April 17, 2024, 10:00:19 PM

Author Topic: BAN THEN! CDC.  (Read 1818 times)

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
BAN THEN! CDC.
« on: March 22, 2008, 08:38:32 AM »
The Chaguaramas Development Authority (CDA) has banned any form of camping down the islands.

A notice posted in the areas where people would normally take the boats to go down the islands stated that camping was prohibited on the beaches and environs and the offshore islands.

Fisherman Richard Joseph said they were told that they cannot transport campers because they left the islands dirty.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/article_news?id=161297211

Personal note: We went down about 4 weeks ago and I'd never been this much in shame. First time I taking my wife and daughters and the amount of rubbish EVERYWHERE was hard to bear. My 13yr old started to pick up garbage as we walked about. I'm sure you could easily full about 10 facking truck with all the rubbish people leave all over the place. Seems there was an attempt to clean, but their idea of cleaning was making a pile and burning it. Well, bottle and cokes can doh bun... I guess they eh realize that.

When I said something to the CDC rep he said that only last week some students from UWI came down and with the coast guard.. did a clean-up. Supposedly had about 50 garbage bags full. One week later and it's the same mess again.

Not sure how much of a defense this is, but CDC is to take part of the blame. Not one friggin garbage can to be found anywhere.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: BAN THEN! CDC.
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 09:44:52 AM »
watch dem

camping in abandon houses on Chacacahare, in de old leper colony.
we also saw people on other parts of the islands.

Maybe there should designate an area only for camping.
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 10:16:53 AM »
The Chaguaramas Development Authority (CDA) has banned any form of camping down the islands.

A notice posted in the areas where people would normally take the boats to go down the islands stated that camping was prohibited on the beaches and environs and the offshore islands.

Fisherman Richard Joseph said they were told that they cannot transport campers because they left the islands dirty.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/article_news?id=161297211

Personal note: We went down about 4 weeks ago and I'd never been this much in shame. First time I taking my wife and daughters and the amount of rubbish EVERYWHERE was hard to bear. My 13yr old started to pick up garbage as we walked about. I'm sure you could easily full about 10 facking truck with all the rubbish people leave all over the place. Seems there was an attempt to clean, but their idea of cleaning was making a pile and burning it. Well, bottle and cokes can doh bun... I guess they eh realize that.

When I said something to the CDC rep he said that only last week some students from UWI came down and with the coast guard.. did a clean-up. Supposedly had about 50 garbage bags full. One week later and it's the same mess again.

Not sure how much of a defense this is, but CDC is to take part of the blame. Not one friggin garbage can to be found anywhere.

Even sadder is that the lil beaches and them around there could be real real nice - shady, surrounded by lush forests and very clear blue water. Postcard-type scenery. It does have colourful fish swimming up all around the coast..but when yuh get closer and see the beach covered with garbage it does real hurt. And is true - not a single garbage can anywhere

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 11:00:31 AM »
I doesn't like to do the follow fashion thing,... but maybe the US onto something with the camp grounds -  pay a flat fee to get in  and they provide proper bathroom and toilet facilities, maybe could hire some staff to do a lil cleanup.  tourism.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2008, 11:02:56 AM »
Maracas start 2 charge peeps y dey eh do d same is it because it in d West?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2008, 04:23:58 PM »
What they need to do is to have the equivalent of park rangers patrolling and ticketing people.  They need to start requiring camping permits...let people camp, just have them pay for the privilege, and capture information from their national ID card or Driver's license so that you can track who's been where...designate camping lots and hold the permit holder responsible.

Has nothing to do with 'follow fashion' and everything to do with smart management/shepherding of our natural resources.  These islands belong to everyone, not just the for the rich in the west to use as their personal playground. 

Also Pecan the CDA/C has no responsibility in this simply based on the trash can argument, just as these campers brought their supplies in they can take their blasted trash out.  Irresponsibility and lack of consideration of the highest order.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2008, 07:24:20 AM »
What they need to do is to have the equivalent of park rangers patrolling and ticketing people.  They need to start requiring camping permits...let people camp, just have them pay for the privilege, and capture information from their national ID card or Driver's license so that you can track who's been where...designate camping lots and hold the permit holder responsible.

I think they have this to some extent on the north east side where you have turtle watching.  People patrolling to check for poachers and I believe you supposed to get a permit to go turtle watching on the beach during certain times of the year.
Also we seem to be building up a good base of lifeguards...maybe they should train them to be able to ticket people with them kinda things too.  Dedicated wardens would be good but I dunno if they will do that anytime soon.
Most times lifeguards are not watching large numbers of people....guess they cud prioritize depending on how many swimmers they have to monitor but if they up on mayaro or toco side during the week they should be able to write up anybody for littering so they would have the authority at least to make people pick up their rubbish.

truetrini

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2008, 01:56:44 PM »
yuh looking fuh dem life guard tuh get  buss head and shoot up or what?

I blame de government!

is dem fault we like tuh litter.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2008, 02:18:37 PM »
Might not be the government fault people like to litter, but it is their responsibility to enforce or introduce litter/pollution laws. and not just in the playground of the well-off but everywhere.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

truetrini

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2008, 02:41:54 PM »
Might not be the government fault people like to litter, but it is their responsibility to enforce or introduce litter/pollution laws. and not just in the playground of the well-off but everywhere.

no doubt, but when yuh have ah doh care society...and de police are members of that same society...oh well

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2008, 03:28:35 PM »
Nothing against the govt trying to clean up the env, but should'nt they start in the capital, reason being , the last time i was in trini i walked around for ever with garbage in my hands for almost an hour before i decide to put it in the rental BC i couldn't find a garbage can, and to think this is our nations capital. BTW that was in 05, i dont know if things changed by now.                     positive.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2008, 04:17:55 PM »
each SCHOOL needs to start a program that introduces pride in the students there
Have dustbins in the schools...make it a competition so that kids have a fun time in putting their garbage away
this ent going away just so nuh
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2008, 05:24:07 PM »
each SCHOOL needs to start a program that introduces pride in the students there
Have dustbins in the schools...make it a competition so that kids have a fun time in putting their garbage away

Schools eh responsible for raising children with decency. Parents are. It doh really help that a good majority of the populace chronically watless. Town is the same thing......people litter with no kind of regard...den cussin because town flood when a man decide to spit on federick street. I go on quite a few camps...and no matter what I or any person in charge make sure that we leave the place better than we met it. But...some people really dont have any kind of decency at all.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2008, 05:27:09 PM »

Schools eh responsible for raising children with decency. Parents are. It doh really help that a good majority of the populace chronically watless. Town is the same thing......people litter with no kind of regard...den cussin because town flood when a man decide to spit on federick street. I go on quite a few camps...and no matter what I or any person in charge make sure that we leave the place better than we met it. But...some people really dont have any kind of decency at all.
yes yes
I Totally agree...but from my perspective it is all part of the "its takes a whole village to raise a child" angle that I make this suggestion.

I had a pardner in Edmonton, who would throw his garbage out of his car after eating "drive through" food.
his reasoning was that there are people who get paid to clean up our streets.....grade "A" Maron.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 05:30:51 PM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

truetrini

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2008, 05:30:13 PM »
what is de purpose of schools?

1]; } ?>