April 25, 2024, 04:02:25 PM

Author Topic: Sheffield keeps an eye on Jan Michael.  (Read 4434 times)

Offline MATADOR

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Sheffield keeps an eye on Jan Michael.
« on: March 26, 2008, 08:05:30 AM »
Sheffield keeps an eye on Jan Michael.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

National team goalkeeper Jan Michael Williams could be a Sheffield United player by next month after receiving word while in Kingston with the “Soca Warriors” that Sheffield United are considering signing him on a full term basis.

Williams kept goal for T&T in Wednesday’s 2-2 draw with Jamaica. He flew in from Belgium where he has been campaigning in the Third Division but has been around quite a bit in the last few weeks. He had trials and training stints at English clubs Derby County and Charlton Athletic as well as joined Irish club Bohemians on a tour in Spain.

“It’s been a real experience out there. I wasn’t playing much in Belgium but the Sheffield management allowed me to move around and possibly get a loan deal. I did quite well but it has been difficult to get a full contract because of the time of the season. But things are looking up now with the latest news from Sheffield and hopefully something good comes out of this one,” Williams told  TTFF Media. "I didn't play in close to two weeks before the call for the Jamaica game and that can be frustrating sometimes but then I also have to be patient and wait on my turn."

Looking back at Wednesday’s draw, he added “I was very proud to be part of the team because we showed a lot of heart and played some good football to come from two goals down against Jamaica in their backyard. Credit to the coaching staff and the players for the effort. We had a bunch of youngsters who were determined and were able to do what the coach wanted. A lot of credit must go to him and Anton Corneal for working with us and getting the right message over."
« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 06:45:38 PM by Flex »

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: Jan to England!!
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 08:24:48 AM »
de man gobe PUMPED for the Ragga Britz today ;)
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 08:51:33 AM »
I thiught he was already signed to Sheffield and was farmed out to a Belgium  league??? So they want him on the actual Sheffield 1st team or reserves?
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 09:06:06 AM »
I thiught he was already signed to Sheffield and was farmed out to a Belgium  league??? So they want him on the actual Sheffield 1st team or reserves?

He needs a work permit to play for Shelffield United, I believe that's the snag right now. I don't see how he might get it b'cuz I don't seeing qualifying for a Belgian passport as yet. They're in 12th position in the Chamiponship, 6 points behind a play-off spot with a game in hand.

Offline Madd Ras#13

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2008, 09:12:48 AM »
hope everything wuk out in big man favour...bessa luck jan
all dat is necessary is necessary

Offline black chinee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2008, 01:40:06 PM »
He's started most of Trinidad's competitive matches over the past year and some i.e. Gold Cup and Digicel, so maybe he's got enough caps, cause the caps needed is only a percentage of competitive matches

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2008, 02:38:20 PM »
Is supposed to be something like 75% over the last 2 years (somebody correct me if ah wrong) and given that he hasn't started or played for T&T since he went to Belgium, I don't know how dey plan to pull this one off.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2008, 05:57:06 PM »
What change since d last application. If anything d situation wuss as he eh play in d lst couple friendlies. Wish d yute luck but I eh very excited dat he will get it.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2008, 06:22:15 PM »
If this come true..It could possibly be a big turning point in Jan career

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2008, 06:24:37 PM »
I hope he get it I'm not sold on his ability as yet....not too impressed with him yet.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2008, 07:31:53 PM »
Ah hope the work him hard and improve his ball reaction speed skills.  I find he relaxes too much and react real slow to the ball.  Hope the got a world class goal keeping program there

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2008, 10:17:42 PM »
Paddy Kenny is a good goalie. Hopefully Jan could learn a thing or two from him if this opportunity work out.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2008, 08:11:35 AM »
Hope things work out for Jan.  While he has his flaws as many have opined here, his attitude towards the game and his work ethic will see him through.  Bless.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2008, 08:51:24 AM »
Jan has his faullts, but he is a very good goal keeper!!

I read men talking about the game against Austria that he conceeded a bad goal in but no one is mentioning his performances at the goal cup last year!!

I hope he signs and takes Paddy Kennys place!!

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2008, 09:08:44 AM »
Yeh he made some huge saves at the Gold Cup.
Is right after that that he went England on trial.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2008, 10:11:51 AM »
TG, some ah we doh manage dem ?big? teams, cause d way we does critique, no Trini (except Yorke an Latas, of course) would get ah bligh atall,atall..it doh have no player in d world who doh have bloopers, especially goalies..ah see from Shaka to barthez, to d Schmeichel do poops repeatedly and dem did dun reach....we own get ah lil someting, and most glad, yet some sayin but........what BUT...GLAD, end yuh story...leave d buts an critique for d drinks, ent

doh get meh wrong, it have players I find weak for representin T&T, yet ah real Glad for anyway they get ah foot in...cause dey makin ah opening for the ones ah do like, an might not have been seen..

Look ah not pickin on nobody eh, buh maybe ah away to long an ting, buh ah fine is everybody does have to get ah lil pull down from somebody, cause dey not like somebody else, not always by the same ppl mind you, but just generally...e.g. ah doh know d youth Power, and many man cry im down, "He wile, He clueless, he cyah pass, cyah trap", yet every Coach picking him, it gettin so ah does wonder, " dey doh like him, cause he good or wha", when all it might b is yuh prefer somebody else. ..dah doh make the fella bad !....

buh nuff ah meh rantin, ah l like readin many of you still

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2008, 10:18:47 AM »
Actually, I think he will soon be better than Ince. He is a good enough shot stopper and can improve there. However, he is lightyears ahead of Ince when it comes to distribution. He is good with his feet.

Ince is a good shot stopper but from what i've seen, especially Ash Wednesday, he is horrible on the ball and distributing.
TnT Patriot

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2008, 01:07:16 PM »

I read men talking about the game against Austria that he conceeded a bad goal in but no one is mentioning his performances at the goal cup last year!!

ah love it!!

Well I was beginning to wonder if I wrong bout de boy keeping skills....de boy damn good!!!...

Go Jan!!.......ah hope yuh sign a good contract and go places  :beermug:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Sheffield keeps an eye on Jan Michael.
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2008, 06:49:18 PM »
News above update... (29-Mar-2008).
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2008, 08:35:21 PM »

ah love it!!

a man finally talk sense there!
like a TT player hadda be PERFECT in order to get pips..
Jan is a good keeper...has his faults but he relatively young and i hope he get thru with Sheffield...
Kenny doh look as good as Jan i find...see him b4 but then again Sheffield look like real toots and have a soft defence so that eh go help any keeper no matter how good he is

but ppls need to stop pullin down a man if he have a bad game or 2....damn!
is best we start to say yorke was shit cause he do real mess at b'burn and b'ham!
but i eh mad..and that eh make sense!

1]; } ?>