March 29, 2024, 04:06:16 AM

Author Topic: USA to Face Argentina in New York  (Read 10948 times)

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
USA to Face Argentina in New York
« on: March 27, 2008, 10:35:58 PM »
3/27/2008 5:00 PM
USA to Face Argentina in New York
For the first time since last summer's Copa America, the United States and Argentina, ranked #1 in the world, will meet in a friendly on June 8.The U.S. National Team has announced it will take on Argentina in a friendly at Giants Stadium, just outside of New York, on June 8. The game, long rumored, will just days after the U.S. has faced England, at London’s famed Wembley Stadium, on May 28, followed by a match against Spain, in Santander, on June 4.

“Argentina is clearly one of the best teams in the world and playing against an opponent of that caliber is a great opportunity for our team,” U.S. head coach Bob Bradley said in a statement. “Combined with the matches against England and Spain, we have put together a very good schedule to help us prepare for World Cup qualifying.”

The U.S. begins qualifying for World Cup 2010 with a two-leg series against Barbados. The home leg is scheduled for June 15, at the Home Depot Center, in Carson, CA. The away leg will take place in Barbados on either June 21 or June 22.

Having just won 3-0 against Poland, a Euro 2008 qualifier, the U.S. is on a good patch of form. But the three upcoming games will put the squad to the test. Argentina, which beat Egypt 2-0 in a friendly on Wednesday, is currently ranked #1 in FIFA’s world rankings.

The two nations have squared off eight times before with Argentina taking six wins and the U.S. taking two. The first victory came in 1995, when the Americans beat the Biancocelesti 3-0 in the Copa America. The U.S. came out on top again in 1999, winning 1-0 at RFK Stadium in Washington, DC.

The last time the two met, in last summer’s Copa America, Argentina won 4-1.
According to a federation statement, this game will be the last one played by the U.S. National Team at Giants Stadium. In eight matches at the stadium, the side has won four, lost one, and drawn two.

“We expect it will be a fantastic crowd at Giants Stadium,” Bradley said, “and we are looking forward to an exciting atmosphere.”

-- Goal.com

soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
Re: USA to Face Argentina in New York
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 10:37:58 PM »
cyar miss this one atall.meh worse team takin on meh best team.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 11:19:57 PM »
boy is plenty the high profile firendlies the usa  playing ... do you all notice  the concacaf team  the usa only plays  for a friendly is Mexico .. only teams outside the region they play
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 08:25:41 AM by Trini _2010 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline RedDevils

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2008, 07:39:48 AM »
are the NYC sw crew organizing ah trip to this game ??? keep me informed.
Glory, Glory MANUTD.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2008, 07:47:18 AM »
well ley we hear how much allyuh hate United States Now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go USA beat facking argentina.. Is de U.S I live in not Argentina.. GO USA GO USA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Warmonga...
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2008, 07:55:59 AM »
I hate both teams but (of course) have the utmost respect for Argentina.....maybe I'll go to this one.  Gigssy, lemme know wha yuh wat to do 'bout dis.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2008, 11:50:33 AM »
GO ARGENTINA!!!... :devil:

show dese wanna be "soccer giants" how de game is really played....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2008, 12:10:17 PM »

I think we shud do this......wud love to see Argentina live
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2008, 12:15:04 PM »
hmmm let me see...I like most US ppl....but dislike dem when it comes to football

I dislike Argentina when it comes to their ppl and some issues..but like dey football  ;D

So wid dat ah say...Go Argentina...5 or nutten  :devil:

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2008, 12:29:20 PM »
hmmm let me see...I like most US ppl....but dislike dem when it comes to football

I dislike Argentina when it comes to their ppl and some issues..but like dey football  ;D

So wid dat ah say...Go Argentina...5 or nutten  :devil:

Big Up!

Oh lord DeSoWa.....talk bout conflicted....but in de end yuh make de right choice   :devil:  :beermug:...
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 01:02:57 PM by brownsugar »
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2008, 12:54:40 PM »
Will the they (USA) be demoralized by all that cutarse they would probably get or will they be better off by playing better teams than there are in the CONCACAF and, in so doing, improving as a team?!?!?

Més que un club.

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2008, 01:50:31 PM »

Even if we do lose the loss will be nothing compared to the spanking that you guys are going to get from England.
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2008, 01:56:01 PM »

Even if we do lose the loss will be nothing compared to the spanking that you guys are going to get from England.

You mean it won't feel as bad as the spanking YOU GUYS are going to get from England on May 28th  :devil:

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2008, 05:22:36 PM »
Even if the U.S. manages to get a result in that game, they will be denied their props.... Safe money says Argentina wins somewhat convincingly though.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2008, 05:23:37 PM »

Like the "spanking" they put on us during the world cup?  ::)

Or the spanking Argentina put on allyuh during the Copa?
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2008, 05:39:18 AM »
I'm guessing that it could even be worse that the spanking we put on you during the World Cup qualifiers.

;D
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2008, 05:54:45 AM »
well ley we hear how much allyuh hate United States Now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go USA beat facking argentina.. Is de U.S I live in not Argentina.. GO USA GO USA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Warmonga...

Ah hear yuh Warmonga, but ah cyar support ah country where the sport ranks below other sports in popularity. I live in the States too and it galls me that the average American probably does not know that the United States has played in every World Cup since 1990. I know that the sport is steadily rising in popularity here, but not enough in my opinion.

Until Americans give the Beautiful Game the proper respect it deserves, they do not deserve to have a competitive team. In a way, it's almost an injustice to teams like Guatemala, El Salvador, Jamaica and Trinidad and Tobago where there's a more entrenced football culture.

