April 28, 2024, 09:33:01 PM

Author Topic: T&T to face Bermuda in phase 1 of WCQ.  (Read 4316 times)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
T&T to face Bermuda in phase 1 of WCQ.
« on: March 30, 2008, 11:15:57 PM »
Top of the morning forumites. let me begin by saying, i'm pretty sure the majority of us are already aware that we will be going up against Bermuda in june for phase 1 of our WC journey to SA2010.

i was hoping it was cayman islands TBH since we seem to always struggle against Bermuda for some strange reason, that and we didn't get enough playing time together as a complete team  for over a year.

Bermuda's federation president Larry Mussenden seem to think that he could suprise us come june, i just hope he's wrong about his predictions and we have the fortitude to get pass underrated Bermuda to the semifinal round of qualifying.

i know a lot of yuhs would think that i'm being some what timid in my view, but i have good reason to be since jack warner & co. has been pussy footing since oct 06.

we've not played with our full strenght team since st Vincent and the Grenadines, and quite frankly that scares me.

we still don't have the stallwart defence we build for the last WC in germany, players the like of marvin andrews, brent sancho and dennis Lawrence, has been completely ignored by our federation, in exchange for the services of less experience untested players the likes of power , thomas and adams, not knocking any of our players , but we need these three defenders if we're to get into the final round of qualifying.

i think we're ok in the midfield department with fellas like Whitley,  Edwards, hyland, roberts, K. daniel, and up front we're pretty decent as well, with KJ , bravo, scotty, glenn, to choose from , but we need a proper defence to go up against our hungry opponents in concacaf.

just curious to know what allyuh think. all views would be highly appreciated. i just have ah strange feeling that we might be punished for our lack of preparation, please prove me wrong.                                             positive.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 02:05:25 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T to face Bermuda in phase 1 of WCQ.
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008, 11:26:35 PM »
One more post for 1ooo jc ,I ve never seen somebody go tru as much for it lol  :beermug: ,good post .
PS them men will come back ,when jack get back dess.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 11:35:18 PM »
One more post for 1ooo jc ,I ve never seen somebody go tru as much for it lol  :beermug: ,good post .
PS them men will come back ,when jack get back dess.
Trust meh farder i din't even noticed that , but since yuh mention it here goes! :devil: :beermug: seriously though, i'm really parenoid about facing bermuda, seeing that our federation has been fackin up since the impass, i hope we could buss up them western englishmen for their cokyness.            positive.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2008, 11:35:58 PM »
Bermuda is WAR   :duel: :challenge: :bringiton:

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 12:34:06 AM »
Here my line up as of now.

Jason Scotland  - Kenwyne Jones

Keon Daniel - Aurtis Whitley - Khaleem Hyland/Trent Noel - Carlos Edwards

Akeil Edwards - Makan Hislop - ??? - Kern Cupid

Jan Michael Williams

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2008, 01:06:48 AM »
Our stats against Bermuda: 4 Wins, 2 Draws, 2 Losses

Date                     Results                           Venue      Competition
16/07/1978  T&T       2:3       Bermuda           MEDELLIN      CAC Games

16/04/1989  T&T       1:1       Bermuda              POS           Friendly

18/04/1989  T&T       0:1       Bermuda             ARIMA         Friendly

23/06/2001 Bermuda  0:5       T&T                 HAMILTON     Friendly

10/02/2004 Bermuda  0:1       T&T                 HAMILTON     Friendly

12/02/2004 Bermuda  2:2       T&T                 HAMILTON     Friendly

25/05/2005  T&T       4:0       Bermuda               POS          Friendly

27/05/2005  T&T       1:0       Bermuda               POS          Friendly
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 08:19:44 AM by FireBrand »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2008, 05:50:28 AM »
Date                     Results                           Venue      Competition
16/07/1978  T&T       2:3       Bermuda           MEDELLIN      Friendly

That game was not a Friendly, it was in the Central American and Caribbean Games.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2008, 07:58:30 AM »
We playing England a few weeks before and we will be on point for that game.

Plenty work will be put in for that match and the effects and teamwork will spillover.

