April 29, 2024, 12:24:21 AM

Author Topic: Will BSC still be the National team head coach on Wednesday?  (Read 4299 times)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Will BSC still be the National team head coach on Wednesday?
« on: March 26, 2005, 11:22:28 PM »
Yes

OR

No

I say....No

Cyah get much lower than this.  He told the team this might be his last game as coach if they didn't win and they go out and give a performance like that.  If one was cynical and believe in conspiracy theory, one might even think de players sabotage dis game.

No need to delay the inevitable.  Get it done one time.  Ah wouldn't be surprised if Lincoln tek ova.

I'll say this in BSC defence.  As has been pointed out by maxg and others before....he took the job and all the heat that came along with it.  All de coaches who sayin dis and dat doh have de BALLS to do it.  Respeck to BSC fuh dat.  You tried your best.  Cannot ask for more than that.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Good question
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2005, 11:34:16 PM »
but u really think Lincoln could do better?

At this point, I cant see who could take over, unless the TTFF have a couple million dollars put away

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Will BSC still be the National team head coach on Wednesday?
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2005, 11:36:38 PM »
Trini....whether we like it or not....the players are NOT playing for Bertille.  That much is clear.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I cyah believe that
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2005, 11:49:31 PM »
not playing for Bertille?

U mean not playing 100% for him as a coach?

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2005, 11:51:49 PM »
Palos, I agree....5-1, yeah, I will have to make changes, and re-evaluate the selections, and selectors as well..... Hope the correct, most rationale  decisions will be made. I think, whether the coach is retained or not, the TD has to step-in

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Good question
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2005, 12:15:00 AM »
but u really think Lincoln could do better?

At this point, I cant see who could take over, unless the TTFF have a couple million dollars put away

It is exactly this type of visionless thinking that has us in this position today. You are right you cant see. But i could. ANYBODY is an improvement.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2005, 02:26:47 AM »
Lincoln said it was up to the executive to make a decision on the coach(can't quote but I think that is what I heard him say).

I would prefer if that was up to him as TD.  He probably has a say in it but want to distance himself since the TTFF could ups and do things without notice or consultation.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2005, 10:01:17 AM »
total Blame has to fall somewhere & BS have to accept that.

However, lets ask some questions because it have plenty man who say it eh about coach is about players!!!!!

Do we really believe the players do not want to play for BC?
How much blame must lay with the players and their individual  performances or lack of it?
Are they blame less?
When last has LP coached a football team & at what level?
Would he make changes to the squad and if yes why as TD did he not advise this before?
Where are the so called experts now, who have been calling forums & advising. Yes advising???? AC, LP, DN, JW and the rest
Where was the preperation games for this game? What was the admoinistration role in securing these games???

Who else putting their hads up and saying I let the Team and Country down??

Bertil will accept his faith, he never run from dat.

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2005, 10:09:17 AM »

oh Really and what is his faith? Catholic, baptist or muslim. Lets see if his faith will determine his fate.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2005, 10:12:43 AM »
Do we really believe the players do not want to play for BC?
How much blame must lay with the players and their individual  performances or lack of it?
Are they blame less?

Yes I believe so. Putting Yorke as your captain could not help (Has Yorke captained any team since youth level?)

Players are not stupid. When they have lost confidence in a manager they perform worse. Time and again you change the manager and the team turns around.

We have heard several reports of curious decisions by Bertille. We as fans just hear some things and question him, much less men who have to train under him, deal with strange selections first hand and hear him criticize theim after every game.

The fact is in football it is always easier to change the manager than to change the players. That is the way the job goes.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2005, 11:01:45 AM »
Give me one profund reason why we need to see more of the same sh...ttt? Time to make a bold move and change up things.

El Socorro

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2005, 11:48:28 AM »
As a youth playing football in the eastern part of Trinidad in the early to mid eighty’s, I’ve had the opportunity to be coached by some of the greatest Trinidad had to offer.  As a result, during such time, Trinidad had an explosion of talented young players coming out of various leagues such as: Intercol Football, PYM/Aranguez League, Eddie Hart, etc; thus making us one of the better teams in the region.  I never played under Mr. St. Clair, but I heard of some of the good things he had done for our program, more so Tobago football.

