April 23, 2024, 05:03:23 PM

Author Topic: Kenwyne and Carlos set to miss out.  (Read 10977 times)

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
Kenwyne and Carlos set to miss out.
« on: March 22, 2008, 01:29:18 PM »
Kenwyne and Carlos set to miss out.
By: Sunderland AFC.

Kenwyne Jones and Carlos Edwards are set to miss Wednesday's international game in the Caribbean. Jones missed Sunderland's 1-0 win at Aston Villa after picking up a virus earlier in the week and Edwards has a groin strain.

The winger started at Villa Park despite suffering the injury in training on Wearside yesterday but he was substituted in the 67th minute. Both players were named in the Trinidad and Tobago squad for their friendly against Jamaica in Kingston on Wednesday.

Roy Keane, Sunderland's manager, confirmed: "Kenwyne didn't train yesterday, he has a virus and could not travel.

"I spoke to the doctor and he told me that Kenwyne was not right. The temptation is always to take a risk but it would not have been fair. I doubt whether it's a 24 hour thing, it will be longer than that.

"Carlos has a groin injury which he picked up in training yesterday, he won't be fit to travel."

Danny Collins picked up a dead-leg in the win at Villa Park and Keane is hoping he is fit for Sunderland's game against West Ham at the Stadium of Light next week.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 01:29:54 PM by Flex »

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
Re: Kenwyne and Carlos Set to Miss Out.
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 01:32:29 PM »
naughty naughty RK

Actually that pisses me off having thought about it, if Carlos had a groin strain he shouldn't of played him, and I can smell trouble if he plays him next week.  T & T are quite within their rights to ask him to travel for asessment, and I wouldn't blame them.  Even though given the circumstances I do think he should of never been called up for this game in the first place.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 01:38:09 PM by kev »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 01:38:24 PM »
What d TTFF go do blacklist been there done that
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 01:39:35 PM »
Ban them for 2 or 3 games like they did Ince. Keane is, therefore, shooting himself in the foot.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2008, 01:42:28 PM »
Ban them for 2 or 3 games like they did Ince. Keane is, therefore, shooting himself in the foot.

Can't do that.

KJ didn't wasn't even in the squad so nothing can be done.

As above for Carlos they either accept Sunderlands explanation or require hime to travel for asessment, if they do that and the club refuses then he can be sanctioned.

Thats my understanding of the rules but I may be proved wrong again on here as I was the last time :-[
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 01:50:23 PM by kev »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2008, 01:44:11 PM »
He who alleges must prove KJ eh train 4 d week and we know that Carlos is Mr. Injury prone so why is it that dey must fly across d Atlantic 2 d land of Achee and saltfish for what bragging rites.

Prove dat it deliberate or else dey both staring next week 4 Sunderland
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dervaig

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2008, 01:52:00 PM »
He who alleges must prove KJ eh train 4 d week and we know that Carlos is Mr. Injury prone so why is it that dey must fly across d Atlantic 2 d land of Achee and saltfish for what bragging rites.

Here is what I am baffled over.

These two guys earn their living playing for a club who is fighting for
their Prem life. Why would they risk taking a trip to Jamaica, to play
in the Savannah (they call it 'd oRfice'), and get good kick up?
The game against JA is MEANINGLESS!
It's a notch above a fete match, with the victor getting bragging rights.
So what!

I fully understand the debate between club and country, but this
is a fight to stay up versus getting kick-up in the Savannah.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2008, 02:07:07 PM »

Here is what I am baffled over.

These two guys earn their living playing for a club who is fighting for
their Prem life. Why would they risk taking a trip to Jamaica, to play
in the Savannah (they call it 'd oRfice'), and get good kick up?
The game against JA is MEANINGLESS!
It's a notch above a fete match, with the victor getting bragging rights.
So what!

I fully understand the debate between club and country, but this
is a fight to stay up versus getting kick-up in the Savannah.

We  might as well call of the game if K Jones and C Edwards wont be showing up in Kingston.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2008, 02:20:50 PM »
but this
is a fight to stay up versus getting kick-up in the Savannah cow pasture.
:rotfl:
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 05:34:50 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2008, 02:29:07 PM »
And the plot thickens...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline dervaig

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2008, 03:05:48 PM »
We  might as well call of the game if K Jones and C Edwards wont be showing up in Kingston.

I wouldn't go so far as to call it off.
The experience these young guys will get playing in 'd Savannah', versus
playing in the Crawford or the Ramjohn will be good.
A good kick-up before WC qualifying will harden some of 'dese nashi' lads
we have.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2008, 03:08:31 PM »
Call Stern and ....

Offline biga84

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2008, 03:19:23 PM »
If RK didnt kick up a stink in the begining no one would be questioning these circumstances...No need for them fellas to risk worst injury etc for a trip to JA...Waiti until the return leg

truetrini

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2008, 03:25:00 PM »
De office is described by jamaicans as a cow pasture...doh f**k up we savannah..a-a...saying we savannah jes like de office is an affront to a national instituton like de savannah.

ketch yuhself, ketch allyuh self.

NOW!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2008, 03:46:13 PM »
THIS IS VERRRRY BAD  >:(
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2008, 04:36:13 PM »
Me eh know how I feel about this yet.

