March 29, 2024, 05:21:26 AM

Author Topic: Kenwyne and Carlos set to miss out.  (Read 10915 times)

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kenwyne and Carlos set to miss out.
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2008, 11:19:44 PM »
Tell them .

This ein t no stinking fete match ,THIS IS WAR !!! the only fete will be BLOOD ,SWEAT and FETE .
Massacre them young warriors .Cyar let jamaica win ya know .Is Monday time to bring out the war paint .
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 11:22:50 PM by Quagmire »

Offline Benjie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 24, 2008, 12:08:35 AM »
Well if they out we just have to let the coach look at other players maybe more from the Under 17 or the Under 15this time?

Offline dervaig

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kenwyne and Carlos Set to Miss Out.
« Reply #62 on: March 24, 2008, 05:29:53 AM »
Sounds like some early excuses for the whoop areseing that you see coming your way.  :)

Fan, how you wound up so tight?
When carnival hits JA, make sure you take ah jump
up, an get 'een sum $ wine'.

Of course T&T needs warm-up games, Lord knows we
need all 'd sweat' we can get.
If JA wins, good for you!
If T&T wins, good fuh we!
If we draw, good fuh boat ah we!
At the end of the day, both countries have (or should have)
one goal, South Africa 2010.

Excuses?
Nah man!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 24, 2008, 08:14:37 AM »
Tell them .

This ein t no stinking fete match ,THIS IS WAR !!! the only fete will be BLOOD ,SWEAT and FETE .
Massacre them young warriors .Cyar let jamaica win ya know .Is Monday time to bring out the war paint .

Boy....I with you....

IS.... :whip: :whip: :flamethrower: :flamethrower: :flamethrower:

for JA.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 24, 2008, 09:11:33 AM »
Just trying to get an understanding of what qualifies as a "fete match"

Fete match as the term suggests, is a match that is played as an excuse for a fete (party) and/or to make money. Not only is the result completely anectodic, but generally speaking so are the players on the field (you could have retired out of shape men, little kids etc. Whatever "stars" are present are there mainly for their ability to dribble as opposed to actually being able to score etc etc.

One could argue that we took Guadeloupe seriously because they actually happen to be a Gold Cup side. I personally think that the composition of our squad is just a lack of foresight from the TTFF, and yes, as a Jamaican I would consider it a bit disrespectful to not send our strongest squad when you are clearly making an effort to do same.
That said it may be fairly indicative of where both administrations stand in relation to the teams' fans. The JFF obviously feels that they have to prove a point. The TTFF (despite the crap thats been going on since the World Cup) doesn't consider that they owe us anything, seeing that we've actually gone on to qualify for the final phases of the last twp premier competitions we've participated in (World Cup/Gold Cup).

Its the typical scenario... 'little' country is proud to get friendly with 'big' country. 'Big' country sends its reserves. 'Little' country loses, no one complains, 'little' country draws/wins, 'little' country's fans are happy. Ironically, right about now, like it or not, Jamaica is the "little" country in this arrangement.

I don't like it anymore than you do, but this is unfortunately, how the TTFF seems to be looking at it. And your federation is lapping it up hook line and sinker.

You shouldn't be surprised. You're the guy who still brags about beating a PFL 11 with 4 non trinis in the lineup 6-1 10 years ago... ::)

Thanks for clearing that up Midknight. It appears what you are saying tro me is simply this: the TTFF and Coaching staff are not serious about the business of football and getting your team adequately prepared for South Africa 2010.
No shit, Captain Obvious...

From Jamaica's perspective, I can categorically say here now that we are NOT taking this T&T game more or less seriously than any of the 4 games we played in recent times. Apart from the fact that this is the Caribbeans biggest rivalry, the coaching staff is still using this game to look at players, just liek I assume your coaching staff is doing. Aint no bragging rights involved in it like people are suggesting. Thats the furthest thing from Simoes mind.

And regarding Jamaica being the "little country" in this arrangement. Ehe eh. I find that funny.
Weren't you the one suggesting that we cancel the friendly based on the fact that TWO of our players couldn't make it? You don't see us bitching because poor old Gardener bruised his ribs/is needed by Bolton to fight off relegation/fill in excuse as needed.

The fact of the matter is that we (or at least the TTFF) don't care. Sounds like one team is definitely attatching a lot more importance to the friendly than another. Here's a hint: they won't be the ones playing in red

MidKnight. Yes, Jamaica is taking this warm-up game very seriously..not becuase we are playing T&T, but because we are preparing ourselves to qualify for South africa 2010. In fact, I am disappointed that negotiations broke down with Honduras(the team simoes wanted to bring to Jamaica, but had to settle for T&T when Honduras pulled out)

I dont understand why the TTFF would choose to take a friendly game with Guadeloupe more seriously than a friendly game with its biggest caribbean rival...perhaps like many of the posters here, they are afraid to come to the office with a full strength squad and ahve their asses handed to them on a platter like have been the trend in the past. Not being able to beat Guadeloue at home with a full strength squad is perhaps not what the TTFF was looking for. So they decide to send a "fete" match team to Kingston. I recall the last time that happened the scorline was ver lop-sided. Jones and Edwards must have gotten cold-feet at the last moment. :)