Do coaches win games, NO.?  It’s the players who run, fight, scrape, and sweat for ninety minutes.  But if a coach cannot motivate, manage, and select a group of players he thinks (not what the people want) would go out and perform with heart and pride, then I think Mr. St Clair should be fired. 

IT’S TOO LATE FOR US NOW.

But I will always love and suppoort our football, no matter what.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2005, 08:24:34 PM »
Why wait until Wednesday? Th etime for drastic changes is now.
Ok so we have an identifiable perceived problem: that to be :the coach. But what is the solution?

Who do you suggest to be the successor:

Latapy?

Phillips?

Corneal?

Some foreign 'flunkie?"

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2005, 08:29:02 PM »
BSC has to go NOW!!  What the hell we waiting on to go 9 points down?

Firstly BSC is an idiot for saying we wouldn't miss Dog.  How he hell yuh go go in hostile territory without yuh best defender and doh miss him?  In any case, what kinda message yuh sending to the player.

Secondly putting Yorkie as we captain, is plain ridiculous!!  This man abandoned we team several years ago, come back for 2 games and he is yuh captain!!  

Thirdly, from the time I hear tallman (Dennis Lawrence) in the squad, I worried.  Fella is an awful defender, I does wonder how them fellas playing in England.  Den again, he really playing 3 or 4 division football.  

Fourthly, I say on Friday having Yorkie and Angus in the center of midfield was a bad decision b/c both ah them is defensive liabilities.  True said so done!!

Fifth, until our selection improves based on our opposition and not who we coach like the most, we in real trouble.

For the fella who ask what was the last coaching gig Lincoln Phillips had, check out Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond, VA.  His teams we well coached but he didn't have much luck b/c of the talent they possessed.  Nonetheless, I don't think he could do any worse but I doh think he is the answer.

I out!!
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Tillamawnin

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2005, 08:46:11 PM »
Yes

OR

No

I say....No

Cyah get much lower than this.  He told the team this might be his last game as coach if they didn't win and they go out and give a performance like that.  If one was cynical and believe in conspiracy theory, one might even think de players sabotage dis game.

No need to delay the inevitable.  Get it done one time.  Ah wouldn't be surprised if Lincoln tek ova.

I'll say this in BSC defence.  As has been pointed out by maxg and others before....he took the job and all the heat that came along with it.  All de coaches who sayin dis and dat doh have de BALLS to do it.  Respeck to BSC fuh dat.  You tried your best.  Cannot ask for more than that.

I do not think any coach in his right mind would want to take over a team at this point in the proceedings. You may do better keeping BSC than try to bring in someone who does not know the players and the players do not know him. Remember the Reggae boyz lost to Panama with a new head coach who only had two weeks to settle. In his first game he did not use any substitutes as he said he did not know the players.

Getting rid of BSC now could be jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire!
There is nothing better than adversity. Every defeat, every heartbreak, every loss, contains its own seed, its own lesson on how to improve your performance the next time.

Malcolm X

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2005, 09:45:53 PM »
Yes

OR

No

I say....No

I do not think any coach in his right mind would want to take over a team at this point in the proceedings. You may do better keeping BSC than try to bring in someone who does not know the players and the players do not know him. Remember the Reggae boyz lost to Panama with a new head coach who only had two weeks to settle. In his first game he did not use any substitutes as he said he did not know the players.

Getting rid of BSC now could be jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire!

Tillamawnin - Now there is a name I havent heard in ages!
Damn!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2005, 09:51:02 PM »

Ahmmmmmmm...Tilla....in case yuh eh realise....WE DONE IN DE BLASTED FIRE!!

truetrini

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2005, 09:53:18 PM »
we toast arready

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2005, 10:09:18 AM »

oh Really and what is his faith? Catholic, baptist or muslim. Lets see if his faith will determine his fate.

Quite correct Sub1 thank you for pointing out my error. I should add though that Faith does not necessarily lend itself to religion. It simply means "belief"
confidence or trust. Belief in something without proof (Like his team would beat Guatemala.) ;D

just having some fun eh.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

1]; } ?>