March 28, 2024, 05:53:16 PM

Author Topic: Kenwyne and Carlos set to miss out.  (Read 10912 times)

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
Re: Kenwyne and Carlos Set to Miss Out.
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2008, 09:11:20 PM »
What d TTFF go do blacklist been there done that
Ban them for 2 or 3 games like they did Ince. Keane is, therefore, shooting himself in the foot.

Why! They have done nothing wrong! Have we gotten so shitty that we cannot field a decent team for Jamacia without KJ and Carlos???!!!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2008, 09:19:00 PM »
Play d local base dem is d future I hear Corneal say so
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2008, 09:19:15 PM »
These guys are  starters for us. They will be missed but to qualify for a WC you need lots of depth. This is a good chance to see how some of the new players will perform in a hostile environment . Playing in the oesophagus will not be easy. But the warriors will do us proud.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2008, 09:20:52 PM »
If in KJ and Carlos conversations with the team staff they say they what they want to do then end of story...neither the public nor Keane may know what they discussed and decided.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2008, 10:33:22 PM »
naughty naughty RK

Actually that pisses me off having thought about it, if Carlos had a groin strain he shouldn't of played him, and I can smell trouble if he plays him next week.  T & T are quite within their rights to ask him to travel for asessment, and I wouldn't blame them.  Even though given the circumstances I do think he should of never been called up for this game in the first place.

It make me wonder if he really have a groin stain or if Keane trying to pull one.  How could he have a groin strain and play for 67 minutes in the game on Saturday?  Hmmm!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2008, 06:48:58 AM »
naughty naughty RK

Actually that pisses me off having thought about it, if Carlos had a groin strain he shouldn't of played him, and I can smell trouble if he plays him next week.  T & T are quite within their rights to ask him to travel for asessment, and I wouldn't blame them.  Even though given the circumstances I do think he should of never been called up for this game in the first place.

It make me wonder if he really have a groin stain or if Keane trying to pull one.  How could he have a groin strain and play for 67 minutes in the game on Saturday?  Hmmm!

Anyone see the match?  How did Edwards play before he came off.  If he was pulling stones no point bringing him down at this point

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2008, 07:00:57 AM »
naughty naughty RK

Anyone see the match?  How did Edwards play before he came off.  If he was pulling stones no point bringing him down at this point

Still not 100% match fit and lack of matches / sharpness fairly obvious, by the time he gets it back still wouldn't of proved if he can cut it in the prem ( I think he can).

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2008, 07:22:52 AM »
Club v Country debate is always country 4 me but not dis time. JW and dem blacklist man 4 over a yr, this could have affected KJ gettin he work permit. If Carlos was a woman dey would say he is a victim of Domestic Violence d amount of time he does b injured.

I doubt KJ was fit and eh play 2day so Keene must pay 4 he sick men 2 go to JA. We know is coach that they was goin and is Keeane woulda have 2 pay he pounds to upgrade dem 2 first class.

4get dat fete match in JA

I've been hearing the term "fete match" being thrown about. Can someone tell me what a fete match is? Is it the same as a "friendly"?  Th4 squad that narrowly beat Guadeloupe recently, was that the strongest T&T team assembled in recent years, and was that match considered a "fete" match too?

Just trying to get an understanding of what qualifies as a "fete match"

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2008, 07:52:14 AM »
Playing against a joke of a football team like Jamaica is a fete match...and is treated as such.
Playing against a country that has a proper football team is a friendly.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2008, 08:55:13 AM »

Fete match as the term suggests, is a match that is played as an excuse for a fete (party) and/or to make money. Not only is the result completely anectodic, but generally speaking so are the players on the field (you could have retired out of shape men, little kids etc. Whatever "stars" are present are there mainly for their ability to dribble as opposed to actually being able to score etc etc.

One could argue that we took Guadeloupe seriously because they actually happen to be a Gold Cup side. I personally think that the composition of our squad is just a lack of foresight from the TTFF, and yes, as a Jamaican I would consider it a bit disrespectful to not send our strongest squad when you are clearly making an effort to do same.
That said it may be fairly indicative of where both administrations stand in relation to the teams' fans. The JFF obviously feels that they have to prove a point. The TTFF (despite the crap thats been going on since the World Cup) doesn't consider that they owe us anything, seeing that we've actually gone on to qualify for the final phases of the last twp premier competitions we've participated in (World Cup/Gold Cup).

Its the typical scenario... 'little' country is proud to get friendly with 'big' country. 'Big' country sends its reserves. 'Little' country loses, no one complains, 'little' country draws/wins, 'little' country's fans are happy. Ironically, right about now, like it or not, Jamaica is the "little" country in this arrangement.

I don't like it anymore than you do, but this is unfortunately, how the TTFF seems to be looking at it. And your federation is lapping it up hook line and sinker.