Regardless, I am sure simoes and his troops will be going into the game to play football, despite the quality of the opposition, it should be a good work out for the boyz.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 09:15:56 AM by Reggaefan »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 24, 2008, 09:18:25 AM »
Yeah real impt who win bragging rites. Not 1 tink else. Anybody hear dat Pancho contract goin and b extended. Or come July we goin and have 2 start ovah. Much more crucial issues than beatin d reggae boyz
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 24, 2008, 09:41:47 AM »

Fete match as the term suggests, is a match that is played as an excuse for a fete (party) and/or to make money. Not only is the result completely anectodic, but generally speaking so are the players on the field (you could have retired out of shape men, little kids etc. Whatever "stars" are present are there mainly for their ability to dribble as opposed to actually being able to score etc etc.

One could argue that we took Guadeloupe seriously because they actually happen to be a Gold Cup side. I personally think that the composition of our squad is just a lack of foresight from the TTFF, and yes, as a Jamaican I would consider it a bit disrespectful to not send our strongest squad when you are clearly making an effort to do same.
That said it may be fairly indicative of where both administrations stand in relation to the teams' fans. The JFF obviously feels that they have to prove a point. The TTFF (despite the crap thats been going on since the World Cup) doesn't consider that they owe us anything, seeing that we've actually gone on to qualify for the final phases of the last twp premier competitions we've participated in (World Cup/Gold Cup).

Its the typical scenario... 'little' country is proud to get friendly with 'big' country. 'Big' country sends its reserves. 'Little' country loses, no one complains, 'little' country draws/wins, 'little' country's fans are happy. Ironically, right about now, like it or not, Jamaica is the "little" country in this arrangement.

I don't like it anymore than you do, but this is unfortunately, how the TTFF seems to be looking at it. And your federation is lapping it up hook line and sinker.

You shouldn't be surprised. You're the guy who still brags about beating a PFL 11 with 4 non trinis in the lineup 6-1 10 years ago... ::)

Thanks for clearing that up Midknight. It appears what you are saying tro me is simply this: the TTFF and Coaching staff are not serious about the business of football and getting your team adequately prepared for South Africa 2010.

From Jamaica's perspective, I can categorically say here now that we are NOT taking this T&T game more or less seriously than any of the 4 games we played in recent times. Apart from the fact that this is the Caribbeans biggest rivalry, the coaching staff is still using this game to look at players, just liek I assume your coaching staff is doing. Aint no bragging rights involved in it like people are suggesting. Thats the furthest thing from Simoes mind.

And regarding Jamaica being the "little country" in this arrangement. Ehe eh. I find that funny.
Weren't you the one suggesting that we cancel the friendly based on the fact that TWO of our players couldn't make it? You don't see us bitching because poor old Gardener bruised his ribs/is needed by Bolton to fight off relegation/fill in excuse as needed.

The fact of the matter is that we (or at least the TTFF) don't care. Sounds like one team is definitely attatching a lot more importance to the friendly than another. Here's a hint: they won't be the ones playing in red
I am disappointed that negotiations broke down with Honduras(the team simoes wanted to bring to Jamaica, but had to settle for T&T when Honduras pulled out)

Yuh should not be disappointed...yuh should be happy a quality team like T&T felt sorry enough to give u game...considering how decent teams like Honduras, Nigeria etc. blank all yuh. And what's the story with the well hyped up Argentina-Ja clash? Is it still on?
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 24, 2008, 11:25:35 AM »

I am disappointed that negotiations broke down with Honduras(the team simoes wanted to bring to Jamaica, but had to settle for T&T when Honduras pulled out)

Yuh should not be disappointed...yuh should be happy a quality team like T&T felt sorry enough to give u game...considering how decent teams like Honduras, Nigeria etc. blank all yuh. And what's the story with the well hyped up Argentina-Ja clash? Is it still on?

I cant speak for the Jamaica vs Argentina clash, you have to ask the JFF president that question. Not sure why Argentina would want to play Jamaica in a friendly though....nothing in it for them really.

when did Nigeria blank Jamaica? the last game that we were supposed to play fell through because the JFF didnt want to pay their airfare to Jamaica from Mexico on top of the US$70K match fee they were being paid. I dont think Jamaica have a problem getting teams to come to Jamaica, because we are able to pay them, mainly from the strong gate reciepts. Honduras only declined our recent offer simply because they didnt feel comfortable with us having them in Kingston seeing that both nations will more than likely end up in the same group come June. In fact, teh story broke in the Honduran media long before it broke in the Jamaica media. Having played Guatemala, Canada, Panama, El Salavdor, Costa Rica etc in recent times, I suppose the next best work out for us would be to take Kenwyn Jones and company to the office. I hear the JFF is currently negotiating with Mexico for a game in the NY area.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #68 on: March 24, 2008, 11:41:25 AM »

Is how much 3+ years RF was in hiding and had to hush he mouth now he cud talk big   :rotfl:
Imagine if they actually win the game.  He go still come back and take he licks when we beat them right?

