April 18, 2024, 03:57:17 PM

Author Topic: Edwards back in T&T squad as Warriors eye Jamaica.  (Read 9429 times)

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
Re: Edwards back in T&T squad as Warriors eye Jamaica.
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2008, 08:10:43 AM »
Football a contact sporttttttttttttt really thanks 4 d education.
Your Warriors certainly played hard contact sport against the Salvadorans, didn't they.

That's what your regular sports reporter wrote. Didn't he. ;D
Hey ahh I was wondering when the Jamaican club team (I forgot their name FSC didnt mention them much nice uniform though) played DC united and lost 4 I mean 5-0 you think this may have been because they were too subtle or maybe to aggressive or maybe, thinking and aggression is not something that yardie teams can do at the same time .....hence the setback?  ;D ;D

Offline trinsolutions

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2008, 08:48:43 AM »
allyuh think like long time. if you check out fifa.com and learn about the rank rules and how important a friendies are. check this link http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/fifafacts/rawrank/ip-590_05e_wrq&a_8777.pdf

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2008, 08:58:02 AM »
Solutions,
thanks for those two links
it makes things clearer now.

• Was the match won, or did it end in a draw? (M)
• How important was the match (friendly match to FIFA World Cup™)? (I)
• How strong was the opponent in terms of its ranking position and the confederation to which it belongs?
(T and C)
These factors are brought together in the following formula to ascertain the total number of points (P).
P = M x I x T x C x 100
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2008, 09:22:23 AM »
It remains to be seen how long Carlos plays tomorrow, as he had an hour against Chelsea and thats all he has played in 4 months.  Surely even T&T cant expect a full match out of him, I am praying he doesn't get injured aswell.

I find it really strange how many people on here have gone on how important this friendly is, yet seem convinved that it is a necessity to have Carlos there, when in reality he is not yet in a position to show his true potential due to the injury.  If the friendly is that important surely a fitter alternative would of been found.

As for the injury thing Sunderland aren't that type of club.

Interestly the club held an open training session at the stadium today, first team squad for tommorrow, however  no Kenwyn for whatever reason, strangely.

Offline trinsolutions

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2008, 09:22:39 AM »
why u think USA and Mexico plays alot of friendlies?

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2008, 09:31:16 AM »
allyuh think like long time. if you check out fifa.com and learn about the rank rules and how important a friendies are. check this link http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/fifafacts/rawrank/ip-590_05e_wrq&a_8777.pdf

Hoss, everything is relative. If you play 7 competitive games for the year against decent opposition and win all of them, you don't need to play one friendly to do anything for your ranking. Trust me on that.

Is years now me and FF bussing we liver string and nobody here does take we on - just check when the next set of rankings come out and you go hear the same ole refrain again...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2008, 09:33:08 AM »
why u think USA and Mexico plays alot of friendlies?

This is a fallacy. USA and Mexico play a lot of frendlies because they ranking high, not the inverse. You also forget that they also get to play Copa America every 2/3 years on top of Gold Cup and World Cup qualifiers.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2008, 09:40:29 AM »
It will be a VERY hard game and I would have liked to have seen both Clayton Ince and Chris Birchall in the team. The two players likely to replace them, Marvin phillips and Khaleem Hyland could have both been 2nd 1/2 subs, so as to slowly break them into the positions. I will be watching BOTH of these two players' performances specifically , as I predict one or both will have a major impact on the game's final result.

Offline trinsolutions

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2008, 09:45:13 AM »
that's true! i think tnt has the resources to play at that level with USA and mexico. allyuh need to stop look at football in tnt as 1 side but as a cube with many sides. football in most countries is a natural resource to help build de economy. that means in UK, can look at tnt for resources.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2008, 10:13:19 AM »

Hoss, everything is relative. If you play 7 competitive games for the year against decent opposition and win all of them, you don't need to play one friendly to do anything for your ranking. Trust me on that.

Is years now me and FF bussing we liver string and nobody here does take we on - just check when the next set of rankings come out and you go hear the same ole refrain again...

:)

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2008, 10:17:32 AM »
Your Warriors certainly played hard contact sport against the Salvadorans, didn't they.

Hey ahh I was wondering when the Jamaican club team (I forgot their name FSC didnt mention them much nice uniform though) played DC united and lost 4 I mean 5-0 you think this may have been because they were too subtle or maybe to aggressive or maybe, thinking and aggression is not something that yardie teams can do at the same time .....hence the setback?  ;D ;D
I didn't get to see the match. My boss and I were outside setting up a new satellite dish and we completed the job minutes to 2 am.

And reports won't be as detailed.  I did see the Harbour View matches from T&T though. What did you think of those matches?  ;D
jjbrown

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2008, 10:26:41 AM »
Ah reading the Sunderland message board right now. It have a man on there who usually have reliable early info on the team. He saying KJ not playing tomorrow. Is either due to an illness or an "illness." He definitely wasn't at training today.

This might end ugly.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2008, 10:46:23 AM »
It looks as if Jamaica is going for  results and TNT still in the experimental stage. ....

ABTrini...like T&T and the rest of CONCACAF, Jamaica is still in an experimental stage so to speak...and will be right up until June. In Jamiaca's case, the local based players just returned from a three weeks training camp in Brazil, I am sure a couple of them will be in the strating lineup vs T&T, and others will be on the bench.  Players such as Deon burton have been called back in for a second look, the likes of fuller etc have not been recalled for this game. The point I'm making here is that the notion of using an "A" vs "B" team is getting more blured as we get closer to June. There is a pool of about 30 players, any of these can be in the "A"/"B" team at any given point between now and South Africa 2010.

and yes, Jamaica will be going for a results...and everything else that comes with it. I would be surprsied if its not the same for T&T.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 10:52:28 AM by Reggaefan »

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2008, 10:46:54 AM »

I didn't get to see the match. My boss and I were outside setting up a new satellite dish and we completed the job minutes to 2 am.