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2008, 07:10:10 AM »
Ah hear yuh Warmonga, but ah cyar support ah country where the sport ranks below other sports in popularity. I live in the States too and it galls me that the average American probably does not know that the United States has played in every World Cup since 1990. I know that the sport is steadily rising in popularity here, but not enough in my opinion.

Until Americans give the Beautiful Game the proper respect it deserves, they do not deserve to have a competitive team. In a way, it's almost an injustice to teams like Guatemala, El Salvador, Jamaica and Trinidad and Tobago where there's a more entrenced football culture.

Boo hoo!  :'(

The total number of registered players in the U.S. is still more than T&T's entire population. So don't give me that "deserves" crap.

If a team is good enough to qualify for the World Cup then they deserve to be there. Deal with it.
- Xavi

Offline ttcom

• Hero Warrior
  • us/trini/jamaican
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2008, 10:40:24 AM »

Me plus 3 going.
Stupidity is an elemental force for which no earthquake is a match."
-Karl Kraus

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2008, 10:56:22 AM »

The total number of registered players in the U.S. is still more than T&T's entire population. So don't give me that "deserves" crap.

If a team is good enough to qualify for the World Cup then they deserve to be there. Deal with it.

Stupid argument.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2008, 10:57:29 AM »
I'm guessing that it could even be worse that the spanking we put on you during the World Cup qualifiers.

;D

What spanking?
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2008, 12:27:04 PM »

Yuh is ah kinda kaka hole or wha??....larger country, more players to choose from......duuuuhhh!!!...

Like Kaliman2006 say.....your fellow country men could care less about de game, imagine if all yuh win de WC.....de rest de country goh be like....."wha?...World Cup?....what is dat??!!" .......so until all yuh respect de game......

:flamethrower: :flamethrower: :whip: :whip:

GO ARGENTINA!!!!.....rest it on dem.....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2008, 12:40:12 PM »

Stupid argument.

...just about as stupid as the argument that begat it.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2008, 12:43:15 PM »

Yuh is ah kinda kaka hole or wha??....larger country, more players to choose from......duuuuhhh!!!...

Like Kaliman2006 say.....your fellow country men could care less about de game, imagine if all yuh win de WC.....de rest de country goh be like....."wha?...World Cup?....what is dat??!!" .......so until all yuh respect de game......

:flamethrower: :flamethrower: :whip: :whip:

GO ARGENTINA!!!!.....rest it on dem.....

I not defending Zeppo....but b/c the US is so large you have a greater variety of sports to appeal to the different sectors of the population.   So thus Kaliman's statements about football (soccer) not being popular enough to merit support for the national team becomes kinda moot.

The population thing works both ways.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2008, 12:49:05 PM »
Warmonga...

Bredda I hear yu too .  4 of my 5 sons born and raised here in de USA.  I eh worry about how much americans love football f**k dem . If yu aint have blue eyes and white skin you will never ever be concidered an american so I aint worry how dem rate football. I Have to support my fellow americans who decide to represent the greatest sports innah de world .. which is football.. Because Americans hate football so much it inspires me to even love it more ..  I live In The USA and Support USA Football except when dey come up against any ... yes dats right my  wests Indian teams any west Indian team from grenada to barbados from dominica  to SVG..  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .. But I have to be a nemackaram to be living in de USA raising my born Kids in the USA .. wrking going to schoool here and then wishing dem de worst .. Wishing the USA de worst while living here in the USA wont suprise me from nuff Trinidadians dey wish dey own facking country bad so dat aint no shock to me..
Fack Argentina mi nuh care if God play for Argentina go USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

War...
War...
« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 12:51:11 PM by warmonga »
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2008, 01:03:52 PM »

Bredda I hear yu too .  4 of my 5 sons born and raised here in de USA.  I eh worry about how much americans love football f**k dem . If yu aint have blue eyes and white skin you will never ever be concidered an american so I aint worry how dem rate football. I Have to support my fellow americans who decide to represent the greatest sports innah de world .. which is football.. Because Americans hate football so much it inspires me to even love it more ..  I live In The USA and Support USA Football except when dey come up against any ... yes dats right my  wests Indian teams any west Indian team from grenada to barbados from dominica  to SVG..  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .. But I have to be a nemackaram to be living in de USA raising my born Kids in the USA .. wrking going to schoool here and then wishing dem de worst .. Wishing the USA de worst while living here in the USA wont suprise me from nuff Trinidadians dey wish dey own facking country bad so dat aint no shock to me..
Fack Argentina mi nuh care if God play for Argentina go USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

War...
War...

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Green Beret

• Jr. Warrior
  • Army Of One
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2008, 01:38:05 PM »

;D

What spanking?

Ay Smallie, you still hating on us???
Long time girl...
Find Out If You Have What It Takes To Earn The Green Beret.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2008, 01:56:58 PM »

;D

What spanking?

Ay Smallie, you still hating on us???
Long time girl...

Yeah, I am. What's this? A yankee invasion?  >:(

:D
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2008, 03:05:23 PM »
Stupid argument.

Not nearly as stupid as trying to judge who does or does not deserve to have a competitive team.

That's a sore loser argument if I ever heard one.
- Xavi

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2008, 03:07:02 PM »
Stupid argument.

Not nearly as stupid as trying to judge who does or does not deserve to have a competitive team.

That's a sore loser argument if I ever heard one.

Do you want a hug?
www.westindiantube.com

1]; } ?>