We will beat Bermuda.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2008, 08:17:30 AM »
If we cyah beat Bermuda, we doh deserve to go anywhere.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2008, 08:19:01 AM »
16/07/1978  T&T       2:3       Bermuda           MEDELLIN      Friendly

That game was not a Friendly, it was in the Central American and Caribbean Games.

Thanks Tallman....ah go send FIFA.com an email and tell dem to change it.  ;D
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2008, 08:19:22 AM »
to be honest I always lil worried bout Bermuda too...or is it bahamas :D  one ah dem.  from dem results it look like bermuda cuz is a lot of 1 goal magein victories I remember.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2008, 11:15:35 AM »
We playing England a few weeks before and we will be on point for that game.

Plenty work will be put in for that match and the effects and teamwork will spillover.

We will beat Bermuda.
I must addmit, i admire your position of confidence , but yuh must remember having the best team on paper is not always a guarantee for successful results.

just go back a few WCQ when we had a bomb team , with yorke, latas , nakid , stern, marcell, shaka , ect. and we were dogged by lesser talent. i could think of many instances where teams were all out star studded and curcumed to lesser opponents, ah hope yuh right.

my point is, there was an obstruction in the flow of our development and it still continues to persist, we still don't have our best defenders back in uniform, plus there's a lot of pulling and tugging with the players union and the federation, which to me is very distracting.

we still haven't played tip top opponents who could help us strenghten and improve our game, last but not least , we still haven't played our best team in almost two yrs together as a unit, and our playing time together is limited. a recipe for failure IMO.                                      positive.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 05:21:49 PM by just cool »

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2008, 11:19:35 AM »
Date                     Results                           Venue      Competition
16/07/1978  T&T       2:3       Bermuda           MEDELLIN      Friendly

Thanks Tallman....ah go send FIFA.com an email and tell dem to change it.  ;D

They may have listed it that way if CAC wasn't considered a FIFA sanctioned tournament.

Offline Benjie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2008, 04:35:26 PM »
Top of the morning forumites. let me begin by saying, i'm pretty sure the majority of us are already aware that we will be going up against Bermuda in june for phase 1 of our WC journey to SA2010.

i was hoping it was cayman islands TBH since we seem to always struggle against Bermuda for some strange reason, that and we didn't get enough playing time together as a complete team  for over a year.

Bermuda's federation president Larry Mussenden seem to think that he could suprise us come june, i just hope he's wrong about his predictions and we have the fortitude to get pass underrated Bermuda to the semifinal round of qualifying.

i know a lot of yuhs would think that i'm being some what timid in my view, but i have good reason to be since jack warner & co. has been pussy footing since oct 06.

we've not played with our full strenght team since st Vincent and the Grenadines, and quite frankly that scares me.

we still don't have the stallwart defence we build for the last WC in germany, players the like of marvin andrews, brent sancho and dennis Lawrence, has been completely ignored by our federation, in exchange for the services of less experience untested players the likes of power , thomas and adams, not knocking any of our players , but we need these three defenders if we're to get into the final round of qualifying.

i think we're ok in the midfield department with fellas like Whitley,  Edwards, hyland, roberts, K. daniel, and up front we're pretty decent as well, with KJ , bravo, scotty, glenn, to choose from , but we need a proper defence to go up against our hungry opponents in concacaf.

just curious to know what allyuh think. all views would be highly appreciated. i just have ah strange feeling that we might be punished for our lack of preparation, please prove me wrong.                                             positive.

Ah could be wrong but two of those have yet to play a club match for the year

and Lawrence is close to forty

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2008, 06:07:03 PM »

Ah could be wrong but two of those have yet to play a club match for the year

and Lawrence is close to forty
Lawrence is no where close to 40, and he's younger than yorke and Lattas and they just retired , age is not a factor when experience is envolved, that kind of experience is priceless and its what we need for WCQ agaist cunning crafty opponents.