You shouldn't be surprised. You're the guy who still brags about beating a PFL 11 with 4 non trinis in the lineup 6-1 10 years ago... ::)
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2008, 09:19:18 AM »
Bring back Birchall
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2008, 09:30:22 AM »
Playing in the oesophagus will not be easy.
:rotfl:
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2008, 09:35:15 AM »
Bring back Birchall

Birchall's days are done, as stupid as it sounds. Everyone is getting a chance to be seen, please. They trying to bring an unfit Carlos but leaving out a Birchall who openly said he's intersted in coming back for the J'can game.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2008, 09:38:49 AM »
Bring back Birchall

Birchall's days are done, as stupid as it sounds. Everyone is getting a chance to be seen, please. They trying to bring an unfit Carlos but leaving out a Birchall who openly said he's intersted in coming back for the J'can game.

so true would u know i was thinking d same thing yesterday, really really sad
Youtube Channel

Offline dervaig

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2008, 09:46:58 AM »
I've been hearing the term "fete match" being thrown about. Can someone tell me what a fete match is? Is it the same as a "friendly"?  Th4 squad that narrowly beat Guadeloupe recently, was that the strongest T&T team assembled in recent years, and was that match considered a "fete" match too?

Fan, with all due respect to Midknight, let me give you the meaning of
'Fete Match'.

Now this is the official version 'cause it comes from 'Cote ce Cote la', d
ONE AND ONLY TRINI DICTIONARY.

A fete match is .............. A friendly game of football, cricket, hockey etc. where the accent is on having a good time with lots of accompanying food, drink and "fatigue", the outcome of the match is purely for boasting rights

Funnily enough, the 2008 version of  'Cote ce Cote la' was recently released,
and the example the book gave as a Fete Match is the upcoming game in
D Savannah between JA and D Warriors.

Hope this helps!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2008, 10:01:46 AM »

'Fete Match'.

A fete match is .............. A friendly game of football, cricket, hockey etc. where the accent is on having a good time with lots of accompanying food, drink and "fatigue", the outcome of the match is purely for boasting rights

Hope this helps!

:rotfl:
Youtube Channel

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2008, 10:06:28 AM »
Roberts get taken off at half time in his game today. Another "injured" foreign-based?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2008, 10:16:01 AM »
Roberts get taken off at half time in his game today. Another "injured" foreign-based?

boy doh depress me now nah  :( :(
Youtube Channel

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2008, 01:14:34 PM »
He who alleges must prove KJ eh train 4 d week and we know that Carlos is Mr. Injury prone so why is it that dey must fly across d Atlantic 2 d land of Achee and saltfish for what bragging rites.

Prove dat it deliberate or else dey both staring next week 4 Sunderland

Here is what I am baffled over.

These two guys earn their living playing for a club who is fighting for
their Prem life. Why would they risk taking a trip to Jamaica, to play
in the Savannah (they call it 'd oRfice'), and get good kick up?
The game against JA is MEANINGLESS!
It's a notch above a fete match, with the victor getting bragging rights.

So what!

I fully understand the debate between club and country, but this
is a fight to stay up versus getting kick-up in the Savannah.
  I dont get it! How is a preparation game for our WC campaign meaningless?...Do you think we should start to acknowledge games with a high level of importance now or when WC qualification begin?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 01:27:37 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2008, 01:32:54 PM »

Fete match as the term suggests, is a match that is played as an excuse for a fete (party) and/or to make money. Not only is the result completely anectodic, but generally speaking so are the players on the field (you could have retired out of shape men, little kids etc. Whatever "stars" are present are there mainly for their ability to dribble as opposed to actually being able to score etc etc.

One could argue that we took Guadeloupe seriously because they actually happen to be a Gold Cup side. I personally think that the composition of our squad is just a lack of foresight from the TTFF, and yes, as a Jamaican I would consider it a bit disrespectful to not send our strongest squad when you are clearly making an effort to do same.
That said it may be fairly indicative of where both administrations stand in relation to the teams' fans. The JFF obviously feels that they have to prove a point. The TTFF (despite the crap thats been going on since the World Cup) doesn't consider that they owe us anything, seeing that we've actually gone on to qualify for the final phases of the last twp premier competitions we've participated in (World Cup/Gold Cup).

Its the typical scenario... 'little' country is proud to get friendly with 'big' country. 'Big' country sends its reserves. 'Little' country loses, no one complains, 'little' country draws/wins, 'little' country's fans are happy. Ironically, right about now, like it or not, Jamaica is the "little" country in this arrangement.

I don't like it anymore than you do, but this is unfortunately, how the TTFF seems to be looking at it. And your federation is lapping it up hook line and sinker.

You shouldn't be surprised. You're the guy who still brags about beating a PFL 11 with 4 non trinis in the lineup 6-1 10 years ago... ::)

Thanks for clearing that up Midknight. It appears what you are saying tro me is simply this: the TTFF and Coaching staff are not serious about the business of football and getting your team adequately prepared for South Africa 2010.