I didn't think they should be coming. But the way they going about it leave a bitter taste in mih mouth.

If they didn't want to come, why they didn't just ask to be excused? Like Stern ask. Or like Darryl Roberts ask against Guadeloupe.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2008, 04:39:56 PM »
BULLSHIT  >:( SUNDERLAND
Youtube Channel

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2008, 05:19:08 PM »
RK def. using some tactics, but this game to some degree was rendered meaningless from the get go when only a fraction of the eligible foreign base was called (Stern apart), TTFF continues to be the major impediment to the dev. of our football, nothing new.  Continue to build the local team w/this game vs tougher opposition.  Since JA have recalled most of their eligible foreign base they would no doubt see it as a slap in the face
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2008, 05:26:21 PM »
from the min..the coach from sunderland start compaining about K. Jones and Carlos...ah know this will be a back and fort thing...cause he wouldn't bitch about it.... if it was a english boy or player from wale or ireland or any other european country .....and yuh would think he give ah shit about Trinidad and Tobago road to 2010...no he doesn't....and  i know you guy's will disagree with me in what i have to say...cause it seen that Trinidad and Tobago is the only country having this problem with club and country went other country having their players without any problem...all on sutton one have the flu and the other a groin injury and i will alway blame TTFF for this...if only they get their shit together

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2008, 05:44:36 PM »
So guys is it too late to call in replacement foreign based players for dem like birchall or scotland, how long must must a club be notified that a country wants the players for a friendly
Youtube Channel

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2008, 05:49:31 PM »

Something like this was more or less expected and people cannot really fault R. Keane.  There are only 7 more games to go.   It was fine for Kenwynne to be given a rest this week, and it also serves another purpose.

Offline madness1969

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2008, 06:40:48 PM »
i think the team will be fine. KJ and Carloes is true. just call back Stern and Jaason.that alll

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2008, 07:10:55 PM »
i eh care what nobody say, whether or not Carlos and Kenwyne should have come back for the Jamaica game, this here is bullshit..

If i was in charge of the TTFF, I was bringing both dey sick and injured asses back to Trinidad even if is to lounge on de bench and watch proceedings solely based on principle... Because that was a poor way to handle this situation. They couldve asked to be excused or worked out some arrangement or the other, or engage in some kinda dialogue..

You cyah tell me Carlos have ah "groin injury" but starting against Aston Villa but not fit for Wednesday, then starting next saturday..

You cyah tell me Kenwyne have ah flu that you as a coach with no medical credentials diagnose will make him unfit for travel..

Come nuh Keane.. Come better than that!!!

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2008, 07:30:05 PM »
i eh care what nobody say, whether or not Carlos and Kenwyne should have come back for the Jamaica game, this here is bullshit..

If i was in charge of the TTFF, I was bringing both dey sick and injured asses back to Trinidad even if is to lounge on de bench and watch proceedings solely based on principle... Because that was a poor way to handle this situation. They couldve asked to be excused or worked out some arrangement or the other, or engage in some kinda dialogue..

You cyah tell me Carlos have ah "groin injury" but starting against Aston Villa but not fit for Wednesday, then starting next saturday..

You cyah tell me Kenwyne have ah flu that you as a coach with no medical credentials diagnose will make him unfit for travel..

I think if the players was slaves then they coulda handle dem like dat

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2008, 07:56:21 PM »
Wouldnt this be a good opportunity to bring Cornel Glen back into the mix? I mean what is the keep back here? No offense but nobody telling me the youth man gay is a more dangerous option than Cornell so he should definitely be brought in unless he is on tour wth Jabloteh as well...is he?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2008, 08:15:10 PM »
Club v Country debate is always country 4 me but not dis time. JW and dem blacklist man 4 over a yr, this could have affected KJ gettin he work permit. If Carlos was a woman dey would say he is a victim of Domestic Violence d amount of time he does b injured.

I doubt KJ was fit and eh play 2day so Keene must pay 4 he sick men 2 go to JA. We know is coach that they was goin and is Keeane woulda have 2 pay he pounds to upgrade dem 2 first class.

4get dat fete match in JA

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2008, 08:45:30 PM »
Roy Keane and the players. smarts that good what they do the ttff  :rotfl:  Betcha Keane was keeping them out for next week tougher games.  He knew schemical wise he could win today, then make up a false report so the players don't have to travel lol.  Wouldnt be suprise if Yorke was behind this too :rotfl:

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2008, 08:58:32 PM »

true that

I think if the players was slaves then they coulda handle dem like dat

what wrong with that  :devil:

Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2008, 09:00:20 PM »
this smelling foul off a plot to stop them from playing Wed, i bet u jacko aint going to let this slide knowing him
Youtube Channel

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2008, 09:01:15 PM »
The men change they minds ,when they finally stop thinking about home ,and realize they on the edge of a giant precipice  :o ,they do ah wile cayote ,and run back on the cliff . And Roy was more than happy to lie for them ,if they wanted to come they would have .But dry so rite ...they do it Dry so .
This is revenge for Gayle not picking jaggernauth ,for a jamaican  :P
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 09:13:00 PM by Quagmire »

1]; } ?>