Andrews played until the beggining of the year, and just had surgery, i'm sure he would recover in time for the semi's, sancho has been training with a number of clubs and is keeping fit.

so i don't see why not , remember those guys has been in the trenches for ages , and that's exatly what we need, no more apprentiship when my emottions are envolved, let them youths wait and learn from the veterans.                                        positive.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 06:13:39 PM by just cool »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2008, 06:10:04 PM »
Thank u Palos. All yuh tink in d away leg we could let JW and co plane lost in d Bermuda triangle.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2008, 06:23:44 PM »
serious folks...this is a big game/s
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2008, 10:20:26 PM »

Date                     Results                           Venue      Competition
16/07/1978  T&T       2:3       Bermuda           MEDELLIN      CAC Games

16/04/1989  T&T       1:1       Bermuda              POS           Friendly

18/04/1989  T&T       0:1       Bermuda             ARIMA         Friendly

23/06/2001 Bermuda  0:5       T&T                 HAMILTON     Friendly

10/02/2004 Bermuda  0:1       T&T                 HAMILTON     Friendly

12/02/2004 Bermuda  2:2       T&T                 HAMILTON     Friendly

25/05/2005  T&T       4:0       Bermuda               POS          Friendly

27/05/2005  T&T       1:0       Bermuda               POS          Friendly

WTF they beat and tie the Strike Squad  :rotfl: ,yah lie . :o
them men dangerous boi .

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2008, 05:30:50 AM »

Talk done wit dat!!

ah love it!!

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2008, 05:56:26 AM »
We beating Bermuda Just Cool doh frighten.....

is

:whip: :whip: :whip: :flamethrower: :flamethrower: :flamethrower:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2008, 08:32:52 PM »
We beating Bermuda Just Cool doh frighten.....

is

:whip: :whip: :whip: :flamethrower: :flamethrower: :flamethrower:
OK good enough, but ah still keeping meh fingers crossed.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2008, 09:51:45 PM »

I agree with palos.  If we can't beat Bermuda, then we need to pack up, give Maturana our Under 17 team and start to plan for 2014 (not that he would care to stay around till then).  But come on!  Lose to Bermuda and still expect to go to the WC?  No way! Save the money!  I say we win by a 6:1 aggregate.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2008, 11:39:22 PM »

16/07/1978  T&T       2:3       Bermuda           MEDELLIN      CAC Games

16/04/1989  T&T       1:1       Bermuda              POS           Friendly

18/04/1989  T&T       0:1       Bermuda             ARIMA         Friendly

23/06/2001 Bermuda  0:5       T&T                 HAMILTON     Friendly

10/02/2004 Bermuda  0:1       T&T                 HAMILTON     Friendly

12/02/2004 Bermuda  2:2       T&T                 HAMILTON     Friendly

25/05/2005  T&T       4:0       Bermuda               POS          Friendly

27/05/2005  T&T       1:0       Bermuda               POS          Friendly

WTF they beat and tie the Strike Squad  :rotfl: ,yah lie . :o
them men dangerous boi .

Actually it was not the strike squad, a lot of people forgetting Gally virtually had 2 teams in training , 1 team for the WCQ and another for the Shell Caribbean cup. The team that lost those 2 games was the experimental Shell Cup team.

Just cool yuh really pushing hard for the last defence to come back together and I don't agree.

Sancho 31 cannot find a team and not playing any competitive ball

Lawrence 34 already announce his retirement

Gray 35 . Went to India and break a foot.

Dog 34 announce retirement, struggling with his knee.

Avery John 33 where is he today ?

Get over it youth, our defence is now men like Edwards, Hislop, Cupid Abu Bakr etc.
Maturana will put a solid defence together don't worry.

Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2008, 11:55:15 PM »
Maturana the magician right. ::)

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2008, 11:58:24 PM »
Maturana the magician right. ::)

Doh knock the latin hoodoo  ;D ;D
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline madness1969

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2008, 10:05:49 AM »
forget about those old players. we need to look at the new and young players.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2008, 10:18:27 AM »

I agree with palos.  If we can't beat Bermuda, then we need to pack up, give Maturana our Under 17 team and start to plan for 2014 (not that he would care to stay around till then).  But come on!  Lose to Bermuda and still expect to go to the WC?  No way! Save the money!  I say we win by a 6:1 aggregate.

Nice idea. Even in failure it would be nice to see some patience and long-term planning, but if we lose to Bermuda, Maturana getting fired. I think we will get through based on the fact that we have better quality and it is a two leg affair, so we have a chance to make up for any minor slip ups. But the game not played on paper and anything can happen. Bermuda will play some decent ball..it eh go be a cakewalk. But we should be able to take it over 2 legs

1]; } ?>