April 24, 2024, 05:00:29 AM

Author Topic: Jason Scotland needs your backing  (Read 1979 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jason Scotland needs your backing
« on: March 20, 2008, 10:45:44 AM »
Jason Scotland needs your backing
Swansea Evening Post

Swansea City's fans have been urged to get behind Jason Scotland - to inspire their 25-goal top-scorer to even better form.

Scotland's agent Mike Berry contacted the Evening Post to express his dismay over the lack of support the Trinidad & Tobago man has received from some sections of the Swansea crowd this season.

And Berry has told Swansea's followers they will not see the best of Scotland unless they show him more warmth.

"I have kept my counsel for a few months on this one," Berry said.

"But I've decided to say something because it hurts Jason that the fans are not giving him the acclaim he deserves.

"I've watched a few games this season and I think 75 per cent of the Swansea fans support Jason, but they are the quiet majority.

"The minority seem to be louder and I don't think it's fair.

"Look at what he's had to deal with this season. He's had to get used to a new club in a new league, he's had to get used to a new role playing up front on his own and he's had to replace Lee Trundle.

"He's responded with 25 goals, making him the top-scorer in the league, and yet the fans haven't even got a chant going for him.

"I thought the Welsh were supposed to be a nation of singers, so I just can't understand that.

"How about the old one 'Super Kevin Phillips'. Why aren't they singing 'Super Jason Scotland'?"

Signed from St Johnstone in a £25,000 deal last summer, Scotland's goals have made him one of the bargains of the season.

But still some Swansea fans haven't taken him to their hearts, with the doubters questioning his work-rate.

"Anybody who knows anything about football knows Jason works his socks off," Berry added.

"Thank God Roberto Martinez and his team-mates recognise that, because they are the ones keeping Jason going at the moment.

"He was loved by the fans at St Johnstone, Dundee United and Defence Force.

"He was as big as Lee Trundle was at Swansea at all his previous clubs, so he can't understand why he hasn't had the same welcome at Swansea.

"Jason is a smashing lad who always has a smile on his face, and I think he could be a bigger star than Trundle was with the right support.

"This is a rallying cry from me for the fans to get behind him."

Berry, who is also the agent of Dennis Lawrence as well as a string of other T & T stars, reckons Scotland will respond to a surge of support from Swansea's fans.

"Jason has a bag of tricks as big as Trundle's, but he'll only produce them when he feels comfortable and confident," he said.

"I keep asking him where his tricks are, but so far he hasn't been in the right mood.

"If Swansea fans put their arm round him, they will get more in return."

CLICK HERE to view the comments
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
Re: Jason Scotland needs your backing
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 10:50:51 AM »
so berry lookin to chain up the man to share beat?
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 11:16:19 AM »
"Mike Berry (and Jason) should note that love is a two-way thing. I suggest that Jason should start to acknowledge the fans - you never see him go to the east or south stands at the end of a game to clap the fans. Try following Tate & Co. and perhaps we will start loving him back. We want to love him more - its only costing us £1000 a goal so far - cheap at the price.
Mark Jones, penmaen, swansea"

Alot of them complaining about his work rate but he is playing as a lone striker.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 11:28:53 AM »
man if allyuh know how this issue vexing me eh and reading some ah them comments n helping

ah off ah d swansea waggon
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 11:31:06 AM »
so berry lookin to chain up the man to share beat?
ent
and berry mus ah get some pointers from Jack oui
eh eh
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2008, 11:33:27 AM »
Truth is I don't see the big deal respect is earned but you cant please everyone now it looking like the man walking around begging for affection if some of the fans don't give love so be it f**k em....do your business and your form will take care of the rest .....25 goals means that the people like the managers of the other teams will be the ones giving love at the end of the season ..... so stop all the begging and grovelling and get on with yuh work...in england fans love yuh today hate yuh tommorow....so why go out to get love from them show yuh team who have yuh back and yuh manager love....to hell with everybody else..........

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2008, 11:40:16 AM »
Truth is I don't see the big deal respect is earned but you cant please everyone now it looking like the man walking around begging for affection if some of the fans don't give love so be it f**k em....do your business and your form will take care of the rest .....25 goals means that the people like the managers of the other teams will be the ones giving love at the end of the season ..... so stop all the begging and grovelling and get on with yuh work...in england fans love yuh today hate yuh tommorow....so why go out to get love from them show yuh team who have yuh back and yuh manager love....to hell with everybody else..........

here...here.... :beermug:
Warrior For Life !!

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2008, 11:51:01 AM »
Jason should move to another championship club, and score the goal that gets Swansea demoted at the end of the season...MAybe then they will appreciate what they had, but by then it would be too late...
I am curious to know though how many of his goals have come via penalty??? Tallman...

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2008, 11:56:31 AM »
Jason should move to another championship club, and score the goal that gets Swansea demoted at the end of the season...MAybe then they will appreciate what they had, but by then it would be too late...
I am curious to know though how many of his goals have come via penalty??? Tallman...

quite a few..included his latest, though ironically Swansea got knocked out of their cup game because although he scored a penalty during the game, he missed a crucial one during penalty kicks.....such is football
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2008, 11:57:59 AM »
7 penalties out of 24/25 goals. People still debating if he have 24 or 25.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2008, 12:01:34 PM »
7 penalties out of 24/25 goals. People still debating if he have 24 or 25.
this must not be up to date then
http://www.swanseacity.premiumtv.co.uk/page/ProfilesDetail/0,,10354~24233,00.html

this shows 25
http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=34755
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 12:04:08 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2008, 10:02:36 PM »
2 find a next club
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2008, 06:57:21 AM »

here...here.... :beermug:
here..here...here  :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2008, 12:29:28 PM »
Scotland agent should keep his mouth shut. If a certain element doh like Jason, begging for their love just going to lead to ridicule. They will come up with some songs alright...and I doubt they will be flattering.

Jason doing his job and he doing it exceptionally well. He eh hadda study a thing (easy for me to say). All ballers love to feel appreciation from the fans but the losers will miss him when he gone.

1]; } ?>