Honduras qualify for the WC?  They came close a time but some team from the Caribbean beat them at home in their last game   :thinking:

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 24, 2008, 01:01:12 PM »
Tell them .

Boy....I with you....

IS.... :whip: :whip: :flamethrower: :flamethrower: :flamethrower:

for JA.....

:wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 24, 2008, 01:09:29 PM »
So wah alyuh think? This is ah big game for we…bragging rights against Jamaica is ah big deal! Even when we playing in Brooklyn, DC or Miami tournaments for money and small trophy, is battle for years against the two islands. So we need we big players. Keane and them ent know that we have ah rivalry going on ah wah. That ent right…he to stupid because it seems to obvious for all of a sudden them men injured? They should slap him with ah big fine!  ;D
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 24, 2008, 01:21:23 PM »
The only reason I say le them they ,is because Carlos have one foot ,and they would probably bench Randi for KJ and Randi in better form .Scotland woulda been nice doh ,what happen there ?

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 24, 2008, 01:56:17 PM »

Is how much 3+ years RF was in hiding and had to hush he mouth now he cud talk big   :rotfl:
Imagine if they actually win the game.  He go still come back and take he licks when we beat them right?

Honduras qualify for the WC?  They came close a time but some team from the Caribbean beat them at home in their last game   :thinking:

If Jamaica win the game its not a big deal. we have been beating you consistently over the years. Its a bigger deal if we lose to you, regardless of what team you send....

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 24, 2008, 02:03:00 PM »
 :rotfl: nice well prepare for a big deal  :rotfl: living in the past man ah ride harse .Some 16 and 18 year ole school boys gonna beat alyah  :rotfl:

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 24, 2008, 06:51:08 PM »
Is a fete match whether all yuh beat we or not d state ah we football is a fete match. Until d best team take d feel is fete match. As d man say all yuh fielding a full team wit all dem Brits and we top scorer eh comin.
Dumb shyt, this is not our top team either. Ricardo Gardner(captain), Ian Goodison and Ricardo Fuller(top  5 scorer in the Championship) are out. Why are you Trinis making excuses before the game even start? Jesus. At least have a little hope and tell us you're going to win or summ'n.
Aye. When you jump on a train that already pulling away, it not logical to sue people because yuh tail get break up from falling off...

Since yuh wasn't paying attention, is yuh troll mate Reggaefan that mention that the squad was weak. All people doing here is agreeing with him. If you have any beef with that, you could go right down Kingston and beat him for it without coming on here to aggravate people.

And wait nah is 35-36 year old Ian Goodison who playing third division football yuh mentioning in yuh "top players" list? You ent shame?
Ah guess he have no shame...Goodison right now is a mess but to dem he is a top player  :-\

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 24, 2008, 07:26:11 PM »
Honduras only declined our recent offer simply because they didnt feel comfortable with us having them in Kingston seeing that both nations will more than likely end up in the same group come June. In fact, teh story broke in the Honduran media long before it broke in the Jamaica media. Having played Guatemala, Canada, Panama, El Salavdor, Costa Rica etc in recent times, I suppose the next best work out for us would be to take Kenwyn Jones and company to the office. I hear the JFF is currently negotiating with Mexico for a game in the NY area.

Going on your rationale for Honduras pulling out (which I agree with), why would Mexico agree to play you? Won't they be in the same group as well?
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 24, 2008, 07:40:16 PM »
Is daryl roberts comming for the game ?
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 24, 2008, 07:59:23 PM »
Is daryl roberts comming for the game ?
Nah he get  injured last game .

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 24, 2008, 08:02:39 PM »
How we know dat Daryl really injured since is more conspiracy than Al Queda in Iraq
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline trinsolutions

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 24, 2008, 09:07:40 PM »
can allyuh give me de real deal on these players pls.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 25, 2008, 03:53:04 AM »
Reggaefan is saying that we are making excuses coz we are going to loose,its not excuses ,we are just being realistic.Before we were refused Carlos and Kenwynne we were already without John,Scotland,Ince and Lawrence.We are now without first choice defenders and first choice strikers what do you expect us to do,celebrate the fact that some of our best players are not coming.By the way you mentioned your great pool of players,tell me,what have they got you over the last couple of years.I am talking about your reserves,go on and tell us.I know what our reserves have been doing since 2006 and its better than your reserves.Now since we are so depleted Reggaeboyz should win at least 2-0,anything less than that would show frailties in your team,if we hold you to a draw then bragging rites is ours.Here is my prediction...1-1 at the Office.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 25, 2008, 04:03:25 AM »
can allyuh give me de real deal on these players pls.

meaning?
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 25, 2008, 01:24:18 PM »
I read in an article where daryl is comming and will be present for the game in kingston. lets hope so.       positive.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

1]; } ?>