And reports won't be as detailed.  I did see the Harbour View matches from T&T though. What did you think of those matches?  ;D

I think Jamaica needs to concentrate on the bigger picture rather than bragging rights , results rather than impressions, psychological preparations for bigger teams in the world region rather than bragging about a 1 off win but above all a need to set up satellite dishes earlier to conveniently avoid a means of explaining how your team got "narowly edged out" by DC united  ;D ....beer? :beermug:

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2008, 10:51:28 AM »
It will be a VERY hard game and I would have liked to have seen both Clayton Ince and Chris Birchall in the team. The two players likely to replace them, Marvin phillips and Khaleem Hyland could have both been 2nd 1/2 subs, so as to slowly break them into the positions. I will be watching BOTH of these two players' performances specifically , as I predict one or both will have a major impact on the game's final result.

Glenroy Samuel would start in goal  :applause: :applause:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2008, 10:58:11 AM »
I think Jamaica needs to concentrate on the bigger picture rather than bragging rights , results rather than impressions, psychological preparations for bigger teams in the world region rather than bragging about a 1 off win but above all a need to set up satellite dishes earlier to conveniently avoid a means of explaining how your team got "narowly edged out" by DC united  ;D ....beer? :beermug:

Not sure why you think Simoes is going into the T&T game with "bragging rights" as his first priority.  Check the composition of the squads that Jamaica used in the previous 3 games, and then tell me how is this squad that is called for the Trinidad game different from the squads called for those games?  We can afford to roate players and still put out a strong team...not sure why its not the same case for you.

Simoes is still looking at players, hence the recall of Deon Burton and the none-inclusion of Ricardo Fuller(who has played in all 3 previous games). Other players have also been omitted, and two players being brought in from Scandanavian leagues to replace them.  The local based guys just returned from a 3 weeks tour of Brazil, expect a couple of them to force their way onto the bench at least.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 11:03:16 AM by Reggaefan »

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2008, 11:15:31 AM »
They should leave Carlos the hell alone.

Blood the youngsters more for this game. We does constantly feed them baby food and then we call our players soft. Look how Gay went from SSFL to full international, how much more we have waiting in the wings? Who cares about bragging rights. A full strength Trini team will probably beat full strength Jamaica, but depth in the backline was a big problem for us last qualification. Constant hi-level exposure will substantially help solve that problem.

If we continue to have as many players exposed to the international game, we could win Digicel Cup with a "D" team at this rate. Let Gay and some U-20s play against big men. Then when we qualify for U-20 world cup, nobody go bully them around like last time.

Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2008, 11:36:04 AM »
Check the composition of the squads that Jamaica used in the previous 3 games

Lets see them please?

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2008, 12:21:54 PM »
Where's Birchall? Stern? Scotland? Sancho?   

We still havent moved past this ttff blacklist nonsense? i thought the arbitration would allow all parties to start acting like adults again. steups
Hart for president

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2008, 12:36:54 PM »
Is Carlos and Jones good enough to lead this youthful team? Carlos is still not at peak form and Jones is looking to regain his scoring poweress.

Jamaica:  more overseas veterans; experience.

TNT: a mix of youthful  inexperience and some veterans. Will this be enough?

It looks as if Jamaica is going for  results and TNT still in the experimental stage. No Ince? ( Stern and Scotty on another blacklist?); What  did Birchall ( who will forget his decisive goal?) do to  deserve this alienation and constant omission?

Are we strong enough in the midfield? will our youthful defense withstand the barrage?

boy them same question u have i beating down my head to figure out to yes.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2008, 12:40:18 PM »

We still havent moved past this ttff blacklist nonsense? i thought the arbitration would allow all parties to start acting like adults again. steups

the coach say he trying new players u have to give others players a chance, Sancho aint playing ball, Birchall he not playing regular i aint sure what going on with him and ttff, plus he see stern against Guadeloupe aready. i go wait later on before i say something going on behind d scene.
Youtube Channel

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2008, 01:09:26 PM »

the coach say he trying new players u have to give others players a chance, Sancho aint playing ball, Birchall he not playing regular i aint sure what going on with him and ttff, plus he see stern against Guadeloupe aready. i go wait later on before i say something going on behind d scene.

true....but he hasnt seen Kenwyne already?
Hart for president

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2008, 01:12:58 PM »

So what were the Trinis clubs doing in the Champions Cup ???
jjbrown

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2008, 06:48:06 PM »

true....but he hasnt seen Kenwyne already?

yeh but remember after the d game he say he like how Kenwyne play, he didnt mention John lol.
Youtube Channel

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2008, 09:53:37 PM »
Where's Birchall? Stern? Scotland? Sancho? Spann? Theobold? We need a stronger experience midfield if we're going to make a push for the WC. I have not seen any of the younger players named, hopefully we can bleed new talent during these games "hopefully". Lord send us another Latas. :)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 10:00:18 PM by Wehitis »
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2008, 10:01:46 PM »
Where's Birchall? Stern? Scotland? Sancho? Spann? Theobold? We need a stronger experience midfield if we're going to make a push for the WC. I have not seen any of the younger players and hopefully bleed new talent during these games "hopefully".

as i say above d man giving everybody a chance. he see spann theoblold scotland and stern aready, sancho aint playing no ball. Birchall i aint no about he and what going on
Youtube Channel

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2008, 11:38:15 PM »

Edwards should have been left out of the squad.  Anyway he is a professional and he knows how to play under these circumstances.

1]; } ?>