position he was assigned..He clearly dislikes playing LW but he is capable of playing it. He scored a beauty of a free kick. Becks would have applauded lol.

Randi Patterson: Was the best player on the field. He is fit..Runs alot..Works hard..Also he can pass and he has speed. Didnt get any clear cut chances but definitely one to look out for..He is not in the class of Stern Scotty and KJ but he would provide some good back up.

Jamal Gay: Was basically the lone striker..He used his height and his strength but was obviously nervous. He is raw but he can only improve. Wasn't the best of games for him but now he can progress having completed his debut

Sub:
Silas Spann: Kenwyne Jones look alike..Not as tall but same hair style..same number(17).
He played RW when he came on for Kerry. He was up for the game but he wasnt really that effective. But looked bright

I was dissapointed not to see Fojo and Neaves but Pacho is the boss and he knows what he is doing

Crowd was impressive as well..Marvin Lee was ram out

Onto Greater Things
SM
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 09:28:04 AM by Small Magician aka Wazza »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2008, 09:30:11 AM »
Respect Touches ... lucid report as usual ...

I wasn't here for the u-17 world cup so i was wondering...how the hell they used that stadium back then? The roads in a mess, the parking in a mess, the amoutn of kill seats in the stand is amazing (seats u cah see the whole field from). And isn't the capacity supposed to be around 10, 000?

But back to the game. The #7 was Jamaal Gay, i think he now out of Eldo. He have height so if he get some meat he could be Kenwyne back up in the next 4 years. On a side note, I see the youthman on the bus route travelling home around 10:30 after the game. That just wrong. U make your debut for your national team and u hadda find u way home afterwards by urself? I knwo is holidays, but supposed the man had school the next morning? I just think we should be pass them things, but i guess not.

Back to the football..although the defence played well, they were never really under pressure. I find the few times the stoppers were under pressure they just kick the ball away. The wing backs seemed composed throughout tho, both going forward and defending. If that fella (adams) is 16, i very impressed and hope he progress nicely.

Hyland probably had jetlag and Aurtis wasn't match fit cause u could see he fade in the second half and revert to the direct ball everytime he get the ball (Yorke style, nah). Patterson fade too but he work his off whole game so that was expected.

Agreed. Dat eh right.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2008, 09:36:57 AM »
Ngozi

Baptiste had a quiet game, he did not play bad, but not the same kinda impact as when he playing for his club team.

A partner of mine stated that a PFL team would have beaten El Salvador bad. Maybe maybe not...El Salvador is not that strong but I wouldnt say they shitty.

They gave us time and space in the back and maybe a faster running team would have caused us problems...but having seen TT vs lesser opposition and struggling, you have to give them credit for what was displayed tonight.

It was the most error free game we have played in a while.

As for Hislop he was not exposed last night. He read the game well and put in the tackle...against better opposition we can make that call.
Only Guy did not look up to std, but as its debut jitters, young etc. I will give him 2 more games before I write him off.

Patterson, Daniel and the wing back could compete with the overseas pros and be bench players in our strongest team.

Competition for places is good...they just need more experience under their belt.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2008, 09:45:53 AM »
Ngozi

Baptiste had a quiet game, he did not play bad, but not the same kinda impact as when he playing for his club team.

A partner of mine stated that a PFL team would have beaten El Salvador bad. Maybe maybe not...El Salvador is not that strong but I wouldnt say they shitty.

They gave us time and space in the back and maybe a faster running team would have caused us problems...but having seen TT vs lesser opposition and struggling, you have to give them credit for what was displayed tonight.

As for Hislop he was not exposed last night. He read the game well and put in the tackle...against better opposition we can make that call.
Only Guy did not look up to std, but as its debut jitters, young etc. I will give him 2 more games before I write him off.

Patterson, Daniel and the wing back could compete with the overseas pros and be bench players in our strongest team.

Competition for places is good...they just need more experience under their belt.

breds yuh still didnt answer my question, ah still waitng? ???

God is de BOSS....

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2008, 10:04:54 AM »
 :applause: :applause: :applause:
Touches breds thanks a lot,as usual is only you does tell it like it is,i really feeling good this morning not only because the team played well or showing some promise but because of who the team was comprised off,i always felt if players get a chance they will perform regardless of foreign/local.It's also nice to see T&T play a game and you eh hear JW or Anton name mentioned,i'm waiting for when things not right.   

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2008, 10:08:14 AM »
Ngozi

breds yuh still didnt answer my question, ah still waitng? ???

God is de BOSS....

I thought creativity was lacking outside of Whitley and even he wasn't all that creative because he was busy playing Def Mid role aslo. They're weren't able to open up El Sal's defense very often but at the same time wasn't giving up possession easily.

We also have to bear in mind that El Salvador was also an experimental team for them too and they didn't push T&T much at all.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2008, 10:14:09 AM »
yu refuse to pay 4 trini for a doubles ? dread right now I go pay 10 U.S for a facking doubles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
War
Black Lives Matter..

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2008, 10:35:24 AM »
Nice Touches nice. Spidey u eye deceive yuh. Dey eh make d man take maxi? Why did nthey not open d car park in d Centre of Excellence can somebody tell me. Loud steupssssssssss

He have Cape in a couple momths so he really eh have no set a vacation.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2008, 10:51:50 AM »
Niceness Touches. Thanks for the report.

TI... I feel it have only one answer you want to hear.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2008, 10:54:06 AM »
Touches no difference in strategy since Beenie or Wim. Man eh go like 2 hear dat. After all Beenie eh play Latas in d WC till Paraguay and everything after dat was Wim fault. 
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>