From Jamaica's perspective, I can categorically say here now that we are NOT taking this T&T game more or less seriously than any of the 4 games we played in recent times. Apart from the fact that this is the Caribbeans biggest rivalry, the coaching staff is still using this game to look at players, just liek I assume your coaching staff is doing. Aint no bragging rights involved in it like people are suggesting. Thats the furthest thing from Simoes mind.

And regarding Jamaica being the "little country" in this arrangement. Ehe eh. I find that funny.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 01:38:43 PM by Reggaefan »

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2008, 01:40:20 PM »
Playing against a joke of a football team like Jamaica is a fete match...and is treated as such.
Playing against a country that has a proper football team is a friendly.

OK. have you guys ever played a friendly match vs Jamaica or have they all been "fete matches". Interesting.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2008, 01:43:29 PM »

'Fete Match'.

Hope this helps!

Sounds like some early excuses for the whoop areseing that you see coming your way.  :)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kenwyne and Carlos set to miss out.
« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2008, 03:19:15 PM »
Is a fete match whether all yuh beat we or not d state ah we football is a fete match. Until d best team take d feel is fete match. As d man say all yuh fielding a full team wit all dem Brits and we top scorer eh comin.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Lionpaw

• Highest Grade.
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Smoke Weeeeed, under the Jamaican Sky Light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2008, 03:29:58 PM »
Is a fete match whether all yuh beat we or not d state ah we football is a fete match. Until d best team take d feel is fete match. As d man say all yuh fielding a full team wit all dem Brits and we top scorer eh comin.

Dumb shyt, this is not our top team either. Ricardo Gardner(captain), Ian Goodison and Ricardo Fuller(top  5 scorer in the Championship) are out. Why are you Trinis making excuses before the game even start? Jesus. At least have a little hope and tell us you're going to win or summ'n.
Smoke and Fly

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2008, 03:36:32 PM »
Bring back Birchall

I second  that. he is our best defensive midfield player.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2008, 06:35:04 PM »

Thanks for clearing that up Midknight. It appears what you are saying tro me is simply this: the TTFF and Coaching staff are not serious about the business of football and getting your team adequately prepared for South Africa 2010.
No shit, Captain Obvious...

From Jamaica's perspective, I can categorically say here now that we are NOT taking this T&T game more or less seriously than any of the 4 games we played in recent times. Apart from the fact that this is the Caribbeans biggest rivalry, the coaching staff is still using this game to look at players, just liek I assume your coaching staff is doing. Aint no bragging rights involved in it like people are suggesting. Thats the furthest thing from Simoes mind.

And regarding Jamaica being the "little country" in this arrangement. Ehe eh. I find that funny.
Weren't you the one suggesting that we cancel the friendly based on the fact that TWO of our players couldn't make it? You don't see us bitching because poor old Gardener bruised his ribs/is needed by Bolton to fight off relegation/fill in excuse as needed.

The fact of the matter is that we (or at least the TTFF) don't care. Sounds like one team is definitely attatching a lot more importance to the friendly than another. Here's a hint: they won't be the ones playing in red
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 06:37:11 PM by Midknight »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2008, 06:38:18 PM »

Dumb shyt, this is not our top team either. Ricardo Gardner(captain), Ian Goodison and Ricardo Fuller(top  5 scorer in the Championship) are out. Why are you Trinis making excuses before the game even start? Jesus. At least have a little hope and tell us you're going to win or summ'n.

i didnt know dem men is what u call good  :D
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 06:42:19 PM by Die.Hard.Warrior »
Youtube Channel

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2008, 06:43:42 PM »
Aye. When you jump on a train that already pulling away, it not logical to sue people because yuh tail get break up from falling off...

Since yuh wasn't paying attention, is yuh troll mate Reggaefan that mention that the squad was weak. All people doing here is agreeing with him. If you have any beef with that, you could go right down Kingston and beat him for it without coming on here to aggravate people.

And wait nah is 35-36 year old Ian Goodison who playing third division football yuh mentioning in yuh "top players" list? You ent shame?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 06:52:29 PM by Midknight »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2008, 08:42:30 PM »
We eh makin excuse we know that we team in a mess and we Trinis honest enough 2 admit dat unlike all yuh boyz who all yuh feel is d best team since Pele 1970 team

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2008, 11:02:42 PM »
Despite what some people here saying this game IS very important and it means PLENTY who wins.  I want a win in da office and I don't care who we send I want them to beat JA.
Our team is not weak just young but that can be said for a lot of teams rebuilding at this point so it is not an excuse at all.

U take all games against potential WCQ opponents VERY seriously because in the final stages every bit counts especially the psychological edge.  Win or lose eh matter but u go in dere and play to win and make sure they know and FEEL that u going for blood.

1]; } ?>